Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sgk3
Description: serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 3
Alias: 2510015P22Rik, A330005P07Rik, Cisk, serine/threonine-protein kinase Sgk3, cytokine-independent survival kinase
- Alonso L, Okada H, Pasolli H, Wakeham A, You Ten A, Mak T, et al. Sgk3 links growth factor signaling to maintenance of progenitor cells in the hair follicle. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:559-70 pubmed..Hair follicles of mice lacking Sgk3 fail to mature normally. Proliferation is reduced, apoptosis is increased, and follicles prematurely regress...
- Mauro T, McCormick J, Wang J, Boini K, Ray L, Monks B, et al. Akt2 and SGK3 are both determinants of postnatal hair follicle development. FASEB J. 2009;23:3193-202 pubmed publisherb>SGK3, which previously has been shown to play a key role in hair follicle development in mice, is a member of the AGC family of serine-threonine kinases...
- Zemtsova I, Heise N, Fröhlich H, Qadri S, Kucherenko Y, Boini K, et al. Blunted IgE-mediated activation of mast cells in mice lacking the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase SGK3. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C1007-14 pubmed publisher..phosphoinositide-dependent kinase PDK1, PI3 kinase activates the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 3 (SGK3). The present study explored the role of SGK3 in mast cell function...
- Bhandaru M, Kempe D, Rotte A, Capuano P, Pathare G, Sopjani M, et al. Decreased bone density and increased phosphaturia in gene-targeted mice lacking functional serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 3. Kidney Int. 2011;80:61-7 pubmed publisher..pathway, leading to stimulation of several kinases including serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoform SGK3, a transport regulating kinase...
- Borodin P, Gorlov I, Ladygina TYu -. Double insertion of homogeneously staining regions in chromosome 1 of wild Mus musculus musculus: effects on chromosome pairing and recombination. J Hered. 1990;81:91-5 pubmed..The increase in the total chiasma number in the heteromorphic bivalent is due to the addition of double chiasmata located mostly at precentromeric and pretelomeric regions of the chromosome. ..
- Lang U, Wolfer D, Grahammer F, Strutz Seebohm N, Seebohm G, Lipp H, et al. Reduced locomotion in the serum and glucocorticoid inducible kinase 3 knock out mouse. Behav Brain Res. 2006;167:75-86 pubmedThe serum and glucocorticoid inducible kinase isoform SGK3 is expressed in the brain including hippocampal neurons. It is activated by phosphoinositide-3 (PI3) kinase and thus a putative target of neurotrophic factors...
- Everett C, Glenister P, Taylor D, Lyon M, Kratochvilova Loester J, Favor J. Mapping of six dominant cataract genes in the mouse. Genomics. 1994;20:429-34 pubmed..A third mutant, provisionally designated Npp, mapped to Chromosome 5, 1.3 +/- 0.9 cM from the locus of W, and thus probably has a homologue on human Chromosome 4. ..
- Novak E, Hui S, Swank R. Platelet storage pool deficiency in mouse pigment mutations associated with seven distinct genetic loci. Blood. 1984;63:536-44 pubmed..Also, the results emphasize the genetic, morphological, and functional interrelatedness of three organelles: melanosomes, lysosomes, and platelet dense granules. ..
- Loffing J, Flores S, Staub O. Sgk kinases and their role in epithelial transport. Annu Rev Physiol. 2006;68:461-90 pubmed..In this review we first discuss the molecular, cellular, and regulatory aspects of Sgk1 and its paralogs. We then discuss its roles in the physiology and pathophysiology of epithelial ion transport. ..
- Grahammer F, Artunc F, Sandulache D, Rexhepaj R, Friedrich B, Risler T, et al. Renal function of gene-targeted mice lacking both SGK1 and SGK3. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R945-50 pubmedSerum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) 1 and SGK3 share the ability to upregulate several ion channels, including the epithelial Na(+) channel...
- Ahmed M, Fezai M, Uzcategui N, Hosseinzadeh Z, Lang F. SGK3 Sensitivity of Voltage Gated K+ Channel Kv1.5 (KCNA5). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:359-67 pubmed publisherThe serum & glucocorticoid inducible kinase isoform SGK3 is a powerful regulator of several transporters, ion channels and the Na+/K+ ATPase...
- Inoue K, Sakuma E, Morimoto H, Asai H, Koide Y, Leng T, et al. Serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinases in microglia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:53-59 pubmed publisher..Here we, for the first time, report that SGK1 and SGK3 are expressed in multiple microglial cell lines. An SGK inhibitor, gsk650394, inhibits cell viability...
- Masujin K, Okada T, Tsuji T, Ishii Y, Takano K, Matsuda J, et al. A mutation in the serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase-like kinase (Sgkl) gene is associated with defective hair growth in mice. DNA Res. 2004;11:371-9 pubmed
- Dickie M, WOOLLEY G. Fuzzy mice. J Hered. 1950;41:193-6 pubmed
- Goggolidou P, Hadjirin N, Bak A, Papakrivopoulou E, Hilton H, Norris D, et al. Atmin mediates kidney morphogenesis by modulating Wnt signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:5303-16 pubmed publisher..The identification of a novel modulator of Wnt signaling has important implications for understanding the pathobiology of renal disease. ..
