Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ros1
Description: Ros1 proto-oncogene
Alias: Ros-1, c-ros, proto-oncogene tyrosine-protein kinase ROS, c-Ros receptor tyrosine kinase, c-ros-1, proto-oncogene c-Ros, proto-oncogene c-Ros-1, receptor tyrosine kinase c-ros oncogene 1
- Xu Y, Wagenfeld A, Yeung C, Lehnert W, Cooper T. Expression and location of taurine transporters and channels in the epididymis of infertile c-ros receptor tyrosine kinase-deficient and fertile heterozygous mice. Mol Reprod Dev. 2003;64:144-51 pubmed..TauT and PLM may be involved in taurine regulation in the normal epididymis and the proximal accumulation of taurine in the infertile males. ..
- Cui Z, Yokoi N, Kuramoto T, Kitada K, Serikawa T. Extension of conserved regions in the rat and mouse genomes by chromosomal assignments of 29 rat genes. Exp Anim. 1998;47:83-8 pubmed..In addition, four conserved regions were newly revealed. The method described in this study appears to be simple and efficient for constructing a whole genome comparative map of the rat and mouse. ..
- Kanwar Y, Liu Z, Kumar A, Wada J, Carone F. Cloning of mouse c-ros renal cDNA, its role in development and relationship to extracellular matrix glycoproteins. Kidney Int. 1995;48:1646-59 pubmed..These findings suggest that the c-ros plays a role in the metanephric development, and its effects may be modulated by the ECM macromolecules present at the epithelial-mesenchymal interface. ..
- Vacher J, Bernard H. Genetic localization and transmission of the mouse osteopetrotic grey-lethal mutation. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:239-43 pubmed..have also eliminated all the five candidate genes previously localized to this region (Braf-rs1, Fyn, Cd24a, Ros1, and Gja1)...
- Narayana L, Nagarajan L. A mouse c-ros genomic clone: identification of a highly conserved 22-amino acid segment in the juxta-membrane domain. Gene. 1992;118:297-8 pubmed..We have identified a segment of 22 amino acids conserved between the human and mouse JM domains; this segment may have a critical role in the function of the c-ros-encoded protein tyrosine kinase receptor. ..
- Keilhack H, Muller M, Böhmer S, Frank C, Weidner K, Birchmeier W, et al. Negative regulation of Ros receptor tyrosine kinase signaling. An epithelial function of the SH2 domain protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:325-34 pubmed..Overexpression of SHP-1 results in Ros dephosphorylation and effectively downregulates Ros-dependent proliferation and transformation. We propose that SHP-1 is an important downstream regulator of Ros signaling. ..
- Christova Y, James P, Cooper T, Jones R. Lipid diffusion in the plasma membrane of mouse spermatozoa: changes during epididymal maturation, effects of pH, osmotic pressure, and knockout of the c-ros gene. J Androl. 2002;23:384-92 pubmed..These results suggest that temperature and compositional changes are 2 of the important factors that regulate the dynamics of lipid molecules in the mouse sperm plasma membrane. ..
- Yeung C, Anapolski M, Sipila P, Wagenfeld A, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I, et al. Sperm volume regulation: maturational changes in fertile and infertile transgenic mice and association with kinematics and tail angulation. Biol Reprod. 2002;67:269-75 pubmed
- Wagenfeld A, Yeung C, Lehnert W, Nieschlag E, Cooper T. Lack of glutamate transporter EAAC1 in the epididymis of infertile c-ros receptor tyrosine-kinase deficient mice. J Androl. 2002;23:772-82 pubmed
- Cooper T, Yeung C, Wagenfeld A, Nieschlag E, Poutanen M, Huhtaniemi I, et al. Mouse models of infertility due to swollen spermatozoa. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2004;216:55-63 pubmed..Further analysis could pinpoint genes essential for epididymal regulation of sperm volume, explain infertility and suggest modes of male contraception. ..
- Yeung C, Breton S, Setiawan I, Xu Y, Lang F, Cooper T. Increased luminal pH in the epididymis of infertile c-ros knockout mice and the expression of sodium-hydrogen exchangers and vacuolar proton pump H+-ATPase. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;68:159-68 pubmed..The increase in luminal fluid pH in the KO mice could also be contributed to by other epithelial regulating factors including the Na(+)-dependent glutamate transporter EAAC1 formerly reported to be down regulated in the KO. ..
