Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc17a7
Description: solute carrier family 17 (sodium-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter), member 7
Alias: 2900052E22Rik, AI851913, Vglut1, vesicular glutamate transporter 1, brain-specific Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter, solute carrier family 17 member 7
- Schmidt H, Stonkute A, Jüttner R, Schaffer S, Buttgereit J, Feil R, et al. The receptor guanylyl cyclase Npr2 is essential for sensory axon bifurcation within the spinal cord. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:331-40 pubmed..Hence, our data demonstrate that Npr2 and cGKI are essential constituents of the signaling pathway underlying axonal bifurcation at the DREZ and neuronal connectivity in the dorsal spinal cord. ..
- Rose M, Ren J, Ahmad K, Chao H, Klisch T, Flora A, et al. Math1 is essential for the development of hindbrain neurons critical for perinatal breathing. Neuron. 2009;64:341-54 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Math1-dependent neurons that are critical for perinatal breathing that may link proprioception and arousal with respiration. ..
- Pecho Vrieseling E, Sigrist M, Yoshida Y, Jessell T, Arber S. Specificity of sensory-motor connections encoded by Sema3e-Plxnd1 recognition. Nature. 2009;459:842-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that patterns of monosynaptic connectivity in this prototypic central nervous system circuit are constructed through a recognition program based on repellent signalling. ..
- Riccomagno M, Hurtado A, Wang H, Macopson J, Griner E, Betz A, et al. The RacGAP ?2-Chimaerin selectively mediates axonal pruning in the hippocampus. Cell. 2012;149:1594-606 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a Npn2/?2Chn/Rac1 signaling axis distinguishes DG axon pruning from the effects of Sema3F on repulsion and dendritic spine remodeling...
- Mizuguchi R, Naritsuka H, Mori K, Mao C, Klein W, Yoshihara Y. Tbr2 deficiency in mitral and tufted cells disrupts excitatory-inhibitory balance of neural circuitry in the mouse olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8831-44 pubmed publisher..of another T-box member, Tbr1, and a concomitant shift of vesicular glutamate transporter (VGluT) subtypes from VGluT1 to VGluT2...
- Riccomagno M, Sun L, Brady C, Alexandropoulos K, Seo S, Kurokawa M, et al. Cas adaptor proteins organize the retinal ganglion cell layer downstream of integrin signaling. Neuron. 2014;81:779-86 pubmed publisher..These data reveal an essential role for Cas adaptor proteins in ?1-Integrin-mediated signaling events critical for the formation of the single-cell GCL in the mammalian retina. ..
- Morel L, Higashimori H, Tolman M, Yang Y. VGluT1+ neuronal glutamatergic signaling regulates postnatal developmental maturation of cortical protoplasmic astroglia. J Neurosci. 2014;34:10950-62 pubmed publisher..Our analysis found a particularly high increase in the number of VGluT1(+) neuronal glutamatergic synapses that are ensheathed by processes from individual developing astroglia from ..
- Schmidt H, Stonkute A, Jüttner R, Koesling D, Friebe A, Rathjen F. C-type natriuretic peptide (CNP) is a bifurcation factor for sensory neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16847-52 pubmed publisher..Functionally, the bifurcation error in CNP mutant mice is maintained at mature stages and results in a reduced input on secondary neurons as detected by patch-clamp recordings. ..
- Wentzel C, Sommer J, Nair R, Stiefvater A, Sibarita J, Scheiffele P. mSYD1A, a mammalian synapse-defective-1 protein, regulates synaptogenic signaling and vesicle docking. Neuron. 2013;78:1012-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, mSYD1A is a regulator of presynaptic release sites at central synapses. ..
- Granseth B, Andersson F, LindstrÃ¶m S. The initial stage of reversal learning is impaired in mice hemizygous for the vesicular glutamate transporter (VGluT1). Genes Brain Behav. 2015;14:477-85 pubmed publisher..The vesicular glutamate transporter (VGluT1) is preferentially expressed at modulatory synapses, including PFC neurons that project to components of the ..
- Xu Y, Lopes C, Wende H, Guo Z, Cheng L, Birchmeier C, et al. Ontogeny of excitatory spinal neurons processing distinct somatic sensory modalities. J Neurosci. 2013;33:14738-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, our studies provide new insight into the ontogeny of spinal neurons processing distinct sensory modalities. ..
