Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Robo2
Description: roundabout guidance receptor 2
Alias: 2600013A04Rik, 9430089E08Rik, BB097918, D230004I22Rik, mKIAA1568, roundabout homolog 2
- Nguyen Ba Charvet K, Picard Riera N, Tessier Lavigne M, Baron van Evercooren A, Sotelo C, Chedotal A. Multiple roles for slits in the control of cell migration in the rostral migratory stream. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1497-506 pubmed..We show here that the Slit receptors Robo2 and Robo3/Rig-1 are expressed in the SVZ and the RMS and that Slit1 and Slit2 are still present in the adult ..
- Ma L, Tessier Lavigne M. Dual branch-promoting and branch-repelling actions of Slit/Robo signaling on peripheral and central branches of developing sensory axons. J Neurosci. 2007;27:6843-51 pubmed..A similar phenotype is observed in Robo1;Robo2 double mutants, implicating Robo receptors in mediating this activity...
- Mommersteeg M, Andrews W, Ypsilanti A, Zelina P, Yeh M, Norden J, et al. Slit-roundabout signaling regulates the development of the cardiac systemic venous return and pericardium. Circ Res. 2013;112:465-75 pubmed publisher..Expression of genes encoding Robo1 and Robo2 receptors and their ligands Slit2 and Slit3 was found in or around the systemic venous return and pericardium ..
- Medioni C, Bertrand N, Mesbah K, Hudry B, Dupays L, Wolstein O, et al. Expression of Slit and Robo genes in the developing mouse heart. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3303-11 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that patterned Slit-Robo signaling may contribute to the control of oriented cell growth during chamber morphogenesis of the mammalian heart. ..
- Takeuchi H, Inokuchi K, Aoki M, Suto F, Tsuboi A, Matsuda I, et al. Sequential arrival and graded secretion of Sema3F by olfactory neuron axons specify map topography at the bulb. Cell. 2010;141:1056-67 pubmed publisher..Sequential arrival of OSN axons as well as the graded and complementary expression of Nrp2 and Sema3F by OSNs help to form the topographic order along the D-V axis. ..
- Leyva D az E, del Toro D, Menal M, Cambray S, Sus n R, Tessier Lavigne M, et al. FLRT3 is a Robo1-interacting protein that determines Netrin-1 attraction in developing axons. Curr Biol. 2014;24:494-508 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a novel mechanism by which interactions between limited numbers of axon guidance cues can multiply the responses in developing axons, as required for proper axonal tract formation in the mammalian brain...
- Niclou S, Jia L, Raper J. Slit2 is a repellent for retinal ganglion cell axons. J Neurosci. 2000;20:4962-74 pubmed..The putative receptors for Slits, robo1 and robo2, are expressed in the inner retinal layer in which RGCs are located...
- Bagri A, Marin O, Plump A, Mak J, Pleasure S, Rubenstein J, et al. Slit proteins prevent midline crossing and determine the dorsoventral position of major axonal pathways in the mammalian forebrain. Neuron. 2002;33:233-48 pubmed
- Jaworski A, Long H, Tessier Lavigne M. Collaborative and specialized functions of Robo1 and Robo2 in spinal commissural axon guidance. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9445-53 pubmed publisher..Robo1 and Robo2 are receptors for the midline repellents Slit1-Slit3, and upregulation of Robos in post-crossing axons allows ..
- Chen Z, Gore B, Long H, Ma L, Tessier Lavigne M. Alternative splicing of the Robo3 axon guidance receptor governs the midline switch from attraction to repulsion. Neuron. 2008;58:325-32 pubmed publisher..The tight spatial regulation of opponent splice variants helps ensure high-fidelity transition of axonal responses from attraction to repulsion at the midline. ..
- Mambetisaeva E, Andrews W, Camurri L, Annan A, Sundaresan V. Robo family of proteins exhibit differential expression in mouse spinal cord and Robo-Slit interaction is required for midline crossing in vertebrate spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:41-51 pubmed..as they approach, cross, and leave the midline of the developing mouse spinal cord and demonstrate that Robo1 and Robo2 bind Slit1 and Slit2, but Rig-1 does not...
- Fouquet C, di Meglio T, Ma L, Kawasaki T, Long H, Hirata T, et al. Robo1 and robo2 control the development of the lateral olfactory tract. J Neurosci. 2007;27:3037-45 pubmed..We show here that both Robo1 and Robo2 receptors are expressed on early developing LOT axons, but that only Robo2 is present at later developmental ..
