Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Selplg
Description: selectin, platelet (p-selectin) ligand
Alias: CD162, Psgl-1, Psgl1, Selp1, Selpl, P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1, selectin P ligand
- Wang H, Wang J, Zhang L, Geng Z, Xu W, Xu T, et al. P-selectin primes leukocyte integrin activation during inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:882-92 pubmed..Our data demonstrate the functional importance of this newly identified signaling pathway mediated by P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1. ..
- Zarbock A, Lowell C, Ley K. Spleen tyrosine kinase Syk is necessary for E-selectin-induced alpha(L)beta(2) integrin-mediated rolling on intercellular adhesion molecule-1. Immunity. 2007;26:773-83 pubmed..Neutrophil recruitment in a thioglycollate-induced peritonitis model was almost completely inhibited in Selplg(-/-) mice or Syk(-/-) bone-marrow chimeras treated with pertussis toxin...
- Hidalgo A, Peired A, Wild M, Vestweber D, Frenette P. Complete identification of E-selectin ligands on neutrophils reveals distinct functions of PSGL-1, ESL-1, and CD44. Immunity. 2007;26:477-489 pubmed publisher..These results suggest distinct and dynamic contributions of these three glycoproteins in selectin-mediated neutrophil adhesion and signaling. ..
- Rossi F, Corbel S, Merzaban J, Carlow D, Gossens K, Duenas J, et al. Recruitment of adult thymic progenitors is regulated by P-selectin and its ligand PSGL-1. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:626-34 pubmed..Furthermore, the number of resident thymic progenitors controls thymic expression of P-selectin, suggesting that regulation of P-selectin expression by a thymic 'niche occupancy sensor' may be used to direct progenitor access. ..
- Mori M, Salter J, Vowinkel T, Krieglstein C, Stokes K, Granger D. Molecular determinants of the prothrombogenic phenotype assumed by inflamed colonic venules. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005;288:G920-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate that colonic inflammation is associated with the induction of a prothrombogenic phenotype in the colonic microcirculation, with P-selectin and its ligand PSGL-1 playing a major role in the recruitment of platelets. ..
- Smith M, Olson T, Ley K. CXCR2- and E-selectin-induced neutrophil arrest during inflammation in vivo. J Exp Med. 2004;200:935-9 pubmed..These data show that E-selectin- and chemokine-mediated arrest mechanisms are overlapping in this model and identify CXCR2 as an important neutrophil arrest chemokine in vivo. ..
- Alcaide P, King S, Dimitroff C, Lim Y, Fuhlbrigge R, Luscinskas F. The 130-kDa glycoform of CD43 functions as an E-selectin ligand for activated Th1 cells in vitro and in delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2007;127:1964-72 pubmed..These results demonstrate that both PSGL-1 and CD43 are major E-selectin ligands and are likely to be important during leukocyte recruitment in the development of inflammatory reactions. ..
- Kawar Z, Johnson T, Natunen S, Lowe J, Cummings R. PSGL-1 from the murine leukocytic cell line WEHI-3 is enriched for core 2-based O-glycans with sialyl Lewis x antigen. Glycobiology. 2008;18:441-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that WEHI-3 cells selectively fucosylate PSGL-1 to generate functionally important core 2-based O-glycans containing the SLe(x) antigen. ..
- Sperandio M, Smith M, Forlow S, Olson T, Xia L, McEver R, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 mediates L-selectin-dependent leukocyte rolling in venules. J Exp Med. 2003;197:1355-63 pubmed..L-selectin binding to PSGL-1 initiates tethering events that enable L-selectin-independent leukocyte-endothelial interactions. These findings provide a molecular mechanism for the inflammatory defects seen in L-selectin-deficient mice. ..
- Katayama Y, Hidalgo A, Furie B, Vestweber D, Furie B, Frenette P. PSGL-1 participates in E-selectin-mediated progenitor homing to bone marrow: evidence for cooperation between E-selectin ligands and alpha4 integrin. Blood. 2003;102:2060-7 pubmed..Our results thus underscore a major difference between mature myeloid cells and immature stem/progenitor cells in that E-selectin ligands cooperate with alpha4 integrin rather than P-selectin ligands. ..
