Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Setd7
Description: SET domain containing (lysine methyltransferase) 7
Alias: 1600028F23Rik, H3K4MT, KMT7, Set7, Set7/9, mKIAA1717, histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SETD7, H3-K4 methyltransferase, H3-K4-HMTase SETD7, SET domain-containing protein 7, histone H3-K4 methyltransferase SETD7
- Okabe J, Orlowski C, Balcerczyk A, Tikellis C, Thomas M, Cooper M, et al. Distinguishing hyperglycemic changes by Set7 in vascular endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2012;110:1067-76 pubmed publisher..We have studied the molecular and functional mechanism whereby the Set7 methyltransferase associates with chromatin formation and histone methylation in vascular cells in response to ..
- Wang D, Zhou J, Liu X, Lu D, Shen C, Du Y, et al. Methylation of SUV39H1 by SET7/9 results in heterochromatin relaxation and genome instability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5516-21 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identified SET domain-containing protein 7 (SET7/9), a protein methyltransferase, as a unique regulator of SUV39H1 activity...
- Elkouris M, Kontaki H, Stavropoulos A, Antonoglou A, Nikolaou K, Samiotaki M, et al. SET9-Mediated Regulation of TGF-? Signaling Links Protein Methylation to Pulmonary Fibrosis. Cell Rep. 2016;15:2733-44 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a complex regulatory interplay among multiple Smad7 modifications and highlight the possibility that protein methyltransferases may represent promising therapeutic targets for treating lung fibrosis. ..
- Barsyte Lovejoy D, Li F, Oudhoff M, Tatlock J, Dong A, Zeng H, et al. (R)-PFI-2 is a potent and selective inhibitor of SETD7 methyltransferase activity in cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:12853-8 pubmed publisherSET domain containing (lysine methyltransferase) 7 (SETD7) is implicated in multiple signaling and disease related pathways with a broad diversity of reported substrates...
- Tuano N, Okabe J, Ziemann M, Cooper M, El Osta A. Set7 mediated interactions regulate transcriptional networks in embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:9206-9217 pubmed..While it is known that Set7 catalyzes mono-methylation of histone and non-histone proteins, the functional importance of this enzyme in stem ..
- Wang J, Hevi S, Kurash J, Lei H, Gay F, Bajko J, et al. The lysine demethylase LSD1 (KDM1) is required for maintenance of global DNA methylation. Nat Genet. 2009;41:125-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Dnmt1 can be methylated by Set7/9 (also known as KMT7) and demethylated by LSD1 in vitro...
- Yang Y, Thorel F, Boyer D, Herrera P, Wright C. Context-specific ?- to-?-cell reprogramming by forced Pdx1 expression. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1680-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that Pdx1 can work single-handedly as a potent context-dependent autonomous reprogramming agent, and suggest a postnatal differentiation evaluation stage involved in normal endocrine maturation. ..
- Lehnertz B, Rogalski J, Schulze F, Yi L, Lin S, Kast J, et al. p53-dependent transcription and tumor suppression are not affected in Set7/9-deficient mice. Mol Cell. 2011;43:673-80 pubmed publisher..In particular, Set7/9 (KMT7)-mediated monomethylation of human p53 at lysine 372 (p53K372me1) was suggested to be essential for p53 ..
- Chen L, Fulcoli F, Ferrentino R, Martucciello S, Illingworth E, Baldini A. Transcriptional control in cardiac progenitors: Tbx1 interacts with the BAF chromatin remodeling complex and regulates Wnt5a. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002571 pubmed publisher..It also interacts with the Setd7 histone H3K4 monomethyltransferase...
- Ogihara T, Vanderford N, Maier B, Stein R, Mirmira R. Expression and function of Set7/9 in pancreatic islets. Islets. 2009;1:269-72 pubmed publisher..In this brief report, we follow up on a recent study in which we identified the islet enriched factor Set7/9 as a potentially important histone methyltransferase in ?-cells (Deering, et al. Diabetes 2009; 58:185-93)...
- Tao Y, Neppl R, Huang Z, Chen J, Tang R, Cao R, et al. The histone methyltransferase Set7/9 promotes myoblast differentiation and myofibril assembly. J Cell Biol. 2011;194:551-65 pubmed publisher..We report in this paper that expression of the H3-K4 histone methyltransferase Set7 is increased when myoblasts differentiate into myotubes and is required for skeletal muscle development, expression ..
- Lee J, Saha P, Yang Q, Lee S, Park J, Suh Y, et al. Targeted inactivation of MLL3 histone H3-Lys-4 methyltransferase activity in the mouse reveals vital roles for MLL3 in adipogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:19229-34 pubmed publisher..receptor gamma (PPARgamma) and C/EBPalpha, is associated with histone H3-Lys-4-methyltransferase (H3K4MT) MLL3 or its paralogue MLL4 in a complex named ASCOM (ASC-2 complex)...
- Hang L, Xu Z, Wei S, Shu W, Luo H, Chen J. Spinal SET7/9 may contribute to the maintenance of cancer-induced bone pain in mice. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2017;44:1001-1007 pubmed publisher..SET domain containing lysine methyltransferase 7/9 (SET7/9) may modulate the expression of NF-ÎºB-dependent proinflammatory genes in vitro...
- Oudhoff M, Freeman S, Couzens A, Antignano F, Kuznetsova E, Min P, et al. Control of the hippo pathway by Set7-dependent methylation of Yap. Dev Cell. 2013;26:188-94 pubmed publisherMethylation of nonhistone proteins is emerging as a regulatory mechanism to control protein function. Set7 (Setd7) is a SET-domain-containing lysine methyltransferase that methylates and alters function of a variety of proteins in vitro, ..
- Deering T, Ogihara T, Trace A, Maier B, Mirmira R. Methyltransferase Set7/9 maintains transcription and euchromatin structure at islet-enriched genes. Diabetes. 2009;58:185-93 pubmed publisher..that this modification is maintained in islet beta-cells by the action of the histone methyltransferase Set7/9...
- Lee S, Lee D, Dou Y, Lee J, Lee B, Kwak E, et al. Coactivator as a target gene specificity determinant for histone H3 lysine 4 methyltransferases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15392-7 pubmed..In contrast, RAR-beta2 expression is intact in MEFs devoid of menin, a component of MLL1 and MLL2 H3K4MT complexes...
- Jeong K, Park J, Lee S. The analysis of X-chromosome inactivation-related gene expression from single mouse embryo with sex-determination. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;333:803-7 pubmed..An analysis of the XCI-related gene (Xist, Tsix, SUV39H1, SET7, and DNMT1) expression was performed to investigate the initiation process of XCI from early mouse single embryo (1-..
- Oudhoff M, Antignano F, Chenery A, Burrows K, Redpath S, Braam M, et al. Intestinal Epithelial Cell-Intrinsic Deletion of Setd7 Identifies Role for Developmental Pathways in Immunity to Helminth Infection. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005876 pubmed publisher..Lysine methyltransferases are part of a family of novel attractive targets for drug discovery. SETD7 is a member of the Suppressor of variegation 3-9-Enhancer of zeste-Trithorax (SET) domain-containing family of ..