Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc22a2
Description: solute carrier family 22 (organic cation transporter), member 2
Alias: Oct2, Orct2, solute carrier family 22 member 2, organic cation transporter 2
- Lin C, Tai Y, Huang M, Tsai Y, Hsu H, Tzen K, et al. Cellular localization of the organic cation transporters, OCT1 and OCT2, in brain microvessel endothelial cells and its implication for MPTP transport across the blood-brain barrier and MPTP-induced dopaminergic toxicity in rodents. J Neurochem. 2010;114:717-27 pubmed publisherThe cellular localization of organic cation transporter (OCT) 1 and OCT2 in isolated brain microvessel endothelial cells from humans, rats, and mice and in cultured adult rat brain endothelial cells was examined by confocal microscopy and ..
- Pauler F, Stricker S, Warczok K, Barlow D. Long-range DNase I hypersensitivity mapping reveals the imprinted Igf2r and Air promoters share cis-regulatory elements. Genome Res. 2005;15:1379-87 pubmed..17, paternal-specific expression of the Air noncoding RNA has been shown to silence three genes in cis: Igf2r, Slc22a2, and Slc22a3...
- Miakotina O, Agassandian M, Shi L, Look D, Mallampalli R. Adenovirus stimulates choline efflux by increasing expression of organic cation transporter-2. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L93-102 pubmed..These results indicate that adenoviruses can significantly disrupt choline trafficking in lung epithelia by upregulating expression of an alveolar protein involved in organic cation transport...
- Sleutels F, Zwart R, Barlow D. The non-coding Air RNA is required for silencing autosomal imprinted genes. Nature. 2002;415:810-3 pubmed..for a 400-kilobase region that contains three imprinted, maternally expressed protein-coding genes (Igf2r/Slc22a2/Slc22a3) has been shown by targeted deletion to be located in a sequence of 3...
- Jiang W, Prokopenko O, Wong L, Inouye M, Mirochnitchenko O. IRIP, a new ischemia/reperfusion-inducible protein that participates in the regulation of transporter activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6496-508 pubmed..The activities of exogenous organic cation transporters (OCT2 and OCT3), organic anion transporter (OAT1), and monoamine transporters were also inhibited by IRIP...
- Kulinski T, Casari M, Guenzl P, Wenzel D, Andergassen D, Hladik A, et al. Imprinted expression in cystic embryoid bodies shows an embryonic and not an extra-embryonic pattern. Dev Biol. 2015;402:291-305 pubmed publisher..This explains why cystic EBs reproduce the imprinted expression seen in the embryo but not that seen in the ysE. ..
- Koehler M, Wissinger B, Gorboulev V, Koepsell H, Schmid M. The two human organic cation transporter genes SLC22A1 and SLC22A2 are located on chromosome 6q26. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1997;79:198-200 pubmed..We have localized the OCT1 and OCT2 genes (SLC22A1, SLC22A2) on chromosome 6q26.
- Oda M, Koyanagi S, Tsurudome Y, Kanemitsu T, Matsunaga N, Ohdo S. Renal circadian clock regulates the dosing-time dependency of cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity in mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2014;85:715-22 pubmed publisher..Two types of transporters, organic cation transporter 2 (OCT2, encoded by Slc22a2) and multidrug and toxin extrusion 1 (MATE1, encoded by Slc47a1), are ..
- Yang J, Kalogerou M, Gallacher J, Sampson J, Shen M. Renal tumours in a Tsc1+/- mouse model show epigenetic suppression of organic cation transporters Slc22a1, Slc22a2 and Slc22a3, and do not respond to metformin. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:1479-90 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, the expression of the organic cation transporters Slc22a1, Slc22a2 and Slc22a3 essential for the cellular uptake of metformin was highly suppressed in renal tumours...
- Khomenko T, Kolodney J, Pinto J, McLaren G, Deng X, Chen L, et al. New mechanistic explanation for the localization of ulcers in the rat duodenum: role of iron and selective uptake of cysteamine. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2012;525:60-70 pubmed publisher..These studies provide new insights into the mechanism of cysteamine absorption and demonstrate that intracellular iron plays a critical role in cysteamine uptake and in experimental duodenal ulcerogenesis. ..
- Bacq A, Balasse L, Biala G, Guiard B, Gardier A, Schinkel A, et al. Organic cation transporter 2 controls brain norepinephrine and serotonin clearance and antidepressant response. Mol Psychiatry. 2012;17:926-39 pubmed publisher..Here we report that OCT2, a member of the polyspecific organic cation transporter (OCT) family, is expressed notably in the limbic system ..
- Sprowl J, Ong S, Gibson A, Hu S, Du G, Lin W, et al. A phosphotyrosine switch regulates organic cation transporters. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10880 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies showed that these TKIs inhibit the Src family kinase Yes1, which was found to be essential for OCT2 tyrosine phosphorylation and function...