- Sabatier C, Plump A, Le Ma -, Brose K, Tamada A, Murakami F, et al. The divergent Robo family protein rig-1/Robo3 is a negative regulator of slit responsiveness required for midline crossing by commissural axons. Cell. 2004;117:157-69 pubmed..These results identify a mechanism for regulating Slit repulsion that helps choreograph the precise switch from attraction to repulsion at a key intermediate axonal target. ..
- Plachez C, Andrews W, Liapi A, Knoell B, Drescher U, Mankoo B, et al. Robos are required for the correct targeting of retinal ganglion cell axons in the visual pathway of the brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:719-30 pubmed publisher..Further, we found that axons exuberantly projected into the diencephalon. These defects were more pronounced in Robo2 than Robo1 knockout animals, implicating Robo2 as the predominant Robo receptor in visual system development.
- Shu T, Richards L. Cortical axon guidance by the glial wedge during the development of the corpus callosum. J Neurosci. 2001;21:2749-58 pubmed..Furthermore, slit-2 repels-suppresses cortical axon growth in three-dimensional collagen gel cocultures. ..
- Borrell V, Cárdenas A, Ciceri G, Galcerán J, Flames N, Pla R, et al. Slit/Robo signaling modulates the proliferation of central nervous system progenitors. Neuron. 2012;76:338-52 pubmed publisher..Here we report that central nervous system progenitors express Robo1 and Robo2, receptors for Slit proteins that regulate axon guidance, and that absence of these receptors or their ligands ..
- Marillat V, Sabatier C, Failli V, Matsunaga E, Sotelo C, Tessier Lavigne M, et al. The slit receptor Rig-1/Robo3 controls midline crossing by hindbrain precerebellar neurons and axons. Neuron. 2004;43:69-79 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Rig-1 controls the ability of both precerebellar neuron cell bodies and their axons to cross the midline. ..
- Camurri L, Mambetisaeva E, Sundaresan V. Rig-1 a new member of Robo family genes exhibits distinct pattern of expression during mouse development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:99-103 pubmed..In addition to Robo1 and Robo2, Rig-1 has been recently identified in mouse as a novel member of the Robo family of proteins...
- Cho J, Lépine M, Andrews W, Parnavelas J, Cloutier J. Requirement for Slit-1 and Robo-2 in zonal segregation of olfactory sensory neuron axons in the main olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2007;27:9094-104 pubmed..These results indicate that the dorsal-to-ventral segregation of OSN axons are not solely defined by the location of OSNs within the OE but also relies on axon guidance cues. ..
- Camurri L, Mambetisaeva E, Davies D, Parnavelas J, Sundaresan V, Andrews W. Evidence for the existence of two Robo3 isoforms with divergent biochemical properties. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;30:485-93 pubmed..We propose that these properties of Robo3 may contribute to its function at the midline of the CNS. ..
- Kadison S, Murakami F, Matise M, Kaprielian Z. The role of floor plate contact in the elaboration of contralateral commissural projections within the embryonic mouse spinal cord. Dev Biol. 2006;296:499-513 pubmed..Thus, compared to FP contact, Slit-Robo interactions are more critical for driving commissural axons out of the VM and facilitating the elaboration of a subset of contralateral commissural projections. ..
- Prince J, Cho J, Dumontier E, Andrews W, Cutforth T, Tessier Lavigne M, et al. Robo-2 controls the segregation of a portion of basal vomeronasal sensory neuron axons to the posterior region of the accessory olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2009;29:14211-22 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify Robo-2 as a receptor that controls the targeting of basal VSN axons to the posterior AOB. ..
- Cho J, Kam J, Cloutier J. Slits and Robo-2 regulate the coalescence of subsets of olfactory sensory neuron axons within the ventral region of the olfactory bulb. Dev Biol. 2012;371:269-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that Slits and Robo-2 are required for the formation of an accurate glomerular map in the ventral region of the OB. ..
- Farmer W, Altick A, Nural H, Dugan J, Kidd T, Charron F, et al. Pioneer longitudinal axons navigate using floor plate and Slit/Robo signals. Development. 2008;135:3643-53 pubmed publisher..Genetic tests of Slit1 and Slit2, and the Slit receptors Robo1 and Robo2 were carried out in mutant mice...