- Hirata T, Furie B, Furie B. P-, E-, and L-selectin mediate migration of activated CD8+ T lymphocytes into inflamed skin. J Immunol. 2002;169:4307-13 pubmed..P- and E-selectin-independent migration of Tc1 cells into the inflamed skin was predominantly mediated by L-selectin. These observations indicate that all three selectins can mediate Tc1 cell migration into the inflamed skin. ..
- Hirata T, Merrill Skoloff G, Aab M, Yang J, Furie B, Furie B. P-Selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 (PSGL-1) is a physiological ligand for E-selectin in mediating T helper 1 lymphocyte migration. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1669-76 pubmed..These data provide evidence that PSGL-1 on Th1 cells functions as one of the E-selectin ligands in vivo. ..
- Xu H, Manivannan A, Jiang H, Liversidge J, Sharp P, Forrester J, et al. Recruitment of IFN-gamma-producing (Th1-like) cells into the inflamed retina in vivo is preferentially regulated by P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1:P/E-selectin interactions. J Immunol. 2004;172:3215-24 pubmed..We suggest that random trafficking of activated T cells (both Th1 and Th2) across the blood-retina barrier is mediated by CD44:CD44R and LFA-1:ICAM-1, whereas preferential recruitment of Th1 cells is mediated by PSGL-1:P/E-selectin...
- Miner J, Xia L, Yago T, Kappelmayer J, Liu Z, Klopocki A, et al. Separable requirements for cytoplasmic domain of PSGL-1 in leukocyte rolling and signaling under flow. Blood. 2008;112:2035-45 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the PSGL-1 cytoplasmic domain is dispensable for leukocyte rolling on P-selectin but is essential to activate beta2 integrins to slow rolling on ICAM-1. ..
- Veerman K, Williams M, Uchimura K, Singer M, Merzaban J, Naus S, et al. Interaction of the selectin ligand PSGL-1 with chemokines CCL21 and CCL19 facilitates efficient homing of T cells to secondary lymphoid organs. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:532-9 pubmed..Our data show involvement of PSGL-1 in facilitating the entry of T cells into secondary lymphoid organs, thereby demonstrating the bifunctional nature of this molecule. ..
- Rivera Nieves J, Burcin T, Olson T, Morris M, McDuffie M, Cominelli F, et al. Critical role of endothelial P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 in chronic murine ileitis. J Exp Med. 2006;203:907-17 pubmed..Thus, the multiple roles of PSGL-1 may explain why targeting this single adhesion molecule results in attenuation of chronic murine ileitis, a disease previously resistant to antiadhesion molecule strategies. ..
- Ostanin D, Furr K, Pavlick K, Gray L, Kevil C, Shukla D, et al. T cell-associated CD18 but not CD62L, ICAM-1, or PSGL-1 is required for the induction of chronic colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1706-14 pubmed..We conclude that T cell-associated CD18, but not CD62L, ICAM-1, or PSGL-1, is required for the development of chronic colitis. ..
- An G, Wang H, Tang R, Yago T, McDaniel J, McGee S, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 is highly expressed on Ly-6Chi monocytes and a major determinant for Ly-6Chi monocyte recruitment to sites of atherosclerosis in mice. Circulation. 2008;117:3227-37 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that PSGL-1 is a new marker for Ly-6C(hi) monocytes and a major determinant for Ly-6C(hi) cell recruitment to sites of atherosclerosis in mice. ..
- Yang J, Galipeau J, Kozak C, Furie B, Furie B. Mouse P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1: molecular cloning, chromosomal localization, and expression of a functional P-selectin receptor. Blood. 1996;87:4176-86 pubmed..The mouse PSGL-1 gene, Selpl, was mapped to a position on mouse chromosome 5 (Chr 5)...
- Chen S, Huang C, Chien C, Jeng C, Su H, Chiang E, et al. Cross-linking of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 induces death of activated T cells. Blood. 2004;104:3233-42 pubmed..Here, we demonstrate for the first time that P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1) or CD162 molecules cross-linked by an anti-PSGL-1 monoclonal antibody, TAB4, can trigger a death signal in activated T ..
- Mazo I, Honczarenko M, Leung H, Cavanagh L, Bonasio R, Weninger W, et al. Bone marrow is a major reservoir and site of recruitment for central memory CD8+ T cells. Immunity. 2005;22:259-70 pubmed..Thus, the BM functions as a major reservoir for TCMs by providing specific recruitment signals that act in sequence to mediate the constitutive recruitment of TCMs from the blood. ..
