Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Satb2
Description: special AT-rich sequence binding protein 2
Alias: mKIAA1034, DNA-binding protein SATB2, KIAA1034-like DNA binding protein, two cut domains-containing homeodomain protein
- Savarese F, Davila A, Nechanitzky R, De La Rosa Velazquez I, Pereira C, Engelke R, et al. Satb1 and Satb2 regulate embryonic stem cell differentiation and Nanog expression. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2625-38 pubmed publisherSatb1 and the closely related Satb2 proteins regulate gene expression and higher-order chromatin structure of multigene clusters in vivo...
- Dobreva G, Chahrour M, Dautzenberg M, Chirivella L, Kanzler B, Farinas I, et al. SATB2 is a multifunctional determinant of craniofacial patterning and osteoblast differentiation. Cell. 2006;125:971-86 pubmed..Here, we show that Satb2, encoding a nuclear matrix protein, is expressed in branchial arches and in cells of the osteoblast lineage...
- Chou S, Perez Garcia C, Kroll T, O Leary D. Lhx2 specifies regional fate in Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors generating cerebral cortex. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:1381-9 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a genetic mechanism for determining regional-fate in the Emx1 lineage of telencephalic progenitors that generate cerebral cortex. ..
- Britanova O, de Juan Romero C, Cheung A, Kwan K, Schwark M, Gyorgy A, et al. Satb2 is a postmitotic determinant for upper-layer neuron specification in the neocortex. Neuron. 2008;57:378-92 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the expression of the AT-rich DNA-binding protein Satb2 defines two subclasses of UL neurons: UL1 (Satb2 positive) and UL2 (Satb2 negative)...
- Srinivasan K, Leone D, Bateson R, Dobreva G, KOHWI Y, Kohwi Shigematsu T, et al. A network of genetic repression and derepression specifies projection fates in the developing neocortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:19071-8 pubmed publisherNeurons within each layer in the mammalian cortex have stereotypic projections. Four genes-Fezf2, Ctip2, Tbr1, and Satb2-regulate these projection identities...
- Hassan M, Gordon J, Beloti M, Croce C, Van Wijnen A, Stein J, et al. A network connecting Runx2, SATB2, and the miR-23a~27a~24-2 cluster regulates the osteoblast differentiation program. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19879-84 pubmed publisher..biological significance of Runx2 repression of this miR cluster is that each miR directly targets the 3' UTR of SATB2, which is known to synergize with Runx2 to facilitate bone formation...
- Britanova O, Depew M, Schwark M, Thomas B, Miletich I, Sharpe P, et al. Satb2 haploinsufficiency phenocopies 2q32-q33 deletions, whereas loss suggests a fundamental role in the coordination of jaw development. Am J Hum Genet. 2006;79:668-78 pubmedThe recent identification of SATB2 as a candidate gene responsible for the craniofacial dysmorphologies associated with deletions and translocations at 2q32-q33, one of only three regions of the genome for which haploinsufficiency has ..
- Britanova O, Alifragis P, Junek S, Jones K, Gruss P, Tarabykin V. A novel mode of tangential migration of cortical projection neurons. Dev Biol. 2006;298:299-311 pubmed..revealed that these neurons are derived from Emx1+ cortical progenitors and express the transcription factor Satb2 but do not express GABA or Olig1...
- Georgala P, Manuel M, Price D. The generation of superficial cortical layers is regulated by levels of the transcription factor Pax6. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:81-94 pubmed publisher..Our analyses suggest that correct levels of Pax6 are essential for normal production of superficial layers of the cortex. ..
- Lu T, Chen R, Cox T, Moldrich R, Kurniawan N, Tan G, et al. X-linked microtubule-associated protein, Mid1, regulates axon development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19131-6 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that Mid1-dependent PP2Ac turnover is important for normal axonal development and that dysregulation of this process may contribute to the underlying cause of OS. ..