- Elizalde N, Pastor P, Garcia Garcia A, Serres F, Venzala E, Huarte J, et al. Regulation of markers of synaptic function in mouse models of depression: chronic mild stress and decreased expression of VGLUT1. J Neurochem. 2010;114:1302-14 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mice heterozygous for the synaptic vesicle protein vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1), have been proposed as a genetic model of deficient glutamate function linked to depressive-..
- Rodriguez Perdigon M, Solas M, Ramirez M. JNK: A Putative Link Between Insulin Signaling and VGLUT1 in Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;50:963-7 pubmed publisher..In postmortem cortical tissues, pJNK levels were increased, while insulin signaling and the expression of VGLUT1 were decreased. A significant correlation was found between reduced expression of insulin receptor and VGLUT1...
- Ohtaka Maruyama C, Miwa A, Kawano H, Kasai M, Okado H. Spatial and temporal expression of RP58, a novel zinc finger transcriptional repressor, in mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:1098-108 pubmed..Double in situ hybridization using GAD67 or VGLUT1 probes revealed that RP58 is expressed in glutamatergic excitatory neurons.
- Patriarchi T, Amabile S, Frullanti E, Landucci E, Lo Rizzo C, Ariani F, et al. Imbalance of excitatory/inhibitory synaptic protein expression in iPSC-derived neurons from FOXG1(+/-) patients and in foxg1(+/-) mice. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:871-80 pubmed publisher..markers (GAD67 and GABA AR-Î±1) were increased, whereas the levels of a number of excitatory synaptic markers (VGLUT1, GluA1, GluN1 and PSD-95) were decreased...
- Cheng X, Yang Y, Zhou W, Zhang Y. Expression of VGLUTs contributes to degeneration and acquisition of learning and memory. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2011;95:361-75 pubmed publisherVesicular glutamate transporters (VGLUTs), which include VGLUT1, VGLUT2 and VGLUT3, are responsible for the uploading of L-glutamate into synaptic vesicles...
- Miura E, Fukaya M, Sato T, Sugihara K, Asano M, Yoshioka K, et al. Expression and distribution of JNK/SAPK-associated scaffold protein JSAP1 in developing and adult mouse brain. J Neurochem. 2006;97:1431-46 pubmed..Therefore, the characteristic cellular expression and subcellular distribution of JSAP1 might be beneficial for cells to efficiently link external stimuli to the JNK MAPK pathway and other intracellular machineries. ..
- Zhang J, Weinrich J, Russ J, Comer J, Bommareddy P, DiCasoli R, et al. A Role for Dystonia-Associated Genes in Spinal GABAergic Interneuron Circuitry. Cell Rep. 2017;21:666-678 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a potential contribution of GABApre neurons to the deficits in presynaptic inhibition observed in dystonia. ..
- Yelamanchili S, Pendyala G, Brunk I, Darna M, Albrecht U, Ahnert Hilger G. Differential sorting of the vesicular glutamate transporter 1 into a defined vesicular pool is regulated by light signaling involving the clock gene Period2. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15671-9 pubmed..b>VGLUT1 protein levels are high before the start of the light period, decline at noon, increase again before start of the ..
- Heupel K, Sargsyan V, Plomp J, Rickmann M, Varoqueaux F, Zhang W, et al. Loss of transforming growth factor-beta 2 leads to impairment of central synapse function. Neural Dev. 2008;3:25 pubmed publisher..The functional alterations in the respiratory center of the brain are probably the underlying cause of the perinatal death of the TGF-beta2 knock-out mice. ..
- Joo J, Lee S, Uemura T, Yoshida T, Yasumura M, Watanabe M, et al. Differential interactions of cerebellin precursor protein (Cbln) subtypes and neurexin variants for synapse formation of cortical neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;406:627-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Cbln subtypes exert synaptogenic activities in cortical neurons by differentially interacting with NRXN variants containing S4. ..
- Ormel L, Stensrud M, Bergersen L, Gundersen V. VGLUT1 is localized in astrocytic processes in several brain regions. Glia. 2012;60:229-38 pubmed publisher..By confocal microscopy, the authors, in this study, show that vesicles by a family of glutamate transporters 1 (VGLUT1) labeling was clearly present within astrocytic processes (diameter > 1 ?m) in several brain regions; the ..
- Molofsky A, Kelley K, Tsai H, Redmond S, Chang S, Madireddy L, et al. Astrocyte-encoded positional cues maintain sensorimotor circuit integrity. Nature. 2014;509:189-94 pubmed publisher..More generally, they suggest that regional astrocyte heterogeneity may help to coordinate postnatal neural circuit refinement. ..
