Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rorc
Description: RAR-related orphan receptor gamma
Alias: Nr1f3, RORgamma, TOR, Thor, nuclear receptor ROR-gamma, RAR-related orphan receptor C, nuclear receptor RZR-gamma, nuclear receptor subfamily 1 group F member 3, retinoid-related orphan receptor-gamma, thymus orphan receptor
- Codarri L, Gyülveszi G, Tosevski V, Hesske L, Fontana A, Magnenat L, et al. ROR?t drives production of the cytokine GM-CSF in helper T cells, which is essential for the effector phase of autoimmune neuroinflammation. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:560-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, in contrast to all other known helper T cell-derived cytokines, GM-CSF serves a nonredundant function in the initiation of autoimmune inflammation regardless of helper T cell polarization. ..
- Takeda Y, Kang H, Angers M, Jetten A. Retinoic acid-related orphan receptor ? directly regulates neuronal PAS domain protein 2 transcription in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:4769-82 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ROR? and Rev-Erb? are part of a feed-back loop that regulates the circadian expression of Npas2 suggesting a regulatory role for these receptors in Npas2-dependent physiological processes. ..
- Rachitskaya A, Hansen A, Horai R, Li Z, Villasmil R, Luger D, et al. Cutting edge: NKT cells constitutively express IL-23 receptor and RORgammat and rapidly produce IL-17 upon receptor ligation in an IL-6-independent fashion. J Immunol. 2008;180:5167-71 pubmed..These data suggest an important biological role for innate IL-17 production by NKT cells that is rapid and precedes the adaptive IL-17 response. ..
- Zhou L, Ivanov I, Spolski R, Min R, Shenderov K, Egawa T, et al. IL-6 programs T(H)-17 cell differentiation by promoting sequential engagement of the IL-21 and IL-23 pathways. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:967-74 pubmed..IL-6 therefore orchestrates a series of 'downstream' cytokine-dependent signaling pathways that, in concert with TGF-beta, amplify RORgammat-dependent differentiation of T(H)-17 cells. ..
- Nurieva R, Yang X, Martinez G, Zhang Y, Panopoulos A, Ma L, et al. Essential autocrine regulation by IL-21 in the generation of inflammatory T cells. Nature. 2007;448:480-3 pubmed..T(H)17 differentiation and suppresses Foxp3 expression, which requires STAT3 and ROR-gamma, which is encoded by Rorc. IL-21 deficiency impairs the generation of T(H)17 cells and results in protection against experimental autoimmune ..
- Sawa S, Lochner M, Satoh Takayama N, Dulauroy S, Berard M, Kleinschek M, et al. ROR?t+ innate lymphoid cells regulate intestinal homeostasis by integrating negative signals from the symbiotic microbiota. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:320-6 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a finely tuned equilibrium among intestinal symbionts, adaptive immunity and ROR?t+ ILCs...
- He Y, Deftos M, Ojala E, Bevan M. RORgamma t, a novel isoform of an orphan receptor, negatively regulates Fas ligand expression and IL-2 production in T cells. Immunity. 1998;9:797-806 pubmedWe have identified RORgamma t, a novel, thymus-specific isoform of the orphan nuclear receptor RORgamma that is expressed predominantly in CD4+ CD8+ double-positive thymocytes...
- Mongrain V, Ruan X, Dardente H, Fortier E, Cermakian N. Clock-dependent and independent transcriptional control of the two isoforms from the mouse Rorgamma gene. Genes Cells. 2008;13:1197-210 pubmed publisher..This study aims to investigate the expression of Rorgammaisoforms (Rorgamma and Rorgammat) and characterize the molecular mechanisms underlying their tissue-specific expression...
- Harmsen A, Kusser K, Hartson L, Tighe M, Sunshine M, Sedgwick J, et al. Cutting edge: organogenesis of nasal-associated lymphoid tissue (NALT) occurs independently of lymphotoxin-alpha (LT alpha) and retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor-gamma, but the organization of NALT is LT alpha dependent. J Immunol. 2002;168:986-90 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the organogenesis of NALT occurs through unique mechanisms. ..
