Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sema3e
Description: sema domain, immunoglobulin domain (Ig), short basic domain, secreted, (semaphorin) 3E
Alias: 6430702L12, AA408817, Semah, mKIAA0331, semaphorin-3E, sema H, semaphorin-H
- Ding J, Oh W, Sabatini B, Gu C. Semaphorin 3E-Plexin-D1 signaling controls pathway-specific synapse formation in the striatum. Nat Neurosci. 2011;15:215-23 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the interaction between the secreted semaphorin 3E (Sema3E) and its receptor Plexin-D1 is a critical determinant of synaptic specificity in cortico-thalamo-..
- Pecho Vrieseling E, Sigrist M, Yoshida Y, Jessell T, Arber S. Specificity of sensory-motor connections encoded by Sema3e-Plxnd1 recognition. Nature. 2009;459:842-6 pubmed publisher..We show here that a recognition system involving expression of the class 3 semaphorin Sema3e by selected motor neuron pools, and its high-affinity receptor plexin D1 (Plxnd1) by proprioceptive sensory ..
- Sakurai A, Gavard J, Annas Linhares Y, Basile J, Amornphimoltham P, Palmby T, et al. Semaphorin 3E initiates antiangiogenic signaling through plexin D1 by regulating Arf6 and R-Ras. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3086-98 pubmed publisherRecent studies revealed that a class III semaphorin, semaphorin 3E (Sema3E), acts through a single-pass transmembrane receptor, plexin D1, to provide a repulsive cue for plexin D1-expressing endothelial cells, thus providing a highly ..
- Helmbacher F, Dessaud E, Arber S, Delapeyrière O, Henderson C, Klein R, et al. Met signaling is required for recruitment of motor neurons to PEA3-positive motor pools. Neuron. 2003;39:767-77 pubmed..We propose the presence of a relay mechanism allowing cells induced by peripheral signals to recruit more anterior neurons to adopt the same motor pool-related phenotype. ..
- Tata A, Stoppel D, Hong S, Ben Zvi A, Xie T, Gu C. An image-based RNAi screen identifies SH3BP1 as a key effector of Semaphorin 3E-PlexinD1 signaling. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:573-90 pubmed publisher..genome-wide functional RNAi screen for downstream signaling molecules that convert the interaction between Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E) and PlexinD1 into cellular behaviors...
- Wanschel A, Seibert T, Hewing B, Ramkhelawon B, Ray T, van Gils J, et al. Neuroimmune guidance cue Semaphorin 3E is expressed in atherosclerotic plaques and regulates macrophage retention. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:886-93 pubmed publisher..The present study evaluates the expression of Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E) in settings relevant to atherosclerosis and its contribution to macrophage accumulation in plaques...
- Morello F, Prasad A, Rehberg K, Vieira de SÃ¡ R, AntÃ³n BolaÃ±os N, Leyva Díaz E, et al. Frizzled3 Controls Axonal Polarity and Intermediate Target Entry during Striatal Pathway Development. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14205-19 pubmed publisher..e., striatal and thalamocortical axons). ..
- Choi Y, Duke Cohan J, Chen W, Liu B, Rossy J, Tabarin T, et al. Dynamic control of ?1 integrin adhesion by the plexinD1-sema3E axis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:379-84 pubmed publisher..controls surface topology of nanometer-scaled ?1 integrin adhesion domains in cis, whereas its ligation by sema3E in trans regulates individual ?1 integrin catch bonds...
- Deck M, Lokmane L, Chauvet S, Mailhes C, Keita M, Niquille M, et al. Pathfinding of corticothalamic axons relies on a rendezvous with thalamic projections. Neuron. 2013;77:472-84 pubmed publisher..At the molecular level, Sema3E/PlexinD1 signaling in pioneer cortical neurons mediates a "waiting signal" required to orchestrate the ..
- Joza S, Wang J, Fox E, Hillman V, Ackerley C, Post M. Loss of semaphorin-neuropilin-1 signaling causes dysmorphic vascularization reminiscent of alveolar capillary dysplasia. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2003-17 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a critical role for Sema3-Nrp1 signaling in fetal pulmonary development, which may have clinical relevance for treatment of various neonatal respiratory disorders, including alveolar capillary dysplasia. ..
- Miyazaki N, Furuyama T, Amasaki M, Sugimoto H, Sakai T, Takeda N, et al. Mouse semaphorin H inhibits neurite outgrowth from sensory neurons. Neurosci Res. 1999;33:269-74 pubmedMouse semaphorin H (M-semaH) was structurally similar to semaphorin III/D, a mammalian homologue of collapsin 1 which was identified as a collapsing factor for sensory nerves...