- Chung J, Grant R, Kaplan D, Irwin M. Special AT-rich binding protein-2 (SATB2) differentially affects disease-causing p63 mutant proteins. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40671-80 pubmed publisher..that AEC p63 mutations affect the ability of the p63 protein to interact with special AT-rich binding protein-2 (SATB2), which has recently also been implicated in the development of cleft palate...
- Nandi S, Gokhan S, Dai X, Wei S, Enikolopov G, Lin H, et al. The CSF-1 receptor ligands IL-34 and CSF-1 exhibit distinct developmental brain expression patterns and regulate neural progenitor cell maintenance and maturation. Dev Biol. 2012;367:100-13 pubmed publisher..Thus our results also indicate novel roles for the CSF-1R in the regulation of corticogenesis. ..
- Hilde K, Levine A, Hinckley C, Hayashi M, Montgomery J, Gullo M, et al. Satb2 Is Required for the Development of a Spinal Exteroceptive Microcircuit that Modulates Limb Position. Neuron. 2016;91:763-776 pubmed publisher..lamina V inhibitory sensory relay neurons marked during development by the nuclear matrix and DNA binding factor Satb2 (ISR(Satb2))...
- Insolera R, Bazzi H, Shao W, Anderson K, Shi S. Cortical neurogenesis in the absence of centrioles. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:1528-35 pubmed publisher..Our findings define the functions of centrioles in anchoring RGPs in the VZ and ensuring their efficient mitoses, and reveal the robust adaptability of RGPs in the developing cortex. ..
- Hsu L, Nam S, Cui Y, Chang C, Wang C, Kuo H, et al. Lhx2 regulates the timing of Î²-catenin-dependent cortical neurogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:12199-204 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that Lhx2 is required for Î²-catenin function in maintaining cortical progenitor proliferation and controls the timing of cortical neurogenesis. ..
- AlsiÃ¶ J, Tarchini B, Cayouette M, Livesey F. Ikaros promotes early-born neuronal fates in the cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E716-25 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Ikaros plays a similar role in regulating early temporal fates in the mammalian cerebral cortex as Ikaros/Hunchback proteins do in the Drosophila nerve cord. ..
- Cappello S, Böhringer C, Bergami M, Conzelmann K, Ghanem A, Tomassy G, et al. A radial glia-specific role of RhoA in double cortex formation. Neuron. 2012;73:911-24 pubmed publisher..These data not only demonstrate that RhoA is largely dispensable for migration in neurons but also showed that defects in radial glial cells, rather than neurons, can be sufficient to produce SBH. ..
- Dennis D, Wilkinson G, Li S, Dixit R, Adnani L, Balakrishnan A, et al. Neurog2 and Ascl1 together regulate a postmitotic derepression circuit to govern laminar fate specification in the murine neocortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E4934-E4943 pubmed publisherA derepression mode of cell-fate specification involving the transcriptional repressors Tbr1, Fezf2, Satb2, and Ctip2 operates in neocortical projection neurons to specify six layer identities in sequence...
- Alfano C, Viola L, Heng J, Pirozzi M, Clarkson M, Flore G, et al. COUP-TFI promotes radial migration and proper morphology of callosal projection neurons by repressing Rnd2 expression. Development. 2011;138:4685-97 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate that COUP-TFI modulates late-born neuron migration and favours proper differentiation of CPNs by finely regulating Rnd2 expression levels. ..
- Molyneaux B, Goff L, Brettler A, Chen H, Hrvatin S, Rinn J, et al. DeCoN: genome-wide analysis of in vivo transcriptional dynamics during pyramidal neuron fate selection in neocortex. Neuron. 2015;85:275-288 pubmed publisher..This multifaceted study generates a powerful resource and informs understanding of the transcriptional regulation underlying pyramidal neuron diversity in the neocortex. ..
- Zembrzycki A, Perez Garcia C, Wang C, Chou S, O Leary D. Postmitotic regulation of sensory area patterning in the mammalian neocortex by Lhx2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:6736-41 pubmed publisher..Our results reemphasize critical roles for Lhx2 that acts as one of the terminal selector genes in controlling principal properties of neurons. ..
