Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sfrp5
Description: secreted frizzled-related sequence protein 5
Alias: AI605071, SARP3, secreted frizzled-related protein 5, sFRP-5
- Li X, Udager A, Hu C, Qiao X, Richards N, Gumucio D. Dynamic patterning at the pylorus: formation of an epithelial intestine-stomach boundary in late fetal life. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3205-17 pubmed publisher..Finally, we define a unique expression domain at the pylorus itself and detect novel pylorus-specific patterns for the transcription factor Gata3 and the secreted protein nephrocan...
- Bonney S, Harrison Uy S, Mishra S, MacPherson A, Choe Y, Li D, et al. Diverse Functions of Retinoic Acid in Brain Vascular Development. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7786-801 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RA may act as a "brake" on endothelial WNT signaling and Sox17 to ensure normal brain vascular development. ..
- Van Handel B, Montel Hagen A, Sasidharan R, Nakano H, Ferrari R, Boogerd C, et al. Scl represses cardiomyogenesis in prospective hemogenic endothelium and endocardium. Cell. 2012;150:590-605 pubmed publisher..These results reveal unexpected plasticity in embryonic endothelium such that loss of a single master regulator can induce ectopic cardiomyogenesis from endothelial cells. ..
- Zeng J, Hu J, Lian Y, Jiang Y, Chen B. SFRP5 is a target gene transcriptionally regulated by PPAR? in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Gene. 2018;641:190-195 pubmed publisherSecreted frizzled-related protein 5 (SFRP5) is a newly identified adipokine...
- Jura M, JarosÅ‚awska J, Chu D, Kozak L. Mest and Sfrp5 are biomarkers for healthy adipose tissue. Biochimie. 2016;124:124-133 pubmed publisher..We have utilized Mest and Sfrp5 genes, two genes highly correlated with adipose tissue expansion in diet-induced obesity, to characterize the ..
- Chang C, Serra R. Ift88 regulates Hedgehog signaling, Sfrp5 expression, and ?-catenin activity in post-natal growth plate. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:350-6 pubmed publisher..Expression of the Wnt antagonist, Sfrp5, was also down-regulated...
- Juuri E, Saito K, Ahtiainen L, Seidel K, Tummers M, Hochedlinger K, et al. Sox2+ stem cells contribute to all epithelial lineages of the tooth via Sfrp5+ progenitors. Dev Cell. 2012;23:317-28 pubmed publisher..The early progeny of Sox2-positive stem cells transiently expressed the Wnt inhibitor Sfrp5. Sox2 expression was regulated by the tooth initiation marker FGF8 and specific miRNAs, suggesting a fine-tuning ..
- Lewis S, Khoo P, De Young R, Steiner K, Wilcock C, Mukhopadhyay M, et al. Dkk1 and Wnt3 interact to control head morphogenesis in the mouse. Development. 2008;135:1791-801 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight that head development is sensitive to the level of WNT3 signalling and that DKK1 is the key antagonist that modulates WNT3 activity during anterior morphogenesis...
- Noda T, Oki S, Kitajima K, Harada T, Komune S, Meno C. Restriction of Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst determines semicircular canal formation in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2012;362:83-93 pubmed publisher..Our stage-specific functional analysis suggests that strict regulation of canonical Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst orchestrates the process of semicircular canal formation...
- Nakamura K, Sano S, Fuster J, Kikuchi R, Shimizu I, Ohshima K, et al. Secreted Frizzled-related Protein 5 Diminishes Cardiac Inflammation and Protects the Heart from Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2566-75 pubmed publisher..Secreted frizzled-related protein 5 (Sfrp5) has been shown to function as an extracellular inhibitor of non-canonical Wnt signaling that is expressed at ..
- Huyghe A, Van den Ackerveken P, Sacheli R, PrÃ©vot P, Thelen N, Renauld J, et al. MicroRNA-124 Regulates Cell Specification in the Cochlea through Modulation of Sfrp4/5. Cell Rep. 2015;13:31-42 pubmed publisher..By targeting secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (Sfrp4) and Sfrp5, two inhibitors of the Wnt pathway, we showed that miR-124 controls the Î²-catenin-dependent and also the PCP-..
