Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Skap2
Description: src family associated phosphoprotein 2
Alias: 2610021A10Rik, AA960083, BB137539, RA70, SKAP-HOM, Saps, Scap2, mSKAP55R, src kinase-associated phosphoprotein 2, SKAP55 homolog, SKAP55 homologue, Src-associated adaptor protein, pyk2/RAFTK-associated protein, src kinase-associated phosphoprotein 55-related protein, src-associated adapter protein with PH and SH3 domains
- Mitchell J, Burbach B, Srivastava R, Fife B, Shimizu Y. Multistage T cell-dendritic cell interactions control optimal CD4 T cell activation through the ADAP-SKAP55-signaling module. J Immunol. 2013;191:2372-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, integrin activation by the ADAP-SKAP55-signaling module controls the stability and duration of T cell-dendritic cell contacts during the progressive phases necessary for optimal T cell activation. ..
- Ayoub E, Hall A, Scott A, Chagnon M, Miquel G, Halle M, et al. Regulation of the Src kinase-associated phosphoprotein 55 homologue by the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTP-PEST in the control of cell motility. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25739-48 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel role of SKAP-Hom and its phosphorylation in the regulation of cellular motility. Moreover, these results open new avenues by which PTP-PEST regulates cellular migration, a hallmark of metastasis. ..
- Kasirer Friede A, Ruggeri Z, Shattil S. Role for ADAP in shear flow-induced platelet mechanotransduction. Blood. 2010;115:2274-82 pubmed publisher..These results establish that ADAP is an essential component of alphaIIbbeta3-mediated platelet mechanotransduction that promotes F-actin assembly and enables platelet spreading and thrombus stabilization under fluid shear stress. ..
- Zhou L, Zhang Z, Zheng Y, Zhu Y, Wei Z, Xu H, et al. SKAP2, a novel target of HSF4b, associates with NCK2/F-actin at membrane ruffles and regulates actin reorganization in lens cell. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:783-95 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanism remains obscure. Here, we identified Src kinase-associated phosphoprotein 2 (SKAP2) as a downstream target of HSF4b and it was highly expressed at the anterior tip of lens elongating fibre cells in ..
- Timms J, Swanson K, Marie Cardine A, Raab M, Rudd C, Schraven B, et al. SHPS-1 is a scaffold for assembling distinct adhesion-regulated multi-protein complexes in macrophages. Curr Biol. 1999;9:927-30 pubmed..Other inhibitory immunoreceptors might have similar scaffold-like functions. ..
- Tanaka M, Shimamura S, Kuriyama S, Maeda D, Goto A, Aiba N. SKAP2 Promotes Podosome Formation to Facilitate Tumor-Associated Macrophage Infiltration and Metastatic Progression. Cancer Res. 2016;76:358-69 pubmed publisher..Src kinase-associated phosphoprotein 2 (SKAP2), a substrate of Src family kinases, is highly expressed in macrophages from various tumors, but its contribution ..
- Tanabe Y, Shiota A, Kouroku Murakami Y, Fujita Jimbo E, Urase K, Takahashi K, et al. Spatial and temporal expression of RA70/Scap2 in the developing neural tube. Neurosci Lett. 2014;576:1-5 pubmed publisherSrc kinase-associated phosphoprotein 2 (Ra70/scap2), which was originally isolated as a retinoic acid (RA)-induced gene, associates with molecules that modulate integrin-survival signals...
- Togni M, Swanson K, Reimann S, Kliche S, Pearce A, Simeoni L, et al. Regulation of in vitro and in vivo immune functions by the cytosolic adaptor protein SKAP-HOM. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8052-63 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that SKAP-HOM is required for proper activation of the immune system, likely by regulating the cross-talk between immunoreceptors and integrins. ..
- Kliche S, Worbs T, Wang X, Degen J, Patzak I, Meineke B, et al. CCR7-mediated LFA-1 functions in T cells are regulated by 2 independent ADAP/SKAP55 modules. Blood. 2012;119:777-85 pubmed publisher..Hence, 2 independent ADAP/SKAP55 modules are essential components of the signaling machinery that regulates affinity and avidity of LFA-1 in response to CCR7. ..
- Menasche G, Kliche S, Chen E, Stradal T, Schraven B, Koretzky G. RIAM links the ADAP/SKAP-55 signaling module to Rap1, facilitating T-cell-receptor-mediated integrin activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4070-81 pubmed..These results describe for the first time a link between ADAP/SKAP-55 and the Rap1/RIAM complex and provide a potential new mechanism for TCR-mediated integrin activation. ..
- Lickert H, Cox B, Wehrle C, Taketo M, Kemler R, Rossant J. Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryos. Development. 2005;132:2599-609 pubmed..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets. ..
- Black D, Marie Cardine A, Schraven B, Bliska J. The Yersinia tyrosine phosphatase YopH targets a novel adhesion-regulated signalling complex in macrophages. Cell Microbiol. 2000;2:401-14 pubmed..We suggest that dephosphorylation of SKAP-HOM and Fyb by YopH allows yersiniae to interfere with a novel adhesion-regulated signal transduction pathway in macrophages. ..
- Bourette R, Thérier J, Mouchiroud G. Macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor induces tyrosine phosphorylation of SKAP55R adaptor and its association with actin. Cell Signal. 2005;17:941-9 pubmed..Moreover, specific association between SKAP55R and actin support the idea that SKAP55R is implicated in the regulation of actin dynamics under the control of M-CSF. ..
- Takahashi T, Yamashita H, Nagano Y, Nakamura T, Ohmori H, Avraham H, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Pyk2/related adhesion focal tyrosine kinase-associated protein that inhibits alpha-synuclein phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:42225-33 pubmed..In conclusion, PRAP functions as a downstream target for Pyk2/RAFTK and plays a role in alpha-synuclein phosphorylation. ..