Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rgs14
Description: regulator of G-protein signaling 14
Alias: RPIP1, regulator of G-protein signaling 14, RAP1/RAP2-interacting protein, rap1/rap2 interacting protein
- Lee S, Simons S, Heldt S, Zhao M, Schroeder J, Vellano C, et al. RGS14 is a natural suppressor of both synaptic plasticity in CA2 neurons and hippocampal-based learning and memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:16994-8 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the signaling protein RGS14 is highly enriched in CA2 pyramidal neurons and plays a role in suppression of both synaptic plasticity at these ..
- Rodríguez Muñoz M, de la Torre Madrid E, Gaitan G, Sánchez Blázquez P, Garzón J. RGS14 prevents morphine from internalizing Mu-opioid receptors in periaqueductal gray neurons. Cell Signal. 2007;19:2558-71 pubmed..The regulator of G-protein signaling, the RGS14 protein, associates with MORs in periaqueductal gray matter (PAG) neurons, and when RGS14 is silenced morphine ..
- Martin McCaffrey L, Hains M, Pritchard G, Pajak A, Dagnino L, Siderovski D, et al. Differential expression of regulator of G-protein signaling R12 subfamily members during mouse development. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:438-44 pubmed..The mammalian R12 RGS protein subfamily is composed of RGS12 and RGS14, two proteins characterized by their multidomain architecture of hallmark RGS domain, tandem Ras-binding domains (..
- Martin McCaffrey L, Willard F, Pajak A, Dagnino L, Siderovski D, D Souza S. RGS14 is a microtubule-associated protein. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:953-60 pubmed..elegans, D. melanogaster and mammals. We recently demonstrated that RGS14 is required for completion of the first mitotic division of the mouse embryo, and that it regulates microtubule ..
- Cho H, Kehrl J. Localization of Gi alpha proteins in the centrosomes and at the midbody: implication for their role in cell division. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:245-55 pubmed..Fluorescence resonance energy transfer analysis confirms a direct interaction between RGS14 and G(ialpha1) in centrosomes...
- Mittal V, Linder M. Biochemical characterization of RGS14: RGS14 activity towards G-protein alpha subunits is independent of its binding to Rap2A. Biochem J. 2006;394:309-15 pubmed..b>RGS14 accelerates GTP hydrolysis by G(ialpha) family members through its RGS domain and suppresses guanine nucleotide ..
- Nagata Y, Oda M, Nakata H, Shozaki Y, Kozasa T, Todokoro K. A novel regulator of G-protein signaling bearing GAP activity for Galphai and Galphaq in megakaryocytes. Blood. 2001;97:3051-60 pubmed..Thus, RGS18 may play an important role in proliferation, differentiation, and/or migration of megakaryocytes. ..
- Evans P, Lee S, Smith Y, Hepler J. Postnatal developmental expression of regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14) in the mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2014;522:186-203 pubmed publisherb>Regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14) is a multifunctional scaffolding protein that integrates G protein and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathways...