Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rcan2
Description: regulator of calcineurin 2
Alias: Csp2, Dscr1l1, MCIP2, ZAKI-4, calcipressin-2, Down syndrome critical region gene 1-like 1, calcineurin inhibitory protein ZAKI-4, down syndrome candidate region 1-like protein 1, myocyte-enriched calcineurin interactin protein 2, myocyte-enriched calcineurin-interacting protein 2
- Ding L, Gong Q, Li S, Fu X, Jin Y, Zhang J, et al. Rcan2 and estradiol independently regulate body weight in female mice. Oncotarget. 2017;8:48098-48109 pubmed publisherb>Rcan2 increases food intake and plays an important role in the development of age- and diet- induced obesity in male mice...
- Rothermel B, Vega R, Yang J, Wu H, Bassel Duby R, Williams R. A protein encoded within the Down syndrome critical region is enriched in striated muscles and inhibits calcineurin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:8719-25 pubmedHere we describe a small family of proteins, termed MCIP1 and MCIP2 (for myocyte-enriched calcineurin interacting protein), that are expressed most abundantly in striated muscles and that form a physical complex with calcineurin A...
- Strippoli P, Petrini M, Lenzi L, Carinci P, Zannotti M. The murine DSCR1-like (Down syndrome candidate region 1) gene family: conserved synteny with the human orthologous genes. Gene. 2000;257:223-32 pubmed..gene (DSCR1), Adapt78 (recognized as the hamster ortholog of the DSCR1 isoform 4), ZAKI-4 (renamed DSCR1-like 1, DSCR1L1) and DSCR1L2 (a novel gene on human chromosome 1), along with yeast and C. elegans single members (Strippoli P...
- Vega R, Rothermel B, Weinheimer C, Kovacs A, Naseem R, Bassel Duby R, et al. Dual roles of modulatory calcineurin-interacting protein 1 in cardiac hypertrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:669-74 pubmed..These opposing roles of MCIP have important implications for therapeutic strategies to regulate cardiac hypertrophy through modulation of calcineurin-MCIP activity. ..
- Sun X, Hayashi Y, Xu S, Kanou Y, Takagishi Y, Tang Y, et al. Inactivation of the Rcan2 gene in mice ameliorates the age- and diet-induced obesity by causing a reduction in food intake. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14605 pubmed publisher..The genetic factors predisposing to obesity are little understood. Rcan2 was originally identified as a thyroid hormone-responsive gene...