Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ripk2
Description: receptor (TNFRSF)-interacting serine-threonine kinase 2
Alias: 2210420D18Rik, CARD3, CARDIAK, CCK, D4Bwg0615e, RICK, RIP2, receptor-interacting serine/threonine-protein kinase 2, tyrosine-protein kinase RIPK2
- RICK/RIP2 mediates innate immune responses induced through Nod1 and Nod2 but not TLRsJong Hwan Park
University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 178:2380-6. 2007b>RICK is a kinase that has been implicated in Nod1 and Nod2 signaling. In addition, RICK has been proposed to mediate TLR signaling in that its absence confers reduced responses to certain bacterial products such as LPS...
- Receptor-interacting protein-2 deficiency delays macrophage migration and increases intracellular infection during peritoneal dialysis-associated peritonitisMichelle L McCully
FOCIS Centre for Clinical Immunology and Immunotherapeutics, Robarts Research Institute, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Nephrol 28:879-89. 2008Early upregulation of receptor-interacting protein-2 (RIP2) expression during peritoneal dialysis (PD)-associated peritonitis correlates with a favorable clinical outcome, while failure to upregulate RIP2 correlates with a protracted ..
- The NOD/RIP2 pathway is essential for host defenses against Chlamydophila pneumoniae lung infectionKenichi Shimada
Division of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases, and Immunology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000379. 2009Here we investigated the role of the Nod/Rip2 pathway in host responses to Chlamydophila pneumoniae-induced pneumonia in mice. Rip2(-/-) mice infected with C...
- The kinase activity of Rip2 determines its stability and consequently Nod1- and Nod2-mediated immune responsesChiara Nembrini
Institute of Integrative Biology, Molecular Biomedicine, CH 8952 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 284:19183-8. 2009Rip2 (RICK, CARD3) has been identified as a key effector molecule downstream of the pattern recognition receptors, Nod1 and Nod2; however, its mechanism of action remains to be elucidated...
- Nod2 is required for the regulation of commensal microbiota in the intestineTanja Petnicki-Ocwieja
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:15813-8. 2009..Therefore, Nod2 and intestinal commensal bacterial flora maintain a balance by regulating each other through a feedback mechanism. Dysfunction of Nod2 results in a break-down of this homeostasis...
- The pattern recognition receptors Nod1 and Nod2 account for neutrophil recruitment to the lungs of mice infected with Legionella pneumophilaMariana S Frutuoso
Department of Cell Biology, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, FMRP USP, Ribeirao Preto, SP 14049 900, Brazil
Microbes Infect 12:819-27. 2010..By using mice deficient for Nod1, Nod2, and Rip2, we found that these receptors accounted for NE recruitment to the lungs of infected mice...
- The cytosolic sensors Nod1 and Nod2 are critical for bacterial recognition and host defense after exposure to Toll-like receptor ligandsYun Gi Kim
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Immunity 28:246-57. 2008..revealed that innate immune responses induced by bacterial infection relied on Nod1 and Nod2 and their adaptor RICK in macrophages pretreated with TLR ligands but not in naive macrophages...
- Inhibition of RIP2's tyrosine kinase activity limits NOD2-driven cytokine responsesJustine T Tigno-Aranjuez
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Genes Dev 24:2666-77. 2010..sarcoidosis susceptibility protein NOD2 (nucleotide oligomerization domain protein 2) binds to the protein kinase RIP2 (receptor-interacting protein 2) to coordinate NF-κB (nuclear factor κ B)-mediated cytokine responses...
- Signaling via the RIP2 adaptor protein in central nervous system-infiltrating dendritic cells promotes inflammation and autoimmunityPatrick J Shaw
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38104, USA
Immunity 34:75-84. 2011..NOD1 and NOD2 and their common downstream adaptor molecule, receptor interacting protein 2 (RIP2; also known as RIPK2 and RICK)...
