Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Robo2
Description: roundabout homolog 2 (Drosophila)
Alias: 2600013A04Rik, 9430089E08Rik, BB097918, D230004I22Rik, mKIAA1568, roundabout homolog 2
- A genetic model for a central (septum transversum) congenital diaphragmatic hernia in mice lacking Slit3Wenlin Yuan
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:5217-22. 2003..This study establishes the first genetic model for CDH and identifies a previously unsuspected role for Slit3 in regulating the development of the diaphragm...
- Robo1 regulates the development of major axon tracts and interneuron migration in the forebrainWilliam Andrews
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, UK
Development 133:2243-52. 2006....
- The role of Slit-Robo signaling in the generation, migration and morphological differentiation of cortical interneuronsWilliam Andrews
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Dev Biol 313:648-58. 2008..This process requires the coordinated action of many intrinsic and extrinsic factors. Here we show that Robo1 and Robo2 receptor proteins are dynamically expressed throughout the period of corticogenesis and colocalize with ..
- Molecular mechanisms controlling midline crossing by precerebellar neuronsThomas di Meglio
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UMR 7102, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:6285-94. 2008..To determine whether this signaling by Slits and the two other Robo receptors, Robo1 and Robo2, also regulates precerebellar neuron behavior at the floor plate, we studied the phenotype of Slit1/2 and Robo1/2/..
- Robo1 regulates semaphorin signaling to guide the migration of cortical interneurons through the ventral forebrainLuis R Hernández-Miranda
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:6174-87. 2011..Cortical interneurons also express Robo receptors, and we show here that in mice lacking Robo1, but not Robo2, these cells migrate aberrantly through the striatum...
- Collaborative and specialized functions of Robo1 and Robo2 in spinal commissural axon guidanceAlexander Jaworski
Division of Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Neurosci 30:9445-53. 2010..Robo1 and Robo2 are receptors for the midline repellents Slit1-Slit3, and upregulation of Robos in post-crossing axons allows ..
- The slit receptor Rig-1/Robo3 controls midline crossing by hindbrain precerebellar neurons and axonsValérie Marillat
CNRS UMR7102, Universite Paris 6, Batiment B, Case 12, 9 quai Saint Bernard, 75005 Paris, France
Neuron 43:69-79. 2004..These results demonstrate that Rig-1 controls the ability of both precerebellar neuron cell bodies and their axons to cross the midline...
- Slit2 and netrin 1 act synergistically as adhesive cues to generate tubular bi-layers during ductal morphogenesisPhyllis Strickland
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Santa Cruz, 95064, USA
Development 133:823-32. 2006..Thus, our data establish a novel role for SLIT2 as an adhesive cue, acting in parallel with NTN1 to generate cell boundaries along ducts during bi-layered tube formation...
- Evidence for the existence of two Robo3 isoforms with divergent biochemical propertiesLaura Camurri
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, King s College, London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 30:485-93. 2005..We propose that these properties of Robo3 may contribute to its function at the midline of the CNS...
- Robo family of proteins exhibit differential expression in mouse spinal cord and Robo-Slit interaction is required for midline crossing in vertebrate spinal cordElvira T Mambetisaeva
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Dev Dyn 233:41-51. 2005..as they approach, cross, and leave the midline of the developing mouse spinal cord and demonstrate that Robo1 and Robo2 bind Slit1 and Slit2, but Rig-1 does not...
- Robos are required for the correct targeting of retinal ganglion cell axons in the visual pathway of the brainCeline Plachez
The University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:719-30. 2008..Further, we found that axons exuberantly projected into the diencephalon. These defects were more pronounced in Robo2 than Robo1 knockout animals, implicating Robo2 as the predominant Robo receptor in visual system development.
- Rig-1 a new member of Robo family genes exhibits distinct pattern of expression during mouse developmentLaura Camurri
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Molecular Neurobiology Department, 4th Floor South Wing, New Hunt s House, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London SE1 1UL, UK
Gene Expr Patterns 4:99-103. 2004..In addition to Robo1 and Robo2, Rig-1 has been recently identified in mouse as a novel member of the Robo family of proteins...