- Kim S, Burette A, Chung H, Kwon S, Woo J, Lee H, et al. NGL family PSD-95-interacting adhesion molecules regulate excitatory synapse formation. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:1294-301 pubmed..NGL-2 knockdown reduced excitatory, but not inhibitory, synapse numbers and currents. These results suggest that NGL regulates the formation of excitatory synapses. ..
- Krishnaswamy A, Yamagata M, Duan X, Hong Y, Sanes J. Sidekick 2 directs formation of a retinal circuit that detects differential motion. Nature. 2015;524:466-470 pubmed publisher..This non-canonical circuit introduces a delay into the pathway from photoreceptors in the centre of the receptive field to W3B-RGCs, which could improve their ability to judge the synchrony of local and global motion. ..
- Chih B, Engelman H, Scheiffele P. Control of excitatory and inhibitory synapse formation by neuroligins. Science. 2005;307:1324-8 pubmed..Electrophysiological analysis revealed a predominant reduction of inhibitory synaptic function. Thus, neuroligins control the formation and functional balance of excitatory and inhibitory synapses in hippocampal neurons. ..
- Uda Y, Xu S, Matsumura T, Takei Y. P2Y4 Nucleotide Receptor in Neuronal Precursors Induces Glutamatergic Subtype Markers in Their Descendant Neurons. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:474-482 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that differentiating NSCs pass through a stage in which nucleotides can affect subtype marker expression of their descendant neurons. ..
- Ricciardi S, Ungaro F, Hambrock M, Rademacher N, Stefanelli G, Brambilla D, et al. CDKL5 ensures excitatory synapse stability by reinforcing NGL-1-PSD95 interaction in the postsynaptic compartment and is impaired in patient iPSC-derived neurons. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:911-23 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, similarly to rodent neurons, iPSC-derived neurons from patients with CDKL5 mutations exhibit aberrant dendritic spines, thus suggesting a common function of CDKL5 in mice and humans. ..
- Riazanski V, Deriy L, Shevchenko P, Le B, Gomez E, Nelson D. Presynaptic CLC-3 determines quantal size of inhibitory transmission in the hippocampus. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:487-94 pubmed publisher..Our observations extend the role of Cl(-) in inhibitory transmission from that of a postsynaptic permeant species to a presynaptic regulatory element. ..
- Minkeviciene R, Ihalainen J, Malm T, Matilainen O, Keksa Goldsteine V, Goldsteins G, et al. Age-related decrease in stimulated glutamate release and vesicular glutamate transporters in APP/PS1 transgenic and wild-type mice. J Neurochem. 2008;105:584-94 pubmed..There was an age-dependent decline in VGLUT1 levels, but not in the levels of VGLUT2, GLT-1 or synaptophysin...
- Rosengauer E, Hartwich H, Hartmann A, Rudnicki A, Satheesh S, Avraham K, et al. Egr2::cre mediated conditional ablation of dicer disrupts histogenesis of mammalian central auditory nuclei. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49503 pubmed publisher..2% decrease). The superior olivary complex was also drastically affected in these mice. Nissl staining as well as Vglut1 and Calbindin 1 immunolabeling revealed that principal SOC nuclei such as the medial nucleus of the trapezoid body ..
- Uemura T, Mishina M. The amino-terminal domain of glutamate receptor delta2 triggers presynaptic differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:1315-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GluRdelta2 triggers presynaptic differentiation by direct interaction with presynaptic components through the NTD. ..
- Matsuda I, Fukaya M, Nakao H, Nakao K, Matsumoto H, Mori K, et al. Development of the somatosensory cortex, the cerebellum, and the main olfactory system in Semaphorin 3F knockout mice. Neurosci Res. 2010;66:321-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Sema3F plays a relatively restricted, if any, role in its receptor expression and postnatal development of these brain structures. ..
- Garcia Garcia A, Venzala E, Elizalde N, Ramirez M, Urbiola A, Del Rio J, et al. Regulation of serotonin (5-HT) function by a VGLUT1 dependent glutamate pathway. Neuropharmacology. 2013;70:190-9 pubmed publisher..Here we studied how decreased VGLUT1 levels in the brain stem affect glutamate regulation of 5-HT function...