- Essential role of Rip2 in the modulation of innate and adaptive immunity triggered by Nod1 and Nod2 ligandsJoao G Magalhaes
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Immunol 41:1445-55. 2011..Here, we investigated the role of Rip2, the adaptor for Nod1- and Nod2-dependent signaling, in multiple aspects of the host response to muramyl peptides ..
- NOD2 pathway activation by MDP or Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection involves the stable polyubiquitination of Rip2Yibin Yang
Department of Pathology, Case Western University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 282:36223-9. 2007The Rip2 kinase contains a caspase recruitment domain and has been implicated in the activation of the transcriptional factor NF-kappaB downstream of Toll-like receptors, Nod-like receptors, and the T cell receptor...
- Nod1/RICK and TLR signaling regulate chemokine and antimicrobial innate immune responses in mesothelial cellsJong Hwan Park
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Immunol 179:514-21. 2007..the chemokines CXCL1 and CCL2 as well as expression of inducible NO synthase and such responses required the kinase RICK. Mesothelial cells also produced chemokines in response to TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, and TLR5 agonists, but unlike that ..
- TLR2 and RIP2 pathways mediate autophagy of Listeria monocytogenes via extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) activationParas K Anand
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 286:42981-91. 2011..Here, we show that macrophages deficient in the TLR2 and NOD/RIP2 pathway display defective autophagy induction in response to L. monocytogenes...
- Recognition of cytosolic DNA activates an IRF3-dependent innate immune responseDaniel B Stetson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Immunity 24:93-103. 2006..These findings define an innate immune response to DNA linked to type I interferon production...
- The Crohn's disease protein, NOD2, requires RIP2 in order to induce ubiquitinylation of a novel site on NEMODerek W Abbott
Division of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Biol 14:2217-27. 2004..NOD2 can both strongly activate and negatively attenuate NF-kB signaling. The biochemical mechanism for this dual function of NOD2 is unknown...
- RICK, a novel protein kinase containing a caspase recruitment domain, interacts with CLARP and regulates CD95-mediated apoptosisN Inohara
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 273:12296-300. 1998Signaling through the CD95/Fas/APO-1 death receptor plays a critical role in the homeostasis of the immune system. RICK, a novel protein kinase that regulates CD95-mediated apoptosis was identified and characterized...
- Involvement of receptor-interacting protein 2 in innate and adaptive immune responsesArnold i Chin
Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Nature 416:190-4. 2002..To understand the physiological role of receptor-interacting protein 2 (Rip2), also known as RICK and CARDIAK, we generated mice with a targeted disruption of the gene coding for Rip2...
- RICK/Rip2/CARDIAK mediates signalling for receptors of the innate and adaptive immune systemsKoichi Kobayashi
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Nature 416:194-9. 2002..we show that the caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing serine/threonine kinase Rip2 (also known as RICK, CARDIAK, CCK and Ripk2) transduces signals from receptors of both immune responses...
- Differential activation of the inflammasome by caspase-1 adaptors ASC and IpafSanjeev Mariathasan
Molecular Oncology Department, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 430:213-8. 2004..The adaptors ASC, Ipaf and RIP2 have each been proposed to regulate caspase-1 (also called interleukin (IL)-1 converting enzyme), which is ..
- Induction of microRNA-155 is TLR- and type IV secretion system-dependent in macrophages and inhibits DNA-damage induced apoptosisManuel Koch
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin 10117, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1153-62. 2012..pylori pathogenicity factor, the T4SS, in the up-regulation of miR-155 in BMMs. We propose the antiapoptotic effects of miR-155 could enhance macrophage resistance to apoptosis induced by DNA damage during H. pylori infection...
- MyD88-, but not Nod1- and/or Nod2-deficient mice, show increased susceptibility to polymicrobial sepsis due to impaired local inflammatory responseFabiane Sonego
Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Departamento de Farmacologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brasil
PLoS ONE 9:e103734. 2014..during CLP-induced septic peritonitis because these events were similar in wild-type, Nod1-, Nod2-, Nod1/Nod2- and Rip2-deficient mice. Consequently, the local and systemic bacterial loads were not altered...