- Dynamic expression patterns of Robo (Robo1 and Robo2) in the developing murine central nervous systemVasi Sundaresan
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, Guys Hospital Campus, Kings College London, London Bridge, SE1 1UL, UK
J Comp Neurol 468:467-81. 2004..The corticospinal tract is strongly positive throughout its course at all stages examined, including its decussation, formed at about P2 in the central part of the medulla oblongata...
- Multiple roles for slits in the control of cell migration in the rostral migratory streamKim T Nguyen-Ba-Charvet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U106, Bâtiment de Pédiatrie, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 24:1497-506. 2004..We show here that the Slit receptors Robo2 and Robo3/Rig-1 are expressed in the SVZ and the RMS and that Slit1 and Slit2 are still present in the adult ..
- Conserved roles for Slit and Robo proteins in midline commissural axon guidanceHua Long
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Neuron 42:213-23. 2004..In the vertebrate spinal cord, Robo1 and Robo2 are expressed by commissural neurons, whereas all three Slit homologs are expressed at the ventral midline...
- Alternative splicing of the Robo3 axon guidance receptor governs the midline switch from attraction to repulsionZhe Chen
Division of Research, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Neuron 58:325-32. 2008..The tight spatial regulation of opponent splice variants helps ensure high-fidelity transition of axonal responses from attraction to repulsion at the midline...
- Slit2 is a repellent for retinal ganglion cell axonsS P Niclou
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 20:4962-74. 2000..The putative receptors for Slits, robo1 and robo2, are expressed in the inner retinal layer in which RGCs are located...
- Requirement for Slit-1 and Robo-2 in zonal segregation of olfactory sensory neuron axons in the main olfactory bulbJin Hyung Cho
Montreal Neurological Institute, Centre for Neuronal Survival, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
J Neurosci 27:9094-104. 2007..These results indicate that the dorsal-to-ventral segregation of OSN axons are not solely defined by the location of OSNs within the OE but also relies on axon guidance cues...
- Cortical axon guidance by the glial wedge during the development of the corpus callosumT Shu
The University of Maryland, Baltimore, School of Medicine, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, and the Program in Neuroscience, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 21:2749-58. 2001..Furthermore, slit-2 repels-suppresses cortical axon growth in three-dimensional collagen gel cocultures...
- SLIT2-mediated ROBO2 signaling restricts kidney induction to a single siteUta Grieshammer
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Dev Cell 6:709-17. 2004..Here we show that mouse mutants lacking either SLIT2 or its receptor ROBO2, molecules known primarily for their function in axon guidance and cell migration, develop supernumerary ureteric ..
- Slit proteins prevent midline crossing and determine the dorsoventral position of major axonal pathways in the mammalian forebrainAnil Bagri
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, CA, USA
Neuron 33:233-48. 2002....
- Robo1 and Robo2 cooperate to control the guidance of major axonal tracts in the mammalian forebrainGuillermina López-Bendito
Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas and Universidad Miguel Hernández, 03550 Sant Joan d Alacant, Spain
J Neurosci 27:3395-407. 2007..In the present study, we addressed the function of Robo1 and Robo2 in the guidance of forebrain projections by analyzing Robo1-, Robo2-, and Robo1;Robo2-deficient mice...
- The role of floor plate contact in the elaboration of contralateral commissural projections within the embryonic mouse spinal cordStephanie R Kadison
Department of Pathology and Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Kennedy Center Rm 624, 1410 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Dev Biol 296:499-513. 2006..Thus, compared to FP contact, Slit-Robo interactions are more critical for driving commissural axons out of the VM and facilitating the elaboration of a subset of contralateral commissural projections...
- Robo1 and robo2 control the development of the lateral olfactory tractCoralie Fouquet
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, Paris, 75005 France
J Neurosci 27:3037-45. 2007..We show here that both Robo1 and Robo2 receptors are expressed on early developing LOT axons, but that only Robo2 is present at later developmental ..
- Disruption of ROBO2 is associated with urinary tract anomalies and confers risk of vesicoureteral refluxWeining Lu
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Hum Genet 80:616-32. 2007..This translocation disrupts ROBO2, which encodes a transmembrane receptor for SLIT ligand, and produces dominant-negative ROBO2 proteins that ..
- Dual branch-promoting and branch-repelling actions of Slit/Robo signaling on peripheral and central branches of developing sensory axonsLe Ma
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 27:6843-51. 2007..A similar phenotype is observed in Robo1;Robo2 double mutants, implicating Robo receptors in mediating this activity...