- Ray A, Treloar H. IgSF8: a developmentally and functionally regulated cell adhesion molecule in olfactory sensory neuron axons and synapses. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2012;50:238-49 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that IgSF8 facilitates OSN synapse formation. ..
- Potokar M, Stenovec M, Gabrijel M, Li L, Kreft M, Grilc S, et al. Intermediate filaments attenuate stimulation-dependent mobility of endosomes/lysosomes in astrocytes. Glia. 2010;58:1208-19 pubmed publisher..Recycling vesicles were labeled by antibodies against vesicle glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1) and atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), respectively, and by lysotracker, which labels endosomes/lysosomes...
- Sheng N, Yang J, Silm K, Edwards R, Nicoll R. A slow excitatory postsynaptic current mediated by a novel metabotropic glutamate receptor in CA1 pyramidal neurons. Neuropharmacology. 2017;115:4-9 pubmed publisher..stimulation while ionotropic glutamate receptors and glutamate-uptake are blocked whereas it is absent in the VGLUT1 knockout mouse in which presynaptic glutamate is lost, suggesting the slow EPSC is mediated by glutamate ..
- Herman M, Ackermann F, Trimbuch T, Rosenmund C. Vesicular glutamate transporter expression level affects synaptic vesicle release probability at hippocampal synapses in culture. J Neurosci. 2014;34:11781-91 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we propose a novel means of presynaptic vesicle release regulation--the intravesicular glutamate fill state of the vesicle. ..
- Moechars D, Weston M, Leo S, Callaerts Vegh Z, Goris I, Daneels G, et al. Vesicular glutamate transporter VGLUT2 expression levels control quantal size and neuropathic pain. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12055-66 pubmed..Three transporters (VGLUT1-VGLUT3) are expressed in the mammalian CNS, with partial overlapping expression patterns, and VGLUT2 is the most ..
- Bond A, Vangompel M, Sametsky E, Clark M, Savage J, Disterhoft J, et al. Balanced gene regulation by an embryonic brain ncRNA is critical for adult hippocampal GABA circuitry. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1020-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that noncoding RNA-dependent balanced gene regulation in embryonic brain is critical for proper formation of GABA-dependent neuronal circuitry in adult brain. ..
- Ikeda K, Satake S, Onaka T, Sugimoto H, Takeda N, Imoto K, et al. Enhanced inhibitory neurotransmission in the cerebellar cortex of Atp1a3-deficient heterozygous mice. J Physiol. 2013;591:3433-49 pubmed publisher..Our results shed light on the role of Atp1a3 in the inhibitory synapse, and potential involvement of inhibitory synaptic dysfunction for the pathophysiology of dystonia. ..
- Johnson J, Fremeau R, Duncan J, RENTERIA R, Yang H, Hua Z, et al. Vesicular glutamate transporter 1 is required for photoreceptor synaptic signaling but not for intrinsic visual functions. J Neurosci. 2007;27:7245-55 pubmed..Generally, VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 isoforms show complementary expression in the CNS and retina...
- Kariya S, Park G, Maeno Hikichi Y, Leykekhman O, Lutz C, Arkovitz M, et al. Reduced SMN protein impairs maturation of the neuromuscular junctions in mouse models of spinal muscular atrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2552-69 pubmed publisher..We suggest that SMA might best be described as a NMJ synaptopathy and that one promising means of treating it could involve maintaining function at the NMJ. ..
- Darna M, Schmutz I, Richter K, Yelamanchili S, Pendyala G, Höltje M, et al. Time of day-dependent sorting of the vesicular glutamate transporter to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4300-7 pubmed publisher..Recently, we described a strong diurnal cycling of the amount of VGLUT1 on synaptic vesicles prepared from whole mouse brain at different times of the day (Yelamanchili, S. V...
- Oishi K, Watatani K, Itoh Y, Okano H, Guillemot F, Nakajima K, et al. Selective induction of neocortical GABAergic neurons by the PDK1-Akt pathway through activation of Mash1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:13064-9 pubmed publisher..These results have unveiled an unexpected role of the PDK1-Akt pathway: a key mediator of extracellular signals regulating the production of neocortical GABAergic neurons. ..
- Nakamura K, Watakabe A, Hioki H, Fujiyama F, Tanaka Y, Yamamori T, et al. Transiently increased colocalization of vesicular glutamate transporters 1 and 2 at single axon terminals during postnatal development of mouse neocortex: a quantitative analysis with correlation coefficient. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:3054-67 pubmedb>Vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1) and VGLUT2 show complementary distribution in neocortex; VGLUT1 is expressed mainly in axon terminals of neocortical neurons, whereas VGLUT2 is located chiefly in thalamocortical axon terminals...