- Liu G, Liang B, Song X, Bai R, Qin W, Sun X, et al. P?selectin increases angiotensin II?induced cardiac inflammation and fibrosis via platelet activation. Mol Med Rep. 2016;13:5021-8 pubmed publisher..The results from the present study suggest that activated platelets secrete P?selectin to promote cardiac inflammation and fibrosis in Ang II?induced hypertension. ..
- Hoffmann U, Pink M, Lauer U, Heimesaat M, Winsauer C, Kruglov A, et al. Regulation and migratory role of P-selectin ligands during intestinal inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62055 pubmed publisher..While RA impeded the induction of fucosyltransferase-VII it did not affect IL-12-dependent C2GlcNAcT-I induction suggesting that C2GlcNAcT-I can support P-lig expression even if fucosyltransferase-VII mRNA upregulation is dampened. ..
- Harakawa N, Shigeta A, Wato M, Merrill Skoloff G, Furie B, Furie B, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 mediates L-selectin-independent leukocyte rolling in high endothelial venules of peripheral lymph nodes. Int Immunol. 2007;19:321-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that the interaction of PSGL-1 with P-selectin constitutes a second mechanism of leukocyte rolling in the HEVs of peripheral LNs. ..
- Eom H, Rubio M, Means T, Luster A, Sykes M. T-cell P/E-selectin ligand alpha(1,3)fucosylation is not required for graft-vs-host disease induction. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1564-73 pubmed..These results suggest that donor T cells, including Th1, are capable of trafficking to GVHD target tissues independently of P- and E- selectin ligand in conditioned hosts. ..
- Piccio L, Rossi B, Colantonio L, Grenningloh R, Gho A, Ottoboni L, et al. Efficient recruitment of lymphocytes in inflamed brain venules requires expression of cutaneous lymphocyte antigen and fucosyltransferase-VII. J Immunol. 2005;174:5805-13 pubmed..These observations allow us to conclude that efficient recruitment of activated lymphocytes to the brain in the contexts mimicking EAE is controlled by FucT-VII and its cognate cell surface Ag CLA. ..
- Luo W, Wang H, Ohman M, Guo C, Shi K, Wang J, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 deficiency leads to cytokine resistance and protection against atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E deficient mice. Atherosclerosis. 2012;220:110-7 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that Psgl-1 deficiency leads to reduced atherosclerosis and adhesive interactions between endothelial cells and leukocytes by indirectly regulating endothelial responses to cytokine stimulation. ..
- Westmuckett A, Thacker K, Moore K. Tyrosine sulfation of native mouse Psgl-1 is required for optimal leukocyte rolling on P-selectin in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20406 pubmed publisher..These findings provide direct and convincing evidence that tyrosine sulfation is required for optimal function of mouse Psgl-1 in vivo and suggests that tyrosine sulfation of Psgl-1 contributes to the development of atherosclerosis. ..
- Raes G, Ghassabeh G, Brys L, Mpofu N, Verschueren H, Vanhecke D, et al. The metastatic T-cell hybridoma antigen/P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 is required for hematogenous metastasis of lymphomas. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:2646-52 pubmed
- He X, Schoeb T, Panoskaltsis Mortari A, Zinn K, Kesterson R, Zhang J, et al. Deficiency of P-selectin or P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 leads to accelerated development of glomerulonephritis and increased expression of CC chemokine ligand 2 in lupus-prone mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:8748-56 pubmed
- Shigeta A, Matsumoto M, Tedder T, Lowe J, Miyasaka M, Hirata T. An L-selectin ligand distinct from P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 is expressed on endothelial cells and promotes neutrophil rolling in inflammation. Blood. 2008;112:4915-23 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for the existence of an L-selectin ligand distinct from PSGL-1 in inflammation and indicate that such a ligand is expressed on endothelial cells, promoting neutrophil rolling in vivo. ..
- Foubert P, Silvestre J, Souttou B, Barateau V, Martin C, Ebrahimian T, et al. PSGL-1-mediated activation of EphB4 increases the proangiogenic potential of endothelial progenitor cells. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:1527-37 pubmed..Therefore, activation of EphB4 is an innovative and potentially valuable therapeutic strategy for improving the recruitment of EPCs to sites of neovascularization and thereby the efficiency of cell-based proangiogenic therapy. ..
