Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sfrp2
Description: secreted frizzled-related protein 2
Alias: AI851596, Sdf5, secreted frizzled-related protein 2, SARP-1, sFRP-2, secreted apoptosis-related protein 1, secreted frizzled-related sequence protein 2, secreted frizzled-related sequence protein 5, stromal cell derived factor 5
- Kim A, Anderson S, Rubenstein J, Lowenstein D, Pleasure S. Pax-6 regulates expression of SFRP-2 and Wnt-7b in the developing CNS. J Neurosci. 2001;21:RC132 pubmed..Our results suggest that by virtue of its apposition to Wnt-7b expression, SFRP-2 may modulate its function, particularly at boundaries such as the PSB, and that changes in Wnt signaling contribute to the phenotype of Pax-6 mutants. ..
- Satoh W, Gotoh T, Tsunematsu Y, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 regulate anteroposterior axis elongation and somite segmentation during mouse embryogenesis. Development. 2006;133:989-99 pubmed..Here, we show that Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 are required for anteroposterior (AP) axis elongation and somitogenesis in the thoracic region during mouse ..
- Satoh W, Matsuyama M, Takemura H, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp1, Sfrp2, and Sfrp5 regulate the Wnt/beta-catenin and the planar cell polarity pathways during early trunk formation in mouse. Genesis. 2008;46:92-103 pubmed publisherSfrp is a secreted Wnt antagonist that directly interacts with Wnt ligand. We show here that inactivation of Sfrp1, Sfrp2, and Sfrp5 leads to fused somites formation in early-somite mouse embryos, simultaneously resulting in defective ..
- Lee C, Buttitta L, May N, Kispert A, Fan C. SHH-N upregulates Sfrp2 to mediate its competitive interaction with WNT1 and WNT4 in the somitic mesoderm. Development. 2000;127:109-18 pubmed..evidence that SHH-N competes with WNT1, not only by upregulating its own receptor Ptc1, but also by upregulating Sfrp2 (Secreted frizzled-related protein 2), which encodes a potential WNT antagonist...
- Roth W, Wild Bode C, Platten M, Grimmel C, Melkonyan H, Dichgans J, et al. Secreted Frizzled-related proteins inhibit motility and promote growth of human malignant glioma cells. Oncogene. 2000;19:4210-20 pubmed..These data support a function for Wnt signaling and its modulation by sFRPs in the biology of human gliomas. Oncogene (2000) 19, 4210 - 4220 ..
- Carney R, Cocas L, Hirata T, Mansfield K, Corbin J. Differential regulation of telencephalic pallial-subpallial boundary patterning by Pax6 and Gsh2. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:745-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, in addition to their well-characterized cross-repressive roles in dorsal/ventral patterning our analyses reveal important novel functions of Gsh2 and Pax6 in the regulation of PSB progenitor pool specification and patterning. ..
- Morello R, Bertin T, Schlaubitz S, Shaw C, Kakuru S, Munivez E, et al. Brachy-syndactyly caused by loss of Sfrp2 function. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:127-37 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that inactivation of Sfrp2 results in subtle limb defects in mice with mesomelic shortening and consistent shortening of all autopodal ..
- Lescher B, Haenig B, Kispert A. sFRP-2 is a target of the Wnt-4 signaling pathway in the developing metanephric kidney. Dev Dyn. 1998;213:440-51 pubmed
- Shirozu M, Tada H, Tashiro K, Nakamura T, Lopez N, Nazarea M, et al. Characterization of novel secreted and membrane proteins isolated by the signal sequence trap method. Genomics. 1996;37:273-80 pubmed..A third clone, termed SDF5, had partial homology with a Drosophila tissue polarity gene frizzled (fz) and its rat homologues, fz-1 and fz-2...
