Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sin3b
Description: transcriptional regulator, SIN3B (yeast)
Alias: 2810430C10Rik, paired amphipathic helix protein Sin3b, SIN3 homolog B, transcription regulator, histone deacetylase complex subunit Sin3b, transcriptional corepressor Sin3b, transcriptional regulator, SIN3 yeast homolog B
- Spronk C, Tessari M, Kaan A, Jansen J, Vermeulen M, Stunnenberg H, et al. The Mad1-Sin3B interaction involves a novel helical fold. Nat Struct Biol. 2000;7:1100-4 pubmedSin3A or Sin3B are components of a corepressor complex that mediates repression by transcription factors such as the helix-loop-helix proteins Mad and Mxi...
- Rielland M, Cantor D, Graveline R, Hajdu C, Mara L, Diaz B, et al. Senescence-associated SIN3B promotes inflammation and pancreatic cancer progression. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:2125-35 pubmed..We previously demonstrated that the histone deacetylase-associated protein SIN3B is essential for oncogene-induced senescence in cultured cells...
- van Oevelen C, Bowman C, Pellegrino J, Asp P, Cheng J, Parisi F, et al. The mammalian Sin3 proteins are required for muscle development and sarcomere specification. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:5686-97 pubmed publisherThe highly related mammalian Sin3A and Sin3B proteins provide a versatile platform for chromatin-modifying activities. Sin3-containing complexes play a role in gene repression through deacetylation of nucleosomes...
- Petrie K, Guidez F, Howell L, Healy L, Waxman S, Greaves M, et al. The histone deacetylase 9 gene encodes multiple protein isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:16059-72 pubmed..These results suggest that HDAC9 plays a role in hematopoiesis; its deregulated expression may be associated with some human cancers. ..
- Yao C, Carraro G, Konda B, Guan X, Mizuno T, Chiba N, et al. Sin3a regulates epithelial progenitor cell fate during lung development. Development. 2017;144:2618-2628 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal that Sin3a is an essential regulator for early lung endoderm specification and differentiation. ..
- Cantor D, David G. The chromatin-associated Sin3B protein is required for hematopoietic stem cell functions in mice. Blood. 2017;129:60-70 pubmed publisher..Here we report that hematopoietic-specific genetic inactivation of Sin3B, an essential component of the mammalian Sin3-histone deacetylase corepressor complex, severely impairs the ..
- Faherty N, Benson M, Sharma E, Lee A, Howarth A, Lockstone H, et al. Negative autoregulation of BMP dependent transcription by SIN3B splicing reveals a role for RBM39. Sci Rep. 2016;6:28210 pubmed publisher..Transcriptome-wide RNA sequencing identified a change in Sin3b exon usage after RBM39 knockdown. SIN3B targets histone deacetylases to chromatin to repress transcription...
- Bainor A, Deng F, Wang Y, Lee P, Cantor D, Logan S, et al. Chromatin-Associated Protein SIN3B Prevents Prostate Cancer Progression by Inducing Senescence. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5339-5348 pubmed publisher..b>SIN3B has been implicated in the initiation of senescence in vitro Here we show that in a mouse model of prostate ..
- Chen H, Chen J, Yu S, Li H, Yang P, Su C, et al. Transcriptome analysis in blastocyst hatching by cDNA microarray. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:2492-501 pubmed..This work provides important information for studying the mechanisms of blastocyst hatching and implantation. These hatching-specific genes may have potential as new drug targets for controlling fertility. ..
- Buttitta L, Tanaka T, Chen A, Ko M, Fan C. Microarray analysis of somitogenesis reveals novel targets of different WNT signaling pathways in the somitic mesoderm. Dev Biol. 2003;258:91-104 pubmed
- Yang L, Mei Q, Zielinska Kwiatkowska A, Matsui Y, Blackburn M, Benedetti D, et al. An ERG (ets-related gene)-associated histone methyltransferase interacts with histone deacetylases 1/2 and transcription co-repressors mSin3A/B. Biochem J. 2003;369:651-7 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that ESET histone methyltransferase can form a large, multi-protein complex(es) with mSin3A/B co-repressors and HDAC1/2 that participates in multiple pathways of transcriptional repression. ..
- Vietor I, Vadivelu S, Wick N, Hoffman R, Cotten M, Seiser C, et al. TIS7 interacts with the mammalian SIN3 histone deacetylase complex in epithelial cells. EMBO J. 2002;21:4621-31 pubmed..Thus, we propose TIS7 as a transcriptional co-repressor affecting the expression of specific genes in a HDAC activity-dependent manner during cell fate decisions, e.g. scattering. ..
- Vega A, Avila G, Matthews G. Interaction between the transcriptional corepressor Sin3B and voltage-gated sodium channels modulates functional channel expression. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2809 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identified the transcriptional regulator, Sin3B, as a novel binding partner of Na(v) channels in a yeast two-hybrid screen and confirmed the interaction using ..
