Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc20a2
Description: solute carrier family 20, member 2
Alias: MolPit2, Pit-2, Pit2, Ram-1, Ram1, sodium-dependent phosphate transporter 2, phosphate transporter 2, type III sodium-dependent phosphate transporter
- Filie J, Burbelo P, Kozak C. Genetic mapping of the alpha 1 and alpha 2 (IV) collagen genes to mouse chromosome 8. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:487 pubmed
- Richardson C, Bank A. Developmental-stage-specific expression and regulation of an amphotropic retroviral receptor in hematopoietic cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4240-7 pubmed
- Beck L, Leroy C, Beck Cormier S, Forand A, Salaun C, Paris N, et al. The phosphate transporter PiT1 (Slc20a1) revealed as a new essential gene for mouse liver development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9148 pubmed publisher..This work is the first to illustrate a specific in vivo role for PiT1 by uncovering it as being a critical gene for normal developmental liver growth. ..
- Huttner K, Kozak C, Bevins C. The mouse genome encodes a single homolog of the antimicrobial peptide human beta-defensin 1. FEBS Lett. 1997;413:45-9 pubmed..These data indicate that mBD-1 is a close homolog of hBD-1, and suggest that analysis of its role in mouse host defense may provide significant insights into human epithelial innate immunity. ..
- Wallingford M, Chia J, Leaf E, Borgeia S, Chavkin N, Sawangmake C, et al. SLC20A2 Deficiency in Mice Leads to Elevated Phosphate Levels in Cerbrospinal Fluid and Glymphatic Pathway-Associated Arteriolar Calcification, and Recapitulates Human Idiopathic Basal Ganglia Calcification. Brain Pathol. 2017;27:64-76 pubmed publisher..has been genetically linked to autosomal dominant mutations in the sodium-dependent phosphate co-transporter, SLC20A2. The mechanisms whereby deficiency of Slc20a2 leads to basal ganglion calcification are unknown...
- Jensen N, Autzen J, Pedersen L. Slc20a2 is critical for maintaining a physiologic inorganic phosphate level in cerebrospinal fluid. Neurogenetics. 2016;17:125-30 pubmed publisherMutations in the SLC20A2-gene encoding the inorganic phosphate (Pi) transporter PiT2 can explain approximately 40% of the familial cases of the rare neurodegenerative disorder primary familial brain calcification (Fahr's disease)...
- Jensen N, Schrøder H, Hejbøl E, Füchtbauer E, de Oliveira J, Pedersen L. Loss of function of Slc20a2 associated with familial idiopathic Basal Ganglia calcification in humans causes brain calcifications in mice. J Mol Neurosci. 2013;51:994-9 pubmed publisher..Deleterious mutations in SLC20A2, encoding the type III sodium-dependent phosphate transporter 2 (PiT2), were recently linked to FIBGC in almost 50% of the families reported worldwide...
- Yu S, Xu L, Wu J, Yao C, Hu Q, Zhang C, et al. Increased PIT1 and PIT2 Expression in Streptozotocin (STZ)-induced Diabetic Mice Contributes to Uptake of iAs(V). Biomed Environ Sci. 2017;30:792-801 pubmed publisher..The gene expression levels of Pit1 and Pit2 were quantified by real-time RT-PCR, and their protein levels were detected by Western blotting in mouse heart, ..
- Larsen F, Jensen N, Autzen J, Kongsfelt I, Pedersen L. Primary Brain Calcification Causal PiT2 Transport-Knockout Variants can Exert Dominant Negative Effects on Wild-Type PiT2 Transport Function in Mammalian Cells. J Mol Neurosci. 2017;61:215-220 pubmed publisher..In recent years, monoallelic variants in SLC20A2, which encodes the type III sodium-dependent inorganic phosphate (Pi) transporter 2 (PiT2), have been ..
- Ohata Y, Yamazaki M, Kawai M, Tsugawa N, Tachikawa K, Koinuma T, et al. Elevated fibroblast growth factor 23 exerts its effects on placenta and regulates vitamin D metabolism in pregnancy of Hyp mice. J Bone Miner Res. 2014;29:1627-38 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increased levels of circulating FGF23 in pathological conditions such as Hyp mice exerts direct effects on the placenta and affects fetal vitamin D metabolism via the regulation of Cyp24a1 expression. ..
- Crouthamel M, Lau W, Leaf E, Chavkin N, Wallingford M, Peterson D, et al. Sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporters and phosphate-induced calcification of vascular smooth muscle cells: redundant roles for PiT-1 and PiT-2. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:2625-32 pubmed publisher..PiT-2 can mediate phosphate uptake and calcification of VSMCs in the absence of PiT-1. Mechanistically, PiT-1 and PiT-2 seem to serve redundant roles in phosphate-induced calcification of VSMCs. ..
- Inden M, Iriyama M, Takagi M, Kaneko M, Hozumi I. Localization of type-III sodium-dependent phosphate transporter 2 in the mouse brain. Brain Res. 2013;1531:75-83 pubmed publisher..phosphate transporters 1 and 2 (PiT-1 and PiT-2, respectively) are proteins encoded by SLC20A1 and SLC20A2, respectively...
- Lyu M, Kozak C. Genetic mapping of the amphotropic murine leukemia virus receptor on mouse chromosome 8. Virology. 1994;204:868-9 pubmed..Analysis of the progeny of two interspecies genetic crosses was used to establish the genetic map location of the mouse gene encoding this receptor, Ram1, within the proximal region of chromosome 8.
- Wittrant Y, Bourgine A, Khoshniat S, Alliot Licht B, Masson M, Gatius M, et al. Inorganic phosphate regulates Glvr-1 and -2 expression: role of calcium and ERK1/2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:259-63 pubmed publisher..This study contributes to give new insights in the control of Pi transport during carious diseases. ..
- Schneiderman R, Farrell K, Wilson C, Eiden M. The Japanese feral mouse Pit1 and Pit2 homologs lack an acidic residue at position 550 but still function as gibbon ape leukemia virus receptors: implications for virus binding motif. J Virol. 1996;70:6982-6 pubmed..can enter MMMol via not only the GALV receptor (MolPit1) but also the amphotropic murine leukemia virus receptor (MolPit2). Therefore, MolPit2 was cloned, sequenced, and compared with the previously reported sequence of MolPit1...