- Lee J, Cella M, McDonald K, Garlanda C, Kennedy G, Nukaya M, et al. AHR drives the development of gut ILC22 cells and postnatal lymphoid tissues via pathways dependent on and independent of Notch. Nat Immunol. 2011;13:144-51 pubmed publisher..Thus, AHR was essential for ILC22 cells and postnatal intestinal lymphoid tissues. Moreover, ILC22 subsets were heterogeneous in their requirement for Notch and their effect on the generation of intestinal lymphoid tissues. ..
- Meissburger B, Ukropec J, Roeder E, Beaton N, Geiger M, Teupser D, et al. Adipogenesis and insulin sensitivity in obesity are regulated by retinoid-related orphan receptor gamma. EMBO Mol Med. 2011;3:637-51 pubmed publisher..ROR? might therefore serve as a novel pharmaceutical target to treat obesity-associated insulin resistance. ..
- Xu T, Wang X, Zhong B, Nurieva R, Ding S, Dong C. Ursolic acid suppresses interleukin-17 (IL-17) production by selectively antagonizing the function of RORgamma t protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22707-10 pubmed publisher..The results thus suggest UA as a valuable drug candidate or leading compound for developing treatments of Th17-mediated inflammatory diseases and cancer. ..
- Okamoto K, Iwai Y, Oh Hora M, Yamamoto M, Morio T, Aoki K, et al. IkappaBzeta regulates T(H)17 development by cooperating with ROR nuclear receptors. Nature. 2010;464:1381-5 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence for the transcriptional mechanisms underlying T(H)17 development and points to a molecular basis for a novel therapeutic strategy against autoimmune disease. ..
- Bezbradica J, Hill T, Stanic A, Van Kaer L, Joyce S. Commitment toward the natural T (iNKT) cell lineage occurs at the CD4+8+ stage of thymic ontogeny. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:5114-9 pubmed..Mixed radiation bone marrow chimeras revealed that RORgamma functions in an iNKT cell lineage-specific manner...
- Satoh Takayama N, Vosshenrich C, Lesjean Pottier S, Sawa S, Lochner M, Rattis F, et al. Microbial flora drives interleukin 22 production in intestinal NKp46+ cells that provide innate mucosal immune defense. Immunity. 2008;29:958-70 pubmed publisher..RORgammat-driven diversification of intestinal NKp46+ cells thereby specifies an innate cellular defense mechanism that operates at mucosal surfaces...
- Takeda Y, Jetten A. Prospero-related homeobox 1 (Prox1) functions as a novel modulator of retinoic acid-related orphan receptors ?- and ?-mediated transactivation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:6992-7008 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Prox1 is part of a feedback loop that negatively regulates the transcriptional control of clock and metabolic networks by RORs. ..
- Tilley S, Jaradat M, Stapleton C, Dixon D, Hua X, Erikson C, et al. Retinoid-related orphan receptor gamma controls immunoglobulin production and Th1/Th2 cytokine balance in the adaptive immune response to allergen. J Immunol. 2007;178:3208-18 pubmed..b>RORgamma, the most recently identified member of the ROR family, has been shown to be important for the development of ..
- Yamazaki T, Yang X, Chung Y, Fukunaga A, Nurieva R, Pappu B, et al. CCR6 regulates the migration of inflammatory and regulatory T cells. J Immunol. 2008;181:8391-401 pubmed..CCR6 expression in Th17 cells is regulated by TGF-beta and requires two nuclear receptors, RORalpha and RORgamma. Th17 cells also express the CCR6 ligand CCL20, which is induced synergistically by TGF-beta and IL-6, which ..
- Liu C, Li S, Liu T, Borjigin J, Lin J. Transcriptional coactivator PGC-1alpha integrates the mammalian clock and energy metabolism. Nature. 2007;447:477-81 pubmed..We have thus identified PGC-1alpha as a key component of the circadian oscillator that integrates the mammalian clock and energy metabolism. ..
