Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rae1
Description: ribonucleic acid export 1
Alias: 3230401I12Rik, D2Ertd342e, MNRP, MNRP41, mRNA export factor, RAE1 RNA export 1 homolog, mRNA-associated protein mrnp 41, rae1 protein homolog
- Girardi M, Oppenheim D, Steele C, Lewis J, Glusac E, Filler R, et al. Regulation of cutaneous malignancy by gammadelta T cells. Science. 2001;294:605-9 pubmed..Thus, local T cells may use evolutionarily conserved proteins to negatively regulate malignancy. ..
- Mitra A, Satelli A, Yan J, Xueqing X, Gagea M, Hunter C, et al. IL-30 (IL27p28) attenuates liver fibrosis through inducing NKG2D-rae1 interaction between NKT and activated hepatic stellate cells in mice. Hepatology. 2014;60:2027-39 pubmed publisher..natural killer group 2, member D (NKG2D) ligand and bind with the NKG2D ligand, retinoic acid early inducible 1 (Rae1), and positively activated HSCs to ameliorate liver fibrosis...
- Lam A, Bert N, Ho S, Shen Y, Tang L, Xiong G, et al. RAE1 ligands for the NKG2D receptor are regulated by STING-dependent DNA sensor pathways in lymphoma. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2193-2203 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that the induction of retinoic acid early transcript 1 (RAE1) ligands for NKG2D by the DDR relies on a STING-dependent DNA sensor pathway involving the effector molecules TBK1 ..
- Baker D, Dawlaty M, Wijshake T, Jeganathan K, Malureanu L, van Ree J, et al. Increased expression of BubR1 protects against aneuploidy and cancer and extends healthy lifespan. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:96-102 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data uncover a generalized function for BubR1 in counteracting defects that cause whole-chromosome instability and suggest that modulating BubR1 provides a unique opportunity to extend healthy lifespan...
- Radaeva S, Wang L, Radaev S, Jeong W, Park O, Gao B. Retinoic acid signaling sensitizes hepatic stellate cells to NK cell killing via upregulation of NK cell activating ligand RAE1. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;293:G809-16 pubmed..In contrast, fully activated HSCs become resistant to NK cell killing because of lack of RAE1 expression, leading to chronic liver fibrosis and disease.
- Faria P, Chakraborty P, Levay A, Barber G, Ezelle H, Enninga J, et al. VSV disrupts the Rae1/mrnp41 mRNA nuclear export pathway. Mol Cell. 2005;17:93-102 pubmed..Here we show that VSV M protein binds the mRNA export factor Rae1/mrnp41. A mutant of M protein defective in Rae1 binding is unable to inhibit mRNA nuclear export...
- Hou X, Zhou R, Wei H, Sun R, Tian Z. NKG2D-retinoic acid early inducible-1 recognition between natural killer cells and Kupffer cells in a novel murine natural killer cell-dependent fulminant hepatitis. Hepatology. 2009;49:940-9 pubmed publisher..into mice could promote tumor necrosis factor-alpha production and surface retinoic acid early inducible-1 (Rae1) protein expression by Kupffer cells, which then activated NK cells to produce interferon-gamma via NKG2D-Rae1 ..
- Cheng F, Feng L, Li S, Tan J, Cao L, He Y, et al. Yisheng injection decreases the expression of H60 and RAE-1 genes in ischemic mice liver. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:2210-3 pubmed..YS treatment effectively reduced this increase, seeming to attenuate NKG2D-ligand-mediated immune responses caused by IRI. This may suggest a new concept to prevent IRI and graft rejection. ..
- Spada R, Rojas J, PÃ©rez YagÃ¼e S, Mulens V, Cannata Ortiz P, Bragado R, et al. NKG2D ligand overexpression in lupus nephritis correlates with increased NK cell activity and differentiation in kidneys but not in the periphery. J Leukoc Biol. 2015;97:583-98 pubmed publisher..These findings and the presence of glomerulus-specific NKG2D ligands in lupus-prone mice identify a role for NK cells and NKG2D ligands in the lupus nephritic process, which could aid in understanding their role in human SLE. ..
- Feng L, Cheng F, Ye Z, Li S, He Y, Yao X, et al. The effect of renal ischemia-reperfusion injury on expression of RAE-1 and H60 in mice kidney. Transplant Proc. 2006;38:2195-8 pubmed..The IRI-induced expression of the NKG2D ligand, Rae-1, might activate NK and CD8+ T cells. Our results suggested that MIC may be an important link between innate and adaptive immunity in kidney IRI. ..
- Greene T, Tokuyama M, Knudsen G, Kunz M, Lin J, Greninger A, et al. A Herpesviral induction of RAE-1 NKG2D ligand expression occurs through release of HDAC mediated repression. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus our findings indicate that virally mediated HDAC inhibition can act as a signal for the host to activate NK-cell recognition. ..
- Wang R, Natarajan K, Revilleza M, Boyd L, Zhi L, Zhao H, et al. Structural basis of mouse cytomegalovirus m152/gp40 interaction with RAE1? reveals a paradigm for MHC/MHC interaction in immune evasion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E3578-87 pubmed publisher..The mouse CMV MHC class I (MHC-I)-like m152/gp40 glycoprotein down-regulates retinoic acid early inducible-1 (RAE1) NKG2D ligands as well as host MHC-I...
- Ogawa T, Tsuji Kawahara S, Yuasa T, Kinoshita S, Chikaishi T, Takamura S, et al. Natural killer cells recognize friend retrovirus-infected erythroid progenitor cells through NKG2D-RAE-1 interactions In Vivo. J Virol. 2011;85:5423-35 pubmed publisher..Enhanced retroviral replication due to host gene-targeting resulted in markedly increased RAE-1 expression in the absence of massive erythroid cell proliferation, indicating a direct role of retroviral replication in RAE-1 upregulation...