Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sfrp1
Description: secreted frizzled-related protein 1
Alias: 2210415K03Rik, AW011917, AW107218, AW742929, sFRP-1, secreted frizzled-related protein 1, secreted frizzled-related sequence protein 1
- Satoh W, Gotoh T, Tsunematsu Y, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 regulate anteroposterior axis elongation and somite segmentation during mouse embryogenesis. Development. 2006;133:989-99 pubmed..Here, we show that Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 are required for anteroposterior (AP) axis elongation and somitogenesis in the thoracic region during ..
- Levinson R, Batourina E, Choi C, Vorontchikhina M, Kitajewski J, Mendelsohn C. Foxd1-dependent signals control cellularity in the renal capsule, a structure required for normal renal development. Development. 2005;132:529-39 pubmed
- Britanova O, de Juan Romero C, Cheung A, Kwan K, Schwark M, Gyorgy A, et al. Satb2 is a postmitotic determinant for upper-layer neuron specification in the neocortex. Neuron. 2008;57:378-92 pubmed publisher..Satb2 therefore is required for the initiation of the UL1-specific genetic program and for the inactivation of DL- and UL2-specific genes. ..
- Gauger K, Shimono A, Crisi G, Schneider S. Loss of SFRP1 promotes ductal branching in the murine mammary gland. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:25 pubmed publisher..Secreted frizzled-related proteins (SFRPs) are a family of proteins that block the Wnt signaling pathway and loss of SFRP1 expression is found in breast cancer along with a multitude of other human cancers...
- Satoh W, Matsuyama M, Takemura H, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp1, Sfrp2, and Sfrp5 regulate the Wnt/beta-catenin and the planar cell polarity pathways during early trunk formation in mouse. Genesis. 2008;46:92-103 pubmed publisherSfrp is a secreted Wnt antagonist that directly interacts with Wnt ligand. We show here that inactivation of Sfrp1, Sfrp2, and Sfrp5 leads to fused somites formation in early-somite mouse embryos, simultaneously resulting in defective ..
- Gauger K, Bassa L, Henchey E, Wyman J, Bentley B, Brown M, et al. Mice deficient in Sfrp1 exhibit increased adiposity, dysregulated glucose metabolism, and enhanced macrophage infiltration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78320 pubmed publisher..The expression of a Wnt antagonist, secreted frizzled related protein 1 (SFRP1), is increased in response to initial weight gain, then levels are reduced under conditions ..
- Bodine P, Billiard J, Moran R, Ponce de Leon H, McLarney S, Mangine A, et al. The Wnt antagonist secreted frizzled-related protein-1 controls osteoblast and osteocyte apoptosis. J Cell Biochem. 2005;96:1212-30 pubmed..Likewise, over-expression of sFRP-1 in HOBs accelerated the rate of cell death threefold. These results establish sFRP-1 as an important negative regulator of human osteoblast and osteocyte survival. ..
- Finch P, He X, Kelley M, Uren A, Schaudies R, Popescu N, et al. Purification and molecular cloning of a secreted, Frizzled-related antagonist of Wnt action. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:6770-5 pubmed..These results indicate that FRP may function as an inhibitor of Wnt action during development and in the adult. ..
- Ezan J, Leroux L, Barandon L, Dufourcq P, Jaspard B, Moreau C, et al. FrzA/sFRP-1, a secreted antagonist of the Wnt-Frizzled pathway, controls vascular cell proliferation in vitro and in vivo. Cardiovasc Res. 2004;63:731-8 pubmed..We provided the first evidence that an impairment of the Wnt-Frizzled pathway, via FrzA overexpression, controlled proliferation and neovascularization after muscle ischemia. ..
- Barandon L, Casassus F, Leroux L, Moreau C, Allières C, Lamazière J, et al. Secreted frizzled-related protein-1 improves postinfarction scar formation through a modulation of inflammatory response. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:e80-7 pubmed publisher..These data support the notion that sFRP-1 may be a novel antiinflammatory factor protecting the heart from damage after myocardial infarction. ..
- Barandon L, Couffinhal T, Ezan J, Dufourcq P, Costet P, Alzieu P, et al. Reduction of infarct size and prevention of cardiac rupture in transgenic mice overexpressing FrzA. Circulation. 2003;108:2282-9 pubmed..Overexpression of FrzA, through direct or indirect interaction with different phases of infarct healing, reduced infarct size and improved cardiac function. ..
