Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sgkl
Description: serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 2
Alias: AI098171, AW146006, Sgkl, serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk2, serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 2
- Expression and role of serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 2 in the regulation of Na+/H+ exchanger 3 in the mammalian kidneyAlan C Pao
Div of Nephrology, Dept of Medicine, Stanford Univ, 780 Welch Rd, Suite 106, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F1496-506. 2010....
- Placental PPARγ regulates spatiotemporally diverse genes and a unique metabolic networkTali Shalom-Barak
Magee Womens Research Institute, Department of OBGYN and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 204 Craft Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Dev Biol 372:143-55. 2012..These findings offer insights not only into the placental functions of PPARγ, but also into unique, previously unsuspected biosynthetic functions of trophoblasts...
- Characterization of the structure and regulation of two novel isoforms of serum- and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinaseT Kobayashi
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Department of Biochemistry, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 344:189-97. 1999..Like PKB and SGK1, SGK2 and SGK3 preferentially phosphorylate Ser and Thr residues that lie in Arg-Xaa-Arg-Xaa-Xaa-Ser/Thr motifs...
- A mutation in the serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase-like kinase (Sgkl) gene is associated with defective hair growth in miceKentaro Masujin
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Tsushima Naka, Okayama, 700 8530, Japan
DNA Res 11:371-9. 2004..Sequence analysis revealed a single C-to-A nucleotide substitution at nucleotide 1382 in the Sgkl gene, causing a nonsense mutation at codon 461...
- Sgk kinases and their role in epithelial transportJohannes Loffing
Department of Medicine Unit of Anatomy, University of Fribourg, CH 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Annu Rev Physiol 68:461-90. 2006..In this review we first discuss the molecular, cellular, and regulatory aspects of Sgk1 and its paralogs. We then discuss its roles in the physiology and pathophysiology of epithelial ion transport...