- Chu Y, Schmitz S, Choudhury B, Telford W, Kapoor V, Garfield S, et al. Exogenous insulin-like growth factor 1 enhances thymopoiesis predominantly through thymic epithelial cell expansion. Blood. 2008;112:2836-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the critical point thymic function regulation by IGF-1 involves TEC expansion regulating thymocyte precursor entry and facilitating thymocyte development. ..
- Sultana D, Zhang S, Todd S, Bhandoola A. Expression of functional P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 on hematopoietic progenitors is developmentally regulated. J Immunol. 2012;188:4385-93 pubmed publisher..These studies provide insight into the developmentally regulated expression of a critical determinant involved in progenitor homing to the thymus. ..
- Dold S, Laschke M, Zhau Y, Schilling M, Menger M, Jeppsson B, et al. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1-mediated leukocyte recruitment regulates hepatocellular damage in acute obstructive cholestasis in mice. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:291-8 pubmed publisher..Consequently, interference with PSGL-1 attenuates cholestasis-provoked leukocyte adhesion and extravasation in the liver. Thus, inhibition of PSGL-1 may help to protect against hepatocellular damage in cholestatic diseases. ..
- Shao B, Wahrenbrock M, Yao L, David T, Coughlin S, Xia L, et al. Carcinoma mucins trigger reciprocal activation of platelets and neutrophils in a murine model of Trousseau syndrome. Blood. 2011;118:4015-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, carcinoma mucins promote thrombosis through adhesion-dependent, bidirectional signaling in neutrophils and platelets. ..
- Krause D, Lazarides K, Lewis J, von Andrian U, Van Etten R. Selectins and their ligands are required for homing and engraftment of BCR-ABL1+ leukemic stem cells in the bone marrow niche. Blood. 2014;123:1361-71 pubmed publisher..Selectin blockade is a novel strategy to exploit differences between normal and leukemic stem cells that may be beneficial in autologous transplantation for CML and perhaps other leukemias. ..
- Matsumoto M, Shigeta A, Miyasaka M, Hirata T. CD43 plays both antiadhesive and proadhesive roles in neutrophil rolling in a context-dependent manner. J Immunol. 2008;181:3628-35 pubmed
- Zanardo R, Bonder C, Hwang J, Andonegui G, Liu L, Vestweber D, et al. A down-regulatable E-selectin ligand is functionally important for PSGL-1-independent leukocyte-endothelial cell interactions. Blood. 2004;104:3766-73 pubmed..In conclusion, E-selectin mediates PSGL-1-dependent and independent rolling and the latter can be down-regulated by systemic activation and can replace PSGL-1 to support the development of inflammation. ..
- Zlotoff D, Zhang S, De Obaldia M, Hess P, Todd S, Logan T, et al. Delivery of progenitors to the thymus limits T-lineage reconstitution after bone marrow transplantation. Blood. 2011;118:1962-70 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that thymic recovery is limited by the number of progenitors entering the thymus after BMT. Hence, T-lineage reconstitution after BMT is limited by progenitor supply to the thymus. ..
- Tinoco R, Carrette F, Barraza M, Otero D, Magaña J, Bosenberg M, et al. PSGL-1 Is an Immune Checkpoint Regulator that Promotes T Cell Exhaustion. Immunity. 2016;44:1190-203 pubmed publisher..Thus, PSGL-1 plays a fundamental role in balancing viral control and immunopathology and also functions to regulate T cell responses in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Looney M, Nguyen J, Hu Y, Van Ziffle J, Lowell C, Matthay M. Platelet depletion and aspirin treatment protect mice in a two-event model of transfusion-related acute lung injury. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:3450-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data offer an explanation for the increased incidence of TRALI in patients with immune priming conditions, and we suggest what we believe to be a novel therapeutic approach. ..
- Santen S, Schramm R, Menger M, Wang Y, Jeppsson B, Thorlacius H. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 regulates chemokine-dependent leukocyte recruitment in colonic ischemia-reperfusion. Inflamm Res. 2007;56:452-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that targeting PSGL-1 may be an effective strategy to prevent I/R-induced inflammation in the colon. ..