- Lei Q, Jeong Y, Misra K, Li S, Zelman A, Epstein D, et al. Wnt signaling inhibitors regulate the transcriptional response to morphogenetic Shh-Gli signaling in the neural tube. Dev Cell. 2006;11:325-37 pubmed..These results identify a transcriptional mechanism that integrates graded Shh and Wnt signaling to define progenitor gene expression domains and cell fates in the neural tube. ..
- Melkonyan H, Chang W, Shapiro J, Mahadevappa M, Fitzpatrick P, Kiefer M, et al. SARPs: a family of secreted apoptosis-related proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:13636-41 pubmed..Expression of SARPs modifies the intracellular levels of beta-catenin, suggesting that SARPs interfere with the Wnt-frizzled proteins signaling pathway. ..
- Matsushima D, Heavner W, Pevny L. Combinatorial regulation of optic cup progenitor cell fate by SOX2 and PAX6. Development. 2011;138:443-54 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results demonstrate that precise regulation of the ratio of SOX2 to PAX6 is necessary to ensure accurate progenitor cell specification, and place SOX2 as a decisive factor of neural competence in the retina. ..
- Vyas A, Saha B, Lai E, Tole S. Paleocortex is specified in mice in which dorsal telencephalic patterning is severely disrupted. J Comp Neurol. 2003;466:545-53 pubmed..Furthermore, our in vitro data reveal that, if mechanisms outside the lateral telencephalon are involved in the specification of the paleocortex, they must act extremely early, prior to E10.5. ..
- Matsuyama M, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp controls apicobasal polarity and oriented cell division in developing gut epithelium. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000427 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that inactivation of Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 leads to reduction in fore-stomach length in mouse embryos, which is enhanced in the presence of the Sfrp5 ..
- Cianferotti L, Demay M. VDR-mediated inhibition of DKK1 and SFRP2 suppresses adipogenic differentiation of murine bone marrow stromal cells. J Cell Biochem. 2007;101:80-8 pubmed..VDR null cultures was associated with inhibition of the canonical Wnt signaling pathway, mRNA levels for DKK1 and SFRP2 were examined...
- Dreyer S, Naruse T, Morello R, Zabel B, Winterpacht A, Johnson R, et al. Lmx1b expression during joint and tendon formation: localization and evaluation of potential downstream targets. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:397-405 pubmed..restricted to developing joints and associated tissues in normal and Lmx1b knockout (KO) mice including: Gdf-5, sFrp2, sFrp3, Six1 and Six2...
- Glasco D, Pike W, Qu Y, Reustle L, Misra K, Di Bonito M, et al. The atypical cadherin Celsr1 functions non-cell autonomously to block rostral migration of facial branchiomotor neurons in mice. Dev Biol. 2016;417:40-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest strongly that Celsr1 ensures that FBM neurons migrate caudally by suppressing molecular cues in the rostral hindbrain that can attract FBM neurons. ..
- Tavella S, Biticchi R, Morello R, Castagnola P, Musante V, Costa D, et al. Forced chondrocyte expression of sonic hedgehog impairs joint formation affecting proliferation and apoptosis. Matrix Biol. 2006;25:389-97 pubmed..Molecular markers of joints, such as Gdf5 and sFrp2 were absent at presumptive joint sites and Tenascin C, a molecule associated with joint formation and expressed in ..
- Shaham O, Smith A, Robinson M, Taketo M, Lang R, Ashery Padan R. Pax6 is essential for lens fiber cell differentiation. Development. 2009;136:2567-78 pubmed publisher..We show that Pax6 regulates the Wnt antagonist Sfrp2 in the lens, and that Sox2 expression is upregulated in the Pax6-deficient lenses...
- Esteve P, Sandonìs A, Cardozo M, Malapeira J, Ibañez C, Crespo I, et al. SFRPs act as negative modulators of ADAM10 to regulate retinal neurogenesis. Nat Neurosci. 2011;14:562-9 pubmed publisher..We found that genetic inactivation of Sfrp1 and Sfrp2, two postulated Wnt antagonists, perturbs retinal neurogenesis...
