Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rabep1
Description: rabaptin, RAB GTPase binding effector protein 1
Alias: Rab5ep, rabaptin-5, rabaptin-5alpha, rab GTPase-binding effector protein 1, RAB5 effector protein, neurocrescin, rabaptin 5
- Lucitti J, Sealock R, Buckley B, Zhang H, Xiao L, Dudley A, et al. Variants of Rab GTPase-Effector Binding Protein-2 Cause Variation in the Collateral Circulation and Severity of Stroke. Stroke. 2016;47:3022-3031 pubmed..Naturally occurring variants of Rabep2 are major determinants of variation in collateral extent and stroke severity in mice. ..
- Zhu H, Qian H, Li G. Delayed onset of positive feedback activation of Rab5 by Rabex-5 and Rabaptin-5 in endocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9226 pubmed publisher..Thus the direct and indirect pathways cooperate in the regulation of early endosome fusion. ..
- Korobko E, Smirnova E, Kiselev S, Georgiev G, Korobko I. Identification of a new alternative-splicing transcript of Rabaptin-5 interacting with protein kinase MAK-V. Dokl Biochem. 2000;370:1-3 pubmed
- Azouz N, Zur N, Efergan A, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M, Amihai D, et al. Rab5 is a novel regulator of mast cell secretory granules: impact on size, cargo, and exocytosis. J Immunol. 2014;192:4043-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results assign Rab5 a key role in mediating mast cell SG fusion during biogenesis, thereby controlling the amount and composition of the SGs content and maintaining the communication between new and pre-existing SGs. ..
- Nishimune H, Uyeda A, Nogawa M, Fujimori K, Taguchi T. Neurocrescin: a novel neurite-outgrowth factor secreted by muscle after denervation. Neuroreport. 1997;8:3649-54 pubmed..We report here the cloning of a novel neurite outgrowth factor, designated neurocrescin, from chick denervated skeletal muscle...
- Christoforides C, Rainero E, Brown K, Norman J, Toker A. PKD controls ?v?3 integrin recycling and tumor cell invasive migration through its substrate Rabaptin-5. Dev Cell. 2012;23:560-72 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the PKD pathway couples receptor tyrosine kinase signaling to an integrin switch via Rabaptin-5 phosphorylation. ..
- Korobko E, Kiselev S, Korobko I. Characterization of Rabaptin-5 Î³ isoform. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2014;79:856-64 pubmed publisher..Our study signifies the role of alternative splicing in determination of functional activities of Rab effector molecules. ..
- Korobko E, Kiselev S, Korobko I. Multiple Rabaptin-5-like transcripts. Gene. 2002;292:191-7 pubmed..strongly suggest that these transcripts along with Rabaptin-5 and Rabaptin-4 are encoded by a single gene, RAB5EP, and differ due to alternative pre-mRNA splicing...
- Kim H, Xu H, Yao Q, Li W, Huang Q, Outeda P, et al. Ciliary membrane proteins traffic through the Golgi via a Rabep1/GGA1/Arl3-dependent mechanism. Nat Commun. 2014;5:5482 pubmed publisher..Using yeast two-hybrid screening coupled with a candidate approach, we identify a Rabep1/GGA1/Arl3-dependent ciliary targeting mechanism, whereby Rabep1 couples the polycystin complex to a GGA1/Arl3-..