- Rangel Moreno J, Moyron Quiroz J, Carragher D, Kusser K, Hartson L, Moquin A, et al. Omental milky spots develop in the absence of lymphoid tissue-inducer cells and support B and T cell responses to peritoneal antigens. Immunity. 2009;30:731-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the milky spots of the omentum function as unique secondary lymphoid organs that promote immunity to peritoneal antigens...
- Egawa T, Eberl G, Taniuchi I, Benlagha K, Geissmann F, Hennighausen L, et al. Genetic evidence supporting selection of the Valpha14i NKT cell lineage from double-positive thymocyte precursors. Immunity. 2005;22:705-16 pubmed..Our results indicate that even though CD1d binding DP thymocytes have yet to be observed, Valpha14-Jalpha18 rearrangement in these cells is required for development of iNKT cells. ..
- Qiu J, Heller J, Guo X, Chen Z, Fish K, Fu Y, et al. The aryl hydrocarbon receptor regulates gut immunity through modulation of innate lymphoid cells. Immunity. 2012;36:92-104 pubmed publisher..Our data uncover a previously unrecognized physiological role for Ahr in promoting innate gut immunity by regulating ROR?t(+) ILCs. ..
- Ivanov I, McKenzie B, Zhou L, Tadokoro C, Lepelley A, Lafaille J, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor RORgammat directs the differentiation program of proinflammatory IL-17+ T helper cells. Cell. 2006;126:1121-33 pubmed..Together, these studies suggest that RORgammat is a key regulator of immune homeostasis and highlight its potential as a therapeutic target in inflammatory diseases. ..
- Ciofani M, Madar A, Galan C, Sellars M, Mace K, Pauli F, et al. A validated regulatory network for Th17 cell specification. Cell. 2012;151:289-303 pubmed publisher..This interconnected network can be used to investigate new therapeutic approaches to manipulate Th17 functions in the setting of inflammatory disease. ..
- Kang H, Okamoto K, Takeda Y, Beak J, Gerrish K, Bortner C, et al. Transcriptional profiling reveals a role for RORalpha in regulating gene expression in obesity-associated inflammation and hepatic steatosis. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:818-28 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that ROR? plays a critical role in the regulation of several aspects of metabolic syndrome. Therefore, ROR? may provide a novel therapeutic target in the management of obesity and associated metabolic diseases. ..
- Raichur S, Lau P, Staels B, Muscat G. Retinoid-related orphan receptor gamma regulates several genes that control metabolism in skeletal muscle cells: links to modulation of reactive oxygen species production. J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;39:29-44 pubmedRetinoid-related orphan receptor gamma (RORgamma) is an orphan nuclear hormone receptor (NR) that is preferentially expressed in skeletal muscle and several other tissues, including pancreas, thymus, prostate, liver and testis...
- Naito T, Shiohara T, Hibi T, Suematsu M, Ishikawa H. ROR gamma t is dispensable for the development of intestinal mucosal T cells. Mucosal Immunol. 2008;1:198-207 pubmed publisher..These results clearly reassert the intraintestinal differentiation of the body's largest peripheral T cell subpopulation. ..
- Eisenring M, Vom Berg J, Kristiansen G, Saller E, Becher B. IL-12 initiates tumor rejection via lymphoid tissue-inducer cells bearing the natural cytotoxicity receptor NKp46. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:1030-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, this innate cell type is responsive to IL-12 and is a powerful mediator of tumor suppression...
- Mielke L, Groom J, Rankin L, Seillet C, Masson F, Putoczki T, et al. TCF-1 controls ILC2 and NKp46+ROR?t+ innate lymphocyte differentiation and protection in intestinal inflammation. J Immunol. 2013;191:4383-91 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate an essential requirement for TCF-1 in ILC2 differentiation and reveal a link among Tcf7, Notch, and Tbx21 in NKp46(+) ILC3 development. ..
- Halim T, Maclaren A, Romanish M, Gold M, McNagny K, Takei F. Retinoic-acid-receptor-related orphan nuclear receptor alpha is required for natural helper cell development and allergic inflammation. Immunity. 2012;37:463-74 pubmed publisher..We have also identified ROR?-dependent NH cell progenitors in the bone marrow. Thus, all NH cells belong to a unique ROR?-dependent cell lineage separate from other lymphoid cell lineages...