- Gauger K, Schneider S. Tumour supressor secreted frizzled related protein 1 regulates p53-mediated apoptosis. Cell Biol Int. 2014;38:124-30 pubmed publisher..b>SFRP1 expression is lost in a multitude of cancers, including breast cancer, and SFRP1 down regulation reduces apoptosis ..
- Pritchard C, Mecham B, Dumpit R, Coleman I, Bhattacharjee M, Chen Q, et al. Conserved gene expression programs integrate mammalian prostate development and tumorigenesis. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1739-47 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that components of normal developmental processes are active in prostate neoplasia and provide further rationale for exploiting molecular features of organogenesis to understand cancer phenotypes. ..
- Sugiyama Y, Shelley E, Wen L, Stump R, Shimono A, Lovicu F, et al. Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 are not involved in Wnt/?-catenin signal silencing during lens induction but are required for maintenance of Wnt/?-catenin signaling in lens epithelial cells. Dev Biol. 2013;384:181-93 pubmed publisher..Here we show its closely-related isoform, Sfrp1, has a complimentary pattern of expression in the lens, being absent from the placode and epithelium but expressed ..
- Noda T, Oki S, Kitajima K, Harada T, Komune S, Meno C. Restriction of Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst determines semicircular canal formation in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2012;362:83-93 pubmed publisher..Our stage-specific functional analysis suggests that strict regulation of canonical Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst orchestrates the process of semicircular canal formation...
- Kele J, Andersson E, Villaescusa J, Cajanek L, Parish C, Bonilla S, et al. SFRP1 and SFRP2 dose-dependently regulate midbrain dopamine neuron development in vivo and in embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2012;30:865-75 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that sFRP1 and sFRP2 activate the Wnt/planar-cell-polarity/Rac1 pathway in DA cells...
- Miyagawa S, Matsumaru D, Murashima A, Omori A, Satoh Y, Haraguchi R, et al. The role of sonic hedgehog-Gli2 pathway in the masculinization of external genitalia. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2894-903 pubmed publisher..The current study identified hedgehog signaling pathway as a key factor not only for initial development but also for sexually dimorphic development of the external genitalia in coordination with androgen signaling. ..
- Matsuyama M, Aizawa S, Shimono A. Sfrp controls apicobasal polarity and oriented cell division in developing gut epithelium. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000427 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that inactivation of Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 leads to reduction in fore-stomach length in mouse embryos, which is enhanced in the presence of the ..
- Ikegawa M, Han H, Okamoto A, Matsui R, Tanaka M, Omi N, et al. Syndactyly and preaxial synpolydactyly in the single Sfrp2 deleted mutant mice. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2506-17 pubmed publisher..Although joint formation was not disrupted, chondrocyte maturation was preaxially disturbed. Our results suggest that the Sfrp2 deleted mice can be a useful animal model to study human syndactyly/preaxial synpolydactyly defects...
- Pasold J, Osterberg A, Peters K, Taipaleenmaki H, Saamanen A, Vollmar B, et al. Reduced expression of Sfrp1 during chondrogenesis and in articular chondrocytes correlates with osteoarthritis in STR/ort mice. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:649-59 pubmed publisher..We here focused on one of the candidate genes within the OA-QTL encoding the Wnt antagonist secreted frizzled related protein 1 (Sfrp1)...
- Matsuda Y, Schlange T, Oakeley E, Boulay A, Hynes N. WNT signaling enhances breast cancer cell motility and blockade of the WNT pathway by sFRP1 suppresses MDA-MB-231 xenograft growth. Breast Cancer Res. 2009;11:R32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, many breast tumors show hypermethylation of the secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 (sFRP1) promoter region, causing low expression of this WNT antagonist...
- Miquelajauregui A, Van de Putte T, Polyakov A, Nityanandam A, Boppana S, Seuntjens E, et al. Smad-interacting protein-1 (Zfhx1b) acts upstream of Wnt signaling in the mouse hippocampus and controls its formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12919-24 pubmed..The expression of the Wnt antagonist Sfrp1 was ectopically activated, whereas the activity of the noncanonical Wnt effector, JNK, was down-regulated in the ..
- Kaji K, Nichols J, Hendrich B. Mbd3, a component of the NuRD co-repressor complex, is required for development of pluripotent cells. Development. 2007;134:1123-32 pubmed
- Minegishi K, Hashimoto M, Ajima R, Takaoka K, Shinohara K, Ikawa Y, et al. A Wnt5 Activity Asymmetry and Intercellular Signaling via PCP Proteins Polarize Node Cells for Left-Right Symmetry Breaking. Dev Cell. 2017;40:439-452.e4 pubmed publisher..and Sfrp mutant embryos, and also in the presence of a uniform distribution of Wnt5a or Sfrp1, suggesting that Wnt5 and Sfrp proteins act as instructive signals in this process...