- Long H, Sabatier C, Ma L, Plump A, Yuan W, Ornitz D, et al. Conserved roles for Slit and Robo proteins in midline commissural axon guidance. Neuron. 2004;42:213-23 pubmed..In the vertebrate spinal cord, Robo1 and Robo2 are expressed by commissural neurons, whereas all three Slit homologs are expressed at the ventral midline...
- Lu W, van Eerde A, Fan X, Quintero Rivera F, Kulkarni S, Ferguson H, et al. Disruption of ROBO2 is associated with urinary tract anomalies and confers risk of vesicoureteral reflux. Am J Hum Genet. 2007;80:616-32 pubmed..This translocation disrupts ROBO2, which encodes a transmembrane receptor for SLIT ligand, and produces dominant-negative ROBO2 proteins that ..
- Sundaresan V, Mambetisaeva E, Andrews W, Annan A, Knöll B, Tear G, et al. Dynamic expression patterns of Robo (Robo1 and Robo2) in the developing murine central nervous system. J Comp Neurol. 2004;468:467-81 pubmed..The corticospinal tract is strongly positive throughout its course at all stages examined, including its decussation, formed at about P2 in the central part of the medulla oblongata. ..
- Grieshammer U, Le Ma -, Plump A, Wang F, Tessier Lavigne M, Martin G. SLIT2-mediated ROBO2 signaling restricts kidney induction to a single site. Dev Cell. 2004;6:709-17 pubmed..Here we show that mouse mutants lacking either SLIT2 or its receptor ROBO2, molecules known primarily for their function in axon guidance and cell migration, develop supernumerary ureteric ..
- Mommersteeg M, Yeh M, Parnavelas J, Andrews W. Disrupted Slit-Robo signalling results in membranous ventricular septum defects and bicuspid aortic valves. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;106:55-66 pubmed publisher..Expression of Robo1 and Robo2 receptors and their ligands, Slit2 and Slit3, was present in or adjacent to all cardiac cushions/valves...
- Bacon C, Endris V, Andermatt I, Niederkofler V, Waltereit R, Bartsch D, et al. Evidence for a role of srGAP3 in the positioning of commissural axons within the ventrolateral funiculus of the mouse spinal cord. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19887 pubmed publisher..Co-immunoprecipitation experiments confirmed that srGAP3 interacts with the Slit receptors Robo1 and Robo2 and immunohistochemistry studies showed that srGAP3 co-localises with Robo1 in the ventral and lateral funiculus ..
- Chatterjee M, Li K, Chen L, Maisano X, Guo Q, Gan L, et al. Gbx2 regulates thalamocortical axon guidance by modifying the LIM and Robo codes. Development. 2012;139:4633-43 pubmed publisher..guidance defects of Gbx2-deficient TCAs are associated with abnormal expression of guidance receptors Robo1 and Robo2. Finally, we demonstrate that Gbx2 controls Robo expression by regulating LIM-domain transcription factors through ..
- Zuhdi N, Ortega B, Giovannone D, Ra H, Reyes M, AsenciÃ³n V, et al. Slit molecules prevent entrance of trunk neural crest cells in developing gut. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015;41:8-16 pubmed publisher..These combined results confirm that Slit molecules are responsible for keeping the timeliness of colonization of the gut by neural crest cells. ..
- Dugan J, Stratton A, Riley H, Farmer W, Mastick G. Midbrain dopaminergic axons are guided longitudinally through the diencephalon by Slit/Robo signals. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:347-56 pubmed publisher..ventral regions within the diencephalon, and that subsets of the mdDA axons likely express Robo1 and possibly also Robo2. Slit2 was able to directly inhibit TH axon outgrowth in explant co-culture assays...
- Colak D, Ji S, Porse B, Jaffrey S. Regulation of axon guidance by compartmentalized nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Cell. 2013;153:1252-65 pubmed publisher..2 expression. These data show that local translation is regulated by mRNA stability and that NMD acts locally to influence axonal pathfinding. ..
- Vargesson N, Luria V, Messina I, Erskine L, Laufer E. Expression patterns of Slit and Robo family members during vertebrate limb development. Mech Dev. 2001;106:175-80 pubmed..the cloning and expression during limb development of the chicken Slit1, Slit2, and Slit3 ligands, and Robo1 and Robo2 receptor genes. We also compare the expression patterns of Robo1 and Robo2 in developing chick and mouse hindlimbs...