- An Islet-Targeted Genome-Wide Association Scan Identifies Novel Genes Implicated in Cytokine-Mediated Islet Stress in Type 2 DiabetesPoonam R Sharma
Department of Medicine P R S, E A D, J W R, C S N, Center for Public Health Genomics A J M, S S R, and Department of Chemistry E A D, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 Department of Biochemistry N D P, Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine Research N D P, Center for Diabetes Research N D P, Center for Public Health Genomics C D L, N D P, L E W, Department of Biostatistical Sciences C D L, and Division of Public Health Sciences L E W, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 Department of Physiology and Biophysics R M W, Department of Preventive Medicine, and USC Diabetes and Obesity Research Institute R M W, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033 and Institute for Translational Genomics and Population Sciences K D T and Department of Pediatrics K D T, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90502
Endocrinology 156:3147-56. 2015..3), F13a1 (6p25.3), Klhl6 (3q27.1), Nid1 (1q42.3), Pamr1 (11p13), Ripk2 (8q21.3), and Steap4 (7q21.12)...
- Control of NOD2 and Rip2-dependent innate immune activation by GEF-H1Yun Zhao
Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:603-12. 2012..Genetic variants of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2) lead to aberrant microbial recognition and can cause chronic inflammatory diseases in patients with Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Gut microbial metabolism drives transformation of MSH2-deficient colon epithelial cellsAntoaneta Belcheva
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 1A8, Canada
Cell 158:288-99. 2014..These data thereby provide an explanation for the interaction between microbiota, diet, and mismatch repair deficiency in CRC induction. PAPERCLIP:..
- Rip2 modifies VEGF-induced signalling and vascular permeability in myocardial ischaemiaLinda Andersson
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Wallenberg Laboratory, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Cardiovasc Res 107:478-86. 2015..In this study, we investigated the role of receptor-interacting protein 2 (Rip2) in VEGF signalling and myocardial ischaemia/reperfusion injury.
- Microbiota regulates type 1 diabetes through Toll-like receptorsMichael P Burrows
Department of Pathology and Committee on Immunology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:9973-7. 2015..Our results support the balanced signal hypothesis, in which microbes provide signals that both promote and inhibit autoimmunity by signaling through different receptors, including receptors of the TLR family. ..
- Saengmaeksan inhibits inflammatory mediators by suppressing RIP-2/caspase-1 activationMi Young Jeong
College of Korean Medicine, Institute of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 35:241-50. 2013..In this study, we attempt to determine the effects of SMS on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced inflammatory responses in mouse peritoneal macrophages...
- Ac2PIM-responsive miR-150 and miR-143 target receptor-interacting protein kinase 2 and transforming growth factor beta-activated kinase 1 to suppress NOD2-induced immunomodulatorsPraveen Prakhar
From the Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, Karnataka, India and
J Biol Chem 290:26576-86. 2015..microRNA expression profiling identified Ac2PIM-responsive miR-150 and miR-143 to target NOD2 signaling adaptors, RIP2 and TAK1, respectively...
- Regulatory role of CARD3 in left ventricular remodelling and dysfunction after myocardial infarctionLiangpeng Li
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Nanjing Hospital affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Changle Road 68, Nanjing, 210006, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Basic Res Cardiol 110:56. 2015Caspase activation and recruitment domain 3 (CARD3) is a caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing serine/threonine kinase and plays a pivotal role in apoptosis, immunity, tissue development and proliferation...
- Receptor-Interacting Protein Kinase-2 Inhibition by CYLD Impairs Antibacterial Immune Responses in MacrophagesKatharina Wex
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hospital Hygiene, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
Front Immunol 6:650. 2015..recognizes bacterial muramyl dipeptide and binds, subsequently, to receptor-interacting serine/threonine kinase 2 (RIPK2), which activates immune responses via the nuclear factor kappa-light-chain enhancer of activated B cells (NF-κB) ..