- Ouchi N, Higuchi A, Ohashi K, Oshima Y, Gokce N, Shibata R, et al. Sfrp5 is an anti-inflammatory adipokine that modulates metabolic dysfunction in obesity. Science. 2010;329:454-7 pubmed publisher..Here we show that secreted frizzled-related protein 5 (Sfrp5), a protein previously linked to the Wnt signaling pathway, is an anti-inflammatory adipokine whose expression is ..
- Bluske K, Kawakami Y, Koyano Nakagawa N, Nakagawa Y. Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamus. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3297-309 pubmed publisher..Analysis of mice with enhanced or reduced Shh signal showed that Axin2 expression is similar to controls. These results suggest that differential Wnt signaling may play a role in patterning the thalamus independent of Shh signaling. ..
- Camus A, Perea Gomez A, Moreau A, Collignon J. Absence of Nodal signaling promotes precocious neural differentiation in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2006;295:743-55 pubmed
- Rulifson I, Majeti J, Xiong Y, Hamburger A, Lee K, Miao L, et al. Inhibition of secreted frizzled-related protein 5 improves glucose metabolism. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;307:E1144-52 pubmed publisherElucidating the role of secreted frizzled-related protein 5 (SFRP5) in metabolism and obesity has been complicated by contradictory findings when knockout mice were used to determine metabolic phenotypes...
- Mishra S, Choe Y, Pleasure S, Siegenthaler J. Cerebrovascular defects in Foxc1 mutants correlate with aberrant WNT and VEGF-A pathways downstream of retinoic acid from the meninges. Dev Biol. 2016;420:148-165 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer the first evidence for a role of the meninges in brain vascular development and provide new insight into potential causes of cerebrovascular defects in patients with FOXC1 mutations. ..
- Matsuyama M, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp controls apicobasal polarity and oriented cell division in developing gut epithelium. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000427 pubmed publisher..and Sfrp2 leads to reduction in fore-stomach length in mouse embryos, which is enhanced in the presence of the Sfrp5 mutation...
- Quwailid M, Hugill A, Dear N, Vizor L, Wells S, Horner E, et al. A gene-driven ENU-based approach to generating an allelic series in any gene. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:585-91 pubmed..It is now available to academic collaborators as a community resource. ..
- Yokota T, Oritani K, Sudo T, Ishibashi T, Doi Y, Habuchi Y, et al. Estrogen-inducible sFRP5 inhibits early B-lymphopoiesis in vivo, but not during pregnancy. Eur J Immunol. 2015;45:1390-401 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that estrogen-induced soluble Frizzled-related proteins (sFRPs), and particularly sFRP5, suppress B-lymphopoiesis in vivo in transgenic mice...
- Nigmatullina L, Norkin M, Dzama M, Messner B, Sayols S, Soshnikova N. Id2 controls specification of Lgr5+ intestinal stem cell progenitors during gut development. EMBO J. 2017;36:869-885 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, adult ISCs from Id2-deficient mice display a distinct transcriptional signature, supporting an essential role for Id2 in the correct specification of ISCs. ..
- Anunciado Koza R, Higgins D, Koza R. Adipose tissue Mest and Sfrp5 are concomitant with variations of adiposity among inbred mouse strains fed a non-obesogenic diet. Biochimie. 2016;124:134-140 pubmed publisher..of a subset of genes including mesoderm specific transcript (Mest), secreted frizzled-related protein 5 (Sfrp5) and bone morphogenetic protein 3 (Bmp3) in adipose tissue biopsies of C57BL/6J mice before exposure to an ..
- Lv C, Jiang Y, Wang H, Chen B. Sfrp5 expression and secretion in adipocytes are up-regulated during differentiation and are negatively correlated with insulin resistance. Cell Biol Int. 2012;36:851-5 pubmed publisherWe have examined the patterns of Sfrp5 (secreted frizzled-related protein 5) mRNA expression and protein secretion during adipocyte differentiation, and investigated the potential role of Sfrp5 in IR (insulin resistance) in adipocytes...
- Fujii M, Sakaguchi A, Kamata R, Nagao M, Kikuchi Y, Evans S, et al. Sfrp5 identifies murine cardiac progenitors for all myocardial structures except for the right ventricle. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14664 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the expression of Secreted frizzled-related protein Sfrp5 in the mouse identifies common progenitors for the outflow tract (OFT), LV, atrium and SV but not the right ..