Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab8a
Description: RAB8A, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: AA409338, Mel, ras-related protein Rab-8A, cell line NK14 derived transforming oncogene, oncogene c-mel
- Weis V, Knowles B, Choi E, Goldstein A, Williams J, Manning E, et al. Loss of MYO5B in mice recapitulates Microvillus Inclusion Disease and reveals an apical trafficking pathway distinct to neonatal duodenum. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;2:131-157 pubmed..However, the diarrheal pathology after MYO5B loss is due to deficits in transporter presentation at the apical membrane in duodenal enterocytes. ..
- Randhawa V, Ishikura S, Talior Volodarsky I, Cheng A, Patel N, Hartwig J, et al. GLUT4 vesicle recruitment and fusion are differentially regulated by Rac, AS160, and Rab8A in muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27208-19 pubmed publisher..but the specific steps (vesicle recruitment, docking or fusion) regulated by Rac, actin dynamics, and AS160 target Rab8A are unknown...
- Fukuda M, Kanno E, Yamamoto A. Rabphilin and Noc2 are recruited to dense-core vesicles through specific interaction with Rab27A in PC12 cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13065-75 pubmed
- Nakajo A, Yoshimura S, Togawa H, Kunii M, Iwano T, Izumi A, et al. EHBP1L1 coordinates Rab8 and Bin1 to regulate apical-directed transport in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2016;212:297-306 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data demonstrate that EHBP1L1 links Rab8 and the Bin1-dynamin complex, which generates membrane curvature and excises the vesicle at the ERC for apical transport. ..
- Ying G, Gerstner C, Frederick J, Boye S, Hauswirth W, Baehr W. Small GTPases Rab8a and Rab11a Are Dispensable for Rhodopsin Transport in Mouse Photoreceptors. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161236 pubmed publisherRab11a and Rab8a are ubiquitous small GTPases shown as required for rhodopsin transport in Xenopus laevis and zebrafish photoreceptors by dominant negative (dn) disruption of function...
- Burikhanov R, Hebbar N, Noothi S, Shukla N, Sledziona J, Araujo N, et al. Chloroquine-Inducible Par-4 Secretion Is Essential for Tumor Cell Apoptosis and Inhibition of Metastasis. Cell Rep. 2017;18:508-519 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that CQ induces p53- and Rab8b-dependent Par-4 secretion from normal cells for Par-4-dependent inhibition of metastatic tumor growth. ..
- Ren M, Zeng J, De Lemos Chiarandini C, Rosenfeld M, Adesnik M, Sabatini D. In its active form, the GTP-binding protein rab8 interacts with a stress-activated protein kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:5151-5 pubmed..Moreover, the rab8ip/GC kinase may serve to modulate secretion in response to stress stimuli. ..
- Muramatsu K, Hashimoto Y, Uemura T, Kunii M, Harada R, Sato T, et al. Neuron-specific recombination by Cre recombinase inserted into the murine tau locus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:419-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, tau-Cre knockin mouse is a useful tool for studying the neuronal function of a gene in vivo. ..
- Hsiao Y, Tong Z, Westfall J, Ault J, Page McCaw P, Ferland R. Ahi1, whose human ortholog is mutated in Joubert syndrome, is required for Rab8a localization, ciliogenesis and vesicle trafficking. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:3926-41 pubmed publisher..gene, whose human ortholog is mutated in Joubert syndrome, regulates cilium formation via its interaction with Rab8a, a small GTPase critical for polarized membrane trafficking...
- Sun Y, Bilan P, Liu Z, Klip A. Rab8A and Rab13 are activated by insulin and regulate GLUT4 translocation in muscle cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19909-14 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, the AS160-targeted Rabs appear to differ, with Rab8A participating in GLUT4 exocytosis in muscle cells and Rab10 in adipocytes, and their activation by insulin is ..
- Chen Q, Rong P, Xu D, Zhu S, Chen L, Xie B, et al. Rab8a Deficiency in Skeletal Muscle Causes Hyperlipidemia and Hepatosteatosis by Impairing Muscle Lipid Uptake and Storage. Diabetes. 2017;66:2387-2399 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the small GTPase Rab8a regulates lipid uptake and storage in skeletal muscle...