- Zhang T, Hoffman B, Ruiz de Algara T, Helgason C. SAGE reveals expression of Wnt signalling pathway members during mouse prostate development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:310-24 pubmed..Of particular interest, an antagonist of the Wnt pathway, secreted frizzled related protein 2 (Sfrp2), was highly expressed in the early prostate libraries and down regulated at later ..
- Ruf F, Schreck C, Wagner A, Grziwok S, Pagel C, Romero S, et al. Loss of Sfrp2 in the Niche Amplifies Stress-Induced Cellular Responses, and Impairs the In Vivo Regeneration of the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Pool. Stem Cells. 2016;34:2381-92 pubmed publisherb>Sfrp2 is overexpressed in stromal cells which maintain hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) during in vitro culture...
- Quwailid M, Hugill A, Dear N, Vizor L, Wells S, Horner E, et al. A gene-driven ENU-based approach to generating an allelic series in any gene. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:585-91 pubmed..It is now available to academic collaborators as a community resource. ..
- Haubst N, Berger J, Radjendirane V, Graw J, Favor J, Saunders G, et al. Molecular dissection of Pax6 function: the specific roles of the paired domain and homeodomain in brain development. Development. 2004;131:6131-40 pubmed..These results therefore demonstrate a key role of the PD in brain development and implicate splicing as a pivotal factor regulating the potent neurogenic role of Pax6. ..
- de Melo J, Zibetti C, Clark B, Hwang W, Miranda Angulo A, Qian J, et al. Lhx2 Is an Essential Factor for Retinal Gliogenesis and Notch Signaling. J Neurosci. 2016;36:2391-405 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Lhx2 not only directly regulates expression of Notch signaling pathway components, but also acts together with the gliogenic Notch pathway to drive MG specification and differentiation. ..
- Paik J, Ding Z, Narurkar R, Ramkissoon S, Muller F, Kamoun W, et al. FoxOs cooperatively regulate diverse pathways governing neural stem cell homeostasis. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;5:540-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the FoxO family coordinately regulates diverse genes and pathways to govern key aspects of NSC homeostasis in the mammalian brain. ..
- Cox S, Smith L, Bogani D, Cheeseman M, Siggers P, Greenfield A. Sexually dimorphic expression of secreted frizzled-related (SFRP) genes in the developing mouse Müllerian duct. Mol Reprod Dev. 2006;73:1008-16 pubmed..patterns and the role of WNT signaling in female reproductive tract development, we examined expression of Sfrp2 and Sfrp5 during development of the Müllerian duct in male (XY) and female (XX) mouse embryos...
- Miquelajauregui A, Van de Putte T, Polyakov A, Nityanandam A, Boppana S, Seuntjens E, et al. Smad-interacting protein-1 (Zfhx1b) acts upstream of Wnt signaling in the mouse hippocampus and controls its formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12919-24 pubmed..Sip1 is therefore essential to the development of the hippocampus and dentate gyrus, and is able to modulate Wnt signaling in these regions. ..
- Aubert J, Dunstan H, Chambers I, Smith A. Functional gene screening in embryonic stem cells implicates Wnt antagonism in neural differentiation. Nat Biotechnol. 2002;20:1240-5 pubmed..Subsequent differentiation revealed that the Wnt antagonist Sfrp2 stimulates production of neural progenitors...
- Marcos S, Nieto Lopez F, SandonÃ¬s A, Cardozo M, Di Marco F, Esteve P, et al. Secreted frizzled related proteins modulate pathfinding and fasciculation of mouse retina ganglion cell axons by direct and indirect mechanisms. J Neurosci. 2015;35:4729-40 pubmed publisher..we show that the combination of these two functions well explain the axon guidance phenotype observed in Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 single and compound mouse mutant embryos, in which RGC axons make subtle but significant mistakes during their ..
