Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rabggta
Description: Rab geranylgeranyl transferase, a subunit
Alias: geranylgeranyl transferase type-2 subunit alpha, geranylgeranyl transferase type II subunit alpha, gunmetal, rab GG transferase alpha, rab GGTase alpha, rab geranylgeranyltransferase subunit alpha
- Wei L, Lee C, Chinpaisal C, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Studies of cloning, chromosomal mapping, and embryonic expression of the mouse Rab geranylgeranyl transferase beta subunit. Cell Growth Differ. 1995;6:607-14 pubmed..5 and E13.5. In addition, the expression of this gene is induced by retinoic acid in a mouse embryonal carcinoma cell line, P19. ..
- Novak E, Reddington M, Zhen L, Stenberg P, Jackson C, McGarry M, et al. Inherited thrombocytopenia caused by reduced platelet production in mice with the gunmetal pigment gene mutation. Blood. 1995;85:1781-9 pubmed..macrothrombocytopenia and prolonged bleeding times are associated with the recessive mouse pigment dilution gene gunmetal (gm)...
- McGarry M, Reddington M, Jackson C, Zhen L, Novak E, Swank R. Increased incidence and analysis of emperipolesis in megakaryocytes of the mouse mutant gunmetal. Exp Mol Pathol. 1999;66:191-200 pubmedMutant gunmetal (gm/gm) mice exhibit prolonged bleeding, platelet granule defects, abnormal megakaryocyte demarcation membranes, and thrombocytopenia. The number of megakaryocytes in gm/gm mice is increased substantially...
- Swank R, Novak E, McGarry M, Zhang Y, Li W, Zhang Q, et al. Abnormal vesicular trafficking in mouse models of Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome. Pigment Cell Res. 2000;13 Suppl 8:59-67 pubmed..The protein products of the pallid and gunmetal genes are also important components of the vesicular trafficking machinery...
- Nguyen T, Novak E, Kermani M, Fluhr J, Peters L, Swank R, et al. Melanosome morphologies in murine models of hermansky-pudlak syndrome reflect blocks in organelle development. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:1156-64 pubmed..to keratinocytes is inhibited, with the cappuccino strain observed to be blocked at the earliest step and gunmetal blocked at the latest step...
- Taylor A, Mules E, Seabra M, Helfrich M, Rogers M, Coxon F. Impaired prenylation of Rab GTPases in the gunmetal mouse causes defects in bone cell function. Small Gtpases. 2011;2:131-142 pubmed..The gunmetal (gm/gm) mouse bears a mutation in the catalytic subunit of RGGT, causing a loss of 75% of the activity of this ..