- McLachlan S, Lee S, Steele T, Hawthorne P, Zapala M, Eskin E, et al. In silico QTL mapping of basal liver iron levels in inbred mouse strains. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:136-47 pubmed publisher..32 Mb region on Chromosome 11 that both contain only one candidate gene, Adam12 and Gria1, respectively. Identified putative QTL are good candidates for further refinement and subsequent functional studies. ..
- Kakehi M, Koyabu N, Nakamura T, Uchiumi T, Kuwano M, Ohtani H, et al. Functional characterization of mouse cation transporter mOCT2 compared with mOCT1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:644-50 pubmed..3)H]MPP(+)) by Xenopus laevis oocytes injected with mOCT1 (Slc22a1) or mOCT2 (Slc22a2) cRNA was attenuated by an increase of extracellular K(+) concentration and under acidic extracellular conditions...
- Kummer W, Wiegand S, Akinci S, Wessler I, Schinkel A, Wess J, et al. Role of acetylcholine and polyspecific cation transporters in serotonin-induced bronchoconstriction in the mouse. Respir Res. 2006;7:65 pubmed..These data provide new insights into the mechanisms involved in 5-HT-induced bronchoconstriction, including novel information about non-genomic, acute effects of corticosteroids on bronchoconstriction. ..
- Zwart R, Sleutels F, Wutz A, Schinkel A, Barlow D. Bidirectional action of the Igf2r imprint control element on upstream and downstream imprinted genes. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2361-6 pubmed..Two novel imprinted genes, Slc22a2 and Slc22a3 are described here that lie 110 and 155 kb 3' to Igf2r and that are not overlapped by the Air ..
- Ciarimboli G, Deuster D, Knief A, Sperling M, Holtkamp M, Edemir B, et al. Organic cation transporter 2 mediates cisplatin-induced oto- and nephrotoxicity and is a target for protective interventions. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1169-80 pubmed publisher..For the first time we showed that OCT2 is expressed in hair cells of the cochlea...
- Zwart R, Verhaagh S, De Jong J, Lyon M, Barlow D. Genetic analysis of the organic cation transporter genes Orct2/Slc22a2 and Orct3/Slc22a3 reduces the critical region for the t haplotype mutant t(w73) to 200 kb. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:734-40 pubmed..5 days post coitum (pc). Two recently described organic cation transporter genes, Slc22a2 (Orct2) and Slc22a3 (Orct3), fulfill criteria predicted for t(w73) candidate genes, since both map to the ..
- Schlatter E, Klassen P, Massmann V, Holle S, Guckel D, Edemir B, et al. Mouse organic cation transporter 1 determines properties and regulation of basolateral organic cation transport in renal proximal tubules. Pflugers Arch. 2014;466:1581-9 pubmed..Properties of mouse OCT considerably differ from those of rat or human origin, and thus, observations made in these rodents cannot directly be transferred to the human situation ..
- Couroussé T, Bacq A, Belzung C, Guiard B, Balasse L, Louis F, et al. Brain organic cation transporter 2 controls response and vulnerability to stress and GSK3? signaling. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:889-900 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that OCT2 is expressed in several stress-related circuits in the brain and along the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical (..
- Vallette Kasic S, Pellegrini Bouiller I, Sampieri F, Gunz G, Diaz A, Radovick S, et al. Combined pituitary hormone deficiency due to the F135C human Pit-1 (pituitary-specific factor 1) gene mutation: functional and structural correlates. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:411-20 pubmed
- Sprowl J, Ciarimboli G, Lancaster C, Giovinazzo H, Gibson A, Du G, et al. Oxaliplatin-induced neurotoxicity is dependent on the organic cation transporter OCT2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:11199-204 pubmed publisher..We found that the organic cation transporter 2 (OCT2) is expressed on dorsal root ganglia cells within the nervous system where oxaliplatin is known ..
- Stellmer F, Keyser B, Burckhardt B, Koepsell H, Streichert T, Glatzel M, et al. 3-Hydroxyglutaric acid is transported via the sodium-dependent dicarboxylate transporter NaDC3. J Mol Med (Berl). 2007;85:763-70 pubmed..confirmed the upregulation of the sodium-dependent dicarboxylate cotransporter 3 (NaDC3) and the organic cation transporter 2 (OCT2)...
- Monte J, Nagle M, Eraly S, Nigam S. Identification of a novel murine organic anion transporter family member, OAT6, expressed in olfactory mucosa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:429-36 pubmed..Furthermore, e-blot data suggest very different expression of individual OATs, OCTs and OCTNs in kidney, brain, liver, and eye. ..