- Mata A, Gil V, Pérez Clausell J, Dasilva M, González Calixto M, Soriano E, et al. New functions of Semaphorin 3E and its receptor PlexinD1 during developing and adult hippocampal formation. Sci Rep. 2018;8:1381 pubmed publisher..the role of most of their family members have been described, very few data about the participation of Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E) and its receptor PlexinD1 during the development and maturation of the entorhino-hippocampal (EH) ..
- Moriya J, Minamino T, Tateno K, Okada S, Uemura A, Shimizu I, et al. Inhibition of semaphorin as a novel strategy for therapeutic angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2010;106:391-8 pubmed publisher..Although these molecules have a role in embryonic vascular development, it remains unclear whether the Sema3E/plexinD1 axis is involved in postnatal angiogenesis...
- Meadows S, Ratliff L, Singh M, Epstein J, Cleaver O. Resolution of defective dorsal aortae patterning in Sema3E-deficient mice occurs via angiogenic remodeling. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:580-90 pubmed publisher..The repulsive neuronal guidance cue, Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E), is critical for creating avascular zones that instruct and subsequently pattern the first embryonic ..
- Shahrabi Farahani S, Wang L, Zwaans B, Santana J, Shimizu A, Takashima S, et al. Neuropilin 1 expression correlates with differentiation status of epidermal cells and cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas. Lab Invest. 2014;94:752-65 pubmed publisher..NRP1 may function as a reservoir to sequester VEGF ligand within the epithelial compartment, thereby modulating its bioactivity. ..
- Chedotal A, Del Rio J, Ruiz M, He Z, Borrell V, de Castro F, et al. Semaphorins III and IV repel hippocampal axons via two distinct receptors. Development. 1998;125:4313-23 pubmed..Thus, chemorepulsion plays a role in axon guidance in the hippocampus, secreted semaphorins are likely to be responsible for this action, and the same axons can be repelled by two distinct semaphorins via two different receptors. ..
- Miyazaki N, Furuyama T, Sakai T, Fujioka S, Mori T, Ohoka Y, et al. Developmental localization of semaphorin H messenger RNA acting as a collapsing factor on sensory axons in the mouse brain. Neuroscience. 1999;93:401-8 pubmed..We report the expression patterns of mouse semaphorin messenger RNAs. Among secreted semaphorins, mouse semaphorin H is structurally most similar to semaphorin III/D, the first semaphorin identified as a collapsing factor for ..
- Oster S, Bodeker M, He F, Sretavan D. Invariant Sema5A inhibition serves an ensheathing function during optic nerve development. Development. 2003;130:775-84 pubmed..Furthermore, this function is accomplished using molecules such as Sema5A that exhibit conserved inhibitory responses in the presence of co-impinging signals from multiple families of guidance molecules. ..
- Yagai T, Miyajima A, Tanaka M. Semaphorin 3E secreted by damaged hepatocytes regulates the sinusoidal regeneration and liver fibrosis during liver regeneration. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:2250-9 pubmed publisher..Damaged hepatocytes rapidly expressed semaphorin 3E (Sema3e), which induced contraction of sinusoidal endothelial cells and thereby contributed to activating ..
- Bribian A, Nocentini S, Llorens F, Gil V, Mire E, Reginensi D, et al. Sema3E/PlexinD1 regulates the migration of hem-derived Cajal-Retzius cells in developing cerebral cortex. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4265 pubmed publisher..Here we show that Semaphorin-3E (Sema3E) is a natural negative regulator of the migration of PlexinD1-positive CR cells originating in the CH...
- Sun Y, Liu C, Wang Z, Meng S, Burnim S, SanGiovanni J, et al. RORÎ± modulates semaphorin 3E transcription and neurovascular interaction in pathological retinal angiogenesis. FASEB J. 2017;31:4492-4502 pubmed publisher..Sun, Y., Liu, C.-H., Wang, Z., Meng, S. S., Burnim, S. B., SanGiovanni, J. P., Kamenecka, T. M., Solt, L. A., Chen, J. RORÎ± modulates semaphorin 3E transcription and neurovascular interaction in pathological retinal angiogenesis.
- Burk K, Mire E, Bellon A, Hocine M, Guillot J, Moraes F, et al. Post-endocytic sorting of Plexin-D1 controls signal transduction and development of axonal and vascular circuits. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14508 pubmed publisher..Thus, intracellular sorting steps that occur after receptor internalization by endocytosis provide a critical level of control of cellular responses to guidance signals. ..
- Ueda Y, Kondo N, Ozawa M, Yasuda K, Tomiyama T, Kinashi T. Sema3e/Plexin D1 Modulates Immunological Synapse and Migration of Thymocytes by Rap1 Inhibition. J Immunol. 2016;196:3019-31 pubmed publisher..In this study, we demonstrated that class III semaphorin E (sema3e), a guidance molecule during neural and vascular development, directly inhibited Rap1 activation and LFA-1-..
