Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: S3 12
Description: perilipin 4
Alias: S3-12, mKIAA1881, adipocyte protein S3-12, perilipin-4, plasma membrane associated protein, S3-12
- Adipocyte protein S3-12 coats nascent lipid dropletsNathan E Wolins
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Lipid Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37713-21. 2003..This study reports for the first time the early morphological events in the genesis and maturation of adipocyte lipid droplets...
- The expression and function of fatty acid transport protein-2 and -4 in the murine placentaTakuya Mishima
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Magee Womens Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25865. 2011..We surmised that placental FATPs are germane for fetal growth, and are regulated during hypoxic stress, which is associated with reduced fat supply to the fetus...
- Inactivation of Plin4 downregulates Plin5 and reduces cardiac lipid accumulation in miceWeiqin Chen
Diabetes and Endocrinology Research Center, Section of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Departments of Medicine, Molecular and Cellular Biology and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E770-9. 2013..In conclusion, inactivation of Plin4 downregulates Plin5 and reduces cardiac lipid accumulation in mice...
- Cloning of cell-specific secreted and surface proteins by subtractive antibody screeningP E Scherer
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Nat Biotechnol 16:581-6. 1998..We describe several of these, including a novel plasma membrane-associated protein, S3-12...
- Adipose tissue expression of the lipid droplet-associating proteins S3-12 and perilipin is controlled by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gammaKnut Tomas Dalen
Institute for Nutrition Research, University of Oslo, Blindern, N 0316 Oslo, Norway
Diabetes 53:1243-52. 2004....
- S3-12, Adipophilin, and TIP47 package lipid in adipocytesNathan E Wolins
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 280:19146-55. 2005....
- Ligand-activated peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma alters placental morphology and placental fatty acid uptake in miceW Timothy Schaiff
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Campus Box 8064, 4566 Scott Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Endocrinology 148:3625-34. 2007..These results demonstrate that in vivo activation of PPARgamma modulates placental morphology and fatty acid accumulation...
- Consequences of lipid droplet coat protein downregulation in liver cells: abnormal lipid droplet metabolism and induction of insulin resistanceMing Bell
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Baltimore Veterans Affairs Health Care Center, Division of Gerontology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 57:2037-45. 2008..Our hypothesis is that PAT proteins modulate LD metabolism and therefore insulin resistance...