Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Reg2
Description: regenerating islet-derived 2
Alias: PSP, PTP, REG-2, lithostathine-2, islet of Langerhans regenerating protein 2, pancreatic stone protein 2, pancreatic thread protein 2, regenerating islet-derived, mouse homolog 2
- Liu L, Chowdhury S, Uppal S, Fang X, Liu J, Srikant C. mReg2 inhibits nuclear entry of apoptosis-inducing factor in mouse insulinoma cells. Growth Factors. 2015;33:1-7 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, mReg2 induced the expression of hsp70 which is known to promote cytosolic retention of AIF. We conclude that mReg2 inhibits AIF-mediated apoptosis by promoting the nuclear presence of Scythe and inducing hsp70. ..
- Aden K, Rehman A, Falk Paulsen M, Secher T, Kuiper J, Tran F, et al. Epithelial IL-23R Signaling Licenses Protective IL-22 Responses in Intestinal Inflammation. Cell Rep. 2016;16:2208-2218 pubmed publisher..The study identifies a critical barrier-protective immune pathway that originates from, and is orchestrated by, IL-23R signaling in intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Zhong B, Strnad P, Toivola D, Tao G, Ji X, Greenberg H, et al. Reg-II is an exocrine pancreas injury-response product that is up-regulated by keratin absence or mutation. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4969-78 pubmed..Thus, Reg-II is a likely mouse exocrine pancreas cytoprotective candidate protein whose expression is regulated by keratin filament organization and phosphorylation. ..
- Perfetti R, Raygada M, Wang Y, Zenilman M, Egan J, Denno K, et al. Regenerating (reg) and insulin genes are expressed in prepancreatic mouse embryos. J Mol Endocrinol. 1996;17:79-88 pubmed..Differential expression of reg-I and -II suggests that they may be induced by different and independent stimuli and have distinct functions. ..
- Liu L, Liu J, Srikant C. Reg2 protects mouse insulinoma cells from streptozotocin-induced mitochondrial disruption and apoptosis. Growth Factors. 2010;28:370-8 pubmed publisher..that pancreas-specific ablation of IGF-I in mice induced an increased expression of regenerating family proteins Reg2 and Reg3β in the pancreas and protected them from streptozotocin (Stz)-induced β-cell damage...
- Gironella M, Calvo C, Fernandez A, Closa D, Iovanna J, Rosello Catafau J, et al. Reg3? deficiency impairs pancreatic tumor growth by skewing macrophage polarization. Cancer Res. 2013;73:5682-94 pubmed publisher..Our studies reveal a novel role for Reg3? as a tumor promoter in pancreatic adenocarcinoma through the regulation of tumor stroma. Thus, inhibition of this protein may be a useful strategy in treatment of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Liu L, Chowdhury S, Fang X, Liu J, Srikant C. Attenuation of unfolded protein response and apoptosis by mReg2 induced GRP78 in mouse insulinoma cells. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2016-24 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of GRP78 sensitized the cells overexpressing mReg2 to UPR without affecting its ability to activate Akt-mTORC1 signaling. Induced expression of mReg2 may protect insulin producing cells from ER stress in diabetes. ..
- Unno M, Yonekura H, Nakagawara K, Watanabe T, Miyashita H, Moriizumi S, et al. Structure, chromosomal localization, and expression of mouse reg genes, reg I and reg II. A novel type of reg gene, reg II, exists in the mouse genome. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:15974-82 pubmed..It is remarkable that in the gallbladder reg I is expressed, but reg II is not. ..
- Gurr W, Shaw M, Li Y, Sherwin R. RegII is a beta-cell protein and autoantigen in diabetes of NOD mice. Diabetes. 2007;56:34-40 pubmed..In conclusion, RegII is a novel beta-cell-derived autoantigen in NOD mice. The autoimmune response against this protein may convert a regenerative into an islet-destructive process accelerating development of type 1 diabetes. ..
- Li B, Wang X, Liu J. Pancreatic acinar-specific overexpression of Reg2 gene offered no protection against either experimental diabetes or pancreatitis in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2010;299:G413-21 pubmed publisher..Recent reports suggest that Reg2 is an autoantigen normally expressed in islet beta-cells...
- Perfetti R, Egan J, Zenilman M, Shuldiner A. Differential expression of reg-I and reg-II genes during aging in the normal mouse. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1996;51:B308-15 pubmed..Differential regulation of reg-I and reg-II genes may explain the presence of conflicting data in the current literature. ..
- Tebar L, Géranton S, Parsons Perez C, Fisher A, Bayne R, Smith A, et al. Deletion of the mouse RegIIIbeta (Reg2) gene disrupts ciliary neurotrophic factor signaling and delays myelination of mouse cranial motor neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11400-5 pubmed publisher..RegIIIbeta, also known as Reg2 in rat and HIP/PAP1 in humans, is a member of a family of growth factors found in many areas of the body and ..
- Wang Y, Jacovetti C, Li B, Siddique T, Xiong X, Yin H, et al. Coordinated age-dependent and pancreatic-specific expression of mouse Reg2Reg3?, and Reg3? genes. Growth Factors. 2011;29:72-81 pubmed publisher..Recent reports further suggest similar roles to be played by new members such as Reg2, Reg3?, and Reg3?. We have studied their age-, isoform-, and tissue-specific expressions...