- Castellani V, Chedotal A, Schachner M, Faivre Sarrailh C, Rougon G. Analysis of the L1-deficient mouse phenotype reveals cross-talk between Sema3A and L1 signaling pathways in axonal guidance. Neuron. 2000;27:237-49 pubmed
- Movassagh H, Saati A, Nandagopal S, Mohammed A, Tatari N, Shan L, et al. Chemorepellent Semaphorin 3E Negatively Regulates Neutrophil Migration In Vitro and In Vivo. J Immunol. 2017;198:1023-1033 pubmed publisher..This study examines the possible role of a secreted chemorepellent, Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E), in neutrophil migration...
- Kolk S, Gunput R, Tran T, Van den Heuvel D, Prasad A, Hellemons A, et al. Semaphorin 3F is a bifunctional guidance cue for dopaminergic axons and controls their fasciculation, channeling, rostral growth, and intracortical targeting. J Neurosci. 2009;29:12542-57 pubmed publisher..In all, this study provides a framework for additional dissection of the molecular basis of mdDA pathway development and disease. ..
- Chung L, Yang T, Huang H, Hsu S, Cheng H, Huang P. Semaphorin signaling facilitates cleft formation in the developing salivary gland. Development. 2007;134:2935-45 pubmed..Instead, the semaphorin signals act locally on the epithelial cells to facilitate SMG cleft formation. ..
- Aghajanian H, Choi C, Ho V, Gupta M, Singh M, Epstein J. Semaphorin 3d and semaphorin 3e direct endothelial motility through distinct molecular signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:17971-9 pubmed publisher..b>Semaphorin 3e (Sema3e) has been shown previously to repel endothelial cells and is the only class 3 semaphorin known to be ..
- . Unified nomenclature for the semaphorins/collapsins. Semaphorin Nomenclature Committee. Cell. 1999;97:551-2 pubmed
- Movassagh H, Shan L, Duke Cohan J, Halayko A, Uzonna J, Gounni A. Semaphorin 3E Alleviates Hallmarks of House Dust Mite-Induced Allergic Airway Disease. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1566-1576 pubmed publisher..b>Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E), initially identified as a neuronal chemorepellent, is involved in the regulation of cell migration, ..
- Fukuhara K, Imai F, Ladle D, Katayama K, Leslie J, Arber S, et al. Specificity of monosynaptic sensory-motor connections imposed by repellent Sema3E-PlexinD1 signaling. Cell Rep. 2013;5:748-58 pubmed publisher..that proprioceptive sensory afferents that express PlexinD1 avoid forming monosynaptic connections with neurons in Sema3E(+) motor pools yet are able to form direct connections with neurons in Sema3E(off) motor pools...
- Luchino J, Hocine M, Amoureux M, Gibert B, Bernet A, Royet A, et al. Semaphorin 3E suppresses tumor cell death triggered by the plexin D1 dependence receptor in metastatic breast cancers. Cancer Cell. 2013;24:673-85 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that the Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E) regulates tumor cell survival by suppressing an apoptotic pathway triggered by the Plexin D1 ..
- Shimizu I, Yoshida Y, Moriya J, Nojima A, Uemura A, Kobayashi Y, et al. Semaphorin3E-induced inflammation contributes to insulin resistance in dietary obesity. Cell Metab. 2013;18:491-504 pubmed publisher..Here we describe a previously unknown role of class 3 semaphorin E (Sema3E) in adipose tissue inflammation and insulin resistance...
- Ehrman L, Mu X, Waclaw R, Yoshida Y, Vorhees C, Klein W, et al. The LIM homeobox gene Isl1 is required for the correct development of the striatonigral pathway in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E4026-35 pubmed publisher..bordering the internal capsule for the normal development of the striatonigral pathway involving PlexinD1-Semaphorin 3e (Sema3e) signaling...
- Lamballe F, Genestine M, Caruso N, Arce V, Richelme S, Helmbacher F, et al. Pool-specific regulation of motor neuron survival by neurotrophic support. J Neurosci. 2011;31:11144-58 pubmed publisher..They also provide a model for one way in which the multiplicity of neurotrophic factors may allow for regulation of MN numbers in a pool-specific manner. ..
- Meadows S, Fletcher P, Moran C, Xu K, Neufeld G, Chauvet S, et al. Integration of repulsive guidance cues generates avascular zones that shape mammalian blood vessels. Circ Res. 2012;110:34-46 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that Semaphorin3E (Sema3E) is a key factor that shapes the paired dorsal aortae in mouse, as sema3E(-/-) embryos develop an abnormally ..