- Finetti F, Patrussi L, Galgano D, Cassioli C, Perinetti G, Pazour G, et al. The small GTPase Rab8 interacts with VAMP-3 to regulate the delivery of recycling T-cell receptors to the immune synapse. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:2541-52 pubmed publisher..Here, we have addressed the role of Rab8 (for which there are two isoforms Rab8a and Rab8b), a small GTPase implicated in ciliogenesis, in TCR traffic to the immune synapse...
- Samovski D, Su X, Xu Y, Abumrad N, Stahl P. Insulin and AMPK regulate FA translocase/CD36 plasma membrane recruitment in cardiomyocytes via Rab GAP AS160 and Rab8a Rab GTPase. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:709-17 pubmed publisher..The AS160 substrate Rab8a GTPase is shown via overexpression and knock-down studies to be specifically involved in insulin/AICAR-induced ..
- Li H, Ou L, Fan J, Xiao M, Kuang C, Liu X, et al. Rab8A regulates insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation in C2C12 myoblasts. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:491-499 pubmed publisher..In this study, we detect the colocalization of Rab8A with GLUT4 and the presence of Rab8A at vesicle exocytic sites by TIRFM imaging...
- Carver E, Hamann J, Olsen A, Stubbs L. Physical mapping of EMR1 and CD97 in human Chromosome 19 and assignment of Cd97 to mouse Chromosome 8 suggest an ancient genomic duplication. Mamm Genome. 1999;10:1039-40 pubmed
- Westfall J, Hoyt C, Liu Q, Hsiao Y, Pierce E, Page McCaw P, et al. Retinal degeneration and failure of photoreceptor outer segment formation in mice with targeted deletion of the Joubert syndrome gene, Ahi1. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8759-68 pubmed publisher..specific, and our evidence suggests that the defects are caused by a decrease in expression of the small GTPase Rab8a, a protein required for accurate polarized vesicular trafficking...
- Veleri S, Manjunath S, Fariss R, May Simera H, Brooks M, Foskett T, et al. Ciliopathy-associated gene Cc2d2a promotes assembly of subdistal appendages on the mother centriole during cilia biogenesis. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4207 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CC2D2A is essential for the assembly of subdistal appendages, which anchor cytoplasmic microtubules and prime the mother centriole for axoneme biogenesis. ..
- Zhang B, Zhang T, Wang G, Wang G, Chi W, Jiang Q, et al. GSK3Î²-Dzip1-Rab8 cascade regulates ciliogenesis after mitosis. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002129 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal a unique cascade consisting of GSK3Î², Dzip1, and Rab8 that regulates ciliogenesis after mitosis. ..
- Das S, Yu S, Sakamori R, Vedula P, Feng Q, Flores J, et al. Rab8a vesicles regulate Wnt ligand delivery and Paneth cell maturation at the intestinal stem cell niche. Development. 2015;142:2147-62 pubmed publisher..We identified that Wnt secretion is partly dependent on Rab8a-mediated anterograde transport of Gpr177 (wntless), a Wnt-specific transmembrane transporter...
- Darakhshan F, Badie C, Moody J, Coster M, Finnon R, Finnon P, et al. Evidence for complex multigenic inheritance of radiation AML susceptibility in mice revealed using a surrogate phenotypic assay. Carcinogenesis. 2006;27:311-8 pubmed..This study demonstrates the strength of utilizing surrogate endpoints of cancer susceptibility in the mapping of mouse loci and identifies additional loci that may affect radiation cancer risk. ..
- Ishikawa T, Tamai Y, Rochelle J, Hirata M, Namba T, Sugimoto Y, et al. Mapping of the genes encoding mouse prostaglandin D, E, and F and prostacyclin receptors. Genomics. 1996;32:285-8 pubmed..Ptgdr mapped to proximal Chr 14, Ptgfr mapped to distal Chr 3, Ptgerepl mapped to middle Chr 8, and Ptgir mapped to proximal Chr 7. ..
- Howard T, Rochelle J, Saunders A, Seldin M. A linkage map of mouse chromosome 8: further definition of homologous linkage relationships between mouse chromosome 8 and human chromosomes 8, 16, and 19. Genomics. 1991;10:207-13 pubmed..5 cM-Plat-26.3 cM-Crryps/Mel/Jund-3.5 cM-Junb/Ucp-10.5 cM-Mt-1-27.2 cM-Acta2-0.9 cM-Aprt...