- Glasco D, Pike W, Qu Y, Reustle L, Misra K, Di Bonito M, et al. The atypical cadherin Celsr1 functions non-cell autonomously to block rostral migration of facial branchiomotor neurons in mice. Dev Biol. 2016;417:40-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest strongly that Celsr1 ensures that FBM neurons migrate caudally by suppressing molecular cues in the rostral hindbrain that can attract FBM neurons. ..
- Donovan S, Schweers B, Martins R, Johnson D, Dyer M. Compensation by tumor suppressor genes during retinal development in mice and humans. BMC Biol. 2006;4:14 pubmed..Together, these data suggest a model that explains why humans are susceptible to retinoblastoma following RB1 loss, but mice require both Rb and p107 gene inactivation. ..
- Quwailid M, Hugill A, Dear N, Vizor L, Wells S, Horner E, et al. A gene-driven ENU-based approach to generating an allelic series in any gene. Mamm Genome. 2004;15:585-91 pubmed..It is now available to academic collaborators as a community resource. ..
- Van Handel B, Montel Hagen A, Sasidharan R, Nakano H, Ferrari R, Boogerd C, et al. Scl represses cardiomyogenesis in prospective hemogenic endothelium and endocardium. Cell. 2012;150:590-605 pubmed publisher..These results reveal unexpected plasticity in embryonic endothelium such that loss of a single master regulator can induce ectopic cardiomyogenesis from endothelial cells. ..
- Bodine P, Seestaller Wehr L, Kharode Y, Bex F, Komm B. Bone anabolic effects of parathyroid hormone are blunted by deletion of the Wnt antagonist secreted frizzled-related protein-1. J Cell Physiol. 2007;210:352-7 pubmed..Moreover, as the effects of sFRP-1 deletion on vBMD increase, the ability of PTH to enhance vBMD declines suggesting that there are overlapping mechanisms of action. ..
- Marcos S, Nieto Lopez F, SandonÃ¬s A, Cardozo M, Di Marco F, Esteve P, et al. Secreted frizzled related proteins modulate pathfinding and fasciculation of mouse retina ganglion cell axons by direct and indirect mechanisms. J Neurosci. 2015;35:4729-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the combination of these two functions well explain the axon guidance phenotype observed in Sfrp1 and Sfrp2 single and compound mouse mutant embryos, in which RGC axons make subtle but significant mistakes during ..
- Caruana G, Cullen McEwen L, Nelson A, Kostoulias X, Woods K, Gardiner B, et al. Spatial gene expression in the T-stage mouse metanephros. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:807-25 pubmed..This study has identified genes spatially expressed in regions of the developing kidney involved in branching morphogenesis, nephrogenesis and the development of the collecting duct system, calyces, renal pelvis and ureter. ..
- Lee C, Buttitta L, May N, Kispert A, Fan C. SHH-N upregulates Sfrp2 to mediate its competitive interaction with WNT1 and WNT4 in the somitic mesoderm. Development. 2000;127:109-18 pubmed..Together, our results support the model that SHH-N at least in part employs SFRP2 to reduce WNT1/4 activity in the somitic mesoderm. ..
- Dufourcq P, Leroux L, Ezan J, Descamps B, Lamazière J, Costet P, et al. Regulation of endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization by a secreted frizzled-related protein-1 and frizzled 4- and frizzled 7-dependent pathway: role in neovessel formation. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:37-49 pubmed..This study illustrates a regulated pathway by sFRP-1 involving GSK-3beta and Rac-1 in endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization and in neovessel formation. ..
- Lewis S, Khoo P, De Young R, Steiner K, Wilcock C, Mukhopadhyay M, et al. Dkk1 and Wnt3 interact to control head morphogenesis in the mouse. Development. 2008;135:1791-801 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight that head development is sensitive to the level of WNT3 signalling and that DKK1 is the key antagonist that modulates WNT3 activity during anterior morphogenesis...
- Renström J, Istvanffy R, Gauthier K, Shimono A, Mages J, Jardon Alvarez A, et al. Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 extrinsically regulates cycling activity and maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;5:157-67 pubmed publisherSecreted frizzled-related protein 1 (Sfrp1) is highly expressed by stromal cells maintaining hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs)...