- Daviaud N, Chen K, Huang Y, Friedel R, Zou H. Impaired cortical neurogenesis in plexin-B1 and -B2 double deletion mutant. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:882-99 pubmed publisher..2015 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 76: 882-899, 2016. ..
- Sentürk A, Pfennig S, Weiss A, Burk K, Acker Palmer A. Ephrin Bs are essential components of the Reelin pathway to regulate neuronal migration. Nature. 2011;472:356-60 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify ephrin Bs as essential components of the Reelin receptor/signalling pathway to control neuronal migration during the development of the nervous system. ..
- Lodato S, Rouaux C, Quast K, Jantrachotechatchawan C, Studer M, Hensch T, et al. Excitatory projection neuron subtypes control the distribution of local inhibitory interneurons in the cerebral cortex. Neuron. 2011;69:763-79 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that in the neocortex individual populations of projection neurons cell-extrinsically control the laminar fate of interneurons and the assembly of local inhibitory circuitry. ..
- Eguren M, Porlan E, Manchado E, Garcia Higuera I, Canamero M, Farinas I, et al. The APC/C cofactor Cdh1 prevents replicative stress and p53-dependent cell death in neural progenitors. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2880 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the inactivation of Cdh1 in vivo results in replicative stress, cell cycle arrest and cell death, supporting recent therapeutic proposals aimed to inhibit the APC/C in tumours. ..
- Pfurr S, Chu Y, Bohrer C, Greulich F, Beattie R, Mammadzada K, et al. The E2A splice variant E47 regulates the differentiation of projection neurons via p57(KIP2) during cortical development. Development. 2017;144:3917-3931 pubmed publisher..bHLH) transcription factor E2A splice variant E47 increased the number of Tbr1-positive deep layer and Satb2-positive upper layer neurons at E14...
- Bormuth I, Yan K, Yonemasu T, Gummert M, Zhang M, Wichert S, et al. Neuronal basic helix-loop-helix proteins Neurod2/6 regulate cortical commissure formation before midline interactions. J Neurosci. 2013;33:641-51 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a new stage in corpus callosum development and demonstrate that neocortical projection neurons require transcriptional specification by neuronal bHLH proteins to execute an intrinsic program of remote connectivity. ..
- Li X, Xiao J, FrÃ¶hlich H, Tu X, Li L, Xu Y, et al. Foxp1 regulates cortical radial migration and neuronal morphogenesis in developing cerebral cortex. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127671 pubmed publisher..This study may shed light on the complex relationship between neuronal development and the related cognitive disorders. ..
- Kraushar M, Thompson K, Wijeratne H, Viljetić B, Sakers K, Marson J, et al. Temporally defined neocortical translation and polysome assembly are determined by the RNA-binding protein Hu antigen R. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E3815-24 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a crucial role for HuR in neocortical development as a translational gatekeeper for functionally related mRNA subgroups and polysomal protein specificity. ..
- Louvi A, Nishimura S, Gunel M. Ccm3, a gene associated with cerebral cavernous malformations, is required for neuronal migration. Development. 2014;141:1404-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify a novel cytoplasmic regulator of neuronal migration and demonstrate that its inactivation in radial glia progenitors and nascent neurons produces severe malformations of cortical development. ..
- Olivares A, Han Y, Soto D, Flattery K, Marini J, Mollema N, et al. The nuclear hormone receptor gene Nr2c1 (Tr2) is a critical regulator of early retina cell patterning. Dev Biol. 2017;429:343-355 pubmed publisher..early cell transcription factors that regulate retinal progenitor cells during development, including amacrine (Satb2) and cone photoreceptor regulators thyroid and retinoic acid receptors...