- Mende M, Fletcher E, Belluardo J, Pierce J, Bommareddy P, Weinrich J, et al. Sensory-Derived Glutamate Regulates Presynaptic Inhibitory Terminals in Mouse Spinal Cord. Neuron. 2016;90:1189-1202 pubmed publisher..These retrograde signals comprise a feedback mechanism by which excitatory sensory activity drives GABAergic inhibition to maintain circuit homeostasis. ..
- Garcia Garcia A, Elizalde N, Matrov D, Harro J, Wojcik S, Venzala E, et al. Increased vulnerability to depressive-like behavior of mice with decreased expression of VGLUT1. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;66:275-82 pubmed publisher..Evidence suggests that decreased vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1) levels in the forebrain affect the glutamate/GABA cycle and induce helpless behavior...
- Zagoraiou L, Akay T, Martin J, Brownstone R, Jessell T, Miles G. A cluster of cholinergic premotor interneurons modulates mouse locomotor activity. Neuron. 2009;64:645-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, V0(C) interneurons represent a defined class of spinal cholinergic interneurons with an intrinsic neuromodulatory role in the control of locomotor behavior. ..
- Callaerts Vegh Z, Moechars D, Van Acker N, Daneels G, Goris I, Leo S, et al. Haploinsufficiency of VGluT1 but not VGluT2 impairs extinction of spatial preference and response suppression. Behav Brain Res. 2013;245:13-21 pubmed publisher..Deleting either the VGluT1 or VGluT2 gene leads to profound developmental and neurological complications and early death, but mice ..
- Tanabe Y, Naito Y, Vasuta C, Lee A, Soumounou Y, Linhoff M, et al. IgSF21 promotes differentiation of inhibitory synapses via binding to neurexin2?. Nat Commun. 2017;8:408 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that IgSF21 interacts with neurexin2? to induce presynaptic differentiation of inhibitory synapses, and that mice lacking IgSF21 exhibit deficits in inhibitory synaptic transmission. ..
- Tomioka N, Yasuda H, Miyamoto H, Hatayama M, Morimura N, Matsumoto Y, et al. Elfn1 recruits presynaptic mGluR7 in trans and its loss results in seizures. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4501 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel mechanism for interneuron subtype-specific neural circuit establishment and define a common basis bridging neurological disorders. ..
- Rodriguez Perdigon M, Tordera R, Gil Bea F, Gerenu G, Ramirez M, Solas M. Down-regulation of glutamatergic terminals (VGLUT1) driven by AÎ² in Alzheimer's disease. Hippocampus. 2016;26:1303-12 pubmed publisher..The present study shows that AÎ² caused a loss of glutamatergic terminals, measured by VGLUT1 protein levels, in Tg2576 primary cell cultures, Tg2576 mice and AD patient brains, and also when AÎ² was added ..
- Huang W, Guenthner C, Xu J, Nguyen T, Schwarz L, Wilkinson A, et al. Molecular and Neural Functions of Rai1, the Causal Gene for Smith-Magenis Syndrome. Neuron. 2016;92:392-406 pubmed publisher..By integrating molecular and organismal analyses, our study suggests potential therapeutic avenues for a complex neurodevelopmental disorder. ..
- Allen W, Kauvar I, Chen M, Richman E, Yang S, Chan K, et al. Global Representations of Goal-Directed Behavior in Distinct Cell Types of Mouse Neocortex. Neuron. 2017;94:891-907.e6 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal cell-type-specific processes in cortex for globally representing goal-directed behavior and identify aÂ major cortical node that gates the global broadcast of task-related information. ..
- de Nooij J, Doobar S, Jessell T. Etv1 inactivation reveals proprioceptor subclasses that reflect the level of NT3 expression in muscle targets. Neuron. 2013;77:1055-68 pubmed publisher..Our findings support a model in which the specification of aspects of pSN subtype character is controlled by variation in the level of muscle NT3 expression and signaling. ..
- Lopes C, Liu Z, Xu Y, Ma Q. Tlx3 and Runx1 act in combination to coordinate the development of a cohort of nociceptors, thermoceptors, and pruriceptors. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9706-15 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies suggest that genetically Tlx3 acts in combination with Runx1 to control the development of a cohort of nociceptors, thermoceptors, and pruriceptors in mice. ..
