Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc34a2
Description: solute carrier family 34 (sodium phosphate), member 2
Alias: AA536683, D5Ertd227e, NaPi-2b, Npt2b, sodium-dependent phosphate transport protein 2B, Na(+)-dependent phosphate cotransporter 2B, Na(+)/Pi cotransporter 2B, sodium-phosphate transport protein 2B, sodium/phosphate cotransporter 2B, solute carrier family 34 member 2, type IIb Na/Picotransporter
- Corut A, Senyigit A, Ugur S, Altin S, Ozcelik U, Calisir H, et al. Mutations in SLC34A2 cause pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis and are possibly associated with testicular microlithiasis. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;79:650-6 pubmed publisher..mapping to 4p15, then identified, by a candidate-gene approach, the gene responsible for the disease as SLC34A2 (the type IIb sodium-phosphate cotransporter gene), which is involved in phosphate homeostasis in several organs...
- Forster I, Virkki L, Bossi E, Murer H, Biber J. Electrogenic kinetics of a mammalian intestinal type IIb Na(+)/P(i) cotransporter. J Membr Biol. 2006;212:177-90 pubmed..External protons partially inhibited NaPi-IIb steady-state activity, independent of the titration of mono- and divalent Pi, and immobilized pre-steady-state charge movements associated with the first Na(+) binding step. ..
- Xu Y, Wang Y, Besnard V, Ikegami M, Wert S, Heffner C, et al. Transcriptional programs controlling perinatal lung maturation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37046 pubmed publisher..The present study systemically mapped key regulators, bioprocesses, and transcriptional networks controlling lung maturation, providing the basis for new therapeutic strategies to enhance lung function in preterm infants. ..
- Pakladok T, Hosseinzadeh Z, Lebedeva A, Alesutan I, Lang F. Upregulation of the Na?-coupled phosphate cotransporters NaPi-IIa and NaPi-IIb by B-RAF. J Membr Biol. 2014;247:137-45 pubmed publisher..Again, B-RAF coexpression enhanced the maximal IP. In conclusion, B-RAF is a powerful stimulator of the renal and intestinal type II Na?-coupled phosphate cotransporters NaPi-IIa and NaPi-IIb, respectively. ..
- Giral H, Cranston D, Lanzano L, Caldas Y, Sutherland E, Rachelson J, et al. NHE3 regulatory factor 1 (NHERF1) modulates intestinal sodium-dependent phosphate transporter (NaPi-2b) expression in apical microvilli. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35047-56 pubmed publisherP(i) uptake in the small intestine occurs predominantly through the NaPi-2b (SLC34a2) co-transporter. NaPi-2b is regulated by changes in dietary P(i) but the mechanisms underlying this regulation are largely undetermined...
- Saito A, Nikolaidis N, Amlal H, Uehara Y, Gardner J, Lasance K, et al. Modeling pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis by epithelial deletion of the Npt2b sodium phosphate cotransporter reveals putative biomarkers and strategies for treatment. Sci Transl Med. 2015;7:313ra181 pubmed publisher..Inactivating mutations in SLC34A2, which encodes the NPT2b sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporter, has been proposed as a cause of PAM...
- Ohata Y, Yamazaki M, Kawai M, Tsugawa N, Tachikawa K, Koinuma T, et al. Elevated fibroblast growth factor 23 exerts its effects on placenta and regulates vitamin D metabolism in pregnancy of Hyp mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2014;29:1627-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased levels of circulating FGF23 in pathological conditions such as Hyp mice exerts direct effects on the placenta and affects fetal vitamin D metabolism via the regulation of Cyp24a1 expression. ..
- Hernando N, Myakala K, Simona F, KnÃ¶pfel T, Thomas L, Murer H, et al. Intestinal Depletion of NaPi-IIb/Slc34a2 in Mice: Renal and Hormonal Adaptation. J Bone Miner Res. 2015;30:1925-37 pubmed publisherThe Na(+) -dependent phosphate-cotransporter NaPi-IIb (SLC34A2) is widely expressed, with intestine, lung, and testis among the organs with highest levels of mRNA abundance...