- Nielsen J, Thomassen M, Møllgård K, Noraberg J, Jensen N. Zbtb20 defines a hippocampal neuronal identity through direct repression of genes that control projection neuron development in the isocortex. Cereb Cortex. 2014;24:1216-29 pubmed publisher..neuronal subtype specification in the developing isocortex, including Cux1, Cux2, Fezf2, Foxp2, Mef2c, Rorb, Satb2, Sox5, Tbr1, Tle4, and Zfpm2...
- Rosario M, Schuster S, Jüttner R, Parthasarathy S, Tarabykin V, Birchmeier W. Neocortical dendritic complexity is controlled during development by NOMA-GAP-dependent inhibition of Cdc42 and activation of cofilin. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1743-57 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a novel cell-intrinsic mechanism to regulate dendritic branching and thus neuronal complexity in the cerebral cortex. ..
- Krishnaswamy A, Yamagata M, Duan X, Hong Y, Sanes J. Sidekick 2 directs formation of a retinal circuit that detects differential motion. Nature. 2015;524:466-470 pubmed publisher..This non-canonical circuit introduces a delay into the pathway from photoreceptors in the centre of the receptive field to W3B-RGCs, which could improve their ability to judge the synchrony of local and global motion. ..
- Sessa A, Ciabatti E, Drechsel D, Massimino L, Colasante G, Giannelli S, et al. The Tbr2 Molecular Network Controls Cortical Neuronal Differentiation Through Complementary Genetic and Epigenetic Pathways. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:3378-3396 pubmed publisher..These data identify TBR2 as a major determinant of the INP-specific traits by regulating both genetic and epigenetic pathways. ..
- Caubit X, Gubellini P, Andrieux J, Roubertoux P, Metwaly M, Jacq B, et al. TSHZ3 deletion causes an autism syndrome and defects in cortical projection neurons. Nat Genet. 2016;48:1359-1369 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight essential roles for Tshz3 in CPN development and function, whose alterations can account for ASD in the newly defined TSHZ3 deletion syndrome. ..
- Miquelajauregui A, Van de Putte T, Polyakov A, Nityanandam A, Boppana S, Seuntjens E, et al. Smad-interacting protein-1 (Zfhx1b) acts upstream of Wnt signaling in the mouse hippocampus and controls its formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:12919-24 pubmed..Sip1 is therefore essential to the development of the hippocampus and dentate gyrus, and is able to modulate Wnt signaling in these regions. ..
- Wong M, Maezawa Y, Lerch J, Henkelman R. Automated pipeline for anatomical phenotyping of mouse embryos using micro-CT. Development. 2014;141:2533-41 pubmed publisher..of two perinatal lethal mouse lines: a hypomorphic mutation of the Tcf21 gene (Tcf21-hypo) and a knockout of the Satb2 gene...
- Franco S, Gil Sanz C, Martinez Garay I, Espinosa A, Harkins Perry S, Ramos C, et al. Fate-restricted neural progenitors in the mammalian cerebral cortex. Science. 2012;337:746-9 pubmed publisher..Because upper cortical layers were expanded during primate evolution, amplification of this RGC pool may have facilitated human brain evolution. ..
- Julian L, Vandenbosch R, Pakenham C, Andrusiak M, Nguyen A, McClellan K, et al. Opposing regulation of Sox2 by cell-cycle effectors E2f3a and E2f3b in neural stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;12:440-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a mechanism by which E2f3a and E2f3b differentially regulate Sox2 dosage in neural precursors, a finding that may have broad implications for the regulation of diverse stem cell populations. ..
- Choi G, Yim Y, Wong H, Kim S, Kim H, Kim S, et al. The maternal interleukin-17a pathway in mice promotes autism-like phenotypes in offspring. Science. 2016;351:933-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that therapeutic targeting of TH17 cells in susceptible pregnant mothers may reduce the likelihood of bearing children with inflammation-induced ASD-like phenotypes. ..
- Wang Y, Li G, Stanco A, Long J, Crawford D, Potter G, et al. CXCR4 and CXCR7 have distinct functions in regulating interneuron migration. Neuron. 2011;69:61-76 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, CXCL12 stimulation of CXCR7, but not CXCR4, promoted MAP kinase signaling. Thus, we suggest that CXCR4 and CXCR7 have distinct roles and signal transduction in regulating interneuron movement and laminar positioning. ..