- Martineau M, Guzman R, Fahlke C, Klingauf J. VGLUT1 functions as a glutamate/proton exchanger with chloride channel activity in hippocampal glutamatergic synapses. Nat Commun. 2017;8:2279 pubmed publisher..imaging with pH- and chloride-sensitive fluorescent probes in cultured hippocampal neurons of wild-type and VGLUT1-deficient mice that in SVs VGLUT functions as a glutamate/proton exchanger associated with a channel-like chloride ..
- Wallén Mackenzie A, Gezelius H, Thoby Brisson M, Nygård A, Enjin A, Fujiyama F, et al. Vesicular glutamate transporter 2 is required for central respiratory rhythm generation but not for locomotor central pattern generation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12294-307 pubmed..Hence, the present study identifies VGLUT2-mediated signaling as an obligatory component of the developing respiratory rhythm generator. ..
- Tordera R, Totterdell S, Wojcik S, Brose N, Elizalde N, Lasheras B, et al. Enhanced anxiety, depressive-like behaviour and impaired recognition memory in mice with reduced expression of the vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1). Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:281-90 pubmedThree isoforms of a vesicular glutamate transporter (VGLUT1-3) have been identified...
- Murao N, Yokoi N, Honda K, Han G, Hayami T, Gheni G, et al. Essential roles of aspartate aminotransferase 1 and vesicular glutamate transporters in ?-cell glutamate signaling for incretin-induced insulin secretion. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0187213 pubmed publisher..generates cytosolic glutamate, and the vesicular glutamate transporters (VGLUT1, VGLUT2, and VGLUT3, gene symbol Slc17a7, Slc17a6, and Slc17a8, respectively), which participate in glutamate transport into secretory vesicles...
- Gallart Palau X, Tarabal O, Casanovas A, S bado J, Correa F, Hereu M, et al. Neuregulin-1 is concentrated in the postsynaptic subsurface cistern of C-bouton inputs to ?-motoneurons and altered during motoneuron diseases. FASEB J. 2014;28:3618-32 pubmed publisher..In both models, a transient increase in NRG1 in C boutons occurs during disease progression. These data increase our understanding of the role of C boutons in MN physiology and pathology...
- Liguz Lecznar M, Skangiel Kramska J. Vesicular glutamate transporters VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 in the developing mouse barrel cortex. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2007;25:107-14 pubmedThree vesicular glutamate transporters have been identified in mammals. Two of them, VGLUT1 and VGLUT2, define the glutamatergic phenotype and their distribution in the brain is almost complementary...
- Goldman J, Ashour M, Magdesian M, Tritsch N, Harris S, Christofi N, et al. Netrin-1 promotes excitatory synaptogenesis between cortical neurons by initiating synapse assembly. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17278-89 pubmed publisher..These findings identify netrin-1 as a synapse-enriched protein that promotes synaptogenesis between mammalian cortical neurons. ..
- Bormuth I, Yan K, Yonemasu T, Gummert M, Zhang M, Wichert S, et al. Neuronal basic helix-loop-helix proteins Neurod2/6 regulate cortical commissure formation before midline interactions. J Neurosci. 2013;33:641-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a new stage in corpus callosum development and demonstrate that neocortical projection neurons require transcriptional specification by neuronal bHLH proteins to execute an intrinsic program of remote connectivity. ..
- Allegra M, Genovesi S, Maggia M, Cenni M, Zunino G, Sgadò P, et al. Altered GABAergic markers, increased binocularity and reduced plasticity in the visual cortex of Engrailed-2 knockout mice. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:163 pubmed publisher..quot; These data suggest that altered GABAergic circuits impact baseline binocularity and plasticity in En2 (-/-) mice, while leaving other visual functional properties unaffected. ..
- Hasegawa S, Kumagai M, Hagihara M, Nishimaru H, Hirano K, Kaneko R, et al. Distinct and Cooperative Functions for the Protocadherin-?, -? and -? Clusters in Neuronal Survival and Axon Targeting. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016;9:155 pubmed publisher..The Pcdh?, Pcdh?, and Pcdh? clusters share roles in olfactory-axon targeting and neuronal survival, although to different degrees. ..