- Alfaro M, Pagni M, Vincent A, Atkinson J, Hill M, Cates J, et al. The Wnt modulator sFRP2 enhances mesenchymal stem cell engraftment, granulation tissue formation and myocardial repair. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:18366-71 pubmed publisher..Specific knockdown of sFRP2 by shRNA in MRL-MSCs decreased their proliferation and their engraftment in and the vascular density of MRL-MSC-..
- Von Marschall Z, Fisher L. Secreted Frizzled-related protein-2 (sFRP2) augments canonical Wnt3a-induced signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;400:299-304 pubmed publisher..Using human embryonic kidney cells (HEK293A), we found that sFRP2 enhanced Wnt3a-dependent phosphorylation of LRP6 as well as both cytosolic Î²-catenin levels and its nuclear ..
- Roy K, Mitsugi K, Sirotnak F. Additional organizational features of the murine folylpolyglutamate synthetase gene. Two remotely situated exons encoding an alternate 5' end and proximal open reading frame under the control of a second promoter. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5587-93 pubmed..An unusual splice variant identified infrequently in a mouse liver cDNA library was 2.67 kilobases in size and incorporated exons A1a and A1b and a segment of the downstream promoter region along with exons B1c and B1b and exons 2-15. ..
- Lin H, Angeli M, Chung K, Ejimadu C, Rosa A, Lee T. sFRP2 activates Wnt/?-catenin signaling in cardiac fibroblasts: differential roles in cell growth, energy metabolism, and extracellular matrix remodeling. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016;311:C710-C719 pubmed publisherSecreted Frizzled-related protein 2 (sFRP2) plays a key role in chronic fibrosis after myocardial infarction and in heart failure...
- Remedios R, Huilgol D, Saha B, Hari P, Bhatnagar L, Kowalczyk T, et al. A stream of cells migrating from the caudal telencephalon reveals a link between the amygdala and neocortex. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:1141-50 pubmed..This is first evidence of a dorsal pallial contribution to the amygdala, demonstrating a developmental and mechanistic link between the amygdala and the neocortex. ..
- Chapouton P, Schuurmans C, Guillemot F, Gotz M. The transcription factor neurogenin 2 restricts cell migration from the cortex to the striatum. Development. 2001;128:5149-59 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that distinct cues located in the cortico-striatal boundary restrict cells in the dorsal and ventral telencephalon. ..
- Agalliu D, Takada S, Agalliu I, McMahon A, Jessell T. Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signaling. Neuron. 2009;61:708-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity. ..
- Woo J, Miletich I, Kim B, Sharpe P, Shivdasani R. Barx1-mediated inhibition of Wnt signaling in the mouse thoracic foregut controls tracheo-esophageal septation and epithelial differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22493 pubmed publisher..Thus, as in the developing stomach, but distinct from the spleen, Barx1 control of thoracic foregut specification and tracheo-esophageal septation is tightly associated with down-regulation of adjacent Wnt pathway activity. ..
- Cocas L, Georgala P, Mangin J, Clegg J, Kessaris N, Haydar T, et al. Pax6 is required at the telencephalic pallial-subpallial boundary for the generation of neuronal diversity in the postnatal limbic system. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5313-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, in PSB progenitors, Pax6 plays an important role in the generation of multiple subtypes of neurons that contribute to the amygdala and olfactory bulb. ..
- Woldt E, Terrand J, Mlih M, Matz R, Bruban V, Coudane F, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor PPAR? counteracts vascular calcification by inhibiting Wnt5a signalling in vascular smooth muscle cells. Nat Commun. 2012;3:1077 pubmed publisher..Targeting this signalling pathway may have clinical implications in the context of common complications of atherosclerosis, including coronary artery calcification and valvular sclerosis. ..
- Kim M, Kim J, Lee W, Park S. Sfrp2 is a transcriptional target of SREBP-1 in mouse chondrogenic cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015;406:163-71 pubmed publisherSecreted frizzled-related protein 2 (Sfrp2) is highly expressed in developing limbs and is associated with skeletal malformation such as Brachydactyly and Syndactyly...
