Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Shroom3
Description: shroom family member 3
Alias: AL022960, D5Ertd287e, Shrm, Shrm3, protein Shroom3
- Massarwa R, Niswander L. In toto live imaging of mouse morphogenesis and new insights into neural tube closure. Development. 2013;140:226-36 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the advantages of this imaging system by following the dynamics of neural tube closure during mouse embryogenesis and reveal extensive movements of the cranial neural tissue that are independent of neural fold zipping. ..
- Lang R, Herman K, Reynolds A, Hildebrand J, Plageman T. p120-catenin-dependent junctional recruitment of Shroom3 is required for apical constriction during lens pit morphogenesis. Development. 2014;141:3177-87 pubmed publisher..In addition we found that, among several junctional components, p120-catenin genetically interacts with Shroom3, a protein required for AC during embryonic morphogenesis...
- Etournay R, Zwaenepoel I, Perfettini I, Legrain P, Petit C, El Amraoui A. Shroom2, a myosin-VIIa- and actin-binding protein, directly interacts with ZO-1 at tight junctions. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2838-50 pubmed
- Dickson H, Zurawski J, Zhang H, Turner D, Vojtek A. POSH is an intracellular signal transducer for the axon outgrowth inhibitor Nogo66. J Neurosci. 2010;30:13319-25 pubmed publisher..Blocking the function of POSH, or two POSH-associated proteins, leucine zipper kinase (LZK) and Shroom3, with RNAi in cortical neurons leads to release from myelin and Nogo66 inhibition...
- Seedorf H, Springer I, Grundner Culemann E, Albers H, Reis A, Fuchs H, et al. Amelogenesis imperfecta in a new animal model--a mutation in chromosome 5 (human 4q21). J Dent Res. 2004;83:608-12 pubmed..We were able to demonstrate that a mutation on chromosome 5 corresponding to human chromosome 4q21 can cause amelogenesis imperfecta and changes in dentin composition. ..
- Klezovitch O, Fernandez T, Tapscott S, Vasioukhin V. Loss of cell polarity causes severe brain dysplasia in Lgl1 knockout mice. Genes Dev. 2004;18:559-71 pubmed
- Muccioli M, Qaisi D, Herman K, Plageman T. Lens placode planar cell polarity is dependent on Cdc42-mediated junctional contraction inhibition. Dev Biol. 2016;412:32-43 pubmed publisher..localization of actomyosin and their contraction is dependent on the F-actin and Rho-kinase binding protein, Shroom3. Elongation of circumferential junctions is dependent upon Cdc42, a Rho-GTPase known to regulate polarity via the ..
- Davidson C, Li Q, Churchill G, Osborne L, McDermid H. Modifier locus for exencephaly in Cecr2 mutant mice is syntenic to the 10q25.3 region associated with neural tube defects in humans. Physiol Genomics. 2007;31:244-51 pubmed
- Esterbauer H, Oberkofler H, Krempler F, Patsch W. Human peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma coactivator 1 (PPARGC1) gene: cDNA sequence, genomic organization, chromosomal localization, and tissue expression. Genomics. 1999;62:98-102 pubmed..Hence, PPARGC1 expression might influence insulin sensitivity as well as energy expenditure, thereby contributing to the development and pathophysiology of human obesity. ..
- Chu C, Gerstenzang E, Ossipova O, Sokol S. Lulu regulates Shroom-induced apical constriction during neural tube closure. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81854 pubmed publisher..Depletion of endogenous Lulu disrupted the localization and activity of Shroom3, a PDZ-containing actin-binding protein that has also been implicated in apical constriction...
- Das D, Zalewski J, Mohan S, Plageman T, VanDemark A, Hildebrand J. The interaction between Shroom3 and Rho-kinase is required for neural tube morphogenesis in mice. Biol Open. 2014;3:850-60 pubmed publisherb>Shroom3 is an actin-associated regulator of cell morphology that is required for neural tube closure, formation of the lens placode, and gut morphogenesis in mice and has been linked to chronic kidney disease and directional heart ..
- McGreevy E, Vijayraghavan D, Davidson L, Hildebrand J. Shroom3 functions downstream of planar cell polarity to regulate myosin II distribution and cellular organization during neural tube closure. Biol Open. 2015;4:186-96 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the role of Shroom3 as a direct linker between PCP and actomyosin contractility during mouse neural tube morphogenesis...
- Loebel D, Plageman T, Tang T, Jones V, Muccioli M, Tam P. Thyroid bud morphogenesis requires CDC42- and SHROOM3-dependent apical constriction. Biol Open. 2016;5:130-9 pubmed publisher..b>SHROOM3, a protein that interacts with Rho GTPases and promotes apical constriction, was strongly expressed in the ..