Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sdha
Description: succinate dehydrogenase complex, subunit A, flavoprotein (Fp)
Alias: 1500032O14Rik, 2310034D06Rik, 4921513A11, C81073, SDH2, SDHF, succinate dehydrogenase [ubiquinone] flavoprotein subunit, mitochondrial, flavoprotein subunit of complex II
- Ishihara T, Ban Ishihara R, Maeda M, Matsunaga Y, Ichimura A, Kyogoku S, et al. Dynamics of mitochondrial DNA nucleoids regulated by mitochondrial fission is essential for maintenance of homogeneously active mitochondria during neonatal heart development. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:211-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, the dynamics of mtDNA nucleoids regulated by mitochondrial fission is required for neonatal cardiomyocyte development by promoting homogeneous distribution of active mitochondria throughout the cardiomyocytes. ..
- Lee K, Singh M, Ussar S, Wetzel P, Hirshman M, Goodyear L, et al. Tbx15 controls skeletal muscle fibre-type determination and muscle metabolism. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8054 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tbx15 is one of a limited number of transcription factors to be identified with a critical role in regulating glycolytic fibre identity and muscle metabolism. ..
- Chen H, Chen W, Yan W, Huang Y, Chang S, Fu W, et al. NRIP is newly identified as a Z-disc protein, activating calmodulin signaling for skeletal muscle contraction and regeneration. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:4196-209 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, NRIP is a novel Z-disc protein that is important for skeletal muscle strength and regenerative capacity. ..
- Hilander T, Zhou X, Konovalova S, Zhang F, Euro L, Chilov D, et al. Editing activity for eliminating mischarged tRNAs is essential in mammalian mitochondria. Nucleic Acids Res. 2018;46:849-860 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that tRNA proofreading is essential in mammalian mitochondria, and cannot be overcome by other quality control mechanisms. ..
- Schilling B, Murray J, Yoo C, Row R, Cusack M, Capaldi R, et al. Proteomic analysis of succinate dehydrogenase and ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase (Complex II and III) isolated by immunoprecipitation from bovine and mouse heart mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1762:213-22 pubmed..The identification of several posttranslational modifications, including the covalent FAD modification of flavoprotein subunit 1 from Complex II, was possible due to high mass spectrometric sequence coverage. ..
- Finley L, Haas W, Desquiret Dumas V, Wallace D, Procaccio V, Gygi S, et al. Succinate dehydrogenase is a direct target of sirtuin 3 deacetylase activity. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23295 pubmed publisher..Two subunits of complex II (also known as succinate dehydrogenase, or SDH), SDHA and SDHB, interacted specifically with SIRT3...