Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sdhb
Description: succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit B, iron sulfur (Ip)
Alias: 0710008N11Rik, succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] iron-sulfur subunit, mitochondrial, iron-sulfur subunit of complex II, succinate dehydrogenase complex subunit B
- Wiley S, Murphy A, Ross S, van der Geer P, Dixon J. MitoNEET is an iron-containing outer mitochondrial membrane protein that regulates oxidative capacity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5318-23 pubmed..Cardiac mitochondria isolated from mitoNEET-null mice demonstrate a reduced oxidative capacity, suggesting that mito- NEET is an important iron-containing protein involved in the control of maximal mitochondrial respiratory rates. ..
- Mao P, Ardeshiri A, Jacks R, Yang S, Hurn P, Alkayed N. Mitochondrial mechanism of neuroprotection by CART. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:624-32 pubmed..a potential direct interaction between CART and subunit B of the mitochondrial enzyme succinate dehydrogenase (SDHB)...
- Baumgart E, Vanhorebeek I, Grabenbauer M, Borgers M, Declercq P, Fahimi H, et al. Mitochondrial alterations caused by defective peroxisomal biogenesis in a mouse model for Zellweger syndrome (PEX5 knockout mouse). Am J Pathol. 2001;159:1477-94 pubmed
- Diaz F, Thomas C, Garcia S, Hernandez D, Moraes C. Mice lacking COX10 in skeletal muscle recapitulate the phenotype of progressive mitochondrial myopathies associated with cytochrome c oxidase deficiency. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2737-48 pubmed..This COX10 KO mouse allowed us to correlate the muscle function with residual COX activity, an estimate that can help predict the progression pattern of human mitochondrial myopathies...
- Odegaard J, Lee M, Sogawa Y, Bertholet A, Locksley R, Weinberg D, et al. Perinatal Licensing of Thermogenesis by IL-33 and ST2. Cell. 2016;166:841-854 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that IL-33 and ST2 function as a developmental switch to license thermogenesis during the perinatal period. PAPERCLIP. ..
- Finley L, Haas W, Desquiret Dumas V, Wallace D, Procaccio V, Gygi S, et al. Succinate dehydrogenase is a direct target of sirtuin 3 deacetylase activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23295 pubmed publisher..Two subunits of complex II (also known as succinate dehydrogenase, or SDH), SDHA and SDHB, interacted specifically with SIRT3...
- Letouze E, Martinelli C, Loriot C, Burnichon N, Abermil N, Ottolenghi C, et al. SDH mutations establish a hypermethylator phenotype in paraganglioma. Cancer Cell. 2013;23:739-52 pubmed publisher..Epigenetic silencing was particularly severe in SDHB-mutated tumors, potentially explaining their malignancy...
- Ishihara T, Ban Ishihara R, Maeda M, Matsunaga Y, Ichimura A, Kyogoku S, et al. Dynamics of mitochondrial DNA nucleoids regulated by mitochondrial fission is essential for maintenance of homogeneously active mitochondria during neonatal heart development. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:211-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, the dynamics of mtDNA nucleoids regulated by mitochondrial fission is required for neonatal cardiomyocyte development by promoting homogeneous distribution of active mitochondria throughout the cardiomyocytes. ..
- Lepoutre Lussey C, Thibault C, Buffet A, Morin A, Badoual C, BÃ©nit P, et al. From Nf1 to Sdhb knockout: Successes and failures in the quest for animal models of pheochromocytoma. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;421:40-8 pubmed publisher..In this review, we present an overview of existing, successful or not, PPGL models, and a description of our own experience on the quest of Sdhb knockout mouse models of PPGL.
- Schilling B, Murray J, Yoo C, Row R, Cusack M, Capaldi R, et al. Proteomic analysis of succinate dehydrogenase and ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase (Complex II and III) isolated by immunoprecipitation from bovine and mouse heart mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1762:213-22 pubmed..The identification of several posttranslational modifications, including the covalent FAD modification of flavoprotein subunit 1 from Complex II, was possible due to high mass spectrometric sequence coverage. ..