- Lin K, Rubinfeld B, Zhang C, Firestein R, Harstad E, Roth L, et al. Preclinical Development of an Anti-NaPi2b (SLC34A2) Antibody-Drug Conjugate as a Therapeutic for Non-Small Cell Lung and Ovarian Cancers. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:5139-50 pubmed publisher..Here, we have appended monomethyl auristatin E (MMAE) to an antibody recognizing the SLC34A2 gene product NaPi2b, the type II sodium-phosphate cotransporter, which is highly expressed on tumor surfaces of ..
- Schiavi S, Tang W, Bracken C, O Brien S, Song W, Boulanger J, et al. Npt2b deletion attenuates hyperphosphatemia associated with CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:1691-700 pubmed..The Npt2b transporter contributes to maintaining phosphate homeostasis in the setting of normal renal function, but its role ..
- Ohi A, Hanabusa E, Ueda O, Segawa H, Horiba N, Kaneko I, et al. Inorganic phosphate homeostasis in sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporter Npt2b?/? mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;301:F1105-13 pubmed publisher..The type II sodium-dependent P(i) transporter Npt2b is expressed in the brush-border membrane in intestinal epithelial cells and transports P(i)...
- Cheng X, Klaassen C. Tissue distribution, ontogeny, and hormonal regulation of xenobiotic transporters in mouse kidneys. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:2178-85 pubmed publisher..transporter 1, equilibrative nucleoside transporter [Ent] 2, Ent3, sodium-phosphate cotransporter [Npt] 1, Npt2a, Npt2b, Npt2c, organic anion transporter [Oat] 5, organic anion-transporting polypeptide [Oatp] 4c1, peptide transporter ..
- Shibasaki Y, Etoh N, Hayasaka M, Takahashi M, Kakitani M, Yamashita T, et al. Targeted deletion of the tybe IIb Na(+)-dependent Pi-co-transporter, NaPi-IIb, results in early embryonic lethality. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:482-6 pubmed publisher..Expression patterns of NaPi-IIb suggest that NaPi-IIb plays an important role in Pi absorption from maternal circulation. ..
- Lundquist P, Murer H, Biber J. Type II Na+-Pi cotransporters in osteoblast mineral formation: regulation by inorganic phosphate. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;19:43-56 pubmed..Their expression thus seem regulated by phosphate in a manner consistent with their playing a role in transcellular P(i) flux during mineralization. ..
- Reining S, Liesegang A, Betz H, Biber J, Murer H, Hernando N. Expression of renal and intestinal Na/Pi cotransporters in the absence of GABARAP. Pflugers Arch. 2010;460:207-17 pubmed publisher..However, in response to low Pi diets, the upregulation of NaPi-IIa is greater in the mutant mice. Thus, both the basal expression and the dietary-induced upregulation of NaPi-IIa are increased in the absence of GABARAP. ..
- Hong S, Minai Tehrani A, Chang S, Jiang H, Lee S, Lee A, et al. Knockdown of the sodium-dependent phosphate co-transporter 2b (NPT2b) suppresses lung tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77121 pubmed publisherThe sodium-dependent phosphate co-transporter 2b (NPT2b) plays an important role in maintaining phosphate homeostasis...
- McHaffie G, Graham C, Kohl B, Strunck Warnecke U, Werner A. The role of an intracellular cysteine stretch in the sorting of the type II Na/phosphate cotransporter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1768:2099-106 pubmed..Our results suggest that the modified cysteine motif prevents the constructs from basolateral sorting. Additional sorting determinants located downstream of the cysteine stretch may release the cargo to the apical compartment. ..
- Arima K, Hines E, Kiela P, Drees J, Collins J, Ghishan F. Glucocorticoid regulation and glycosylation of mouse intestinal type IIb Na-P(i) cotransporter during ontogeny. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;283:G426-34 pubmed..We also demonstrate that Na-P(i)-IIb is an N-linked glycoprotein and that glycosylation is age dependent. ..