- El Behi M, Ciric B, Dai H, Yan Y, Cullimore M, Safavi F, et al. The encephalitogenicity of T(H)17 cells is dependent on IL-1- and IL-23-induced production of the cytokine GM-CSF. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:568-75 pubmed publisher..Such cross-regulation of IL-23 and GM-CSF explains the similar pattern of resistance to autoimmunity when either of the two cytokines is absent and identifies T(H)17 cells as a crucial source of GM-CSF in autoimmune inflammation. ..
- Takeda Y, Kang H, Freudenberg J, Degraff L, Jothi R, Jetten A. Retinoic acid-related orphan receptor ? (ROR?): a novel participant in the diurnal regulation of hepatic gluconeogenesis and insulin sensitivity. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004331 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of the activation of several metabolic gene promoters by an ROR? antagonist suggests that antagonists may provide a novel strategy in the management of metabolic diseases, including type 2 diabetes. ..
- Angers M, Uldry M, Kong D, Gimble J, Jetten A. Mfsd2a encodes a novel major facilitator superfamily domain-containing protein highly induced in brown adipose tissue during fasting and adaptive thermogenesis. Biochem J. 2008;416:347-55 pubmed publisher..The observed induction of Mfsd2a expression in cultured BAT cells by dibutyryl-cAMP is in agreement with this conclusion. The present study suggests that Mfsd2a plays a role in adaptive thermogenesis. ..
- Hoyler T, Klose C, Souabni A, Turqueti Neves A, Pfeifer D, Rawlins E, et al. The transcription factor GATA-3 controls cell fate and maintenance of type 2 innate lymphoid cells. Immunity. 2012;37:634-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrate that GATA-3 is essential for ILC2 fate decisions and reveal similarities between the transcriptional programs controlling ILC and T helper cell fates. ..
- Eberl G, Littman D. Thymic origin of intestinal alphabeta T cells revealed by fate mapping of RORgammat+ cells. Science. 2004;305:248-51 pubmed..Our results suggest that intestinal RORgammat+ cells are local organizers of mucosal lymphoid tissue. ..
- Moro K, Yamada T, Tanabe M, Takeuchi T, Ikawa T, Kawamoto H, et al. Innate production of T(H)2 cytokines by adipose tissue-associated c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) lymphoid cells. Nature. 2010;463:540-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, FALC Lin(-)c-Kit(+)Sca-1(+) cells are T(H)2-type innate lymphocytes, and we propose that these cells be called 'natural helper cells'. ..
- Tsuji M, Suzuki K, Kitamura H, Maruya M, Kinoshita K, Ivanov I, et al. Requirement for lymphoid tissue-inducer cells in isolated follicle formation and T cell-independent immunoglobulin A generation in the gut. Immunity. 2008;29:261-71 pubmed publisher..formation of ILFs was regulated by interactions between lymphoid tissue-inducer cells expressing the nuclear receptor ROR gamma t (ROR gamma t(+)LTi cells) and stromal cells (SCs)...
- Leppkes M, Becker C, Ivanov I, Hirth S, Wirtz S, Neufert C, et al. RORgamma-expressing Th17 cells induce murine chronic intestinal inflammation via redundant effects of IL-17A and IL-17F. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:257-67 pubmed publisher..of colitis, we compared the colitogenic potential of wild-type, interleukin-17A (IL-17A)-, IL-17F-, IL-22-, and RORgamma-deficient CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells in RAG1-null mice...
- Luci C, Reynders A, Ivanov I, Cognet C, Chiche L, Chasson L, et al. Influence of the transcription factor RORgammat on the development of NKp46+ cell populations in gut and skin. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:75-82 pubmed publisher..Our data show that lymphoid tissue-inducer cells and natural killer cells shared unanticipated similarities and emphasize the heterogeneity of NKp46+CD3- cells in innate immunity, lymphoid organization and local tissue repair. ..
