Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rbck1
Description: RanBP-type and C3HC4-type zinc finger containing 1
Alias: AL033326, HOIL-1, HOIL-1L, UIP28, Ubce7ip3, heme-oxidized IRP2 ubiquitin ligase 1 homolog, novel zinc finger, C3HC4 type (RING finger) protein, ranBP-type and C3HC4-type zinc finger-containing protein 1, ubcM4-interacting protein 28, ubiquitin conjugating enzyme 7 interacting protein 3, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme 7-interacting protein 3
- Specific recognition of linear ubiquitin chains by the Npl4 zinc finger (NZF) domain of the HOIL-1L subunit of the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complexYusuke Sato
Structural Biology Laboratory, Life Science Division, Synchrotron Radiation Research Organization and Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:20520-5. 2011..The NZF tail binds the proximal ubiquitin to enhance the binding affinity. These recognition mechanisms were supported by the accompanying in vitro and in vivo structure-based mutagenesis experiments...
- Identification of molecular determinants required for interaction of ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes and RING finger proteinsG Martinez-Noel
Heinrich Pette Institut fur experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie an der Universitat Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:5912-9. 2001..The result that single amino-acid changes can regulate binding of E2 enzymes to different RING finger proteins suggests a novel approach to experimentally manipulate proteolytic pathways mediated by RING finger proteins...
- SHARPIN forms a linear ubiquitin ligase complex regulating NF-κB activity and apoptosisFumiyo Ikeda
Frankfurt Institute for Molecular Life Sciences and Institute of Biochemistry II, Goethe University School of Medicine, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Main, Germany
Nature 471:637-41. 2011..This effect is further enhanced upon concurrent downregulation of HOIL-1L (also known as RBCK1), another HOIP-binding component of LUBAC...
- SHARPIN is a component of the NF-κB-activating linear ubiquitin chain assembly complexFuminori Tokunaga
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 471:633-6. 2011..SHARPIN shows significant similarity to HOIL-1L (also known as RBCK1), a component of linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex (LUBAC), which induces NF-κB activation through ..
- Linear ubiquitin assembly complex negatively regulates RIG-I- and TRIM25-mediated type I interferon inductionKyung Soo Inn
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Cell 41:354-65. 2011....
- Sipl1 and Rbck1 are novel Eya1-binding proteins with a role in craniofacial developmentKathrin Landgraf
Leibniz Institute for Age Research Fritz Lipmann Institute, Jena, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 30:5764-75. 2010..Here we report the identification of the related proteins Sipl1 (Shank-interacting protein-like 1) and Rbck1 (RBCC protein interacting with PKC1) as novel interaction partners of Eya1...
- HOIL-1L interacting protein (HOIP) as an NF-kappaB regulating component of the CD40 signaling complexBruce S Hostager
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11380. 2010....
- Recruitment of the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex stabilizes the TNF-R1 signaling complex and is required for TNF-mediated gene inductionTobias L Haas
Division of Apoptosis Regulation, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cell 36:831-44. 2009..Finally, we demonstrate that sustained stability of the TNF-RSC requires LUBAC's enzymatic activity, thereby adding a third form of ubiquitin linkage to the triggering of TNF signaling by the TNF-RSC...
- Involvement of linear polyubiquitylation of NEMO in NF-kappaB activationFuminori Tokunaga
Department of Biophysics and Biochemistry, Graduate School of Medicine and Cell Biology and Metabolism Group, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 11:123-32. 2009..These results indicate that LUBAC is involved in the physiological regulation of the canonical NF-kappaB activation pathway through linear polyubiquitylation of NEMO...
- Heme induces ubiquitination and degradation of the transcription factor Bach1Yukari Zenke-Kawasaki
Department of Biochemistry, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo machi 2 1, Sendai, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 27:6962-71. 2007..These results suggest that heme within a cell regulates the polyubiquitination and degradation of Bach1...
- Mutual regulation of conventional protein kinase C and a ubiquitin ligase complexMunehiro Nakamura
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:340-7. 2006..These results indicate that LUBAC is an E3 for activated conventional PKC, and that PKC and LUBAC regulate each other for proper PKC signaling...
- A family of structurally related RING finger proteins interacts specifically with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcM4G Martinez-Noel
Heinrich Pette Institut fur experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie an der Universitat Hamburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 454:257-61. 1999....
- Genome-wide isolation of growth and obesity QTL using mouse speed congenic strainsCharles R Farber
Department of Animal Science, University of California Davis, One Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95016 8521, USA
BMC Genomics 7:102. 2006..To confirm and further characterize each QTL, two panels of speed congenic strains were developed by introgressing CAST/EiJ (CAST) QTL alleles onto either mutant C57Bl/6J-hg/hg (HG) or wild type C57Bl/6J (B6) genetic backgrounds...
- Using gene targeting to address the role of LRRK2 in Parkinson's diseaseBruce Hostager; Fiscal Year: 2007..This knowledge will aid in the identification of the environmental triggers and additional genetic factors that participate in the development of Parkinson's disease. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF A MAJOR OBESITY LOCUSCharles Farber; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lastly, aim 3 uses a genetical genomics approach to map eQTL for genes within the congenic interval. Data from these aims will enhance our understanding of the genetics and physiology of obesity. ..