- RIP2/RICK-dependent cytokine production upon Yersinia enterocolitica infection in macrophages with TLR4 deficiencyY J Jeong
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Konyang University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Scand J Immunol 78:401-7. 2013Receptor-interacting protein 2 (RIP2) is a caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing serine/threonine kinase that is activated by NOD1 or NOD2 recognition of their ligands and essential for the activation of NF-κB and mitogen-..
- Nod2-mediated recognition of the microbiota is critical for mucosal adjuvant activity of cholera toxinDonghyun Kim
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Nat Med 22:524-30. 2016..These results show a role for the microbiota and the intracellular receptor Nod2 in promoting the mucosal adjuvant activity of CT. ..
- Nod/Ripk2 signaling in dendritic cells activates IL-17A-secreting innate lymphoid cells and drives colitis in T-bet-/-.Rag2-/- (TRUC) miceJoerg Ermann
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115 Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E2559-66. 2014..by nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain containing (Nod)/receptor-interacting serine-threonine kinase 2 (Ripk2) signals in DCs...
- Caspase recruitment domain-containing sensors and adaptors in intestinal innate immunityPetr Hruz
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 24:108-14. 2008..The present review discusses the physiological functions of selected caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing sensor and adaptor proteins and their role in the pathogenesis of intestinal diseases...
- Pellino3 ubiquitinates RIP2 and mediates Nod2-induced signaling and protective effects in colitisShuo Yang
Institute of Immunology, Department of Biology, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Ireland
Nat Immunol 14:927-36. 2013..Pellino3 directly bound to the kinase RIP2 and catalyzed its ubiquitination...
- Receptor-interacting protein 2 gene silencing attenuates allergic airway inflammationFera Y Goh
Department of Pharmacology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Health System, Singapore 119228
J Immunol 191:2691-9. 2013Persistent activation of NF-κB has been associated with the development of asthma. Receptor-interacting protein 2 (Rip2) is a transcriptional product of NF-κB activation...
- Joint NOD2/RIPK2 signaling regulates IL-17 axis and contributes to the development of experimental arthritisSilvio M Vieira
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo 14049 900, Brazil
J Immunol 188:5116-22. 2012..was generated in wild-type, NOD1(-/-), NOD2(-/-), or receptor-interacting serine-threonine kinase 2(-/-) (RIPK2(-/-)) immunized mice challenged intra-articularly with methylated BSA...
- The RIPK2 gene: a positional candidate for tick burden supported by genetic associations in cattle and immunological response of knockout mouseLaercio R Porto Neto
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, QLD, Australia
Immunogenetics 64:379-88. 2012..on BTA14 at ~72 Mb distal to the centromere, near the gene receptor-interacting serine-threonine kinase 2 (RIPK2)...
- Yersinia pseudotuberculosis effector YopJ subverts the Nod2/RICK/TAK1 pathway and activates caspase-1 to induce intestinal barrier dysfunctionUlrich Meinzer
Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Cell Host Microbe 11:337-51. 2012..but not the catalytically inactive mutant YopJ(C172A), acetylates critical sites in the activation loops of the RICK and TAK1 kinases, which are central mediators of Nod2 signaling, and decreases the affinity of Nod2 for RICK...
- Alcohol-fermented soybean increases the expression of receptor-interacting protein 2 and IκB kinase β in mouse peritoneal macrophagesHong Kun Rim
Department of Pharmacology, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
J Med Food 14:1181-9. 2011..used in combination with rIFN-γ, there was a co-operative activation of NF-κB and receptor-interacting protein 2 (Rip2)/IκB kinase (IKK)-β...
- NOD2 signaling contributes to host defense in the lungs against Escherichia coli infectionBalamayooran Theivanthiran
Laboratory of Lung Biology, Department of Pathobiological Sciences and Center for Experimental Infectious Disease Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Immun 80:2558-69. 2012..Although we demonstrated that RIP2 is important for host defense in the lungs against Escherichia coli, the individual roles of NOD1 and NOD2 in ..