- Okubo T, Pevny L, Hogan B. Sox2 is required for development of taste bud sensory cells. Genes Dev. 2006;20:2654-9 pubmed
- Hsu L, Nam S, Cui Y, Chang C, Wang C, Kuo H, et al. Lhx2 regulates the timing of Î²-catenin-dependent cortical neurogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:12199-204 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that Lhx2 is required for Î²-catenin function in maintaining cortical progenitor proliferation and controls the timing of cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Machon O, Kreslova J, Ruzickova J, Vacik T, Klimova L, Fujimura N, et al. Lens morphogenesis is dependent on Pax6-mediated inhibition of the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the lens surface ectoderm. Genesis. 2010;48:86-95 pubmed publisher..We show that Pax6 directly controls expression of several Wnt inhibitors such as Sfrp1, Sfrp2, and Dkk1 in the presumptive lens...
- Mao B, Wu W, Li Y, Hoppe D, Stannek P, Glinka A, et al. LDL-receptor-related protein 6 is a receptor for Dickkopf proteins. Nature. 2001;411:321-5 pubmed..Thus, DKKs inhibit Wnt co-receptor function, exemplifying the modulation of LRP signalling by antagonists. ..
- Huang J, Liu Y, Filas B, Gunhaga L, Beebe D. Negative and positive auto-regulation of BMP expression in early eye development. Dev Biol. 2015;407:256-64 pubmed publisher..Pax2 becomes undetectable and expression of Sfrp2 increases in the ventral optic cup, suggesting that increased BMP signaling alter their expression, resulting in ..
- Self M, Lagutin O, Bowling B, Hendrix J, Cai Y, Dressler G, et al. Six2 is required for suppression of nephrogenesis and progenitor renewal in the developing kidney. EMBO J. 2006;25:5214-28 pubmed..We propose that in the developing kidney, Six2 activity is required for maintaining the mesenchymal progenitor population in an undifferentiated state by opposing the inductive signals emanating from the ureteric bud...
- Zhou C, Borello U, Rubenstein J, Pleasure S. Neuronal production and precursor proliferation defects in the neocortex of mice with loss of function in the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2006;142:1119-31 pubmed..This analysis demonstrates that canonical Wnt signaling is required for a diverse array of developmental processes in the neocortex in addition to the previously known roles in regulating precursor proliferation and patterning. ..
- Liu W, Lagutin O, Mende M, Streit A, Oliver G. Six3 activation of Pax6 expression is essential for mammalian lens induction and specification. EMBO J. 2006;25:5383-95 pubmed..We conclude that Six3 directly activates Pax6 and probably also Sox2 in the PLE and regulates cell autonomously the earliest stages of mammalian lens induction. ..
- Mishra S, Choe Y, Pleasure S, Siegenthaler J. Cerebrovascular defects in Foxc1 mutants correlate with aberrant WNT and VEGF-A pathways downstream of retinoic acid from the meninges. Dev Biol. 2016;420:148-165 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer the first evidence for a role of the meninges in brain vascular development and provide new insight into potential causes of cerebrovascular defects in patients with FOXC1 mutations. ..
- Zhou C, Pinson K, Pleasure S. Severe defects in dorsal thalamic development in low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein-6 mutants. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7632-9 pubmed..This study provides compelling in vivo evidence that thalamic development requires normal activity of the LRP6-mediated canonical Wnt signaling pathway. ..
- Sarkar L, Sharpe P. Expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes during tooth development. Mech Dev. 1999;85:197-200 pubmed..Wnt-5a and MFrzb1 show strong expression in the dental papilla mesenchyme. ..
- Pazin D, Gamer L, Cox K, Rosen V. Molecular profiling of synovial joints: use of microarray analysis to identify factors that direct the development of the knee and elbow. Dev Dyn. 2012;241:1816-26 pubmed publisher..The knee is enriched for the hindlimb patterning genes Hoxc9, Hoxc10, and Tbx4 and for Tgfbi, Rspo2, and Sfrp2, factors involved in transforming growth factor-beta/bone morphogenetic protein (TGF?/BMP) and Wnt signaling...