- Lillesaar C, Fried K. Neurites from trigeminal ganglion explants grown in vitro are repelled or attracted by tooth-related tissues depending on developmental stage. Neuroscience. 2004;125:149-61 pubmed..We conclude that developing mandibular/dental mesenchyme can inhibit/repel neurite growth in vitro. Our results support the hypothesis that semaphorins may be involved in this interaction. ..
- Ruiz de Almodovar C, Fabre P, Knevels E, Coulon C, Segura I, Haddick P, et al. VEGF mediates commissural axon chemoattraction through its receptor Flk1. Neuron. 2011;70:966-78 pubmed publisher..Similar to Shh and Netrin-1, VEGF-mediated commissural axon guidance requires the activity of Src family kinases. Our results identify VEGF and Flk1 as a novel ligand/receptor pair controlling commissural axon guidance. ..
- Movassagh H, Shan L, Mohammed A, Halayko A, Gounni A. Semaphorin 3E Deficiency Exacerbates Airway Inflammation, Hyperresponsiveness, and Remodeling in a Mouse Model of Allergic Asthma. J Immunol. 2017;198:1805-1814 pubmed publisherb>Semaphorin 3E (Sema3E) plays a crucial role in axon guidance, vascular patterning, and immune regulation. Nevertheless, the role of Sema3E in asthma is still elusive...
- Payne S, Burney M, McCue K, Popal N, Davidson S, Anderson R, et al. A critical role for the chromatin remodeller CHD7 in anterior mesoderm during cardiovascular development. Dev Biol. 2015;405:82-95 pubmed publisher..This work therefore reveals the importance of CHD7 in the cardiogenic mesoderm for multiple processes during cardiovascular development. ..
- Cariboni A, AndrÃ© V, Chauvet S, Cassatella D, Davidson K, Caramello A, et al. Dysfunctional SEMA3E signaling underlies gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuron deficiency in Kallmann syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2413-28 pubmed publisher..a combination of exome sequencing and computational modeling, we have identified a shared point mutation in semaphorin 3E (SEMA3E) in 2 brothers with Kallmann syndrome (KS), which causes inherited GnRH deficiency...
- Jiang Q, Arnold S, Heanue T, Kilambi K, Doan B, Kapoor A, et al. Functional loss of semaphorin 3C and/or semaphorin 3D and their epistatic interaction with ret are critical to Hirschsprung disease liability. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;96:581-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, semaphorin 3C/3D signaling is an evolutionarily conserved regulator of ENS development whose dys-regulation is a cause of enteric aganglionosis. ..
- Cohen S, Funkelstein L, Livet J, Rougon G, Henderson C, Castellani V, et al. A semaphorin code defines subpopulations of spinal motor neurons during mouse development. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1767-76 pubmed..These findings lead us to propose that semaphorins and their receptors might play important roles in the sorting of motor pools and the patterning of their afferent and efferent projections. ..
- Bellon A, Luchino J, Haigh K, Rougon G, Haigh J, Chauvet S, et al. VEGFR2 (KDR/Flk1) signaling mediates axon growth in response to semaphorin 3E in the developing brain. Neuron. 2010;66:205-19 pubmed publisher..by neurons of the subiculum and mediates axonal elongation in response to the semaphorin (Sema) family molecule, Sema3E. We further show that VEGFR2 associates with the PlexinD1/Neuropilin-1 (Nrp1) receptor complex for Sema3E and ..
- Hughes A, Kleine Albers J, Helfrich M, Ralston S, Rogers M. A class III semaphorin (Sema3e) inhibits mouse osteoblast migration and decreases osteoclast formation in vitro. Calcif Tissue Int. 2012;90:151-62 pubmed publisher..and are differentially regulated by cell growth and differentiation: Sema3d expression is increased and Sema3e expression decreased during proliferation in culture, while expression of Sema3a is unaffected by cell density but ..
- Deloulme J, Gory FaurÃ© S, Mauconduit F, Chauvet S, Jonckheere J, Boulan B, et al. Microtubule-associated protein 6 mediates neuronal connectivity through Semaphorin 3E-dependent signalling for axonal growth. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7246 pubmed publisher..MAP6 contributes to fornix development by regulating axonal elongation induced by Semaphorin 3E. We show that MAP6 acts downstream of receptor activation through a mechanism that requires a proline-rich ..
- Erskine L, Reijntjes S, Pratt T, Denti L, Schwarz Q, Vieira J, et al. VEGF signaling through neuropilin 1 guides commissural axon crossing at the optic chiasm. Neuron. 2011;70:951-65 pubmed publisher..These findings have identified a permissive midline signal for axons at the chiasm midline and provide in vivo evidence that VEGF-A is an essential axon guidance cue. ..