- Slit antagonizes netrin-1 attractive effects during the migration of inferior olivary neuronsFrédéric Causeret
INSERM U106, Hopital de la Salpetriere, 75013 Paris, France
Dev Biol 246:429-40. 2002..Our results indicate that slit silences the attractive effects of netrin-1 and could participate in the correct ventral positioning of ION, stopping the migration when cell bodies reach the floor-plate...
- The divergent Robo family protein rig-1/Robo3 is a negative regulator of slit responsiveness required for midline crossing by commissural axonsChristelle Sabatier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Anatomy and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, The University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell 117:157-69. 2004..These results identify a mechanism for regulating Slit repulsion that helps choreograph the precise switch from attraction to repulsion at a key intermediate axonal target...
- Retinal ganglion cell axon guidance in the mouse optic chiasm: expression and function of robos and slitsL Erskine
Department of Pathology, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 20:4975-82. 2000....
- The adaptor protein Nck2 mediates Slit1-induced changes in cortical neuron morphologyJennifer E Round
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, 266 Whitney Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, United States
Mol Cell Neurosci 47:265-73. 2011..Moreover, neurons derived from Robo1; Robo2 deficient mice do not display an increase in neurite length, indicating that endogenous Robos mediate Slit's ..
- Role of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 in kidney mesenchymeDavid Hains
Center for Cell and Developmental Biology, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Pediatr Res 64:592-8. 2008..Deletion of Fgfr2 did not change expression domains of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), Robo2, bone morphogenetic protein 4, or Sprouty1, all of which regulate ureteric bud induction...
- The pattern of glomerular map formation defines responsiveness to aversive odorants in miceJin Hyung Cho
Centre for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, and Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Neurosci 31:7920-6. 2011..Furthermore, these mice show decreased avoidance behavior toward the predator odorant trimethyl-thiazoline. Our results indicate that the pattern of glomerular innervation in the OB is critical for innate behavioral responses in mice...
- Evidence for a role of srGAP3 in the positioning of commissural axons within the ventrolateral funiculus of the mouse spinal cordClaire Bacon
Department of Human Molecular Genetics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19887. 2011..Co-immunoprecipitation experiments confirmed that srGAP3 interacts with the Slit receptors Robo1 and Robo2 and immunohistochemistry studies showed that srGAP3 co-localises with Robo1 in the ventral and lateral funiculus ..
- Noninvasive assessment of antenatal hydronephrosis in mice reveals a critical role for Robo2 in maintaining anti-reflux mechanismHang Wang
Renal Section, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24763. 2011..We recently showed that disruption of the Robo2 gene is associated with VUR in humans and antenatal hydronephrosis in knockout mice...
- Hox paralog group 2 genes control the migration of mouse pontine neurons through slit-robo signalingMarc J Geisen
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, UMR 7104, CU de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
PLoS Biol 6:e142. 2008..Moreover, the migration defects observed in Hoxa2 and Hoxb2 mutant mice were phenocopied in compound Robo1;Robo2, Slit1;Slit2, and Robo2;Slit2 knockout animals, indicating that these guidance molecules act downstream of Hox ..
- Robo1 and Robo2 have distinct roles in pioneer longitudinal axon guidanceMinkyung Kim
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Dev Biol 358:181-8. 2011..Two receptors, Robo1 and Robo2, are critical for longitudinal axon guidance by the Slit family of chemorepellents...
- Axon fasciculation in the developing olfactory nerveAlexandra M Miller
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Neural Dev 5:20. 2010..While regional segregation occurs in the mesenchyme, the final convergence of OR-specific subpopulations does not occur until the axons reach the inner nerve layer of the OB...
- MicroRNA-218 regulates vascular patterning by modulation of Slit-Robo signalingEric M Small
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas TX, USA
Circ Res 107:1336-44. 2010....
- Midbrain dopaminergic axons are guided longitudinally through the diencephalon by Slit/Robo signalsJames P Dugan
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:347-56. 2011..ventral regions within the diencephalon, and that subsets of the mdDA axons likely express Robo1 and possibly also Robo2. Slit2 was able to directly inhibit TH axon outgrowth in explant co-culture assays...
