Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rgs16
Description: regulator of G-protein signaling 16
Alias: Rgs14, Rgsr, regulator of G-protein signaling 16, A28-RGS14P, RGS-R, retinal-specific RGS, retinally abundant regulator of G-protein signaling
- Chen C, Wieland T, Simon M. RGS-r, a retinal specific RGS protein, binds an intermediate conformation of transducin and enhances recycling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:12885-9 pubmed..We show that a novel retinal specific RGS-motif protein specifically binds to an intermediate conformation involved in GTP hydrolysis by transducin ..
- Karim Z, Alshbool F, Vemana H, Conlon C, Druey K, Khasawneh F. CXCL12 regulates platelet activation via the regulator of G-protein signaling 16. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:314-21 pubmed publisher..One of the members of this family, RGS16, is highly expressed in megakaryocytes and platelets...
- Druey K, Ugur O, Caron J, Chen C, Backlund P, Jones T. Amino-terminal cysteine residues of RGS16 are required for palmitoylation and modulation of Gi- and Gq-mediated signaling. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:18836-42 pubmed..We investigated the function of palmitoylation for RGS16, which shares conserved amino-terminal cysteines with RGS4 and RGS5...
- Buckbinder L, Velasco Miguel S, Chen Y, Xu N, Talbott R, Gelbert L, et al. The p53 tumor suppressor targets a novel regulator of G protein signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:7868-72 pubmed..Herein we report on the identification of a novel p53 target gene (A28-RGS14) that is induced in response to genotoxic stress and encodes a novel member of a family of regulators of G protein ..
- Lippert E, Yowe D, Gonzalo J, Justice J, Webster J, Fedyk E, et al. Role of regulator of G protein signaling 16 in inflammation-induced T lymphocyte migration and activation. J Immunol. 2003;171:1542-55 pubmed..To explore the role of RGS16 in T lymphocyte-dependent immune responses in a whole-organism model, we generated transgenic (Tg) mice expressing ..
- Gohlke J, Armant O, Parham F, Smith M, Zimmer C, Castro D, et al. Characterization of the proneural gene regulatory network during mouse telencephalon development. BMC Biol. 2008;6:15 pubmed publisher..Together, these data shed light on the molecular pathways regulated by proneural genes and demonstrate that the integration of experimentation with bioinformatics can guide both hypothesis testing and hypothesis generation. ..
- Hiol A, Davey P, Osterhout J, Waheed A, Fischer E, Chen C, et al. Palmitoylation regulates regulators of G-protein signaling (RGS) 16 function. I. Mutation of amino-terminal cysteine residues on RGS16 prevents its targeting to lipid rafts and palmitoylation of an internal cysteine residue. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19301-8 pubmed..For RGS16, mutation of Cys-2 and Cys-12 blocks its incorporation of [3H]palmitate and ability to turn-off Gi and Gq ..
- Yowe D, Weich N, Prabhudas M, Poisson L, Errada P, Kapeller R, et al. RGS18 is a myeloerythroid lineage-specific regulator of G-protein-signalling molecule highly expressed in megakaryocytes. Biochem J. 2001;359:109-18 pubmed..RGS1, RGS2 and RGS16, other members of the R4 subfamily, were expressed in distinct progenitor and mature myeloerythroid and lymphoid ..
- Hayasaka N, Aoki K, Kinoshita S, Yamaguchi S, Wakefield J, Tsuji Kawahara S, et al. Attenuated food anticipatory activity and abnormal circadian locomotor rhythms in Rgs16 knockdown mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17655 pubmed publisher..Previous studies have demonstrated that the Rgs16 transcripts exhibit robust circadian rhythms both in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), the master circadian light-..
- Shankar S, Wilson M, DiVietro J, Mentink Kane M, Xie Z, Wynn T, et al. RGS16 attenuates pulmonary Th2/Th17 inflammatory responses. J Immunol. 2012;188:6347-56 pubmed publisher..b>RGS16 is enriched in activated/effector T lymphocytes...
- Xie S, Li J, Wang J, Wu Q, Yang P, Hsu H, et al. IL-17 activates the canonical NF-kappaB signaling pathway in autoimmune B cells of BXD2 mice to upregulate the expression of regulators of G-protein signaling 16. J Immunol. 2010;184:2289-96 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of p65 phosphorylation downregulated RGS16 expression and abrogated the IL-17-induced chemotactic arrest of B cells in response to CXCL12...
- Ding Y, Li J, Wu Q, Yang P, Luo B, Xie S, et al. IL-17RA is essential for optimal localization of follicular Th cells in the germinal center light zone to promote autoantibody-producing B cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:1614-24 pubmed publisher..IL-17 upregulated the expression of regulator of G-protein signaling 16 (RGS16) to promote the ability of TFH to form conjugates with B cells, which was abolished in TFH cells from BXD2-Rgs16(-/..
- Doi M, Ishida A, Miyake A, Sato M, Komatsu R, Yamazaki F, et al. Circadian regulation of intracellular G-protein signalling mediates intercellular synchrony and rhythmicity in the suprachiasmatic nucleus. Nat Commun. 2011;2:327 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the amount of RGS16 (regulator of G protein signalling 16), a protein known to inactivate G?i, increases at a selective circadian time ..
- Pehrson J, Changolkar L, Costanzi C, Leu N. Mice without macroH2A histone variants. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4523-33 pubmed publisher..MacroH2A-dependent gene regulation changes substantially in postnatal development and can be strongly affected by fasting. We propose that macroH2As produce adaptive changes to gene expression, which in the liver focus on metabolism. ..
- Hidvegi T, Mirnics K, Hale P, Ewing M, Beckett C, Perlmutter D. Regulator of G Signaling 16 is a marker for the distinct endoplasmic reticulum stress state associated with aggregated mutant alpha1-antitrypsin Z in the classical form of alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:27769-80 pubmed..Of several distinct gene expression profiles, marked up-regulation of regulator of G signaling (RGS16) was particularly notable...
- Villasenor A, Wang Z, Rivera L, Ocal O, Asterholm I, Scherer P, et al. Rgs16 and Rgs8 in embryonic endocrine pancreas and mouse models of diabetes. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:567-80 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the regulators of G protein signaling Rgs16 and Rgs8 are expressed in pancreatic progenitor and endocrine cells during development, then extinguished in ..
- Pashkov V, Huang J, Parameswara V, Kedzierski W, Kurrasch D, Tall G, et al. Regulator of G protein signaling (RGS16) inhibits hepatic fatty acid oxidation in a carbohydrate response element-binding protein (ChREBP)-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15116-25 pubmed publisher..Herein we determined the role of Rgs16 in GPCR regulation of liver metabolism...