- Sebastián Serrano A, Sandonìs A, Cardozo M, Rodríguez Tornos F, Bovolenta P, Nieto M. P?x6 expression in postmitotic neurons mediates the growth of axons in response to SFRP1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31590 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that Pax6 mediates the response of growing axons to SFRP1, a secreted molecule expressed in several Pax6-positive forebrain territories...
- Paik J, Ding Z, Narurkar R, Ramkissoon S, Muller F, Kamoun W, et al. FoxOs cooperatively regulate diverse pathways governing neural stem cell homeostasis. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;5:540-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, the FoxO family coordinately regulates diverse genes and pathways to govern key aspects of NSC homeostasis in the mammalian brain. ..
- Huang J, Dattilo L, Rajagopal R, Liu Y, Kaartinen V, Mishina Y, et al. FGF-regulated BMP signaling is required for eyelid closure and to specify conjunctival epithelial cell fate. Development. 2009;136:1741-50 pubmed publisher..FGF signaling also promoted the expression of the Wnt antagonist Sfrp1 and suppressed Wnt signaling in the prospective eyelid epithelial cells, independently of BMP function...
- Schmidt Ott K, Chen X, Paragas N, Levinson R, Mendelsohn C, Barasch J. c-kit delineates a distinct domain of progenitors in the developing kidney. Dev Biol. 2006;299:238-49 pubmed..These data suggest that ureteric bud-derived SCF elicits growth-promoting effects in the metanephric kidney by expanding one or more components of the interstitial c-kit-positive progenitor pool. ..
- Zhou C, Borello U, Rubenstein J, Pleasure S. Neuronal production and precursor proliferation defects in the neocortex of mice with loss of function in the canonical Wnt signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2006;142:1119-31 pubmed..This analysis demonstrates that canonical Wnt signaling is required for a diverse array of developmental processes in the neocortex in addition to the previously known roles in regulating precursor proliferation and patterning. ..
- Li C, Amar S. Role of secreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) in wound healing. J Dent Res. 2006;85:374-8 pubmed..Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) contributes to the inhibition of apoptosis in fibroblast populations...
- Mishra S, Choe Y, Pleasure S, Siegenthaler J. Cerebrovascular defects in Foxc1 mutants correlate with aberrant WNT and VEGF-A pathways downstream of retinoic acid from the meninges. Dev Biol. 2016;420:148-165 pubmed publisher..Our findings offer the first evidence for a role of the meninges in brain vascular development and provide new insight into potential causes of cerebrovascular defects in patients with FOXC1 mutations. ..
- Lescher B, Haenig B, Kispert A. sFRP-2 is a target of the Wnt-4 signaling pathway in the developing metanephric kidney. Dev Dyn. 1998;213:440-51 pubmed
- Agalliu D, Takada S, Agalliu I, McMahon A, Jessell T. Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signaling. Neuron. 2009;61:708-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity. ..
- Hsu L, Nam S, Cui Y, Chang C, Wang C, Kuo H, et al. Lhx2 regulates the timing of Î²-catenin-dependent cortical neurogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:12199-204 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that Lhx2 is required for Î²-catenin function in maintaining cortical progenitor proliferation and controls the timing of cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Woo J, Miletich I, Kim B, Sharpe P, Shivdasani R. Barx1-mediated inhibition of Wnt signaling in the mouse thoracic foregut controls tracheo-esophageal septation and epithelial differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22493 pubmed publisher..Thus, as in the developing stomach, but distinct from the spleen, Barx1 control of thoracic foregut specification and tracheo-esophageal septation is tightly associated with down-regulation of adjacent Wnt pathway activity. ..
- Ichijo R, Kobayashi H, Yoneda S, Iizuka Y, Kubo H, Matsumura S, et al. Tbx3-dependent amplifying stem cell progeny drives interfollicular epidermal expansion during pregnancy and regeneration. Nat Commun. 2017;8:508 pubmed publisher..This biased division of Axin2+ interfollicular epidermal stem cells is induced by Sfrp1 and Igfbp2 proteins secreted from dermal cells...
- Svensson A, Norrby M, Libelius R, Tagerud S. Secreted frizzled related protein 1 (Sfrp1) and Wnt signaling in innervated and denervated skeletal muscle. J Mol Histol. 2008;39:329-37 pubmed publisher..Secreted frizzled-related proteins (Sfrps) such as Sfrp1 can function as inhibitors of Wnt signaling...
