Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab6a
Description: RAB6A, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: 2610028L11Rik, AA419671, Rab6, ras-related protein Rab-6A, RAB6, member RAS oncogene family, rab-6
- Bell A, Ward M, Blackstock W, Freeman H, Choudhary J, Lewis A, et al. Proteomics characterization of abundant Golgi membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5152-65 pubmed
- Coumailleau F, Das V, Alcover A, Raposo G, Vandormael Pournin S, Le Bras S, et al. Over-expression of Rififylin, a new RING finger and FYVE-like domain-containing protein, inhibits recycling from the endocytic recycling compartment. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4444-56 pubmed..Rffl overexpression represents a novel means to inhibit recycling that will help to understand the mechanisms involved in recycling from the ERC to the plasma membrane. ..
- Bergo M, Leung G, Ambroziak P, Otto J, Casey P, Gomes A, et al. Isoprenylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase deficiency in mice. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5841-5 pubmed..g. N-acetyl-S-geranylgeranyl-l-cysteine). In addition, Icmt-/- cells lacked the ability to methylate Rab proteins. Thus, Icmt appears to be the only enzyme participating in the carboxyl methylation of isoprenylated proteins. ..
- Bardin S, Miserey Lenkei S, Hurbain I, Garcia Castillo D, Raposo G, Goud B. Phenotypic characterisation of RAB6A knockout mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Biol Cell. 2015;107:427-39 pubmed publisher..The two ubiquitous Rab isoforms, Rab6A and Rab6A', that are generated by alternative splicing of the RAB6A gene, regulate several transport steps at the ..
- Liu L, Watanabe N, Akatsu H, Nishimura M. Neuronal expression of ILEI/FAM3C and its reduction in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroscience. 2016;330:236-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a decline of ILEI expression may cause accumulation of A? in the brain and the eventual development of AD. ..
- Ma R, Zhang J, Liu X, Li L, Liu H, Rui R, et al. Involvement of Rab6a in organelle rearrangement and cytoskeletal organization during mouse oocyte maturation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:23560 pubmed publisher..Here we report severe disorganization of endoplasmic reticulum upon specific knockdown of Rab6a in mouse oocytes...
- Schlager M, Kapitein L, Grigoriev I, Burzynski G, Wulf P, Keijzer N, et al. Pericentrosomal targeting of Rab6 secretory vesicles by Bicaudal-D-related protein 1 (BICDR-1) regulates neuritogenesis. EMBO J. 2010;29:1637-51 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify Bicaudal-D-related protein 1 (BICDR-1) as an effector of the small GTPase Rab6 and key component of the molecular machinery that controls secretory vesicle transport in developing neurons...
- Chen Y, Jiang C, Jin M, Gong Y, Zhang X. The role of Rab6 GTPase in the maturation of phagosome against Staphylococcus aureus. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015;61:35-44 pubmed publisher..As reported, Rab6 GTPase was involved in the regulation of hemocytic phagocytosis in invertebrates...
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Jollivet F, Camonis J, Marche P, Goud B. Two-hybrid system screen with the small GTP-binding protein Rab6. Identification of a novel mouse GDP dissociation inhibitor isoform and two other potential partners of Rab6. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14801-8 pubmedb>Rab6 is a small GTP-binding protein that belongs to the Ras superfamily and is involved in intra-Golgi transport...
- Thyrock A, Ossendorf E, Stehling M, Kail M, Kurtz T, Pohlentz G, et al. A new Mint1 isoform, but not the conventional Mint1, interacts with the small GTPase Rab6. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64149 pubmed publisher..They have been shown to play a role in several human diseases. One prominent member, Rab6, is thought to be involved in the development of Alzheimer's Disease, the most prevalent mental disorder worldwide...
- Antony C, Huchet M, Changeux J, Cartaud J. Developmental regulation of membrane traffic organization during synaptogenesis in mouse diaphragm muscle. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:959-68 pubmed
- Yamada M, Kumamoto K, Mikuni S, Arai Y, Kinjo M, Nagai T, et al. Rab6a releases LIS1 from a dynein idling complex and activates dynein for retrograde movement. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2033 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the small GTPase Rab6a is essential for activation of idling dynein...
- Chavrier P, Simons K, Zerial M. The complexity of the Rab and Rho GTP-binding protein subfamilies revealed by a PCR cloning approach. Gene. 1992;112:261-4 pubmed..These results confirm that the overall diversity of the Rab and Rho protein subfamilies account for more than thirty different members in mammalian cells. ..
- Miserey Lenkei S, Waharte F, Boulet A, Cuif M, Tenza D, El Marjou A, et al. Rab6-interacting protein 1 links Rab6 and Rab11 function. Traffic. 2007;8:1385-403 pubmedRab11 and Rab6 guanosine triphosphatases are associated with membranes of the recycling endosomes (REs) and Golgi complex, respectively...
- Hume A, Collinson L, Rapak A, Gomes A, Hopkins C, Seabra M. Rab27a regulates the peripheral distribution of melanosomes in melanocytes. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:795-808 pubmed
- Hou X, Zhang J, Li L, Ma R, Ge J, Han L, et al. Rab6a is a novel regulator of meiotic apparatus and maturational progression in mouse oocytes. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22209 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report that when Rab6a is specifically knockdown, mouse oocytes are unable to progress normally through meiosis, arresting at metaphase I...
- Monier S, Jollivet F, Janoueix Lerosey I, Johannes L, Goud B. Characterization of novel Rab6-interacting proteins involved in endosome-to-TGN transport. Traffic. 2002;3:289-97 pubmed..we have isolated two clones that specifically interact with the three isoforms of Rab6 present in mammalian cells (Rab6A, A' and B)...