- The ubiquitin ligase XIAP recruits LUBAC for NOD2 signaling in inflammation and innate immunityRune Busk Damgaard
Department of Disease Biology, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Mol Cell 46:746-58. 2012..We find that XIAP ubiquitylates RIPK2 and recruits the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex (LUBAC) to NOD2...
- Receptor interacting protein-2 contributes to host defense against Anaplasma phagocytophilum infectionBindu Sukumaran
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 66:211-9. 2012..phagocytophilum, are less understood. We herein report an unexpected role for Receptor interacting protein-2 (Rip2), the adaptor protein for the Nod-like receptors (NLRs), Nod1/Nod2, in the host immune response against A...
- Membrane damage during Listeria monocytogenes infection triggers a caspase-7 dependent cytoprotective responseSara K B Cassidy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002628. 2012..not require caspase-1 or key adaptors of the primary pathways of innate immune signaling in this infection, ASC, RIP2 and MyD88...
- CARD3 deficiency exacerbates diet-induced obesity, hepatosteatosis, and insulin resistance in male miceXin An Wang
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, and Cardiovascular Research Institute, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, China
Endocrinology 154:685-97. 2013Caspase activation and recruitment domain 3 (CARD3) is a 61-kDa protein kinase with an N-terminal serine/threonine kinase domain and a C-terminal CARD...
- Receptor interacting protein kinase 2-mediated mitophagy regulates inflammasome activation during virus infectionChristopher Lupfer
Department of Immunology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Nat Immunol 14:480-8. 2013NOD2 receptor and the cytosolic protein kinase RIPK2 regulate NF-κB and MAP kinase signaling during bacterial infections, but the role of this immune axis during viral infections has not been addressed...
- Signal transduction protein array analysis links LRRK2 to Ste20 kinases and PKC zeta that modulate neuronal plasticitySusanne Zach
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, CNS Research, Biberach an der Riss, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13191. 2010..LRRK2 has been linked to the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase family and the receptor-interacting protein kinases based on sequence similarity within the kinase domain and in vitro substrate phosphorylation...
- MDP-induced interleukin-1beta processing requires Nod2 and CIAS1/NALP3Qilin Pan
Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
J Leukoc Biol 82:177-83. 2007..showing that MDP-induced IL-1beta release requires Nod2 and CIAS1/NALP3 as well as receptor-interacting protein-2 (Rip2), apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing a caspase activation and recruitment domain (ASC), and caspase-..
- Pannexin-1-mediated recognition of bacterial molecules activates the cryopyrin inflammasome independent of Toll-like receptor signalingThirumala Devi Kanneganti
Department of Pathology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Immunity 26:433-43. 2007..These results provide evidence for cytosolic delivery and sensing of bacterial molecules as a unifying model for caspase-1 activation and position pannexin-1 as a mechanistic link between bacterial stimuli and the cryopyrin inflammasome...
- Caspase recruitment domain protein 6 is a microtubule-interacting protein that positively modulates NF-kappaB activationAlmut Dufner
Campbell Family Institute for Breast Cancer Research, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2C1
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:988-93. 2006..with receptor-interacting protein (RIP)-like interacting caspase-like apoptosis regulatory protein kinase (RICK), a CARD-containing member of the RIP family of protein kinases...
- Inhibition of RICK/nuclear factor-kappaB and p38 signaling attenuates the inflammatory response in a murine model of Crohn diseaseEike Hollenbach
Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg D 39120, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:14981-8. 2005..of NF-kappaB activation revealed that Rip-like interacting caspase-like apoptosis-regulatory protein kinase (RICK), a key component of a pathway leading to NF-kappaB induction, is also strongly inhibited by SB203580...
- Participation of Rip2 in lipopolysaccharide signaling is independent of its kinase activityChafen Lu
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16278-83. 2005Rip2 (Rick, Cardiak, CCK2, and CARD3) is a serine/threonine kinase containing a caspase recruitment domain (CARD) at the C terminus...