- Morimoto R, Uehara S, Yatsushiro S, Juge N, Hua Z, Senoh S, et al. Secretion of L-glutamate from osteoclasts through transcytosis. EMBO J. 2006;25:4175-86 pubmed..Upon differentiation, osteoclasts express vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGLUT1), which is essential for vesicular storage and subsequent exocytosis of glutamate in neurons...
- Guimera J, Weisenhorn D, Wurst W. Megane/Heslike is required for normal GABAergic differentiation in the mouse superior colliculus. Development. 2006;133:3847-57 pubmed..Vertebrate h/E(spl)-related genes can no longer be regarded solely as a factors that confer generic neurogenic properties, but as key components for the subtype-neuronal identity in the mammalian CNS. ..
- Zamboni V, Armentano M, Sarò G, Ciraolo E, Ghigo A, Germena G, et al. Disruption of ArhGAP15 results in hyperactive Rac1, affects the architecture and function of hippocampal inhibitory neurons and causes cognitive deficits. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34877 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that a normal architecture and function of hippocampal inhibitory neurons is essential for higher hippocampal functions, and is exquisitely sensitive to ArhGAP15-dependent modulation of Rac1/Rac3. ..
- Davis E, Zou Y, Ghosh A. Wnts acting through canonical and noncanonical signaling pathways exert opposite effects on hippocampal synapse formation. Neural Dev. 2008;3:32 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that the pro- and antisynaptogenic effects of Wnt proteins are associated with the activation of the canonical and noncanonical Wnt signaling pathways. ..
- Yuengert R, Hori K, Kibodeaux E, McClellan J, Morales J, Huang T, et al. Origin of a Non-Clarke's Column Division of the Dorsal Spinocerebellar Tract and the Role of Caudal Proprioceptive Neurons in Motor Function. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1258-1271 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we reveal that proprioceptive nuclei in the spinal cord and medulla develop from more than one progenitor source, suggesting an avenue to uncover distinct proprioceptive functions. ..
- Honma Y, Kawano M, Kohsaka S, Ogawa M. Axonal projections of mechanoreceptive dorsal root ganglion neurons depend on Ret. Development. 2010;137:2319-28 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Ret expression in DRG neurons is crucial for the neurturin-mediated formation of precise axonal projections in the central nervous system. ..
- Fremeau R, Kam K, Qureshi T, Johnson J, Copenhagen D, Storm Mathisen J, et al. Vesicular glutamate transporters 1 and 2 target to functionally distinct synaptic release sites. Science. 2004;304:1815-9 pubmed..Consistent with this distribution, inactivation of the VGLUT1 gene silenced a subset of excitatory neurons in the adult...
- Siksou L, Silm K, Biesemann C, Nehring R, Wojcik S, Triller A, et al. A role for vesicular glutamate transporter 1 in synaptic vesicle clustering and mobility. Eur J Neurosci. 2013;37:1631-42 pubmed publisher..Both VGLUT1 and VGLUT2 disruptions in mice result in a reduced number of SVs away from release sites, flattening of SVs, and ..
- Inta D, Vogt M, Perreau Lenz S, Schneider M, Pfeiffer N, Wojcik S, et al. Sensorimotor gating, working and social memory deficits in mice with reduced expression of the vesicular glutamate transporter VGLUT1. Behav Brain Res. 2012;228:328-32 pubmed publisher..The release of glutamate in the brain is modulated by a class of vesicular glutamate transporters, VGLUT1-3. Among them, VGLUT1 represents the isoform predominantly expressed in the neocortex and hippocampus...
- Farley S, Dumas S, El Mestikawy S, Giros B. Increased expression of the Vesicular Glutamate Transporter-1 (VGLUT1) in the prefrontal cortex correlates with differential vulnerability to chronic stress in various mouse strains: effects of fluoxetine and MK-801. Neuropharmacology. 2012;62:503-17 pubmed publisher..After chronic stress, only the BALB/c displayed an increased frontocortical VGLUT1 expression which is suggestive of a dysregulation of their prefrontal glutamatergic system, and no BDNF mRNA ..
- Nakamura K, Hioki H, Fujiyama F, Kaneko T. Postnatal changes of vesicular glutamate transporter (VGluT)1 and VGluT2 immunoreactivities and their colocalization in the mouse forebrain. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:263-88 pubmedb>Vesicular glutamate transporter 1 (VGluT1) and VGluT2 accumulate neurotransmitter glutamate into synaptic vesicles at presynaptic terminals, and their antibodies are thus considered to be a good marker for glutamatergic axon terminals...