Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RanBPM
Description: RAN binding protein 9
Alias: IBAP-1, Ibap1, RanBPM, ran-binding protein 9, B cell antigen receptor Ig beta associated protein 1, ran-binding protein M
- Denti S, Sirri A, Cheli A, Rogge L, Innamorati G, Putignano S, et al. RanBPM is a phosphoprotein that associates with the plasma membrane and interacts with the integrin LFA-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13027-34 pubmed..We have identified RanBPM as a novel interactor of the beta(2) integrin LFA-1 in a yeast-two-hybrid screen...
- Menon R, Gibson T, Pastore A. The C terminus of fragile X mental retardation protein interacts with the multi-domain Ran-binding protein in the microtubule-organising centre. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:43-53 pubmed..FMRP fishes out a protein that spans the sequence of the Ran-binding protein in the microtubule-organising centre (RanBPM/RanBP9). Specific interaction of RanBPM with FMRP was confirmed by in vivo and in vitro assays...
- Ma L, Buchold G, Greenbaum M, Roy A, Burns K, Zhu H, et al. GASZ is essential for male meiosis and suppression of retrotransposon expression in the male germline. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000635 pubmed publisher..These studies provide the first evidence for an essential structural role for GASZ in male fertility and epigenetic and post-transcriptional silencing of retrotransposons by stabilizing MILI in nuage. ..
- Nishitani H, Hirose E, Uchimura Y, Nakamura M, Umeda M, Nishii K, et al. Full-sized RanBPM cDNA encodes a protein possessing a long stretch of proline and glutamine within the N-terminal region, comprising a large protein complex. Gene. 2001;272:25-33 pubmedPreviously isolated RanBPM, a Ran-binding protein in the microtubule-organizing center, which had been thought to play a role in Ran-stimulated microtubule assembly, turned out to be a truncated protein...
- Woo J, Jung A, Lakshmana M, Bedrossian A, Lim Y, Bu J, et al. Pivotal role of the RanBP9-cofilin pathway in A?-induced apoptosis and neurodegeneration. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1413-23 pubmed publisher..These findings implicate the RanBP9-cofilin pathway as critical therapeutic targets not only for stemming A? generation but also antagonizing A?-induced neurotoxicity. ..
- Suresh B, Ramakrishna S, Kim Y, Kim S, Kim M, Baek K. Stability and function of mammalian lethal giant larvae-1 oncoprotein are regulated by the scaffolding protein RanBPM. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35340-9 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we have identified Ran-binding protein M (RanBPM) as a novel binding partner of Mgl-1, a mammalian homolog of Drosophila tumor suppressor protein lethal (2) giant ..
- Seebahn A, Rose M, Enz R. RanBPM is expressed in synaptic layers of the mammalian retina and binds to metabotropic glutamate receptors. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2453-7 pubmed publisher..proteins interacting with two metabotropic glutamate receptor type 8 isoforms (mGlu8a and mGlu8b) and identified RanBPM. RanBPM is expressed in several brain regions, including the retina...
- Bai D, Chen H, Huang B. RanBPM is a novel binding protein for p75NTR. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:552-7 pubmed..Using yeast two-hybrid system, we identified the Ran-binding protein (RanBPM) as an interactor with the intracytoplasmic domain of p75NTR (p75ICD)...
- Lakshmana M, Yoon I, Chen E, Bianchi E, Koo E, Kang D. Novel role of RanBP9 in BACE1 processing of amyloid precursor protein and amyloid beta peptide generation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11863-72 pubmed publisher..These findings not only implicate RanBP9 as a novel and potent regulator of APP processing but also as a potential therapeutic target for Alzheimer disease. ..
- Bao J, Tang C, Li J, Zhang Y, Bhetwal B, Zheng H, et al. RAN-binding protein 9 is involved in alternative splicing and is critical for male germ cell development and male fertility. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004825 pubmed publisher..Our data uncovered a novel role of Ranbp9 in regulating alternative splicing in spermatogenic cells, which is critical for normal spermatogenesis and male fertility. ..
- Tsioras K, Papastefanaki F, Politis P, Matsas R, Gaitanou M. Functional Interactions between BM88/Cend1, Ran-binding protein M and Dyrk1B kinase affect cyclin D1 levels and cell cycle progression/exit in mouse neuroblastoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82172 pubmed publisher..In the current study we identified the signal transduction scaffolding protein Ran-binding protein M (RanBPM) as a BM88/Cend1 binding partner and showed that BM88/Cend1, RanBPM and the dual specificity tyrosine-..