- Immune activation of type I IFNs by Listeria monocytogenes occurs independently of TLR4, TLR2, and receptor interacting protein 2 but involves TNFR-associated NF kappa B kinase-binding kinase 1Ryan M O'Connell
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, CA 90095, USA
J Immunol 174:1602-7. 2005..Additionally, we provide evidence that both the LM- and TLR-dependent pathways converge at TBK1 to activate type I IFNs, highlighting the central role of this molecule in modulating type I IFNs in host defense and disease...
- Inhibition of p38 MAP kinase- and RICK/NF-kappaB-signaling suppresses inflammatory bowel diseaseEike Hollenbach
Institute of Experimental Internal Medicine, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
FASEB J 18:1550-2. 2004..basis of NF-kappaB activation revealed that Rip-like interacting caspase-like apoptosis-regulatory protein kinase (RICK), a key component of a pathway leading to NF-kappaB induction, is also strongly inhibited by SB203580...
- Tissue-specific down-regulation of RIPK 2 in Mycobacterium leprae-infected nu/nu miceByoung Chul Kim
Institute of Hansen s Disease, Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Mediators Inflamm 13:51-2. 2004..leprae were down-regulated in the skin but were up-regulated in the liver. Overall, this suggests that regulation of RIPK 2 expression is tissue-specifically associated with M. leprae infection...
- Fundamental role of the Rip2/caspase-1 pathway in hypoxia and ischemia-induced neuronal cell deathWen Hua Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, 250012, People s Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:16012-7. 2003..Furthermore, we demonstrate that Rip2/Cardiak/Rick is a stress-inducible upstream modulator of pro-caspase-1 apoptotic activation...
- Rip2 participates in Bcl10 signaling and T-cell receptor-mediated NF-kappaB activationAstrid A Ruefli-Brasse
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 279:1570-4. 2004..Herein we demonstrate that Rip2, a caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing serine/threonine kinase, plays an important role in this cascade ..
- Protein kinase C-associated kinase (PKK) mediates Bcl10-independent NF-kappa B activation induced by phorbol esterAkihiro Muto
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31871-6. 2002..domain of PKK is highly homologous to that of two mediators of nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappa B) activation, RICK and RIP, but these related kinases have different C-terminal domains for binding to upstream factors...
- Type I interferon signaling is required for activation of the inflammasome during Francisella infectionThomas Henry
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Exp Med 204:987-94. 2007..This connection underscores the importance of the cytosolic recognition of pathogens and highlights how multiple innate immunity pathways interact before commitment to critical host responses...
- cDNA sequence, map, and expression of the murine homolog of GTBP, a DNA mismatch repair geneA Corradi
Department of Biological and Technological Research DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, Milan, 20132, Italy
Genomics 36:288-95. 1996..Studies of the expression of Gtmbp suggest that its regulated transcription is tightly linked to the level of DNA replication, consistent with the protein's DNA proofreading function...
- Coordinated regulation of Toll-like receptor and NOD2 signaling by K63-linked polyubiquitin chainsDerek W Abbott
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Room 5123 Wolstein Research Building, Cleveland, OH 44106, and Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6012-25. 2007..We further show that TRAF6 and NOD2/RIP2 share the same biochemical machinery (transforming growth factor beta-activated kinase 1 [TAK1]/TAB/Ubc13) to ..
- RIP2 contributes to Nod signaling but is not essential for T cell proliferation, T helper differentiation or TLR responsesHåkan T L Hall
Campbell Family Institute for Breast Cancer Research, Ontario Cancer Institute, Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Eur J Immunol 38:64-72. 2008Receptor-interacting protein 2 (RIP2), also known as CARDIAK and RICK, has been reported to play a role in both adaptive T cell responses and innate immunity as a mediator in TLR signaling and nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain (..
- RICK promotes inflammation and lethality after gram-negative bacterial infection in mice stimulated with lipopolysaccharideJong Hwan Park
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, and University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Infect Immun 77:1569-78. 2009b>RICK (receptor-interacting protein-like interacting caspase-like apoptosis regulatory protein kinase), a serine-threonine kinase, functions downstream of the pattern recognition receptors Nod1 and Nod2 to mediate NF-kappaB and mitogen-..