- Oliver P, Chodroff R, Gosal A, Edwards B, Cheung A, Gomez Rodriguez J, et al. Disruption of Visc-2, a Brain-Expressed Conserved Long Noncoding RNA, Does Not Elicit an Overt Anatomical or Behavioral Phenotype. Cereb Cortex. 2015;25:3572-85 pubmed publisher..A high-throughput knockout program focussing on lncRNAs, similar to that currently underway for protein-coding genes, will be required to establish the distribution of their organismal functions. ..
- Yoon K, Ringeling F, Vissers C, Jacob F, Pokrass M, Jimenez Cyrus D, et al. Temporal Control of Mammalian Cortical Neurogenesis by m6A Methylation. Cell. 2017;171:877-889.e17 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies an epitranscriptomic mechanism in heightened transcriptional coordination during mammalian cortical neurogenesis. ..
- Escamilla C, Filonova I, Walker A, Xuan Z, Holehonnur R, Espinosa F, et al. Kctd13 deletion reduces synaptic transmission via increased RhoA. Nature. 2017;551:227-231 pubmed publisher..Our data also reveal a potential role for RhoA as a therapeutic target in disorders associated with KCTD13 deletion. ..
- Thomason H, Dixon M, Dixon J. Facial clefting in Tp63 deficient mice results from altered Bmp4, Fgf8 and Shh signaling. Dev Biol. 2008;321:273-82 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with a role for Tp63 in the regulation of Bmp signaling controlling the growth, modelling and fusion events underlying facial development and shed new light on the complex abnormality of facial clefting. ..
- Mao X, Tang S. Effects of phenytoin on Satb2 and Hoxa2 gene expressions in mouse embryonic craniofacial tissue. Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;88:731-5 pubmed publisher..The Satb2 gene mutation is associated with cleft palate...
- Wang H, Ge G, Uchida Y, Luu B, Ahn S. Gli3 is required for maintenance and fate specification of cortical progenitors. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6440-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Gli3 is required for maintaining the cortical progenitors in active cell cycle, suggesting that cells may acquire differentiated status as they turn off Gli3 expression during neurogenesis. ..
- Griffin J, Compagnucci C, Hu D, Fish J, Klein O, Marcucio R, et al. Fgf8 dosage determines midfacial integration and polarity within the nasal and optic capsules. Dev Biol. 2013;374:185-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data highlight Fgf8 signaling in craniofacial development as a plausible target for evolutionary selective pressures...
- Parthasarathy S, Srivatsa S, Nityanandam A, Tarabykin V. Ntf3 acts downstream of Sip1 in cortical postmitotic neurons to control progenitor cell fate through feedback signaling. Development. 2014;141:3324-30 pubmed publisher..Loss of Ntf3, by contrast, causes an increase in layer VI neurons but does not rescue the Sip1 mutant phenotype, implying that other parallel pathways also control the timing of progenitor cell fate switch. ..
- Moldrich R, Gobius I, Pollak T, Zhang J, Ren T, Brown L, et al. Molecular regulation of the developing commissural plate. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:3645-61 pubmed publisher..such as Emx2 and Nfia knockout mice but commissural plate patterning was normal in other acallosal strains such as Satb2(-/-)...
- Jaitner C, Reddy C, Abentung A, Whittle N, Rieder D, Delekate A, et al. Satb2 determines miRNA expression and long-term memory in the adult central nervous system. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisheri>SATB2 is a risk locus for schizophrenia and encodes a DNA-binding protein that regulates higher-order chromatin configuration...
- Leoyklang P, Suphapeetiporn K, Srichomthong C, Tongkobpetch S, Fietze S, Dorward H, et al. Disorders with similar clinical phenotypes reveal underlying genetic interaction: SATB2 acts as an activator of the UPF3B gene. Hum Genet. 2013;132:1383-93 pubmed publisher..One is caused by mutations of SATB2, a transcription regulator and the other by heterozygous mutations leading to premature stop codons in UPF3B, ..