- Xu Y, Yeung C, Setiawan I, Avram C, Biber J, Wagenfeld A, et al. Sodium-inorganic phosphate cotransporter NaPi-IIb in the epididymis and its potential role in male fertility studied in a transgenic mouse model. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1135-41 pubmed
- Yeung C, Sonnenberg Riethmacher E, Cooper T. Infertile spermatozoa of c-ros tyrosine kinase receptor knockout mice show flagellar angulation and maturational defects in cell volume regulatory mechanisms. Biol Reprod. 1999;61:1062-9 pubmed..The resultant flagellar angulation may account for the reduction in sperm numbers in the oviduct of mated females and the failure to fertilize in vivo. ..
- Yeung C, Wagenfeld A, Nieschlag E, Cooper T. The cause of infertility of male c-ros tyrosine kinase receptor knockout mice. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:612-8 pubmed..The infertility of c-ros knockout male mice can be explained by the sperm's inability to enter the oviduct, as a result of their bent tails forming the entangled sperm mass and their compromised flagellar vigor within the uterus. ..
- Jun H, Roy J, Smith T, Wood L, Lane K, Woolfenden S, et al. ROS1 signaling regulates epithelial differentiation in the epididymis. Endocrinology. 2014;155:3661-73 pubmed publisher..To explore this further, we used genetic engineering to create a kinase dead allele of the ROS1 receptor tyrosine kinase in mice and studied the effects of ROS1 tyrosine kinase activity on the differentiation of ..
- Karayianni E, Magnanini C, Orphanos V, Negrini M, Maniatis G, Spathas D, et al. Transcriptional map of chromosome region 6q16-->q21. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;86:263-6 pubmed..From this transcription map it is possible to derive a large region of synteny with mouse chromosome 10. ..
- Bryda E, Ling H, Flaherty L. A high-resolution genetic map around waltzer on mouse chromosome 10 and identification of a new allele of waltzer. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:1-4 pubmed..Additionally, three genes (Ros1, Grik2, and Zfa) were eliminated as possible candidates for vAlb, and several SSLP markers were separated ..
- Miner J, Patton B, Lentz S, Gilbert D, Snider W, Jenkins N, et al. The laminin alpha chains: expression, developmental transitions, and chromosomal locations of alpha1-5, identification of heterotrimeric laminins 8-11, and cloning of a novel alpha3 isoform. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:685-701 pubmed..Together, these results reveal remarkable diversity in BL composition and complexity in BL development. ..
- Stark K, Vainio S, Vassileva G, McMahon A. Epithelial transformation of metanephric mesenchyme in the developing kidney regulated by Wnt-4. Nature. 1994;372:679-83 pubmed..Thus, Wnt-4 appears to act as an autoinducer of the mesenchyme to epithelial transition that underlies nephron development. ..
- Lee G, Bennett L, Carabeo R, Drinkwater N. Identification of hepatocarcinogen-resistance genes in DBA/2 mice. Genetics. 1995;139:387-95 pubmed..Thus, it is likely that the susceptibility of DBA/2J mice is the consequence of the combined effects of multiple sensitivity loci. ..
- Cooper T, Wagenfeld A, Cornwall G, Hsia N, Chu S, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Gene and protein expression in the epididymis of infertile c-ros receptor tyrosine kinase-deficient mice. Biol Reprod. 2003;69:1750-62 pubmed..The changes in these genes could affect sperm function by modifying the composition of epididymal fluid and explain the infertility of the KO males. These genes may be targets for a posttesticular contraceptive. ..
- Avram C, Cooper T. Development of the caput epididymidis studied by expressed proteins (a glutamate transporter, a lipocalin and beta-galactosidase) in the c-ros knockout and wild-type mice with prepubertally ligated efferent ducts. Cell Tissue Res. 2004;317:23-34 pubmed..The ligand for c-ros may be present in testicular fluid and both ligand and receptor may be necessary for differentiation of epithelia I and II. ..
- Chen F, Cooney A, Wang Y, Law S, O Malley B. Cloning of a novel orphan receptor (GCNF) expressed during germ cell development. Mol Endocrinol. 1994;8:1434-44 pubmed..It has been designated germ cell nuclear factor. ..
- Davare M, Saborowski A, Eide C, Tognon C, Smith R, Elferich J, et al. Foretinib is a potent inhibitor of oncogenic ROS1 fusion proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19519-24 pubmed publisherThe rapidly growing recognition of the role of oncogenic ROS1 fusion proteins in the malignant transformation of multiple cancers, including lung adenocarcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, and glioblastoma, is driving efforts to develop ..