- Michel M, Mendes da Cruz D, Keller A, Lochner M, Schneider E, Dy M, et al. Critical role of ROR-?t in a new thymic pathway leading to IL-17-producing invariant NKT cell differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:19845-50 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings demonstrate an alternative thymic pathway leading to the development of iNKT17 cells that requires ROR-gammat expression. ..
- Meier D, Bornmann C, Chappaz S, Schmutz S, Otten L, Ceredig R, et al. Ectopic lymphoid-organ development occurs through interleukin 7-mediated enhanced survival of lymphoid-tissue-inducer cells. Immunity. 2007;26:643-54 pubmed..Mice overexpressing IL-7 but lacking either RORgamma, a factor required for LTi cell generation, or lymphotoxin alpha1beta2 had neither Peyer's patches nor ectopic ..
- Vonarbourg C, Mortha A, Bui V, Hernandez P, Kiss E, Hoyler T, et al. Regulated expression of nuclear receptor ROR?t confers distinct functional fates to NK cell receptor-expressing ROR?t(+) innate lymphocytes. Immunity. 2010;33:736-51 pubmed publisher..Our data also define a previously unappreciated role of ROR?t? NKR-LTi cells for the onset or maintenance of inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Magri G, Miyajima M, Bascones S, Mortha A, Puga I, Cassis L, et al. Innate lymphoid cells integrate stromal and immunological signals to enhance antibody production by splenic marginal zone B cells. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:354-364 pubmed publisher..Thus, ILCs integrate stromal and myeloid signals to orchestrate innate-like antibody production at the interface between the immune system and circulatory system. ..
- Aliahmad P, de la Torre B, Kaye J. Shared dependence on the DNA-binding factor TOX for the development of lymphoid tissue-inducer cell and NK cell lineages. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:945-52 pubmed publisher..Thus, many cell lineages of the immune system share a TOX-dependent step for development...
- Kang H, Angers M, Beak J, Wu X, Gimble J, Wada T, et al. Gene expression profiling reveals a regulatory role for ROR alpha and ROR gamma in phase I and phase II metabolism. Physiol Genomics. 2007;31:281-94 pubmed
- Austin S, Medvedev A, Yan Z, Adachi H, Hirose T, Jetten A. Induction of the nuclear orphan receptor RORgamma during adipocyte differentiation of D1 and 3T3-L1 cells. Cell Growth Differ. 1998;9:267-76 pubmed..RORalpha and RORgamma mRNA were upregulated during adipocyte differentiation in preadipocyte D1 and 3T3-L1 cells, whereas RORbeta mRNA ..
- Villey I, de Chasseval R, de Villartay J. RORgammaT, a thymus-specific isoform of the orphan nuclear receptor RORgamma / TOR, is up-regulated by signaling through the pre-T cell receptor and binds to the TEA promoter. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:4072-80 pubmed..RORgammaT cDNA clone was isolated from a thymus library using a probe corresponding to the DNA-binding domain of RORgamma / TOR...
- Kiss E, Vonarbourg C, Kopfmann S, Hobeika E, Finke D, Esser C, et al. Natural aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands control organogenesis of intestinal lymphoid follicles. Science. 2011;334:1561-5 pubmed publisher..Our results establish a molecular link between nutrients and the formation of immune system components required to maintain intestinal homeostasis and resistance to infections...
- Dang E, Barbi J, Yang H, Jinasena D, Yu H, Zheng Y, et al. Control of T(H)17/T(reg) balance by hypoxia-inducible factor 1. Cell. 2011;146:772-84 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of metabolic cues in T cell fate determination and suggest that metabolic modulation could ameliorate certain T cell-based immune pathologies. ..
- Sanos S, Bui V, Mortha A, Oberle K, Heners C, Johner C, et al. RORgammat and commensal microflora are required for the differentiation of mucosal interleukin 22-producing NKp46+ cells. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:83-91 pubmed publisher..IL-22 released by these cells promoted the production of antimicrobial molecules important in the maintenance of mucosal homeostasis. ..