- Sequential arrival and graded secretion of Sema3F by olfactory neuron axons specify map topography at the bulbHaruki Takeuchi
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Cell 141:1056-67. 2010..Sequential arrival of OSN axons as well as the graded and complementary expression of Nrp2 and Sema3F by OSNs help to form the topographic order along the D-V axis...
- Robo-2 controls the segregation of a portion of basal vomeronasal sensory neuron axons to the posterior region of the accessory olfactory bulbJanet E A Prince
Montreal Neurological Institute, Centre for Neuronal Survival, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada
J Neurosci 29:14211-22. 2009..Together, these results identify Robo-2 as a receptor that controls the targeting of basal VSN axons to the posterior AOB...
- Heparan sulfate sugar modifications mediate the functions of slits and other factors needed for mouse forebrain commissure developmentChristopher D Conway
Genes and Development Group, Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 31:1955-70. 2011..At the corpus callosum we find that Hs6st1 has Slit-independent functions and our data indicate additional roles in FGF signaling...
- Slit2 activity in the migration of guidepost neurons shapes thalamic projections during development and evolutionFranck Bielle
INSERM, U1024, 75005 Paris, France
Neuron 69:1085-98. 2011..Our study reveals that subtle differences in the migration of conserved intermediate target neurons trigger large-scale changes in thalamic connectivity, and opens perspectives on Slit functions and the evolution of brain wiring...
- The role of Robo3 in the development of cortical interneuronsMelissa Barber
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
Cereb Cortex 19:i22-31. 2009A number of studies in recent years have shown that members of the Roundabout (Robo) receptor family, Robo1 and Robo2, play significant roles in the formation of axonal tracks in the developing forebrain and in the migration and ..
- Crucial roles of Robo proteins in midline crossing of cerebellofugal axons and lack of their up-regulation after midline crossingAtsushi Tamada
National Institute for Basic Biology, Myodaiji cho, Okazaki 444 8585, Japan
Neural Dev 3:29. 2008Robo1, Robo2 and Rig-1 (Robo3), members of the Robo protein family, are candidate receptors for the chemorepellents Slit and are known to play a crucial role in commissural axon guidance in the spinal cord...
- Robos and slits control the pathfinding and targeting of mouse olfactory sensory axonsKim T Nguyen-Ba-Charvet
Université Pierre et Marie Curie and Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unite Mixte de Recherche 7102, F 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:4244-9. 2008..Recently, it has also been shown that the axon guidance molecule Slit1 and its receptor Robo2 control the dorsoventral segregation of ORN axons as they are projecting to the OB...
- Further studies on cortical tangential migration in wild type and Pax-6 mutant miceD Jimenez
Departamento de Neurobiologia del Desarrollo, Instituto Cajal CSIC, Avenida del Doctor Arce 37, 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Neurocytol 31:719-28. 2002..The second factor is Robo-2, whose expression delimits a channel for the passage of migratory cells from the basal telencephalon to the cerebral cortex...
- On the topographic targeting of basal vomeronasal axons through Slit-mediated chemorepulsionBernd Knöll
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, New Hunt s House, Guy s Hospital Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
Development 130:5073-82. 2003....
- Slit and robo: expression patterns in lung developmentMark A Anselmo
Pediatric Pulmonary Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Harvard Medical School, Jackson 14, GRJ 1416, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 3:13-9. 2003..We conclude Slit/Robo are expressed in temporo-spatially adjacent domains suggesting interactive roles in pulmonary bronchiolar development...
- Expression of Vema in the developing mouse spinal cord and optic chiasmErik Runko
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Comp Neurol 451:289-99. 2002..the expression patterns of a variety of molecules known to play important roles in axon guidance, including Robo2, Neuropilin2, and SSEA...
- The transcription factor neurogenin 2 restricts cell migration from the cortex to the striatumP Chapouton
Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Development 128:5149-59. 2001..Taken together, these results show that distinct cues located in the cortico-striatal boundary restrict cells in the dorsal and ventral telencephalon...
- Slit1 is specifically expressed in the primary and secondary enamel knots during molar tooth cusp formationS Løes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Bergen, Arstadveien 19, Bergen, Norway
Mech Dev 107:155-7. 2001..In addition, our results show that Slit1 is the second known gene specifically located in the primary and secondary enamel knots...