- Hogan M, King L, Sundberg J. Defects of pelage hairs in 20 mouse mutations. J Invest Dermatol. 1995;104:31S-32S pubmed
- Okada T, Ishii Y, Masujin K, Yasoshima A, Matsuda J, Ogura A, et al. The critical roles of serum/glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 3 (SGK3) in the hair follicle morphogenesis and homeostasis: the allelic difference provides novel insights into hair follicle biology. Am J Pathol. 2006;168:1119-33 pubmedMutation in the serum/glucocorticoid regulated kinase 3 (Sgk3, also known as Sgkl or Cisk) gene causes both defective hair follicle development and altered hair cycle in mice...
- Evans E, Beechey C, Burtenshaw M, Searle A. T(In1;5)44H, a complex mouse chromosomal rearrangement with a phenotypic effect. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1993;63:66-72 pubmed..Analysis of chromatid classes at this stage suggests reasons for both the high embryonic mortality and the shortage of liveborn T44H carriers. ..
- Loster J, Pretsch W, Sandulache R, Schmitt John T, Lyon M, Graw J. Close linkage of the dominant cataract mutations (Cat-2) with Idh-1 and cryge on mouse chromosome 1. Genomics. 1994;23:240-2 pubmed
- Yao L, McCormick J, Wang J, Yang K, Kidwai A, Colussi G, et al. Novel role for SGK3 in glucose homeostasis revealed in SGK3/Akt2 double-null mice. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:2106-18 pubmed publisher..The related phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase-dependent kinase, serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 3 (SGK3), is essential for normal postnatal hair follicle development but plays no apparent role in glucose homeostasis...
- Xu J, Liao L, Qin J, Xu J, Liu D, Songyang Z. Identification of Flightless-I as a substrate of the cytokine-independent survival kinase CISK. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14377-85 pubmed publisher..Both Akt and cytokine-independent survival kinase (CISK)/SGK3 are known AGC family protein kinases that function downstream of PI 3-kinase...
- Christner P, Siracusa L, Hawkins D, McGrath R, Betz J, Ball S, et al. A high-resolution linkage map of the tight skin 2 (Tsk2) locus: a mouse model for scleroderma (SSc) and other cutaneous fibrotic diseases. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:610-2 pubmed
- He P, Lee S, Lin S, Seidler U, Lang F, Fejes Toth G, et al. Serum- and glucocorticoid-induced kinase 3 in recycling endosomes mediates acute activation of Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3 by glucocorticoids. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:3812-25 pubmed publisher..We show that transfection of SGK2 or SGK3 in PS120 cells resulted in robust activation of NHE3 by Dex...
- Heller B, Ghidinelli M, Voelkl J, Einheber S, Smith R, Grund E, et al. Functionally distinct PI 3-kinase pathways regulate myelination in the peripheral nervous system. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:1219-36 pubmed publisher..These results identify functionally and spatially distinct PI 3-K pathways: an early, pro-myelinating pathway driven by axonal Neuregulin1 and a later-acting, laminin-integrin-dependent pathway that negatively regulates myelination. ..
- Taylor B, O Brien A. Position on mouse chromosome 1 of a gene that controls resistance to Salmonella typhimurium. Infect Immun. 1982;36:1257-60 pubmed..The results of a five-point backcross clearly showed that the correct gene order on chromosome 1 is fz-Idh-1-Ity-ln-Pep-3. ..
- Mayer T, Mittelberger J, Green M. The site of action of the fuzzy locus (fz) in the mouse, as determined by dermal-epidermal recombinations. J Embryol Exp Morphol. 1974;32:707-13 pubmed
- Lyon M, Quinney R, Glenister P, Kerscher S, Guillot P, Boyd Y. Doublefoot: a new mouse mutant affecting development of limbs and head. Genet Res. 1996;68:221-31 pubmed..The gene maps close to the locus of Pax3, but crossovers between Dbf and Pax3 have been found, ruling out the possibility that a gain-of-function mutation in Pax3 might be involved. ..
- Hume A, Collinson L, Hopkins C, Strom M, Barral D, Bossi G, et al. The leaden gene product is required with Rab27a to recruit myosin Va to melanosomes in melanocytes. Traffic. 2002;3:193-202 pubmed..These results suggest that Rab27a interacts with different classes of effector proteins in melanocytes and cytotoxic T lymphocytes. ..
- Schmid E, Bhandaru M, Nurbaeva M, Yang W, Szteyn K, Russo A, et al. SGK3 regulates Ca(2+) entry and migration of dendritic cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;30:1423-35 pubmed publisher..Downstream targets of PI3K include serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase isoform SGK3. The present study explored, whether SGK3 participates in the regulation of [Ca(2+)](i) and Ca(2+)-dependent ..
- Mann S. THE HAIR OF THE FUZZY MOUSE. J Hered. 1964;55:121-3 pubmed
- Gasser J, Inuzuka H, Lau A, Wei W, Beroukhim R, Toker A. SGK3 mediates INPP4B-dependent PI3K signaling in breast cancer. Mol Cell. 2014;56:595-607 pubmed publisher..We show that serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 3 (SGK3) is amplified in breast cancer and activated downstream of PIK3CA in a manner dependent on the phosphoinositide ..