Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sec23a
Description: SEC23 homolog A, COPII coat complex component
Alias: Msec23, Sec23r, protein transport protein Sec23A, SEC23-related protein A
- Wadhwa R, Kaul S, Komatsu Y, Ikawa Y, Sarai A, Sugimoto Y. Identification and differential expression of yeast SEC23-related gene (Msec23) in mouse tissues. FEBS Lett. 1993;315:193-6 pubmedWe have isolated a yeast SEC23-related clone (Msec23) from mouse fibroblast cDNA library. It has an open reading frame of 1721 bp (64% homologous to SEC23-2.3 kb) which can potentially encode a 64.7 kDa protein (61% homologous to 85...
- Saito A, Kanemoto S, Zhang Y, Asada R, Hino K, Imaizumi K. Chondrocyte proliferation regulated by secreted luminal domain of ER stress transducer BBF2H7/CREB3L2. Mol Cell. 2014;53:127-39 pubmed publisher..The dual N- and C-terminal functions of BBF2H7 triggered by physiological ER stress may allow chondrocytes to simultaneously regulate distinct cellular events for differentiation and proliferation in developing cartilage. ..
- Schindler A, Schekman R. In vitro reconstitution of ER-stress induced ATF6 transport in COPII vesicles. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:17775-80 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that unfolded proteins or an ER luminal -SH reactive bond controls BiP-ATF6 stability and access of ATF6 to the COPII budding machinery. ..
- Bell A, Ward M, Blackstock W, Freeman H, Choudhary J, Lewis A, et al. Proteomics characterization of abundant Golgi membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5152-65 pubmed
- Volta M, Bulfone A, Gattuso C, Rossi E, Mariani M, Consalez G, et al. Identification and characterization of CDS2, a mammalian homolog of the Drosophila CDP-diacylglycerol synthase gene. Genomics. 1999;55:68-77 pubmed..Knowledge of the expression pattern of these genes in mammals may shed light on the evolution of vision mechanisms and help in the evaluation of candidate genes for human retinopathies. ..
- Espenshade P, Li W, Yabe D. Sterols block binding of COPII proteins to SCAP, thereby controlling SCAP sorting in ER. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11694-9 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate feedback control of a biosynthetic pathway by the regulated binding of COPII proteins to an endoplasmic reticulum-to-Golgi transport protein...
- Tao J, Zhu M, Wang H, Afelik S, Vasievich M, Chen X, et al. SEC23B is required for the maintenance of murine professional secretory tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2001-9 pubmed publisher..Missense mutations in the human COPII paralogues SEC23A and SEC23B result in craniolenticulosutural dysplasia and congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type II, ..
- Yogo K, Mizutamari M, Mishima K, Takenouchi H, Ishida Kitagawa N, Sasaki T, et al. Src homology 2 (SH2)-containing 5'-inositol phosphatase localizes to podosomes, and the SH2 domain is implicated in the attenuation of bone resorption in osteoclasts. Endocrinology. 2006;147:3307-17 pubmed..These results demonstrate that c-Src enhances the translocation of SHIP to podosomes and regulates its function there through the SH2 domain, leading to an attenuation of bone resorption. ..
- Carding S, Allan W, McMickle A, Doherty P. Activation of cytokine genes in T cells during primary and secondary murine influenza pneumonia. J Exp Med. 1993;177:475-82 pubmed..If this response is typical, induction of cytokine gene expression for T cells that are not responding directly to the invading pathogen may be a prominent feature of acute virus infections. ..
- Tani K, Mizoguchi T, Iwamatsu A, Hatsuzawa K, Tagaya M. p125 is a novel mammalian Sec23p-interacting protein with structural similarity to phospholipid-modifying proteins. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:20505-12 pubmed..Overexpression of p125, like that of mammalian Sec23p, caused disorganization of the endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment and Golgi apparatus, suggesting its role in the early secretory pathway. ..
- Xue Y, Gao X, Lindsell C, Norton C, Chang B, Hicks C, et al. Embryonic lethality and vascular defects in mice lacking the Notch ligand Jagged1. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:723-30 pubmed..These results establish the phenotype of Cm /+ mice as a contiguous gene deletion syndrome and demonstrate that Jag1 is essential for remodeling of the embryonic vasculature. ..
- Valkova C, Albrizio M, Röder I, Schwake M, Betto R, Rudolf R, et al. Sorting receptor Rer1 controls surface expression of muscle acetylcholine receptors by ER retention of unassembled alpha-subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:621-5 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Rer1 is a functionally important unique factor that controls surface expression of muscle acetylcholine receptors by localizing unassembled ?-subunits to the early secretory pathway. ..
- Zhu M, Tao J, Vasievich M, Wei W, Zhu G, Khoriaty R, et al. Neural tube opening and abnormal extraembryonic membrane development in SEC23A deficient mice. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15471 pubmed publisher..Higher eukaryotes have two or more paralogs of most COPII components. Here we characterize mice deficient for SEC23A and studied interactions of Sec23a null allele with the previously reported Sec23b null allele...
- Khoriaty R, Everett L, Chase J, Zhu G, Hoenerhoff M, McKnight B, et al. Pancreatic SEC23B deficiency is sufficient to explain the perinatal lethality of germline SEC23B deficiency in mice. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27802 pubmed publisher..Mammalian genomes contain two Sec23 paralogs, Sec23A and Sec23B. The encoded proteins share ~85% amino acid sequence identity...