Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc30a1
Description: solute carrier family 30 (zinc transporter), member 1
Alias: AI839647, C130040I11Rik, Znt1, zinc transporter 1, solute carrier family 30 member 1, znT-1
- Karol N, Brodski C, Bibi Y, Kaisman T, Forberg M, Hershfinkel M, et al. Zinc homeostatic proteins in the CNS are regulated by crosstalk between extracellular and intracellular zinc. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:567-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the conclusion that ZHP expression is regulated by crosstalk between synaptic and intracellular pools of Zn(2+). ..
- Fernandez E, Dencker L, Tallkvist J. Expression of ZnT-1 (Slc30a1) and MT-1 (Mt1) in the conceptus of cadmium treated mice. Reprod Toxicol. 2007;24:353-8 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to detect ZnT-1 (Slc30a1) and MT (Mt1) protein in structures within the decidua, yolk sac and embryo of mice and to determine whether Cd ..
- Mellone M, Pelucchi S, Alberti L, Genazzani A, Di Luca M, Gardoni F. Zinc transporter-1: a novel NMDA receptor-binding protein at the postsynaptic density. J Neurochem. 2015;132:159-68 pubmed publisher..Modulation of ZNT-1 expression in hippocampal neurons determined a shrinkage of dendritic spines and a reduction of GluN2A surface levels supporting the involvement of ZNT-1 in the dynamics of the excitatory synapse. ..
- Beharier O, Dror S, Levy S, Kahn J, Mor M, Etzion S, et al. ZnT-1 protects HL-1 cells from simulated ischemia-reperfusion through activation of Ras-ERK signaling. J Mol Med (Berl). 2012;90:127-38 pubmed publisher..However, following reperfusion ZnT-1 levels were found to be decreased. Our findings indicate that ZnT-1 may have important role in the ischemic myocardium through its ability to interact with Raf-1 kinase. ..
- Wesselkamper S, Chen L, Gordon T. Quantitative trait analysis of the development of pulmonary tolerance to inhaled zinc oxide in mice. Respir Res. 2005;6:73 pubmed
- Segal D, Ohana E, Besser L, Hershfinkel M, Moran A, Sekler I. A role for ZnT-1 in regulating cellular cation influx. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:1145-50 pubmed..Furthermore, ZnT-1 may play a role in cellular ion homeostasis and thereby confer protection against pathophysiological events linked to cellular Ca(2+) or Zn(2+) permeation and cell death. ..
- Liuzzi J, Bobo J, Lichten L, Samuelson D, Cousins R. Responsive transporter genes within the murine intestinal-pancreatic axis form a basis of zinc homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:14355-60 pubmed..There are 16 ZnT and Zip transporters expressed in pancreas. Only two, ZnT1 and ZnT2 (both cellular Zn exporters), show a progressive down-regulation under Zn-depleted conditions...
- Lee J, Park J, Jang B, Knudsen T. Altered expression of genes related to zinc homeostasis in early mouse embryos exposed to di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate. Toxicol Lett. 2004;152:1-10 pubmed..9 mg/kg for MT-II, and 6.6 mg/kg for ZnT-1. We conclude that DEHP exposure to pregnant dams at reasonably low levels during organogenesis stages can alter the expression of several key genes in embryonic zinc homeostasis. ..
- Fowler K, Saffery R, Irvine D, Trowell H, Choo K. Mouse centromere protein F (Cenpf) gene maps to the distal region of chromosome 1 by interspecific backcross analysis. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;82:180-1 pubmed
- Sindreu C, Bayes A, Altafaj X, Pérez Clausell J. Zinc transporter-1 concentrates at the postsynaptic density of hippocampal synapses. Mol Brain. 2014;7:16 pubmed publisher..Based on the presence of a canonical PDZ I motif in the Zinc Transporter-1 protein (ZnT1), we hypothesized that ZnT1 may be targeted to synaptic compartments for local control of cytosolic zinc...