Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rfx3
Description: regulatory factor X, 3 (influences HLA class II expression)
Alias: C230093O12Rik, MRFX3, transcription factor RFX3, regulatory factor X 3
- Ashique A, Choe Y, Karlen M, May S, Phamluong K, Solloway M, et al. The Rfx4 transcription factor modulates Shh signaling by regional control of ciliogenesis. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra70 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Rfx4 is a regionally specific transcriptional regulator of ciliogenesis and thus is also a regionally specific modulator of Shh signaling during development of the central nervous system. ..
- Laclef C, Anselme I, Besse L, Catala M, Palmyre A, Baas D, et al. The role of primary cilia in corpus callosum formation is mediated by production of the Gli3 repressor. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:4997-5014 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Gli3(Î”699) also rescues AgCC in Rfx3(-/-) embryos deficient for the ciliogenic RFX3 transcription factor that regulates the expression of several ..
- Elkon R, Milon B, Morrison L, Shah M, Vijayakumar S, Racherla M, et al. RFX transcription factors are essential for hearing in mice. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8549 pubmed publisher..We show that these mice are deaf secondary to rapid loss of initially well-formed outer HCs. These data identify an essential role for RFX in hearing and survival of the terminally differentiating outer HCs. ..
- Beckers A, Alten L, Viebahn C, Andre P, Gossler A. The mouse homeobox gene Noto regulates node morphogenesis, notochordal ciliogenesis, and left right patterning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:15765-70 pubmed..Likewise, the transcription factor Rfx3, which regulates cilia growth, was not expressed in Noto mutants, and various other genes important for ..
- Feistel K, Blum M. Three types of cilia including a novel 9+4 axoneme on the notochordal plate of the rabbit embryo. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:3348-58 pubmed..Transcription of ciliary marker genes Foxj1, Rfx3, lrd, polaris, and Kif3a initiated in Hensen's node and persisted in the nascent notochord...
- Bangs F, Schrode N, Hadjantonakis A, Anderson K. Lineage specificity of primary cilia in the mouse embryo. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:113-22 pubmed publisher..The lineage-dependent distribution of cilia is stable throughout much of gestation, defining which cells in the placenta and yolk sac are able to respond to Hedgehog ligands. ..
- Goggolidou P, Stevens J, Agueci F, Keynton J, Wheway G, Grimes D, et al. ATMIN is a transcriptional regulator of both lung morphogenesis and ciliogenesis. Development. 2014;141:3966-77 pubmed publisher..This identifies potential novel components of cytoplasmic dynein 2 and furthermore provides fresh insights into the molecular pathogenesis of human skeletal ciliopathies. ..
- Zega K, Jovanovic V, Vitic Z, Niedzielska M, Knaapi L, Jukic M, et al. Dusp16 Deficiency Causes Congenital Obstructive Hydrocephalus and Brain Overgrowth by Expansion of the Neural Progenitor Pool. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:372 pubmed publisher..Moreover our results suggest that a lack of functional Dusp16 could play a central role in the molecular mechanisms linking brain overgrowth and hydrocephalus. ..
- Lee K, Tan J, Morris M, Rizzoti K, Hughes J, Cheah P, et al. Congenital hydrocephalus and abnormal subcommissural organ development in Sox3 transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29041 pubmed publisher..This study provides further evidence that SCO function is essential for the prevention of hydrocephalus and indicates that overexpression of Sox3 in the dorsal midline alters progenitor cell differentiation in a dose-dependent manner. ..
- Alten L, Schuster Gossler K, Beckers A, Groos S, Ulmer B, Hegermann J, et al. Differential regulation of node formation, nodal ciliogenesis and cilia positioning by Noto and Foxj1. Development. 2012;139:1276-84 pubmed publisher..We also show that Foxj1 is essential for ciliogenesis upstream of Rfx3 in the node...
- Li Y, Liu J, McLaughlin N, Bachvarov D, Saifudeen Z, El Dahr S. Genome-wide analysis of the p53 gene regulatory network in the developing mouse kidney. Physiol Genomics. 2013;45:948-64 pubmed publisher..We conclude p53 targets transcriptional networks regulating nephrogenesis and cellular metabolism during kidney development. ..
- Barratt K, Glanville Jones H, Arkell R. The Zic2 gene directs the formation and function of node cilia to control cardiac situs. Genesis. 2014;52:626-35 pubmed publisher..The expression of the Noto, Rfx3, and Foxj1 transcription factors known to regulate ciliogenesis is greatly depleted in the mid-gastrula node of ..
- Ait Lounis A, Bonal C, Seguín Estévez Q, Schmid C, Bucher P, Herrera P, et al. The transcription factor Rfx3 regulates beta-cell differentiation, function, and glucokinase expression. Diabetes. 2010;59:1674-85 pubmed publisherPancreatic islets of perinatal mice lacking the transcription factor Rfx3 exhibit a marked reduction in insulin-producing beta-cells...
- Shinohara K, Kawasumi A, Takamatsu A, Yoshiba S, Botilde Y, Motoyama N, et al. Two rotating cilia in the node cavity are sufficient to break left-right symmetry in the mouse embryo. Nat Commun. 2012;3:622 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the existence of a highly sensitive system in the node that is able to sense an extremely weak unidirectional flow, and may favour a model in which the flow is sensed as a mechanical force. ..
- Bae B, Tietjen I, Atabay K, Evrony G, Johnson M, Asare E, et al. Evolutionarily dynamic alternative splicing of GPR56 regulates regional cerebral cortical patterning. Science. 2014;343:764-8 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a mechanism by which control of GPR56 expression pattern by multiple alternative promoters can influence stem cell proliferation, gyral patterning, and, potentially, neocortex evolution...
- Alvarez Saavedra M, De Repentigny Y, Lagali P, Raghu Ram E, Yan K, Hashem E, et al. Snf2h-mediated chromatin organization and histone H1 dynamics govern cerebellar morphogenesis and neural maturation. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4181 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal that Snf2h controls chromatin organization and histone H1 dynamics for the establishment of gene expression programs underlying cerebellar morphogenesis and neural maturation. ..
- el Zein L, Ait Lounis A, Morlé L, Thomas J, Chhin B, Spassky N, et al. RFX3 governs growth and beating efficiency of motile cilia in mouse and controls the expression of genes involved in human ciliopathies. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:3180-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we have taken advantage of a novel primary-cell culture system derived from mouse brain to show that RFX3 is also necessary for biogenesis of motile cilia...
- Zhang D, Harry G, Blackshear P, Zeldin D. G-protein pathway suppressor 2 (GPS2) interacts with the regulatory factor X4 variant 3 (RFX4_v3) and functions as a transcriptional co-activator. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8580-90 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we conclude that GPS2 interacts with RFX4_v3 to modulate transactivation of genes involved in brain morphogenesis, including Cx3Cl1. ..
- Dubruille R, Laurencon A, Vandaele C, Shishido E, Coulon Bublex M, Swoboda P, et al. Drosophila regulatory factor X is necessary for ciliated sensory neuron differentiation. Development. 2002;129:5487-98 pubmed..These results identify Rfx as an essential regulator of ciliated sensory neuron differentiation in Drosophila. ..