- Yamagishi S, Hampel F, Hata K, del Toro D, Schwark M, Kvachnina E, et al. FLRT2 and FLRT3 act as repulsive guidance cues for Unc5-positive neurons. EMBO J. 2011;30:2920-33 pubmed publisher..Hence, the shed FLRT2 and FLRT3 ECDs represent a novel family of chemorepellents for Unc5-positive neurons and FLRT2/Unc5D signalling modulates cortical neuron migration. ..
- Wu X, Gu X, Han X, Du A, Jiang Y, Zhang X, et al. A novel function for Foxm1 in interkinetic nuclear migration in the developing telencephalon and anxiety-related behavior. J Neurosci. 2014;34:1510-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ablation of Foxm1 causes anxiety-related behaviors in adulthood. Thus, this study provides evidence of linkages among the cell cycle regulator Foxm1, INM, and adult behavior. ..
- Paap R, Oosterbroek S, Wagemans C, von Oerthel L, Schellevis R, Vastenhouw van der Linden A, et al. FoxO6 affects Plxna4-mediated neuronal migration during mouse cortical development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E7087-E7096 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the presented data provide insights into the molecular mechanisms whereby transcriptional programs drive cortical development. ..
- Bonilla Claudio M, Wang J, Bai Y, Klysik E, Selever J, Martin J. Bmp signaling regulates a dose-dependent transcriptional program to control facial skeletal development. Development. 2012;139:709-19 pubmed publisher..Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) revealed a subset of the BIG signature, including Satb2, Smad6, Hand1, Gadd45? and Gata3, that was bound by Smad1/5 in the developing mandible, revealing direct Smad-..
- Huang Y, Song N, Lan W, Hu L, Su C, Ding Y, et al. Expression of transcription factor Satb2 in adult mouse brain. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2013;296:452-61 pubmed publisherPrevious investigations on the expression and function of special AT-rich sequence binding protein 2 (Satb2) are largely limited to the cerebral cortex...
- Fujimori A, Itoh K, Goto S, Hirakawa H, Wang B, Kokubo T, et al. Disruption of Aspm causes microcephaly with abnormal neuronal differentiation. Brain Dev. 2014;36:661-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the expression of transcription factors, such as Tbr1 and Satb2, was significantly increased in the subplate of the Aspm(-/-) mice...
- Artegiani B, de Jesus Domingues A, Bragado Alonso S, Brandl E, Massalini S, Dahl A, et al. Tox: a multifunctional transcription factor and novel regulator of mammalian corticogenesis. EMBO J. 2015;34:896-910 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a valuable resource to study the role of Tox in other tissues and highlight a novel key player in brain development. ..
- Goolam M, Zernicka Goetz M. The chromatin modifier Satb1 regulates cell fate through Fgf signalling in the early mouse embryo. Development. 2017;144:1450-1461 pubmed publisher..This phenotype can be rescued by simultaneous depletion of both Satb1 and Satb2, owing to their antagonistic effect on the pluripotency regulator Nanog...
- Yang G, Cancino G, Zahr S, Guskjolen A, Voronova A, Gallagher D, et al. A Glo1-Methylglyoxal Pathway that Is Perturbed in Maternal Diabetes Regulates Embryonic and Adult Neural Stem Cell Pools in Murine Offspring. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1022-1036 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Glo1-methylglyoxal pathway integrates maternal and NPC metabolism to regulate neural development, and perturbations in this pathway lead to long-lasting alterations in adult neurons and NPC pools. ..
- Zhang J, Tu Q, Grosschedl R, Kim M, Griffin T, Drissi H, et al. Roles of SATB2 in osteogenic differentiation and bone regeneration. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:1767-76 pubmed publisherExpressed in branchial arches and osteoblast-lineage cells, special AT-rich sequence-binding protein (SATB2) is responsible for preventing craniofacial abnormalities and defects in osteoblast function...