- Jia S, Kwon H, Lan Y, Zhou J, Liu H, Jiang R. Bmp4-Msx1 signaling and Osr2 control tooth organogenesis through antagonistic regulation of secreted Wnt antagonists. Dev Biol. 2016;420:110-119 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, both Dkk2 and Sfrp2 exhibit Osr2-dependent preferential expression on the lingual side of the tooth bud mesenchyme and expression of ..
- Mukhopadhyay M, Teufel A, Yamashita T, Agulnick A, Chen L, Downs K, et al. Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulation. Development. 2003;130:495-505 pubmed..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1. ..
- Sun Z, Li S, Cao C, Wu J, Ma B, Tran V. shRNA targeting SFRP2 promotes the apoptosis of hypertrophic scar fibroblast. Mol Cell Biochem. 2011;352:25-33 pubmed publisher..In previous study, we found that secreted frizzled-related protein 2 (SFRP2), which was associated with cell proliferation, apoptosis, and differentiation, was dramatically upregulated in ..
- Kieslinger M, Hiechinger S, Dobreva G, Consalez G, Grosschedl R. Early B cell factor 2 regulates hematopoietic stem cell homeostasis in a cell-nonautonomous manner. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7:496-507 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ebf2 acts as a transcriptional determinant of an osteoblastic niche that regulates the maintenance of hematopoietic progenitors, in part by modulating Wnt signaling. ..
- Wawersik S, Purcell P, Rauchman M, Dudley A, Robertson E, Maas R. BMP7 acts in murine lens placode development. Dev Biol. 1999;207:176-88 pubmed..We conclude that Bmp7 is a critical component of the genetic mechanism(s) controlling lens placode formation. ..
- Kobayashi K, Luo M, Zhang Y, Wilkes D, Ge G, Grieskamp T, et al. Secreted Frizzled-related protein 2 is a procollagen C proteinase enhancer with a role in fibrosis associated with myocardial infarction. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:46-55 pubmed publisher..In contrast to this proposal, we show here that the mammalian sFRP, sFRP2, does not affect Chordin processing, but instead, can serve as a direct enhancer of procollagen C proteinase ..
- Leimeister C, Bach A, Woolf A, Gessler M. Screen for genes regulated during early kidney morphogenesis. Dev Genet. 1999;24:273-83 pubmed..Among the known genes the ufo receptor tyrosine kinase, sFRP2, and the groucho related gene (grg) were verified as being upregulated upon induction...
- Kress E, Rezza A, Nadjar J, Samarut J, Plateroti M. The frizzled-related sFRP2 gene is a target of thyroid hormone receptor alpha1 and activates beta-catenin signaling in mouse intestine. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1234-41 pubmed publisher..on the "cell cycle/cell proliferation" network and, in particular, on the Frizzled-related protein sFRP2, whose expression was greatly increased in response to thyroid hormones...
- Chou S, Perez Garcia C, Kroll T, O Leary D. Lhx2 specifies regional fate in Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors generating cerebral cortex. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1381-9 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a genetic mechanism for determining regional-fate in the Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors that generate cerebral cortex. ..
- Bonney S, Harrison Uy S, Mishra S, MacPherson A, Choe Y, Li D, et al. Diverse Functions of Retinoic Acid in Brain Vascular Development. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7786-801 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RA may act as a "brake" on endothelial WNT signaling and Sox17 to ensure normal brain vascular development. ..
- Ladher R, Church V, Allen S, Robson L, Abdelfattah A, Brown N, et al. Cloning and expression of the Wnt antagonists Sfrp-2 and Frzb during chick development. Dev Biol. 2000;218:183-98 pubmed..Finally, we have used the early Xenopus embryo as an in vivo assay to show that Sfrp-2, like Frzb, is a Wnt antagonist. These results suggest that Sfrp-2 and Frzb may function in the developing embryo by modulating Wnt signalling. ..