- Gainers M, Descheny L, Barthel S, Liu L, Wurbel M, Dimitroff C. Skin-homing receptors on effector leukocytes are differentially sensitive to glyco-metabolic antagonism in allergic contact dermatitis. J Immunol. 2007;179:8509-18 pubmed
- Carlyon J, Akkoyunlu M, Xia L, Yago T, Wang T, Cummings R, et al. Murine neutrophils require alpha1,3-fucosylation but not PSGL-1 for productive infection with Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Blood. 2003;102:3387-95 pubmed..However, murine infection does not require neutrophil PSGL-1 expression, which has important implications for understanding how A phagocytophilum binds and infects neutrophils. ..
- Bae S, Shimizu K, Yozaki M, Yamaoka T, Akiyama Y, Yoshizaki A, et al. Involvement of L-selectin in contact hypersensitivity responses augmented by auditory stress. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:187-97 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that auditory stress enhances CH response and that the augmentation of this CH response might be mediated through L-selectin, but not through P- or E-selectin pathways. ..
- Bai X, Weitz J, Gross P. Leukocyte urokinase plasminogen activator receptor and PSGL1 play a role in endogenous arterial fibrinolysis. Thromb Haemost. 2009;102:1212-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, fibrin loss from microarteriolar thrombi is mediated, at least in part, by leukocyte-associated uPA in a process that requires leukocyte uPAR and PSGL-1. ..
- Dole V, Bergmeier W, Mitchell H, Eichenberger S, Wagner D. Activated platelets induce Weibel-Palade-body secretion and leukocyte rolling in vivo: role of P-selectin. Blood. 2005;106:2334-9 pubmed..We conclude that the presence of activated platelets in circulation promotes acute inflammation by stimulating secretion of Weibel-Palade bodies and P-selectin-mediated leukocyte rolling...
- Tchernychev B, Furie B, Furie B. Peritoneal macrophages express both P-selectin and PSGL-1. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:1145-55 pubmed..This is the first description of a leukocyte shown to express both P-selectin and PSGL-1. ..
- Nacher M, Blazquez A, Shao B, Matesanz A, Prophete C, Berin M, et al. Physiological contribution of CD44 as a ligand for E-Selectin during inflammatory T-cell recruitment. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2437-46 pubmed publisher..Our results identify additional mechanisms by which CD44 modulates the inflammatory response. ..
- Zhao C, Su E, Yang X, Gao Z, Li L, Wu H, et al. Important role of platelets in modulating endotoxin-induced lung inflammation in CFTR-deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82683 pubmed publisher..As such, targeting platelets might be an emerging strategy for dampening recurrent lung inflammation in cystic fibrosis patients. ..
- Han X, Wang S. Deficiency of Psgl-1 accelerates bleomycin (BLM)-induced lung fibrosis and inflammation in mice through activating PI3K/AKT. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:558-565 pubmed publisher..However, further experiments are still necessary to characterize the precise molecular mechanism of Psgl-1 in mice fibrosis. ..
- Shao B, Yago T, Setiadi H, Wang Y, Mehta D souza P, Fu J, et al. O-glycans direct selectin ligands to lipid rafts on leukocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:8661-6 pubmed publisher..Preassociation of these glycoproteins with rafts is required for signaling but not for movement to uropods. ..
- Becker K, Beckmann N, Adams C, Hessler G, Krämer M, Gulbins E, et al. Melanoma cell metastasis via P-selectin-mediated activation of acid sphingomyelinase in platelets. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2017;34:25-35 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that p38 MAPK acts downstream from P-selectin and is necessary for the secretion of Asm. ..
- Miszti Blasius K, Debreceni I, Felszeghy S, Dezso B, Kappelmayer J. Lack of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 protects mice from thrombosis after collagen/epinephrine challenge. Thromb Res. 2011;127:228-34 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to establish the role of PSGL-1 in thrombus formation by evaluating the response to thrombotic stimuli in wild type and PSGL-1 knockout mice...
- Urzainqui A, Martinez del Hoyo G, Lamana A, de la Fuente H, Barreiro O, Olazabal I, et al. Functional role of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1/P-selectin interaction in the generation of tolerogenic dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2007;179:7457-65 pubmed..Our data reveal an unexpected role of PSGL-1 on the tolerogenic function of DCs, and the regulation of the immune response. ..