- Gong Y, Lu J, Yu X, Yu Y. Expression of Sp7 in Satb2-induced osteogenic differentiation of mouse bone marrow stromal cells is regulated by microRNA-27a. Mol Cell Biochem. 2016;417:7-16 pubmed publisherb>Satb2 is a special AT-rich binding transcription factor essential for osteoblast differentiation and bone formation. Specific microRNAs (miRNAs) have been identified to regulate the complex process of osteogenic differentiation...
- Rainger J, Bhatia S, Bengani H, Gautier P, Rainger J, Pearson M, et al. Disruption of SATB2 or its long-range cis-regulation by SOX9 causes a syndromic form of Pierre Robin sequence. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:2569-79 pubmed publisherHeterozygous loss-of-function (LOF) mutations in the gene encoding the DNA-binding protein, SATB2, result in micrognathia and cleft palate in both humans and mice...
- Pucilowska J, Vithayathil J, Tavares E, Kelly C, Karlo J, Landreth G. The 16p11.2 deletion mouse model of autism exhibits altered cortical progenitor proliferation and brain cytoarchitecture linked to the ERK MAPK pathway. J Neurosci. 2015;35:3190-200 pubmed publisher..2del mice exhibit anxiety-like behaviors and impaired memory. Our findings provide evidence of ERK dysregulation, developmental abnormalities in neurogenesis, and behavioral impairment associated with the 16p11.2 chromosomal deletion. ..
- Nitarska J, Smith J, Sherlock W, Hillege M, Nott A, Barshop W, et al. A Functional Switch of NuRD Chromatin Remodeling Complex Subunits Regulates Mouse Cortical Development. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1683-1698 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that NuRD complexes containing specific CHDs are recruited to regulatory elements and modulate the expression of genes essential for brain development. ..
- Badouel C, Zander M, Liscio N, Bagherie Lachidan M, Sopko R, Coyaud E, et al. Fat1 interacts with Fat4 to regulate neural tube closure, neural progenitor proliferation and apical constriction during mouse brain development. Development. 2015;142:2781-91 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which Fat1 and Fat4 binding coordinates distinct pathways at apical junctions to regulate neural progenitor proliferation, neural tube closure and apical constriction. ..
- Wei J, Lin Y, Tsai C, Shieh H, Lin P, Ho W, et al. SATB2 participates in regulation of menadione-induced apoptotic insults to osteoblasts. J Orthop Res. 2012;30:1058-66 pubmed publisherSpecial AT-rich sequence binding protein 2 (SATB2), a nuclear matrix attachment region-binding protein, can regulate embryonic development, cell differentiation, and cell survival...
- Magnani D, Hasenpusch Theil K, Theil T. Gli3 controls subplate formation and growth of cortical axons. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:2542-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings show that Gli3 specifies a cortical environment permissive to the growth of cortical axons at the progenitor level by controlling the formation of SP neurons. ..
- Kosinsky R, Wegwitz F, Hellbach N, Dobbelstein M, Mansouri A, Vogel T, et al. Usp22 deficiency impairs intestinal epithelial lineage specification in vivo. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37906-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide evidence for a physiological role for USP22 in controlling cell differentiation and lineage specification. ..
- Betancourt J, Katzman S, Chen B. Nuclear factor one B regulates neural stem cell differentiation and axonal projection of corticofugal neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:6-35 pubmed publisher..Together these results demonstrate the critical functions of NFIB in regulating cortical development. ..
- Liu J, Wu X, Zhang H, Qiu R, Yoshikawa K, Lu Q. Prospective separation and transcriptome analyses of cortical projection neurons and interneurons based on lineage tracing by Tbr2 (Eomes)-GFP/Dcx-mRFP reporters. Dev Neurobiol. 2016;76:587-99 pubmed publisher..These data present a resource useful for further investigation of the molecular regulations and functions of projection neurons and interneurons. ..