- Pharmacological postconditioning effect of muramyl dipeptide is mediated through RIP2 and TAK1Pierre Sicard
King s College London British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence, The Cardiovascular Division, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 7EH, UK
Cardiovasc Res 83:277-84. 2009..Receptor activation leads to intracellular signals through receptor interacting protein-2 (RIP2) and tumour growth factor-beta-activated kinase-1 (TAK1)...
- A NOD2-NALP1 complex mediates caspase-1-dependent IL-1beta secretion in response to Bacillus anthracis infection and muramyl dipeptideLi Chung Hsu
Departments of Pharmacology and Pathology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7803-8. 2008..Thus, NOD2 plays a key role in the B. anthracis-induced inflammatory response by being a critical mediator of IL-1beta secretion...
- Cellular inhibitors of apoptosis cIAP1 and cIAP2 are required for innate immunity signaling by the pattern recognition receptors NOD1 and NOD2Mathieu J M Bertrand
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Immunity 30:789-801. 2009..Here, we show that administration of MDP protected wild-type but not Ripk2(-/-) or Birc3(-/-) mice from colitis, confirming the role of the cIAPs in NOD2 signaling in vivo...
- Effective T-cell immune responses in the absence of the serine/threonine kinase RIP2Chiara Nembrini
Institute of Integrative Biology, Molecular Biomedicine, ETH Zurich, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Wagistrasse 27, CH 8952 Zurich Schlieren, Switzerland
Microbes Infect 10:522-30. 2008The serine/threonine kinase RIP2 has been reported to be essential for Nod1 and Nod2 mediated cell activation, and has been suggested to play a role in the signaling cascade downstream of the T-cell receptor...
- The role of RIP2 in p38 MAPK activation in the stressed heartSebastien Jacquet
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 283:11964-71. 2008..Studies in non-cardiac tissue have shown receptor-interacting protein 2 (RIP2) lies upstream of p38 MAPK, is SB203580-sensitive and ischemia-responsive, and aggravates ischemic injury...
- Phenotype and functions of spleen dendritic cells in RICK-knockout miceGenhong Yao
Immunology and Reproductive Biology Lab, Medical School and State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, PRChina
Int Immunopharmacol 10:130-3. 2010b>RICK (receptor-interacting caspase-like apoptosis-regulatory kinase), a protein kinase, promotes nuclear factor kappa B and caspase activation. Herein, in order to further learn the immune role of RICK, its gene in mice was knocked out...
- Transitions in oral and intestinal microflora composition and innate immune receptor-dependent stimulation during mouse developmentMizuho Hasegawa
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Infect Immun 78:639-50. 2010..of the intestinal microflora was still intact in NOD1-, NOD2-, TLR2-, TLR4-, TLR5-, TLR9-, TLR11-, ASC-, or RICK-deficient cells but still relied on the adaptor MyD88...
- Cooperation between multiple microbial pattern recognition systems is important for host protection against the intracellular pathogen Legionella pneumophilaKristina A Archer
Section of Microbial Pathogenesis, Yale University School of Medicine, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, 295 Congress Avenue, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Infect Immun 78:2477-87. 2010..b>Rip2 and Naip5/NLRC4 signaling was found to contribute to the innate immune response generated against L...
- MyD88-dependent signaling contributes to host defense against ehrlichial infectionYoung Sang Koh
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11758. 2010....
- Nod1 and Nod2 regulation of inflammation in the Salmonella colitis modelKaoru Geddes
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M6G 2T6, Canada
Infect Immun 78:5107-15. 2010..to the pathology, and all phenotypes were recapitulated in mice deficient for the signaling adaptor protein Rip2. However, the influence of Rip2 was strictly dependent on infection conditions that favored expression of the ..
- RIP2 is required for NOD signaling but not for Th1 cell differentiation and cellular allograft rejectionT Fairhead
The FOCIS Centre for Clinical Immunology and Immunotherapeutics, Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Transplant 8:1143-50. 2008Two previous reports that receptor-interacting protein (RIP)-2 knockout (RIP2-/-) mice had defective nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) signaling and T helper (Th)1 immune responses had led us to believe that this putative serine-..
