Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rgs7
Description: regulator of G protein signaling 7
Alias: regulator of G-protein signaling 7, Regulator of G-protein signaling 7 (RGS7)
- Orlandi C, Posokhova E, Masuho I, Ray T, Hasan N, Gregg R, et al. GPR158/179 regulate G protein signaling by controlling localization and activity of the RGS7 complexes. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:711-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that the interaction of RGS proteins with orphan GPCRs promotes signaling selectivity in G protein pathways. ..
- Muntean B, Martemyanov K. Association with the Plasma Membrane Is Sufficient for Potentiating Catalytic Activity of Regulators of G Protein Signaling (RGS) Proteins of the R7 Subfamily. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:7195-204 pubmed publisher..In the nervous system, RGS7 and RGS9-2 play essential role in vision, reward processing, and movement control...
- Sutton L, Ostrovskaya O, Dao M, Xie K, Orlandi C, Smith R, et al. Regulator of G-Protein Signaling 7 Regulates Reward Behavior by Controlling Opioid Signaling in the Striatum. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;80:235-45 pubmed publisher..We used genetic approaches to ablate regulator of G-protein signaling 7 (RGS7) both globally and in specific neuronal populations...
- Tayou J, Wang Q, Jang G, Pronin A, Orlandi C, Martemyanov K, et al. Regulator of G Protein Signaling 7 (RGS7) Can Exist in a Homo-oligomeric Form That Is Regulated by GÎ±o and R7-binding Protein. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9133-47 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated RGS7 complexes using in situ chemical cross-linking...
- Nagata Y, Oda M, Nakata H, Shozaki Y, Kozasa T, Todokoro K. A novel regulator of G-protein signaling bearing GAP activity for Galphai and Galphaq in megakaryocytes. Blood. 2001;97:3051-60 pubmed..Thus, RGS18 may play an important role in proliferation, differentiation, and/or migration of megakaryocytes. ..
- Sarria I, Orlandi C, McCall M, Gregg R, Martemyanov K. Intermolecular Interaction between Anchoring Subunits Specify Subcellular Targeting and Function of RGS Proteins in Retina ON-Bipolar Neurons. J Neurosci. 2016;36:2915-25 pubmed publisher..It contains two Regulator of G-protein Signaling (RGS) proteins RGS7 and RGS11 that directly act on Go and two adaptor subunits: RGS Anchor Protein (R9AP) and the orphan receptor, ..
- Guay Woodford L, Wright C, Walz G, Churchill G. Quantitative trait loci modulate renal cystic disease severity in the mouse bpk model. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2000;11:1253-60 pubmed..Interestingly, the gene encoding RGS7, a regulator of G protein signaling that binds to polycystin-1, was mapped to the same Chr 1 interval...
- He W, Cowan C, Wensel T. RGS9, a GTPase accelerator for phototransduction. Neuron. 1998;20:95-102 pubmed..These unique properties of RGS9 match those of the rod outer segment GAP and implicate it as a key element in the recovery phase of visual transduction. ..
- Xie K, Allen K, Kourrich S, Colón Saez J, Thomas M, Wickman K, et al. Gbeta5 recruits R7 RGS proteins to GIRK channels to regulate the timing of neuronal inhibitory signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:661-3 pubmed publisherThe type 5 G protein beta subunit (Gbeta5) can form complexes with members of the regulator of G protein signaling 7 (RGS7) family, but its relevance to neuronal G protein signaling is unclear...
- Ostrovskaya O, Xie K, Masuho I, Fajardo Serrano A, Lujan R, Wickman K, et al. RGS7/G?5/R7BP complex regulates synaptic plasticity and memory by modulating hippocampal GABABR-GIRK signaling. elife. 2014;3:e02053 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that RGS7, in cooperation with its binding partner R7BP, regulates GABABR-GIRK signaling in hippocampal pyramidal neurons...
- Ray T, Heath K, Hasan N, Noel J, SAMUELS I, Martemyanov K, et al. GPR179 is required for high sensitivity of the mGluR6 signaling cascade in depolarizing bipolar cells. J Neurosci. 2014;34:6334-43 pubmed publisher..protein, GPR179, is required for DBC function and recruits the regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) proteins, RGS7 and RGS11, to the dendritic tips of the DBCs...
- Orlandi C, Xie K, Masuho I, Fajardo Serrano A, Lujan R, Martemyanov K. Orphan Receptor GPR158 Is an Allosteric Modulator of RGS7 Catalytic Activity with an Essential Role in Dictating Its Expression and Localization in the Brain. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:13622-39 pubmed publisher..A member of this family, RGS7, plays a critical role in the nervous system where it regulates multiple neurotransmitter GPCRs that mediate vision,..
- Mozhui K, Ciobanu D, Schikorski T, Wang X, Lu L, Williams R. Dissection of a QTL hotspot on mouse distal chromosome 1 that modulates neurobehavioral phenotypes and gene expression. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000260 pubmed publisher..Qrr1d contains a tRNA cluster, and this is a functionally pertinent candidate for the tRNA synthetases. Rgs7 and Fmn2 are other strong candidates in Qrr1d...
- Haraguchi S, Tsuda M, Kitajima S, Sasaoka Y, Nomura Kitabayashid A, Kurokawa K, et al. nanos1: a mouse nanos gene expressed in the central nervous system is dispensable for normal development. Mech Dev. 2003;120:721-31 pubmed..The nanos1 -deficient mice develop to term without any detectable abnormality and they are fertile. No significant neural defect is observed in terms of their behavior to date. ..
- Wang Q, Pronin A, Levay K, Almaca J, Fornoni A, Caicedo A, et al. Regulator of G-protein signaling Gβ5-R7 is a crucial activator of muscarinic M3 receptor-stimulated insulin secretion. FASEB J. 2017;31:4734-4744 pubmed publisher..Moreover, overexpression of Gβ5-RGS7 strongly promotes M3R-stimulated insulin secretion...
- Liapis E, Sandiford S, Wang Q, Gaidosh G, Motti D, Levay K, et al. Subcellular localization of regulator of G protein signaling RGS7 complex in neurons and transfected cells. J Neurochem. 2012;122:568-81 pubmed publisher..This family includes RGS6, RGS7, RGS9, and RGS11 gene products and is defined by the presence of the characteristic first found in Disheveled, Egl-..
- Sarria I, Pahlberg J, Cao Y, Kolesnikov A, Kefalov V, Sampath A, et al. Sensitivity and kinetics of signal transmission at the first visual synapse differentially impact visually-guided behavior. elife. 2015;4:e06358 pubmed publisher..These findings illustrate that neuronal circuit properties can be modulated by adjusting parameters of GPCR-based neurotransmission at individual synapses. ..
- Morgans C, Wensel T, Brown R, Perez Leon J, Bearnot B, Duvoisin R. Gbeta5-RGS complexes co-localize with mGluR6 in retinal ON-bipolar cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:2899-905 pubmed..immunofluorescence and co-immunoprecipitation, we have identified complexes of the Galphao-selective RGS proteins RGS7 and RGS11, with their obligate binding partner, Gbeta5, that are localized to the dendritic tips of murine rod and ..
- Wang Y, Fehlhaber K, Sarria I, Cao Y, Ingram N, Guerrero Given D, et al. The Auxiliary Calcium Channel Subunit α2δ4 Is Required for Axonal Elaboration, Synaptic Transmission, and Wiring of Rod Photoreceptors. Neuron. 2017;93:1359-1374.e6 pubmed publisher..4 function, but is not required for ribbon organization, synaptogenesis, or synaptic transmission. These findings offer insights into retinal pathologies associated with α2δ4 dysfunction. ..