- Bonney S, Harrison Uy S, Mishra S, MacPherson A, Choe Y, Li D, et al. Diverse Functions of Retinoic Acid in Brain Vascular Development. J Neurosci. 2016;36:7786-801 pubmed publisher..Therefore, RA may act as a "brake" on endothelial WNT signaling and Sox17 to ensure normal brain vascular development. ..
- Bodine P, Stauffer B, Ponce de Leon H, Bhat R, Mangine A, Seestaller Wehr L, et al. A small molecule inhibitor of the Wnt antagonist secreted frizzled-related protein-1 stimulates bone formation. Bone. 2009;44:1063-8 pubmed publisher..0001 microM. This work demonstrates the feasibility of developing small molecules that inhibit sFRP-1 and stimulate canonical Wnt signaling to increase bone formation. ..
- Foronjy R, Imai K, Shiomi T, Mercer B, Sklepkiewicz P, Thankachen J, et al. The divergent roles of secreted frizzled related protein-1 (SFRP1) in lung morphogenesis and emphysema. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:598-607 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that SFRP1, an inhibitor of Wnt signaling normally expressed during lung embryogenesis, is induced in the lungs of emphysema ..
- Gaur T, Wixted J, Hussain S, O Connell S, Morgan E, Ayers D, et al. Secreted frizzled related protein 1 is a target to improve fracture healing. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:174-81 pubmed publisher..b>Secreted frizzled related protein 1 (sFRP1) is one of several Wnt antagonists and among the loss-of-function mouse models in which 32-..
- Jaspard B, Couffinhal T, Dufourcq P, Moreau C, Duplaa C. Expression pattern of mouse sFRP-1 and mWnt-8 gene during heart morphogenesis. Mech Dev. 2000;90:263-7 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation experiments demonstrates that FrzA binds to mWnt-8 in cell culture experiments. ..
- Descamps S, Arzouk H, Bacou F, Bernardi H, Fedon Y, Gay S, et al. Inhibition of myoblast differentiation by Sfrp1 and Sfrp2. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;332:299-306 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the addition of recombinant Sfrp1 or Sfrp2 to C2C12 cell line cultures or to primary cultures of satellite cells results in the inhibition of ..
- Lee Y, Miller H, Russell H, Boyd K, Curran T, McKinnon P. Patched2 modulates tumorigenesis in patched1 heterozygous mice. Cancer Res. 2006;66:6964-71 pubmed..Ptch1+/-Ptch2-/- and Ptch1+/-Ptch2+/- animals showed a higher incidence of tumors and a broader spectrum of tumor types compared with Ptch1+/- animals. Therefore, Ptch2 modulates tumorigenesis associated with Ptch1 haploinsufficiency. ..
- Kimura Yoshida C, Tian E, Nakano H, Amazaki S, Shimokawa K, Rossant J, et al. Crucial roles of Foxa2 in mouse anterior-posterior axis polarization via regulation of anterior visceral endoderm-specific genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5919-24 pubmed..These findings provide profound insights into conserved roles of Foxa2 transcription factors in anterior specification throughout the evolution of the chordate body plan. ..
- Hoang B, Thomas J, Abdul Karim F, Correia K, Conlon R, Luyten F, et al. Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family members. Dev Dyn. 1998;212:364-72 pubmed..We conclude from these experiments that Frzb-1 is expressed at a time and location to modulate the action of Wnt family members during development of the limbs and central nervous system. ..
- Kieslinger M, Hiechinger S, Dobreva G, Consalez G, Grosschedl R. Early B cell factor 2 regulates hematopoietic stem cell homeostasis in a cell-nonautonomous manner. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7:496-507 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ebf2 acts as a transcriptional determinant of an osteoblastic niche that regulates the maintenance of hematopoietic progenitors, in part by modulating Wnt signaling. ..
- Toivanen R, Shen M. Prostate organogenesis: tissue induction, hormonal regulation and cell type specification. Development. 2017;144:1382-1398 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide a comprehensive overview of prostate development, focusing on recent findings regarding sexual dimorphism, bud induction, branching morphogenesis and cellular differentiation. ..
- Jia S, Kwon H, Lan Y, Zhou J, Liu H, Jiang R. Bmp4-Msx1 signaling and Osr2 control tooth organogenesis through antagonistic regulation of secreted Wnt antagonists. Dev Biol. 2016;420:110-119 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal a novel mechanism that the Bmp4-Msx1 pathway and Osr2 control tooth organogenesis through antagonistic regulation of expression of secreted Wnt antagonists. ..
