Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Selenbp1
Description: selenium binding protein 1
Alias: Lp56, Lpsb, SBP56, 56 kDa selenium-binding protein, SP56, selenium-binding protein 1
- Isolation, characterization, and chromosomal mapping of a novel cDNA clone encoding human selenium binding proteinP W Chang
Department of Biochemistry, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Cell Biochem 64:217-24. 1997We have isolated the full-length human 56 kDa selenium binding protein (hSP56) cDNA clone, which is the human homolog of mouse 56 kDa selenium binding protein...
- Transcriptional regulation and biological functions of selenium-binding protein 1 in colorectal cancer in vitro and in nude mouse xenograftsNicole M Pohl
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e7774. 2009..It has been shown that selenium-binding protein 1 (SBP1) is significantly downregulated in different human cancers. Its regulation and function have not yet been established...
- Selenium-binding protein 1: its physiological function, dependence on aryl hydrocarbon receptors, and role in wasting syndrome by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinSayuri Tsujimoto
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:3616-24. 2013Selenium-binding protein 1 (Selenbp1) is suggested to play a role in tumor suppression, and may be involved in the toxicity produced by dioxin, an activator of aryl hydrocarbon receptors (AhR)...
- DNA sequencing of a mouse liver protein that binds selenium: implications for selenium's mechanism of action in cancer preventionM P Bansal
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, Houston, TX
Carcinogenesis 11:2071-3. 1990..The two proteins that are readily labeled by selenium in many rodent tissues, SLP-56 and SLP-14, would fit into this category...
- Different patterns of regulation of the genes encoding the closely related 56 kDa selenium- and acetaminophen-binding proteins in normal tissues and during carcinogenesisJ Lanfear
Cancer Research Campaign Beatson Laboratories, Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Bearsden, Glasgow, UK
Carcinogenesis 14:335-40. 1993..of acetaminophen (AP56) has been cloned by virtue of its similarity to the 56 kDa selenium-binding protein (SP56): in fact, the deduced AP56 amino acid sequence differs at only 14 residues from SP56...
- Genes encoding the acetaminophen and selenium binding proteins map to mouse chromosome 3C L Navarro
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269, USA
Mamm Genome 7:919-20. 1996
- Fine mapping of Hyplip1 and the human homolog, a potential locus for FCHLP Pajukanta
UCLA, Department of Human Genetics, Gonda Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 7088, USA
Mamm Genome 12:238-45. 2001..Further studies identifying and sequencing the Hyplip1 gene will show whether the same gene predisposes to hyperlipidemia in human and mouse...
- A physical map of the genomic region on mouse chromosome 3 containing the hindshaker (hsh) mutationSaadia A Karim
Applied Neurobiology Group, Institute of Comparative Medicine, Veterinary School, United Kingdom
Genomics 83:225-30. 2004..Accordingly, our findings both map the area surrounding the hsh mutation and present important corrections to the current maps in an area rich in genes related to the nervous system...
- Phosphoproteome analysis of mouse liver using immobilized metal affinity purification and linear ion trap mass spectrometryWen Hai Jin
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116011, China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:2169-76. 2004..The use of the linear ion trap considerably enabled exploitation of nanoflow-HPLC/MS/MS, and in addition MS/MS/MS has great potential in phosphoproteome research of relatively complex samples...