- Marcos Mondejar P, Peregrin S, Li J, Carlsson L, Tole S, Lopez Bendito G. The lhx2 transcription factor controls thalamocortical axonal guidance by specific regulation of robo1 and robo2 receptors. J Neurosci. 2012;32:4372-85 pubmed publisher..Lhx2 influences axon guidance and the topographical sorting of axons by regulating the expression of Robo1 and Robo2 guidance receptors, which are essential for these axons to establish correct connections in the cerebral cortex...
- Zhou W, Geng Z, Spence J, Geng J. Induction of intestinal stem cells by R-spondin 1 and Slit2 augments chemoradioprotection. Nature. 2013;501:107-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore Rspo1 and Slit2 may act as therapeutic adjuvants to enhance host tolerance to aggressive chemoradiotherapy for eradicating metastatic cancers. ..
- Conway C, Howe K, Nettleton N, Price D, Mason J, Pratt T. Heparan sulfate sugar modifications mediate the functions of slits and other factors needed for mouse forebrain commissure development. J Neurosci. 2011;31:1955-70 pubmed publisher..At the corpus callosum we find that Hs6st1 has Slit-independent functions and our data indicate additional roles in FGF signaling. ..
- Kim M, Fontelonga T, Roesener A, Lee H, Gurung S, Mendonca P, et al. Motor neuron cell bodies are actively positioned by Slit/Robo repulsion and Netrin/DCC attraction. Dev Biol. 2015;399:68-79 pubmed publisher..Our results show that motor neurons are actively migrating cells, and are normally trapped in a static position by Slit/Robo repulsion and Netrin-1/DCC attraction. ..
- Bjorke B, Shoja Taheri F, Kim M, Robinson G, Fontelonga T, Kim K, et al. Contralateral migration of oculomotor neurons is regulated by Slit/Robo signaling. Neural Dev. 2016;11:18 pubmed..high levels of both Slit1 and 2, and that oculomotor neurons express the repellent Slit receptors Robo1 and Robo2. Therefore, Slit signals are in a position to influence the migration of oculomotor neurons...
- Carr L, Parkinson D, Dun X. Expression patterns of Slit and Robo family members in adult mouse spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172736 pubmed publisher..While Slit1 and Robo2 are only expressed in peripheral axons and their cell bodies, Slit2, Slit3 and Robo1 are also expressed in ..
- O Sullivan M, Punal V, Kerstein P, Brzezinski J, Glaser T, Wright K, et al. Astrocytes follow ganglion cell axons to establish an angiogenic template during retinal development. Glia. 2017;65:1697-1716 pubmed publisher..Analysis of Robo1; Robo2 mutants, in which RGC axon guidance is disrupted, and Math5 (Atoh7) mutants, which lack RGCs, reveals that RGCs ..
- Kim M, Fontelonga T, Lee C, Barnum S, Mastick G. Motor axons are guided to exit points in the spinal cord by Slit and Netrin signals. Dev Biol. 2017;432:178-191 pubmed publisher..secreted Slit proteins are major floor plate repellents, and motor neurons express two Slit receptors, Robo1 and Robo2. Using mutant mouse embryos at early stages of motor axon exit, we found that motor exit points shifted ventrally ..
- Unni D, Piper M, Moldrich R, Gobius I, Liu S, Fothergill T, et al. Multiple Slits regulate the development of midline glial populations and the corpus callosum. Dev Biol. 2012;365:36-49 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data also indicate that some of the roles of Slit proteins at the midline may be independent of Robo signalling, suggestive of additional receptors regulating Slit signalling during development. ..
- Geisen M, di Meglio T, Pasqualetti M, Ducret S, Brunet J, Chedotal A, et al. Hox paralog group 2 genes control the migration of mouse pontine neurons through slit-robo signaling. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e142 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the migration defects observed in Hoxa2 and Hoxb2 mutant mice were phenocopied in compound Robo1;Robo2, Slit1;Slit2, and Robo2;Slit2 knockout animals, indicating that these guidance molecules act downstream of Hox ..
- Rama N, Dubrac A, Mathivet T, NÃ ChÃ¡rthaigh R, Genet G, Cristofaro B, et al. Slit2 signaling through Robo1 and Robo2 is required for retinal neovascularization. Nat Med. 2015;21:483-91 pubmed publisher..various Slit and Robo proteins and found that Slit2 potently and selectively promoted angiogenesis via Robo1 and Robo2 in mouse postnatal retina and in a model of ocular neovascular disease...