- Yamamura R, Nishimura N, Nakatsuji H, Arase S, Sasaki T. The interaction of JRAB/MICAL-L2 with Rab8 and Rab13 coordinates the assembly of tight junctions and adherens junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:971-83 pubmed..These results suggest that the interaction of JRAB/MICAL-L2 with Rab8 and Rab13 coordinates the assembly of AJs and TJs. ..
- Wall A, Luo L, Hung Y, Tong S, Condon N, Blumenthal A, et al. Small GTPase Rab8a-recruited Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase Î³ Regulates Signaling and Cytokine Outputs from Endosomal Toll-like Receptors. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:4411-4422 pubmed publisher..We showed previously that Rab8a recruits PI3KÎ³ for Akt-dependent signaling during TLR4 activation to limit the production of the ..
- Rao G, Alland L, Guida P, Schreiber Agus N, Chen K, Chin L, et al. Mouse Sin3A interacts with and can functionally substitute for the amino-terminal repression of the Myc antagonist Mxi1. Oncogene. 1996;12:1165-72 pubmed..Myc, Mxi1-SR and Sin3A expression during postnatal mouse development and in differentiating mouse erythroleukemia (MEL) cells revealed that dramatic and reciprocal changes in Myc and Mxi1-SR mRNA levels are accompanied by minimal ..
- Dalfo E, Gomez Isla T, Rosa J, Nieto Bodelón M, Cuadrado Tejedor M, Barrachina M, et al. Abnormal alpha-synuclein interactions with Rab proteins in alpha-synuclein A30P transgenic mice. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:302-13 pubmed..This rationale is consistent with previous data showing that short-term hippocampal synaptic plasticity is altered and that alpha-synuclein accumulates in the cytoplasm of neurons in Tg mice. ..
- Hume A, Collinson L, Rapak A, Gomes A, Hopkins C, Seabra M. Rab27a regulates the peripheral distribution of melanosomes in melanocytes. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:795-808 pubmed
- Nimmo E, Sanders P, Padua R, Hughes D, Williamson R, Johnson K. The MEL gene: a new member of the RAB/YPT class of RAS-related genes. Oncogene. 1991;6:1347-51 pubmedThe MEL gene was identified following transfection of NIH3T3 mouse fibroblasts with DNA from a human melanoma cell line. The human MEL gene has been localized to 19cen-p13...
- Feng Q, Bonder E, Engevik A, Zhang L, Tyska M, Goldenring J, et al. Disruption of Rab8a and Rab11a causes formation of basolateral microvilli in neonatal enteropathy. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2491-2505 pubmed publisher..Although the demonstrated binding of Myo5b to the Rab8a and Rab11a small GTPases in vitro implicates cytoskeleton-dependent membrane sorting, the mechanisms ..
- Wu L, Xu D, Zhou L, Xie B, Yu L, Yang H, et al. Rab8a-AS160-MSS4 regulatory circuit controls lipid droplet fusion and growth. Dev Cell. 2014;30:378-93 pubmed publisher..Fsp27 is shown to be required for LD fusion and growth by enriching at LD-LD contact sites. Here, we identify Rab8a as a direct interactor and regulator of Fsp27 in mediating LD fusion in adipocytes...
- Nechiporuk T, Fernandez T, Vasioukhin V. Failure of epithelial tube maintenance causes hydrocephalus and renal cysts in Dlg5-/- mice. Dev Cell. 2007;13:338-50 pubmed..These findings show that Dlg5 is causally involved in hydrocephalus and renal cysts and reveal that targeted membrane delivery of cadherin-catenin adhesion complexes is critical for cell polarity and epithelial tube maintenance. ..
- Oehlke O, Speer J, Roussa E. Variants of the electrogenic sodium bicarbonate cotransporter 1 (NBCe1) in mouse hippocampal neurons are regulated by extracellular pH changes: evidence for a Rab8a-dependent mechanism. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:1427-38 pubmed publisher..We also show that acidosis-induced NBCe1-A, but not NBCe1-B/C, trafficking is mediated by Rab8a. Rab8a is expressed in hippocampal neurons, co-localizes, and interacts with NBCe1-A...
- Vacca B, Bazellieres E, Nouar R, Harada A, Massey Harroche D, Le Bivic A. Drebrin E depletion in human intestinal epithelial cells mimics Rab8a loss of function. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:2834-46 pubmed publisher..that the enrichment of DPPIV in this compartment originates from apical endocytosis and that depletion of Rab8a induces an accumulation of apical proteins in a similar compartment...