- Mukhopadhyay M, Teufel A, Yamashita T, Agulnick A, Chen L, Downs K, et al. Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulation. Development. 2003;130:495-505 pubmed..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1. ..
- Li C, Amar S. Inhibition of SFRP1 reduces severity of periodontitis. J Dent Res. 2007;86:873-7 pubmed..Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) modulates apoptosis in different cell types. To characterize the roles of SFRP1 in periodontitis, we used a P...
- Matsuyama M, Nomori A, Nakakuni K, Shimono A, Fukushima M. Secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 (Sfrp1) regulates the progression of renal fibrosis in a mouse model of obstructive nephropathy. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:31526-33 pubmed publisherRenal fibrosis is responsible for progressive renal diseases that cause chronic renal failure. Sfrp1 (secreted Frizzled-related protein 1) is highly expressed in kidney, although little is known about connection between the protein and ..
- Shiomi T, Sklepkiewicz P, Bodine P, D Armiento J. Maintenance of the bronchial alveolar stem cells in an undifferentiated state by secreted frizzled-related protein 1. FASEB J. 2014;28:5242-9 pubmed publisher..Secreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) is a critical molecule involved in alveolar duct formation in the lung and here we demonstrate its importance in ..
- Gewies A, Castineiras Vilarino M, Ferch U, Jährling N, Heinrich K, Hoeckendorf U, et al. Prdm6 is essential for cardiovascular development in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81833 pubmed publisher..We thus identified Prdm6 as a factor that is essential for the physiological control of cardiovascular development. ..
- Gregory K, Schneider S. Estrogen-mediated signaling is differentially affected by the expression levels of Sfrp1 in mammary epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2015;39:873-9 pubmed publisher..Secreted frizzled-related proteins (SFRPs) are a family of Wnt signaling antagonists. Loss of Sfrp1 in mice results in focal ductal epithelial hyperplasias and in humans, loss of SFRP1 is associated with early ..
- Furushima K, Yamamoto A, Nagano T, Shibata M, Miyachi H, Abe T, et al. Mouse homologues of Shisa antagonistic to Wnt and Fgf signalings. Dev Biol. 2007;306:480-92 pubmed
- Kidoya H, Naito H, Muramatsu F, Yamakawa D, Jia W, Ikawa M, et al. APJ Regulates Parallel Alignment of Arteries and Veins in the Skin. Dev Cell. 2015;33:247-59 pubmed publisher..induces chemotaxis of venous ECs, and promotes the production of secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 (sFRP1) by APJ(+) ECs. sFRP1 stimulates matrix metalloproteinase production by Ly6B...
- Jones S, Jomary C. Secreted Frizzled-related proteins: searching for relationships and patterns. Bioessays. 2002;24:811-20 pubmed
- Joesting M, Cheever T, Volzing K, Yamaguchi T, Wolf V, Naf D, et al. Secreted frizzled related protein 1 is a paracrine modulator of epithelial branching morphogenesis, proliferation, and secretory gene expression in the prostate. Dev Biol. 2008;317:161-73 pubmed publisherPrevious in vitro studies identified secreted frizzled related protein 1 (SFRP1) as a candidate pro-proliferative signal during prostatic development and cancer progression...
- Solberg N, Machon O, Krauss S. Effect of canonical Wnt inhibition in the neurogenic cortex, hippocampus, and premigratory dentate gyrus progenitor pool. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:1799-811 pubmed publisher..The lower number of progenitors in the dentate gyrus was not rescued after migration to the subgranular zone and thus the dentate gyrus lacked the entire internal blade and a part of the external blade from postnatal to adult stages. ..
- Gregory K, Morin S, Schneider S. Regulation of early growth response 2 expression by secreted frizzled related protein 1. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:473 pubmed publisherSecreted frizzled-related protein 1 (SFRP1) expression is down-regulated in a multitude of cancers, including breast cancer. Loss of Sfrp1 also exacerbates weight gain as well as inflammation...
- Bluske K, Kawakami Y, Koyano Nakagawa N, Nakagawa Y. Differential activity of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in the embryonic mouse thalamus. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:3297-309 pubmed publisher..Analysis of mice with enhanced or reduced Shh signal showed that Axin2 expression is similar to controls. These results suggest that differential Wnt signaling may play a role in patterning the thalamus independent of Shh signaling. ..