- Marin O, Baker J, Puelles L, Rubenstein J. Patterning of the basal telencephalon and hypothalamus is essential for guidance of cortical projections. Development. 2002;129:761-73 pubmed..Furthermore, analysis of the expression of candidate molecules in the basal telencephalon and hypothalamus of Nkx2-1 mutants suggests that Slit2 contributes to this activity. ..
- Ricaño Cornejo I, Altick A, García Peña C, Nural H, Echevarria D, Miquelajauregui A, et al. Slit-Robo signals regulate pioneer axon pathfinding of the tract of the postoptic commissure in the mammalian forebrain. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:1531-41 pubmed publisher..In E9.5-E11.5 mouse embryos, Robo1 and Robo2 are expressed in the nucleus origin of the TPOC (nTPOC), and Slit expression domains flank the TPOC trajectory...
- Round J, Sun H. The adaptor protein Nck2 mediates Slit1-induced changes in cortical neuron morphology. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;47:265-73 pubmed publisher..Moreover, neurons derived from Robo1; Robo2 deficient mice do not display an increase in neurite length, indicating that endogenous Robos mediate Slit's ..
- Ji J, Li Q, Xie Y, Zhang X, Cui S, Shi S, et al. Overexpression of Robo2 causes defects in the recruitment of metanephric mesenchymal cells and ureteric bud branching morphogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:494-500 pubmed publisherRoundabout 2 (Robo2) is a member of the membrane protein receptor family. The chemorepulsive effect of Slit2-Robo2 signaling plays vital roles in nervous system development and neuron migration...
- Tamada A, Kumada T, Zhu Y, Matsumoto T, Hatanaka Y, Muguruma K, et al. Crucial roles of Robo proteins in midline crossing of cerebellofugal axons and lack of their up-regulation after midline crossing. Neural Dev. 2008;3:29 pubmed publisherRobo1, Robo2 and Rig-1 (Robo3), members of the Robo protein family, are candidate receptors for the chemorepellents Slit and are known to play a crucial role in commissural axon guidance in the spinal cord...
- Cariboni A, Andrews W, Memi F, Ypsilanti A, Zelina P, Chedotal A, et al. Slit2 and Robo3 modulate the migration of GnRH-secreting neurons. Development. 2012;139:3326-31 pubmed publisher..Mice lacking Slit2 or Robo3 have a reduced number of GnRH neurons in the forebrain, but a normal complement of their supporting axons, pointing to a direct role for these molecules in GnRH neuron migration. ..
- Escalante A, Murillo B, Morenilla Palao C, Klar A, Herrera E. Zic2-dependent axon midline avoidance controls the formation of major ipsilateral tracts in the CNS. Neuron. 2013;80:1392-406 pubmed publisher..Together with previous reports, our data reveal a critical role for Zic2 as a determinant of axon midline avoidance in the CNS across species and pathways. ..
- Kuwako K, Kakumoto K, Imai T, Igarashi M, Hamakubo T, Sakakibara S, et al. Neural RNA-binding protein Musashi1 controls midline crossing of precerebellar neurons through posttranscriptional regulation of Robo3/Rig-1 expression. Neuron. 2010;67:407-21 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings indicate that Msi1-mediated posttranscriptional regulation of Robo3 controls midline crossing of precerebellar neurons...
- Thompson H, Andrews W, Parnavelas J, Erskine L. Robo2 is required for Slit-mediated intraretinal axon guidance. Dev Biol. 2009;335:418-26 pubmed publisher..Using knockout mice, we have found that both of these guidance activities are mediated via Robo2. Of the four vertebrate Robos, only Robo1 and Robo2 are expressed by RGCs...
- Gibson D, Tymanskyj S, Yuan R, Leung H, Lefebvre J, Sanes J, et al. Dendrite self-avoidance requires cell-autonomous slit/robo signaling in cerebellar purkinje cells. Neuron. 2014;81:1040-1056 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a role for the secreted molecule Slit2 and its receptor Robo2 in self-avoidance of cerebellar Purkinje cells (PCs)...
