Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc4a10
Description: solute carrier family 4, sodium bicarbonate cotransporter-like, member 10
Alias: NCBE, mKIAA4136, sodium-driven chloride bicarbonate exchanger, sodium bicarbonate cotransporter NBCn2-E, sodium bicarbonate cotransporter member 10 variant NBCn2-E'
- Damkier H, Praetorius J. Genetic ablation of Slc4a10 alters the expression pattern of transporters involved in solute movement in the mouse choroid plexus. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;302:C1452-9 pubmed publisher..choroid plexus epithelium (CPE) from mice lacking the Na(+)-dependent Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger (NCBE) encoded by Slc4a10 leads to retargeting of the Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 1 (NHE1) from the luminal to the basolateral plasma membrane...
- Liu Y, Xu J, Wang D, Boron W, Chen L. Expression and distribution of NBCn2 (Slc4a10) splice variants in mouse brain: cloning of novel variant NBCn2-D. Brain Res. 2011;1390:33-40 pubmed publisherThe SLC4A10 gene, which is highly expressed in the mammalian brain, contains two known alternative splicing units, inserts A and B, and is theoretically capable of producing four NBCn2 splice variants: NBCn2-A, -B, -C, and -D...
- Chen L, Kelly M, Rojas J, Parker M, Gill H, Davis B, et al. Use of a new polyclonal antibody to study the distribution and glycosylation of the sodium-coupled bicarbonate transporter NCBE in rodent brain. Neuroscience. 2008;151:374-85 pubmedNCBE (SLC4A10) is a member of the SLC4 family of bicarbonate transporters, several of which play important roles in intracellular-pH regulation and transepithelial HCO(3)(-) transport...
- Eom T, Zhang C, Wang H, Lay K, Fak J, Noebels J, et al. NOVA-dependent regulation of cryptic NMD exons controls synaptic protein levels after seizure. elife. 2013;2:e00178 pubmed publisher..The data reveal a hidden means of dynamic RNA regulation linking electrical activity to splicing and protein output, and of mediating homeostatic excitation/inhibition balance in neurons.DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00178.001. ..
- Kao L, Kurtz L, Shao X, Papadopoulos M, Liu L, Bok D, et al. Severe neurologic impairment in mice with targeted disruption of the electrogenic sodium bicarbonate cotransporter NBCe2 (Slc4a5 gene). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32563-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first demonstration of the fundamental importance of NBCe2 in the biology of the nervous system. ..
- Coley A, Ruffin V, Moss F, Hopfer U, Boron W. Immunocytochemical identification of electroneutral Na?-coupled HCO?? transporters in freshly dissociated mouse medullary raphé neurons. Neuroscience. 2013;246:451-67 pubmed publisher..Assuming that the transporters are independently distributed among neurons, we can conclude that virtually all chemosensitive MR neurons contain at least one nNCBT. ..
- Song X, Yamasaki M, Miyazaki T, Konno K, Uchigashima M, Watanabe M. Neuron type- and input pathway-dependent expression of Slc4a10 in adult mouse brains. Eur J Neurosci. 2014;40:2797-810 pubmed publisherb>Slc4a10 was originally identified as a Na(+) -driven Cl(-) /HCO3 (-) exchanger NCBE that transports extracellular Na(+) and HCO3 (-) in exchange for intracellular Cl(-) , whereas other studies argue against a Cl(-) -dependence for Na(+) -..
- Sinning A, Liebmann L, HÃ¼bner C. Disruption of Slc4a10 augments neuronal excitability and modulates synaptic short-term plasticity. Front Cell Neurosci. 2015;9:223 pubmed publisherb>Slc4a10 is a Na(+)-coupled Cl(-)-HCO3 (-) exchanger, which is expressed in principal and inhibitory neurons as well as in choroid plexus epithelial cells of the brain...
- Liu Y, Wang D, Jiang D, Qin X, Xie Z, Wang Q, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of novel variants and tissue-specific expression of alternative amino and carboxyl termini of products of slc4a10. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55974 pubmed publisherPrevious studies have shown that the electroneutral Na(+)/HCO(3) (-) cotransporter NBCn2 (SLC4A10) is predominantly expressed in the central nervous system (CNS)...