- RIP2-mediated LKB1 deletion causes axon degeneration in the spinal cord and hind-limb paralysisGao Sun
Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, London, UK
Dis Model Mech 4:193-202. 2011..We thus define LKB1 as an intrinsic suppressor of axon degeneration and a possible target for strategies that can reverse this process...
- Induction of colonic regulatory T cells by indigenous Clostridium speciesKoji Atarashi
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Science 331:337-41. 2011....
- A critical role of RICK/RIP2 polyubiquitination in Nod-induced NF-kappaB activationMizuho Hasegawa
Department of Pathology, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
EMBO J 27:373-83. 2008..Nod1 and Nod2 stimulation activates NF-kappaB through RICK, a caspase-recruitment domain-containing kinase...
- RIP2 regulates growth and differentiation of normal myoblasts and of rhabdomyosarcoma cellsSvenja Ehlers
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Institute of Physiology, Arnimallee 22, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 87:163-72. 2008b>RIP2 is an important regulator of myoblast proliferation and differentiation...
- Non-apoptotic role of BID in inflammation and innate immunityGarabet Yeretssian
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 0B1, Canada
Nature 474:96-9. 2011..Our results define a novel role of BID in inflammation and immunity independent of its apoptotic function, furthering the mounting evidence of evolutionary conservation between the mechanisms of apoptosis and immunity...
- Polyubiquitin binding to ABIN1 is required to prevent autoimmunitySambit K Nanda
Medical Research Council Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Sir James Black Centre, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
J Exp Med 208:1215-28. 2011..The mutant B cells also proliferated more rapidly in response to TLR ligands. Our results indicate that the interaction of ABIN1 with polyubiquitin is required to limit the activation of TLR-MyD88 pathways and prevent autoimmunity...
- Anthrax toxin induces macrophage death by p38 MAPK inhibition but leads to inflammasome activation via ATP leakageSyed Raza Ali
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Immunity 35:34-44. 2011..Prevention of cell death or ATP release through constitutive p38 or AKT activation interfered with inflammasome activation and IL-1β production, thereby compromising antimicrobial immunity...
- Caspase-1 dependent IL-1β secretion is critical for host defense in a mouse model of Chlamydia pneumoniae lung infectionKenichi Shimada
Division of Pediatrics Infectious Disease and Immunology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center and David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21477. 2011..Interestingly, Caspase-1 activation during CP infection occurs with mitochondrial dysfunction indicating a possible mechanism involving the mitochondria for CP-induced inflammasome activation...
- Receptor-interacting protein 2 controls pulmonary host defense to Escherichia coli infection via the regulation of interleukin-17ATheivanthiran Balamayooran
Laboratory of Lung Biology, Department of Pathobiological Sciences and Center for Experimental Infectious Disease Research, Louisiana State University LSU, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 708031, USA
Infect Immun 79:4588-99. 2011..coli infection model using mice deficient in the gene coding for the NLR adaptor, receptor-interacting protein 2 (RIP2). RIP2(-/-) mice with E...
- MyD88-mediated signals induce the bactericidal lectin RegIII gamma and protect mice against intestinal Listeria monocytogenes infectionKatharina Brandl
Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Medicine, Immunology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 204:1891-900. 2007..Our findings support a model of MyD88-mediated epithelial conditioning that protects the intestinal mucosa against bacterial invasion by inducing RegIII gamma...
- Rip2 deficiency leads to increased atherosclerosis despite decreased inflammationMalin C Levin
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine Wallenberg Laboratory, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Circ Res 109:1210-8. 2011..Receptor-interacting protein 2 (Rip2) is a serine/threonine kinase that is involved in multiple nuclear factor-κB (NFκB) activation pathways, ..
- RIP2 kinase's function in Innate ImmunityDerek Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although critical, this specificity in signal transduction is poorly understood. The adapter protein kinase RIP2 may mediate a portion of this specificity...