- Xie A, Folk W. Inhibition of polyomavirus ori-dependent DNA replication by mSin3B. J Virol. 2002;76:11809-18 pubmed..Py large T antigen interacts with mSin3B, suggesting an HDAC-independent mechanism by which mSin3B inhibits DNA replication. ..
- Kullander K, Butt S, Lebret J, Lundfald L, Restrepo C, Rydström A, et al. Role of EphA4 and EphrinB3 in local neuronal circuits that control walking. Science. 2003;299:1889-92 pubmed..Our study shows that dramatic locomotor changes can occur as a consequence of local genetic rewiring and identifies genes required for the development of normal locomotor behavior. ..
- Nomura M, Uda Tochio H, Murai K, Mori N, Nishimura Y. The neural repressor NRSF/REST binds the PAH1 domain of the Sin3 corepressor by using its distinct short hydrophobic helix. J Mol Biol. 2005;354:903-15 pubmed..Each of the four PAH domains of Sin3 seems to interact with a characteristic helix of a specific repressor; PAH1 needs a mostly hydrophobic helix and PAH2 needs an amphipathic helix in each target repressor. ..
- Hurlin P, Queva C, Koskinen P, Steingrimsson E, Ayer D, Copeland N, et al. Mad3 and Mad4: novel Max-interacting transcriptional repressors that suppress c-myc dependent transformation and are expressed during neural and epidermal differentiation. EMBO J. 1996;15:2030 pubmed
- Kong Q, Zeng W, Wu J, Hu W, Li C, Mao B. RNF220, an E3 ubiquitin ligase that targets Sin3B for ubiquitination. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;393:708-13 pubmed publisher..Here we identify RNF220 (RING finger protein 220) as a novel ubiquitin ligase for Sin3B. As a conserved RING protein, RNF220 can bind E2 and mediate auto-ubiquitination of itself...
- Dimauro T, Cantor D, Bainor A, David G. Transcriptional repression of Sin3B by Bmi-1 prevents cellular senescence and is relieved by oncogene activation. Oncogene. 2015;34:4011-4017 pubmed publisher..The expression of the chromatin-associated Sin3B protein is stimulated by oncogenic stress, and is required for oncogene-induced senescence...
- Park G, Horie T, Kanayama T, Fukasawa K, Iezaki T, Onishi Y, et al. The transcriptional modulator Ifrd1 controls PGC-1? expression under short-term adrenergic stimulation in brown adipocytes. FEBS J. 2017;284:784-795 pubmed publisher..These findings, therefore, suggest that Ifrd1 could be a pivotal negative regulator of sympathetic regulation of thermogenic and mitochondrial gene expression in brown adipocytes by interacting with Sp1 and the mSIN3 complex. ..
- Dugast Darzacq C, Pirity M, Blanck J, Scherl A, Schreiber Agus N. Mxi1-SRalpha: a novel Mxi1 isoform with enhanced transcriptional repression potential. Oncogene. 2004;23:8887-99 pubmed..In addition, our findings warrant re-evaluation of mxi1 expression patterns on the cellular level and its status in human cancer samples, with a renewed focus on the distinct isoforms. ..
- Shi X, Seldin D, Garry D. Foxk1 recruits the Sds3 complex and represses gene expression in myogenic progenitors. Biochem J. 2012;446:349-57 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies define a CK2-Sds3-Foxk1 cascade that modulates gene expression and regulates skeletal muscle regeneration. ..
- Doetzlhofer A, Rotheneder H, Lagger G, Koranda M, Kurtev V, Brosch G, et al. Histone deacetylase 1 can repress transcription by binding to Sp1. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:5504-11 pubmed..Our results indicate that one component of Sp1-dependent gene regulation involves competition between the transcriptional repressor HDAC1 and the transactivating factor E2F1. ..
- Ayer D, Lawrence Q, Eisenman R. Mad-Max transcriptional repression is mediated by ternary complex formation with mammalian homologs of yeast repressor Sin3. Cell. 1995;80:767-76 pubmed..We suggest that Mad-Max represses transcription by tethering mSin3 to DNA as corepressors and that a transcriptional repression mechanism is conserved from yeast to mammals. ..
- Alland L, Muhle R, Hou H, Potes J, Chin L, Schreiber Agus N, et al. Role for N-CoR and histone deacetylase in Sin3-mediated transcriptional repression. Nature. 1997;387:49-55 pubmed..Mxi1-mediated inhibition of Myc activities requires interaction with mammalian Sin3A or Sin3B proteins, which have been purported to act as scaffolds for additional co-repressor factors...
- Grandinetti K, Jelinic P, Dimauro T, Pellegrino J, Fernández Rodríguez R, Finnerty P, et al. Sin3B expression is required for cellular senescence and is up-regulated upon oncogenic stress. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6430-7 pubmed publisher..We show that fibroblasts genetically inactivated for the chromatin-associated Sin3B protein are refractory to replicative and oncogene-induced senescence...