- Expression patterns of Slit and Robo family members during vertebrate limb developmentN Vargesson
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 701 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mech Dev 106:175-80. 2001..the cloning and expression during limb development of the chicken Slit1, Slit2, and Slit3 ligands, and Robo1 and Robo2 receptor genes. We also compare the expression patterns of Robo1 and Robo2 in developing chick and mouse hindlimbs...
- Slit and robo expression in the developing mouse lungJames M Greenberg
Divisions of Pulmonary Biology and Neonatology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Dev Dyn 230:350-60. 2004..The temporal and spatial distribution of Slit and Robo mRNAs indicate that these genes may direct the functional organization and differentiation of fetal lung mesenchyme...
- Sim1 and Sim2 are required for the correct targeting of mammillary body axonsJean François Marion
Research Center, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Development 132:5527-37. 2005..Finally, we found that Sim1 and Sim2 act along compensatory, but not hierarchical, pathways, suggesting that they play similar roles in vivo...
- Robo4 stabilizes the vascular network by inhibiting pathologic angiogenesis and endothelial hyperpermeabilityChristopher A Jones
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Nat Med 14:448-53. 2008....
- Laminar organization of the developing lateral olfactory tract revealed by differential expression of cell recognition moleculesKoichiro Inaki
Laboratory for Neurobiology of Synapse, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
J Comp Neurol 479:243-56. 2004..These results suggest that newly generated immature axons are added to the most superficial lamina of LOT successively, leading to the formation of piled laminas with different maturational stages of the mitral cell axons...
- Dlx-dependent and -independent regulation of olfactory bulb interneuron differentiationJason E Long
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 27:3230-43. 2007..via regulating the expression of ErbB4 (v-erb-a erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 4), Robo2 (roundabout homolog 2), Slit1 (slit homolog 1), and PK2 (prokineticin 2), which have all been shown to play essential roles in ..
- Evidence for intrinsic development of olfactory structures in Pax-6 mutant miceD Jimenez
Instituto Cajal C S I C, E 28002 Madrid, Spain
J Comp Neurol 428:511-26. 2000..The intrinsic mechanisms and environmental cues in the telencephalon could be sufficient to promote axonogenesis in the projection neurons of the OB and guide their axons in a lateral prospective tract, in the absence of olfactory axons...
- Expression of the vertebrate Slit gene family and their putative receptors, the Robo genes, in the developing murine kidneyM Piper
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Mech Dev 94:213-7. 2000..b>Robo2 was detected in the induced MM surrounding the arborizing UT tips and later in the proximal end of the S-shaped ..
- Isolation and differential expression of two isoforms of the ROBO2/Robo2 axon guidance receptor gene in humans and miceYing Yue
Institute for Human Genetics, Mainz University School of Medicine, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Building 601, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Genomics 88:772-8. 2006..Here we describe novel isoform a of human ROBO2, which is initially strongly expressed in the fetal human brain but thereafter only weakly expressed in adult ..
- Development of midline cell types and commissural axon tracts requires Fgfr1 in the cerebrumShubha Tole
Department of Biological Sciences, Room B304, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Colaba, Mumbai, India
Dev Biol 289:141-51. 2006....
- Abnormal development of forebrain midline glia and commissural projections in Nfia knock-out miceTianzhi Shu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, and the Program in Neuroscience, The University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurosci 23:203-12. 2003..2001) appear relatively normal. These results support an essential role for midline glia in callosum development and a role for Nfia in the formation of midline glial structures...
- Patterning of the basal telencephalon and hypothalamus is essential for guidance of cortical projectionsOscar Marin
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Development 129:761-73. 2002..Furthermore, analysis of the expression of candidate molecules in the basal telencephalon and hypothalamus of Nkx2-1 mutants suggests that Slit2 contributes to this activity...
- Robo2 is required for Slit-mediated intraretinal axon guidanceHannah Thompson
Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, England, UK
Dev Biol 335:418-26. 2009..Using knockout mice, we have found that both of these guidance activities are mediated via Robo2. Of the four vertebrate Robos, only Robo1 and Robo2 are expressed by RGCs...
- Pioneer longitudinal axons navigate using floor plate and Slit/Robo signalsW Todd Farmer
Department of Biology, University of Nevada, Reno, NV 89557, USA
Development 135:3643-53. 2008..Genetic tests of Slit1 and Slit2, and the Slit receptors Robo1 and Robo2 were carried out in mutant mice...