- Schmeckpeper J, Verma A, Yin L, Beigi F, Zhang L, Payne A, et al. Inhibition of Wnt6 by Sfrp2 regulates adult cardiac progenitor cell differentiation by differential modulation of Wnt pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;85:215-25 pubmed publisher..Here, we explored the effects of Sfrp2, a canonical Wnt inhibitor, in adult cardiac progenitor cell (CPC) differentiation and investigated the molecular ..
- Sugiyama Y, Stump R, Nguyen A, Wen L, Chen Y, Wang Y, et al. Secreted frizzled-related protein disrupts PCP in eye lens fiber cells that have polarised primary cilia. Dev Biol. 2010;338:193-201 pubmed publisher..Suppression of the PCP pathway by overexpressing Sfrp2 shows that whilst local groups of fibers are often similarly oriented, they lack global orientation; consequently ..
- Bluske K, Kawakami Y, Koyano Nakagawa N, Nakagawa Y. Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamus. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3297-309 pubmed publisher..Analysis of mice with enhanced or reduced Shh signal showed that Axin2 expression is similar to controls. These results suggest that differential Wnt signaling may play a role in patterning the thalamus independent of Shh signaling. ..
- Martin S, Lin H, Ejimadu C, Lee T. Tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase as a target of sFRP2 in cardiac fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;309:C139-47 pubmed publisherRecent studies of myocardial infarction in secreted Frizzled-related protein 2 (sFRP2) knockout mice and our hamster heart failure therapy based on sFRP2 blockade have established sFRP2 as a key profibrotic cytokine in the heart...
- Alfaro M, Vincent A, Saraswati S, Thorne C, Hong C, Lee E, et al. sFRP2 suppression of bone morphogenic protein (BMP) and Wnt signaling mediates mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) self-renewal promoting engraftment and myocardial repair. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35645-53 pubmed publisher..Secreted Frizzled-related protein 2 (sFRP2) has recently been highlighted as a key mediator of MSC-driven myocardial and wound repair...
- Descamps S, Arzouk H, Bacou F, Bernardi H, Fedon Y, Gay S, et al. Inhibition of myoblast differentiation by Sfrp1 and Sfrp2. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;332:299-306 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the addition of recombinant Sfrp1 or Sfrp2 to C2C12 cell line cultures or to primary cultures of satellite cells results in the inhibition of myotube ..
- Nery S, Fishell G, Corbin J. The caudal ganglionic eminence is a source of distinct cortical and subcortical cell populations. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:1279-87 pubmed..Moreover, we report that the migratory fate of cells from the CGE is intrinsically determined by embryonic day 13.5 (E13.5). Together, these results provide the first insights into the development and fate of the CGE. ..
- Berthon A, Drelon C, Ragazzon B, Boulkroun S, Tissier F, Amar L, et al. WNT/?-catenin signalling is activated in aldosterone-producing adenomas and controls aldosterone production. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:889-905 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that decreased expression of the WNT inhibitor SFRP2 may be contributing to deregulated WNT signalling and APA development in patients...
- He F, Xiong W, Wang Y, Li L, Liu C, Yamagami T, et al. Epithelial Wnt/?-catenin signaling regulates palatal shelf fusion through regulation of Tgf?3 expression. Dev Biol. 2011;350:511-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate an essential role for Wnt/?-catenin signaling in the epithelial component at the step of palate fusion during palate development by controlling the expression of Tgf?3 in the MEE. ..
- Norden J, Grieskamp T, Lausch E, van Wijk B, van den Hoff M, Englert C, et al. Wt1 and retinoic acid signaling in the subcoelomic mesenchyme control the development of the pleuropericardial membranes and the sinus horns. Circ Res. 2010;106:1212-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide novel insight into the genetic and cellular pathways regulating the posterior extension of the mammalian heart and the formation of its coelomic lining. ..