- van Genderen H, Wielders S, Lindhout T, Reutelingsperger C. Rolling and adhesion of apoptotic monocytes is impaired by loss of functional cell surface-expressed P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:1611-7 pubmed..However, in contrast to TF, PSGL-1 shedding and loss of function, makes that apoptotic monocytes are unlikely involved in a thrombotic action because of their inability to adhere to an injured vessel wall or developing thrombus. ..
- Shao B, Yago T, Coghill P, Klopocki A, Mehta D souza P, Schmidtke D, et al. Signal-dependent slow leukocyte rolling does not require cytoskeletal anchorage of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1) or integrin ?L?2. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:19585-98 pubmed publisher..The cytoskeletal independence of PSGL-1-initiated, ?(L)?(2)-mediated slow rolling differs markedly from the cytoskeletal dependence of chemokine-initiated, ?(L)?(2)-mediated arrest. ..
- Gossens K, Naus S, Corbel S, Lin S, Rossi F, Kast J, et al. Thymic progenitor homing and lymphocyte homeostasis are linked via S1P-controlled expression of thymic P-selectin/CCL25. J Exp Med. 2009;206:761-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a model whereby thymic TCP importation is controlled by both early thymic niche occupancy and the peripheral lymphocyte pool via S1P. ..
- Ryzhov S, Solenkova N, Goldstein A, Lamparter M, Fleenor T, Young P, et al. Adenosine receptor-mediated adhesion of endothelial progenitors to cardiac microvascular endothelial cells. Circ Res. 2008;102:356-63 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for adenosine in vasculogenesis and its potential use to stimulate engraftment in cell-based therapies. ..
- Matsumoto M, Shigeta A, Furukawa Y, Tanaka T, Miyasaka M, Hirata T. CD43 collaborates with P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 to mediate E-selectin-dependent T cell migration into inflamed skin. J Immunol. 2007;178:2499-506 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that the CD43 expressed on activated T cells functions as an E-selectin ligand and thereby mediates T cell migration to inflamed sites, in collaboration with PSGL-1. ..
- Pruenster M, Kurz A, Chung K, Cao Ehlker X, Bieber S, Nussbaum C, et al. Extracellular MRP8/14 is a regulator of Î²2 integrin-dependent neutrophil slow rolling and adhesion. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6915 pubmed publisher..This extracellular activation loop reduces leukocyte rolling velocity and stimulates adhesion. Thus, we identify Mrp8/14 and TLR4 as important modulators of the leukocyte recruitment cascade during inflammation in vivo. ..
- Mangan P, O Quinn D, Harrington L, Bonder C, Kubes P, Kucik D, et al. Both Th1 and Th2 cells require P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 for optimal rolling on inflamed endothelium. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:1661-75 pubmed
- Falati S, Liu Q, Gross P, Merrill Skoloff G, Chou J, Vandendries E, et al. Accumulation of tissue factor into developing thrombi in vivo is dependent upon microparticle P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 and platelet P-selectin. J Exp Med. 2003;197:1585-98 pubmed..We propose that PSGL-1 plays a role in blood coagulation in addition to its known role in leukocyte trafficking. ..
- Matsumoto M, Miyasaka M, Hirata T. P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 negatively regulates T-cell immune responses. J Immunol. 2009;183:7204-11 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel regulatory role for PSGL-1 in T cell adhesion and proliferation and suggest that PSGL-1 negatively regulates T cell immune responses in vivo. ..
- Almulki L, Noda K, Amini R, Schering A, Garland R, Nakao S, et al. Surprising up-regulation of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1) in endotoxin-induced uveitis. FASEB J. 2009;23:929-39 pubmed publisher..The temporal overlap between PSGL-1 and P-selectin up-regulation reveals an as yet unrecognized collaboration between this receptor-ligand pair, increasing efficiency of the first steps of the leukocyte recruitment cascade. ..
- Gross P, Furie B, Merrill Skoloff G, Chou J, Furie B. Leukocyte-versus microparticle-mediated tissue factor transfer during arteriolar thrombus development. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:1318-26 pubmed..These results indicate that tissue factor derived from hematopoietic cells is delivered by microparticles during the initial phase of thrombus development in vivo. ..
- Carlow D, Williams M, Ziltener H. Inducing P-selectin ligand formation in CD8 T cells: IL-2 and IL-12 are active in vitro but not required in vivo. J Immunol. 2005;174:3959-66 pubmed