- Wang R, Palavicini J, Wang H, Maiti P, Bianchi E, Xu S, et al. RanBP9 overexpression accelerates loss of dendritic spines in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Dis. 2014;69:169-79 pubmed publisher..Since RanBP9 protein levels are increased in AD brains, RanBP9 might play a crucial role in the loss of spines and synapses in AD. ..
- Otipoby K, Waisman A, Derudder E, Srinivasan L, Franklin A, Rajewsky K. The B-cell antigen receptor integrates adaptive and innate immune signals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:12145-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a model for integrating signals from the innate and the adaptive immune systems in the control of the B-cell immune response. ..
- Puverel S, Kiris E, Singh S, Klarmann K, Coppola V, Keller J, et al. RanBPM (RanBP9) regulates mouse c-Kit receptor level and is essential for normal development of bone marrow progenitor cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:85109-85123 pubmed publisher..Yet, very little is known about the mechanisms that control c-Kit protein levels. Here we show that the RanBPM/RanBP9 scaffold protein binds to c-Kit and is necessary for normal c-Kit protein expression in the mouse testis ..
- Gao X, Sadana R, Dessauer C, Patel T. Conditional stimulation of type V and VI adenylyl cyclases by G protein betagamma subunits. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:294-302 pubmed..Moreover, Gbetagamma subunits derived from a source(s) other than G(i) are necessary for the full activation of hACVI by isoproterenol in intact cells. ..
- Tarabay Y, Achour M, Teletin M, Ye T, Teissandier A, Mark M, et al. Tex19 paralogs are new members of the piRNA pathway controlling retrotransposon suppression. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1463-1474 pubmed publisher..We therefore identified two new members of the postnatal piRNA pathway. ..
- Ideguchi H, Ueda A, Tanaka M, Yang J, Tsuji T, Ohno S, et al. Structural and functional characterization of the USP11 deubiquitinating enzyme, which interacts with the RanGTP-associated protein RanBPM. Biochem J. 2002;367:87-95 pubmedb>RanBPM is a RanGTP-binding protein required for correct nucleation of microtubules...
- Wang H, Dey D, Carrera I, Minond D, Bianchi E, Xu S, et al. COPS5 (Jab1) protein increases ? site processing of amyloid precursor protein and amyloid ? peptide generation by stabilizing RanBP9 protein levels. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26668-77 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that COPS5 increases A? generation by increasing RanBP9 levels. Thus, COPS5 is a novel RanBP9-binding protein that increases APP processing and A? generation by stabilizing RanBP9 protein levels. ..
- Greenbaum L, Katcoff D, Dou H, Gozlan Y, Malik Z. A porphobilinogen deaminase (PBGD) Ran-binding protein interaction is implicated in nuclear trafficking of PBGD in differentiating glioma cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:5221-8 pubmed..Using the yeast two-hybrid system, we identified RanBPM, the nuclear Ran-binding protein, as an interacting partner of PBGD...
- Subramanian M, Hayes C, Thome J, Thorp E, Matsushima G, Herz J, et al. An AXL/LRP-1/RANBP9 complex mediates DC efferocytosis and antigen cross-presentation in vivo. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:1296-308 pubmed publisher..The discovery of this multiprotein complex that mediates functionally important DC efferocytosis in vivo may have implications for future studies related to host defense and DC-based vaccines. ..
- Palavicini J, Wang H, Bianchi E, Xu S, Rao J, Kang D, et al. RanBP9 aggravates synaptic damage in the mouse brain and is inversely correlated to spinophilin levels in Alzheimer's brain synaptosomes. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e667 pubmed publisher..More importantly, both AP?E9 and AP?E9/RanBP9 mice showed impaired learning and memory skills compared to WT controls. These data suggest that RanBP9 might play a crucial role in the loss of spines and synapses in AD. ..
- Scapoli L, Martinelli M, Pezzetti F, Palmieri A, Girardi A, Savoia A, et al. Expression and association data strongly support JARID2 involvement in nonsyndromic cleft lip with or without cleft palate. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:794-800 pubmed publisher..Understanding the molecular role of JARID2 within facial development may offer additional information to further unravel the complex genetics of CL/P...
- Shiroshima T, Oka C, Kawaichi M. Identification of LRP1B-interacting proteins and inhibition of protein kinase Calpha-phosphorylation of LRP1B by association with PICK1. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:43-8 pubmed publisher..This study presents the possibility that LRP1B participates in signal transduction which PICK1 may regulate by inhibiting PKCalpha phosphorylation of LRP1B. ..
- Yang J, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Zheng X, Lu Y, Tao D, et al. CLOCK interacts with RANBP9 and is involved in alternative splicing in spermatogenesis. Gene. 2018;642:199-204 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel mechanism for CLOCK in spermatogenesis. ..