- Belle M, Godefroy D, Dominici C, Heitz Marchaland C, Zelina P, Hellal F, et al. A simple method for 3D analysis of immunolabeled axonal tracts in a transparent nervous system. Cell Rep. 2014;9:1191-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this method represents a unique and powerful imaging tool to study axonal connectivity in mutant mice. ..
- Tole S, Gutin G, Bhatnagar L, Remedios R, Hebert J. Development of midline cell types and commissural axon tracts requires Fgfr1 in the cerebrum. Dev Biol. 2006;289:141-51 pubmed
- James G, Key B, Beverdam A. The E3 ubiquitin ligase Mycbp2 genetically interacts with Robo2 to modulate axon guidance in the mouse olfactory system. Brain Struct Funct. 2014;219:861-74 pubmed publisher..These defects were similar to the olfactory bulb phenotype in loss-of-ROBO2 function mice...
- Long J, Garel S, Alvarez Dolado M, Yoshikawa K, Osumi N, Alvarez Buylla A, et al. Dlx-dependent and -independent regulation of olfactory bulb interneuron differentiation. J Neurosci. 2007;27:3230-43 pubmed..via regulating the expression of ErbB4 (v-erb-a erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 4), Robo2 (roundabout homolog 2), Slit1 (slit homolog 1), and PK2 (prokineticin 2), which have all been shown to play essential roles in ..
- Rugg Gunn P, Cox B, Lanner F, Sharma P, Ignatchenko V, McDonald A, et al. Cell-surface proteomics identifies lineage-specific markers of embryo-derived stem cells. Dev Cell. 2012;22:887-901 pubmed publisher..These results provide a comprehensive stem cell proteomic resource and enable new approaches to interrogate the mechanisms that regulate cell fate specification. ..
- Jaafar C, Omais S, Al Lafi S, El Jamal N, Noubani M, Skaf L, et al. Role of Rb during Neurogenesis and Axonal Guidance in the Developing Olfactory System. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016;9:81 pubmed publisher..This deficiency correlates with deregulated expressions of two key chemo-repellant molecules, Robo2/Slit1 and Nrp2/Sema3F that control the formation of dorsal-ventral topographic map of OSNs connections with OB ..
- Inaki K, Nishimura S, Nakashiba T, Itohara S, Yoshihara Y. Laminar organization of the developing lateral olfactory tract revealed by differential expression of cell recognition molecules. J Comp Neurol. 2004;479:243-56 pubmed..These results suggest that newly generated immature axons are added to the most superficial lamina of LOT successively, leading to the formation of piled laminas with different maturational stages of the mitral cell axons. ..
- Wang S, Ibrahim L, Kim Y, Gibson D, Leung H, Yuan W, et al. Slit/Robo signaling mediates spatial positioning of spiral ganglion neurons during development of cochlear innervation. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12242-54 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Slit/Robo signaling imposes a restriction force on SGNs to ensure their precise positioning for correct SGN-HC innervations. ..
- Hwang D, Kohl S, Fan X, Vivante A, Chan S, Dworschak G, et al. Mutations of the SLIT2-ROBO2 pathway genes SLIT2 and SRGAP1 confer risk for congenital anomalies of the kidney and urinary tract. Hum Genet. 2015;134:905-16 pubmed publisher..SRGAP1 is a small GTPase-activating protein in the SLIT2-ROBO2 signaling pathway, which is essential for development of the metanephric kidney...
- Domyan E, Branchfield K, Gibson D, Naiche L, Lewandoski M, Tessier Lavigne M, et al. Roundabout receptors are critical for foregut separation from the body wall. Dev Cell. 2013;24:52-63 pubmed publisher..In humans, genomic lesions containing Robo genes have been documented in CDH. Our findings suggest that separation of the foregut from the body wall is genetically controlled and that defects in this event may contribute to CDH. ..
- Barber M, di Meglio T, Andrews W, Hernández Miranda L, Murakami F, Chedotal A, et al. The role of Robo3 in the development of cortical interneurons. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19 Suppl 1:i22-31 pubmed publisherA number of studies in recent years have shown that members of the Roundabout (Robo) receptor family, Robo1 and Robo2, play significant roles in the formation of axonal tracks in the developing forebrain and in the migration and ..
- Runko E, Kaprielian Z. Expression of Vema in the developing mouse spinal cord and optic chiasm. J Comp Neurol. 2002;451:289-99 pubmed..the expression patterns of a variety of molecules known to play important roles in axon guidance, including Robo2, Neuropilin2, and SSEA...