- Possot C, Schmutz S, Chea S, Boucontet L, Louise A, Cumano A, et al. Notch signaling is necessary for adult, but not fetal, development of ROR?t(+) innate lymphoid cells. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:949-58 pubmed publisher..Therefore, fetal and adult environments influence the differentiation of ROR?t(+) cells differently. ..
- Lochner M, Ohnmacht C, Presley L, Bruhns P, Si Tahar M, Sawa S, et al. Microbiota-induced tertiary lymphoid tissues aggravate inflammatory disease in the absence of RORgamma t and LTi cells. J Exp Med. 2011;208:125-34 pubmed publisher..However, this comes at a high cost for the host and can lead to a deregulated B cell response and aggravated inflammatory pathology. ..
- Buonocore S, Ahern P, Uhlig H, Ivanov I, Littman D, Maloy K, et al. Innate lymphoid cells drive interleukin-23-dependent innate intestinal pathology. Nature. 2010;464:1371-5 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor ROR-gammat, which controls IL-23R expression, has a functional role, because Rag-/-Rorc-/- mice failed to develop innate colitis...
- Chung Y, Chang S, Martinez G, Yang X, Nurieva R, Kang H, et al. Critical regulation of early Th17 cell differentiation by interleukin-1 signaling. Immunity. 2009;30:576-87 pubmed publisher..Our data thus indicate a critical role of IL-1 in Th17 cell differentiation and this pathway may serve as a unique target for Th17 cell-mediated immunopathology. ..
- Hikosaka Y, Nitta T, Ohigashi I, Yano K, Ishimaru N, Hayashi Y, et al. The cytokine RANKL produced by positively selected thymocytes fosters medullary thymic epithelial cells that express autoimmune regulator. Immunity. 2008;29:438-50 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RANKL produced by positively selected thymocytes is responsible for fostering thymic medulla formation, thereby establishing central tolerance. ..
- Medvedev A, Chistokhina A, Hirose T, Jetten A. Genomic structure and chromosomal mapping of the nuclear orphan receptor ROR gamma (RORC) gene. Genomics. 1997;46:93-102 pubmed..mouse ROR gamma and the chromosomal localization of both mouse ROR gamma and human ROR gamma (HGMW-approved symbol RORC)...
- Cherrier M, Sawa S, Eberl G. Notch, Id2, and ROR?t sequentially orchestrate the fetal development of lymphoid tissue inducer cells. J Exp Med. 2012;209:729-40 pubmed publisher..Notch is therefore a necessary switch to engage the LTi developmental pathway, but needs to be turned off later to avoid diversion to the T cell fate...
- Wang Y, Kumar N, Solt L, Richardson T, Helvering L, Crumbley C, et al. Modulation of retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor alpha and gamma activity by 7-oxygenated sterol ligands. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5013-25 pubmed publisherThe retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptors alpha and gamma (RORalpha (NR1F1) and RORgamma (NR1F3)) are orphan nuclear receptors and perform critical roles in regulation of development, metabolism, and immune function...
- Tsuji M, Komatsu N, Kawamoto S, Suzuki K, Kanagawa O, Honjo T, et al. Preferential generation of follicular B helper T cells from Foxp3+ T cells in gut Peyer's patches. Science. 2009;323:1488-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, environmental cues present in gut Peyer's patches promote the selective differentiation of distinct helper T cell subsets, such as TFH cells. ..
- Xie H, Sadim M, Sun Z. RORgammat recruits steroid receptor coactivators to ensure thymocyte survival. J Immunol. 2005;175:3800-9 pubmed..we show that recruitment of SRCs is required for thymic-specific retinoic acid-related orphan receptor gamma (RORgamma)t-regulated thymocyte survival in vivo...
- Kurebayashi S, Ueda E, Sakaue M, Patel D, Medvedev A, Zhang F, et al. Retinoid-related orphan receptor gamma (RORgamma) is essential for lymphoid organogenesis and controls apoptosis during thymopoiesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10132-7 pubmedTo identify the physiological functions of the retinoid-related orphan receptor gamma (RORgamma), a member of the nuclear receptor superfamily, mice deficient in RORgamma function were generated by targeted disruption...