Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Slc13a1
Description: solute carrier family 13 (sodium/sulfate symporters), member 1
Alias: AI314066, AI987826, NaSi-1, Nas1, solute carrier family 13 member 1, Na(+)/sulfate cotransporter, renal sodium/sulfate cotransporter, solute carrier family 13 (sodium/sulphate symporters), member 1
- Dawson P, Steane S, Markovich D. Behavioural abnormalities of the hyposulphataemic Nas1 knock-out mouse. Behav Brain Res. 2004;154:457-63 pubmedWe recently generated a sodium sulphate cotransporter knock-out mouse (Nas1-/-) which has increased urinary sulphate excretion and hyposulphataemia...
- Lee S, Kesby J, Muslim M, Steane S, Eyles D, Dawson P, et al. Hyperserotonaemia and reduced brain serotonin levels in NaS1 sulphate transporter null mice. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1981-5 pubmedSulphate (SO4) is conjugated to numerous endogenous compounds, including serotonin (5-HT). The NaS1 sulphate transporter is primarily expressed in the kidney, where it maintains blood SO4 concentrations...
- Dawson P, Choyce A, Chuang C, Whitelock J, Markovich D, Leggatt G. Enhanced tumor growth in the NaS1 sulfate transporter null mouse. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:369-73 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated tumor growth in a mouse model of hyposulfatemia (Nas1(-/-)) and compared it to wild-type (Nas1(+/+)) mice...
- Markovich D, Ku M, Muslim D. Increased lifespan in hyposulfatemic NaS1 null mice. Exp Gerontol. 2011;46:833-5 pubmed publisherSulfate (SO(4)(2-)) plays an important role in mammalian growth and development. In this study, hyposulfatemic NaS1 null (Nas1-/-) mice were used to investigate the consequences of perturbed SO(4)(2-) homeostasis on longevity...
- Dawson P, Rakoczy J, Simmons D. Placental, renal, and ileal sulfate transporter gene expression in mouse gestation. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:43 pubmed publisher..In the kidney, Slc13a1 and Slc26a1 were the most abundant sulfate transporter mRNAs, which increased by ?2-fold at E4.5 or E6...