- Taplick J, Kurtev V, Kroboth K, Posch M, Lechner T, Seiser C. Homo-oligomerisation and nuclear localisation of mouse histone deacetylase 1. J Mol Biol. 2001;308:27-38 pubmed..Our results define two domains, which are essential for the oligomerisation and nuclear localisation of mouse HDAC1. ..
- Popov N, Wahlström T, Hurlin P, Henriksson M. Mnt transcriptional repressor is functionally regulated during cell cycle progression. Oncogene. 2005;24:8326-37 pubmed..Our data suggest a model in which phosphorylation of Mnt at cell cycle entry results in disruption of Mnt-mSin3-HDAC1 interaction, which allows induction of Myc target genes by release of Mnt-mediated transcriptional repression. ..
- Heinzel T, Lavinsky R, Mullen T, Soderstrom M, Laherty C, Torchia J, et al. A complex containing N-CoR, mSin3 and histone deacetylase mediates transcriptional repression. Nature. 1997;387:43-8 pubmed
- Costa Y, Speed R, Gautier P, Semple C, Maratou K, Turner J, et al. Mouse MAELSTROM: the link between meiotic silencing of unsynapsed chromatin and microRNA pathway?. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2324-34 pubmed..MAEL revealed that it interacts directly with the chromatin remodeler SNF5/INI1 and chromatin-associated protein SIN3B, which we also find localized to the XY body...
- Li Z, David G, Hung K, Depinho R, Fu A, Ip N. Cdk5/p35 phosphorylates mSds3 and regulates mSds3-mediated repression of transcription. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:54438-44 pubmed
- Naruse Y, Aoki T, Kojima T, Mori N. Neural restrictive silencer factor recruits mSin3 and histone deacetylase complex to repress neuron-specific target genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13691-6 pubmed
- Langlet F, Haeusler R, Lindén D, Ericson E, Norris T, Johansson A, et al. Selective Inhibition of FOXO1 Activator/Repressor Balance Modulates Hepatic Glucose Handling. Cell. 2017;171:824-835.e18 pubmed publisher..In addition to identifying a novel mode of insulin action, these data raise the possibility of developing selective modulators of unliganded transcription factors to dial out adverse effects of insulin sensitizers. ..
- García Sanz P, Quintanilla A, Lafita M, Moreno Bueno G, Garc a Gutierrez L, Tabor V, et al. Sin3b interacts with Myc and decreases Myc levels. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:22221-36 pubmed publisher..A yeast two-hybrid screen has revealed that the transcriptional repressor Sin3b interacts with Myc protein...
- Jelinic P, Pellegrino J, David G. A novel mammalian complex containing Sin3B mitigates histone acetylation and RNA polymerase II progression within transcribed loci. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:54-62 pubmed publisher..We report here the identification of a mammalian complex containing the corepressor Sin3B, the histone deacetylase HDAC1, Mrg15, and the PHD finger-containing Pf1 and show that this complex plays ..
- Gómez del Arco P, Koipally J, Georgopoulos K. Ikaros SUMOylation: switching out of repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:2688-97 pubmed..These studies reveal a new dynamic way by which Ikaros-mediated gene repression is controlled by SUMOylation. ..
- Naruse Y, Oh hashi K, Iijima N, Naruse M, Yoshioka H, Tanaka M. Circadian and light-induced transcription of clock gene Per1 depends on histone acetylation and deacetylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6278-87 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that the rhythmic transcription and light induction of clock genes are regulated by histone acetylation and deacetylation. ..
- Alland L, David G, Shen Li H, Potes J, Muhle R, Lee H, et al. Identification of mammalian Sds3 as an integral component of the Sin3/histone deacetylase corepressor complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2743-50 pubmed
- Laherty C, Billin A, Lavinsky R, Yochum G, Bush A, Sun J, et al. SAP30, a component of the mSin3 corepressor complex involved in N-CoR-mediated repression by specific transcription factors. Mol Cell. 1998;2:33-42 pubmed
- Nascimento E, Cox C, MacArthur S, Hussain S, Trotter M, Blanco S, et al. The opposing transcriptional functions of Sin3a and c-Myc are required to maintain tissue homeostasis. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1395-405 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous deletion of c-Myc and Sin3a reverts the skin phenotype to normal. Our results identify how the balance of two transcriptional key regulators can maintain tissue homeostasis through a negative feedback loop. ..
- Mall M, Kareta M, Chanda S, Ahlenius H, Perotti N, Zhou B, et al. Myt1l safeguards neuronal identity by actively repressing many non-neuronal fates. Nature. 2017;544:245-249 pubmed publisher..The repressive function of Myt1l is mediated via recruitment of a complex containing Sin3b by binding to a previously uncharacterized N-terminal domain...
- Grewal P, Holzfeind P, Bittner R, Hewitt J. Mutant glycosyltransferase and altered glycosylation of alpha-dystroglycan in the myodystrophy mouse. Nat Genet. 2001;28:151-4 pubmed..We speculate that abnormal post-translational modification of alpha-dystroglycan may contribute to the myd phenotype. ..