Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rbbp4
Description: retinoblastoma binding protein 4, chromatin remodeling factor
Alias: RBAP48, mRbAp48, histone-binding protein RBBP4, CAF-1 p48 subunit, CAF-1 subunit C, CAF-I 48 kDa subunit, CAF-I p48, RBBP-4, chromatin assembly factor 1 subunit C, chromatin assembly factor I p48 subunit, nucleosome-remodeling factor subunit RBAP48, retinoblastoma binding protein 4, retinoblastoma-binding protein p48
- Bai X, Wang D, Ji H, Zheng L, Lu Y, Tang W, et al. RbAp48 Is Critical for the Proliferation of Hypopharyngeal Carcinoma. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2015;77:310-9 pubmed publisherEmerging evidence has indicated the significance of RbAp48 in tumorigenesis...
- Yuan S, Cox L, Dasika G, Lee E. Cloning and functional studies of a novel gene aberrantly expressed in RB-deficient embryos. Dev Biol. 1999;207:62-75 pubmed..Thus Rig-1, a possible distant relative of roundabout, may mediate some of the pleiotropic roles of RB in the developing neurons. ..
- Zhang Q, Vo N, Goodman R. Histone binding protein RbAp48 interacts with a complex of CREB binding protein and phosphorylated CREB. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:4970-8 pubmed..One of the strongest interactions identified the histone binding protein RbAp48. RbAp48 also interacted weakly with CBP alone but did not interact with phosphorylated or nonphosphorylated CREB...
- Davidovich C, Wang X, Cifuentes Rojas C, Goodrich K, Gooding A, Lee J, et al. Toward a consensus on the binding specificity and promiscuity of PRC2 for RNA. Mol Cell. 2015;57:552-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that promiscuous and specific RNA-binding activities of PRC2 in vitro are not mutually exclusive, and that binding specificity in vivo remains to be demonstrated. ..
- Ma P, Lin S, Bartolomei M, Schultz R. Metastasis tumor antigen 2 (MTA2) is involved in proper imprinted expression of H19 and Peg3 during mouse preimplantation development. Biol Reprod. 2010;83:1027-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support a role for MTA2 within the NuRD complex in genomic imprinting. ..
- Ishimaru N, Arakaki R, Yoshida S, Yamada A, Noji S, Hayashi Y. Expression of the retinoblastoma protein RbAp48 in exocrine glands leads to Sjögren's syndrome-like autoimmune exocrinopathy. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2915-27 pubmed publisher..Recently, we found that retinoblastoma-associated protein 48 (RbAp48) induces tissue-specific apoptosis in the exocrine glands depending on the level of estrogen deficiency...
- Arakaki R, Ishimaru N, Hayashi Y. Immunotherapeutic targets in estrogen deficiency-dependent Sjögren's syndrome-related manifestations. Immunotherapy. 2010;2:339-46 pubmed publisher..We found that RbAp48 overexpression induces p53-mediated apoptosis in the exocrine glands depending on estrogen deficiency...
- Rodriguez P, Bonte E, Krijgsveld J, Kolodziej K, Guyot B, Heck A, et al. GATA-1 forms distinct activating and repressive complexes in erythroid cells. EMBO J. 2005;24:2354-66 pubmed..Based on these findings, we suggest a model for the different roles of GATA-1 in erythroid differentiation. ..
- Yang J, Kiefer S, Rauchman M. Characterization of the gene encoding mouse retinoblastoma binding protein-7, a component of chromatin-remodeling complexes. Genomics. 2002;80:407-15 pubmed
- Vaute O, Nicolas E, Vandel L, Trouche D. Functional and physical interaction between the histone methyl transferase Suv39H1 and histone deacetylases. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:475-81 pubmed..bound the so-called 'core histone deacetylase complex', composed of HDAC1, HDAC2 and the Rb-associated proteins RbAp48 and RbAp46...
- Taplick J, Kurtev V, Kroboth K, Posch M, Lechner T, Seiser C. Homo-oligomerisation and nuclear localisation of mouse histone deacetylase 1. J Mol Biol. 2001;308:27-38 pubmed..Furthermore, the same HDAC1 domain is also necessary for in vitro binding of HDAC2 and HDAC3, association with RbAp48 and for catalytic activity of the enzyme...
- Downes M, Ordentlich P, Kao H, Alvarez J, Evans R. Identification of a nuclear domain with deacetylase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10330-5 pubmed..We demonstrate that HDAC5 and 7 can associate with at least 12 distinct proteins, including several members of the NuRD and Sin3A repression complexes, and appear to define a new but related complex. ..
- Hunkapiller J, Shen Y, Diaz A, Cagney G, McCleary D, Ramalho Santos M, et al. Polycomb-like 3 promotes polycomb repressive complex 2 binding to CpG islands and embryonic stem cell self-renewal. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002576 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pcl3 is a component of PRC2 critical for ESC self-renewal, histone methylation, and recruitment of PRC2 to a subset of its genomic sites. ..
- Pavlopoulos E, Jones S, Kosmidis S, Close M, Kim C, Kovalerchik O, et al. Molecular mechanism for age-related memory loss: the histone-binding protein RbAp48. Sci Transl Med. 2013;5:200ra115 pubmed publisher..The most significant change was an age-related decline in RbAp48, a histone-binding protein that modifies histone acetylation...
- Laherty C, Billin A, Lavinsky R, Yochum G, Bush A, Sun J, et al. SAP30, a component of the mSin3 corepressor complex involved in N-CoR-mediated repression by specific transcription factors. Mol Cell. 1998;2:33-42 pubmed