Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Sav1
Description: salvador family WW domain containing 1
Alias: 1700040G09Rik, Salv, Sav, WW45, Wwp3, Wwp4, protein salvador homolog 1, 45 kDa WW domain protein, WW domain-containing protein 3, WW domain-containing protein 4, salvador homolog 1
- Cai J, Maitra A, Anders R, Taketo M, Pan D. Î²-Catenin destruction complex-independent regulation of Hippo-YAP signaling by APC in intestinal tumorigenesis. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1493-506 pubmed publisher..We show that APC functions as a scaffold protein that facilitates the Hippo kinase cascade by interacting with Sav1 and Lats1...
- Morikawa Y, Zhang M, Heallen T, Leach J, Tao G, Xiao Y, et al. Actin cytoskeletal remodeling with protrusion formation is essential for heart regeneration in Hippo-deficient mice. Sci Signal. 2015;8:ra41 pubmed publisher..Thus, blocking the Hippo pathway input to Yap may tip the balance so that Yap responds to mechanical changes associated with heart injury to promote repair. ..
- Reginensi A, Scott R, Gregorieff A, Bagherie Lachidan M, Chung C, Lim D, et al. Yap- and Cdc42-dependent nephrogenesis and morphogenesis during mouse kidney development. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003380 pubmed publisher..We propose that Yap responds to Cdc42-dependent signals in nephron progenitor cells to activate a genetic program required to shape the functioning nephron. ..
- Park B, Kim D, Won G, Jeon H, Oh B, Lee Y, et al. Mammalian ste20-like kinase and SAV1 promote 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiation by activation of PPAR?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30983 pubmed publisher..We sought to understand the role of MST2 kinase and Salvador homolog 1 (SAV1), a scaffolding protein that functions in the MST pathway, in adipocyte differentiation...
- Song J, Lee J, Joe C, Lim D, Chung J. Retrotransposon-specific DNA hypomethylation and two-step loss-of-imprinting during WW45 haploinsufficiency-induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:728-34 pubmed publisher..b>WW45-haploinsufficient (WW45(+/-)) mice developed liver cancer after 12 months due to dysregulation of the Hippo pathway ..
- Cai J, Zhang N, Zheng Y, de Wilde R, Maitra A, Pan D. The Hippo signaling pathway restricts the oncogenic potential of an intestinal regeneration program. Genes Dev. 2010;24:2383-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the YAP oncoprotein must be exquisitely controlled in tissue regeneration to allow compensatory proliferation and prevent the intrinsic oncogenic potential of a tissue regeneration program. ..
- Lee K, Lee J, Kim T, Kim T, Park H, Byun J, et al. The Hippo-Salvador pathway restrains hepatic oval cell proliferation, liver size, and liver tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:8248-53 pubmed publisher..We now show that mice with liver-specific ablation of WW45 (a homolog of Drosophila Salvador and adaptor for the Hippo kinase) manifest increased liver size and expansion of ..
- Fujii K, Shi Z, Zhulyn O, Denans N, Barna M. Pervasive translational regulation of the cell signalling circuitry underlies mammalian development. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14443 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this work reveals a new layer of translational control to major signalling components and gene regulatory networks that diversifies gene expression spatially across developing tissues. ..
- Leach J, Heallen T, Zhang M, Rahmani M, Morikawa Y, Hill M, et al. Hippo pathway deficiency reverses systolic heart failure after infarction. Nature. 2017;550:260-264 pubmed publisher..Here we show that deletion of the Hippo pathway component Salvador (Salv) in mouse hearts with established ischaemic heart failure after myocardial infarction induces a reparative genetic ..
- Leung J, Wilson H, Voltzke K, Williams L, Lee H, Wobker S, et al. Sav1 Loss Induces Senescence and Stat3 Activation Coinciding with Tubulointerstitial Fibrosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Here we show that conditional inactivation of Sav1 in the mouse renal epithelium resulted in upregulated expression of profibrotic genes and TIF...