Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab3c
Description: RAB3C, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: 2700062I01Rik, 3110015B08Rik, 3110037E15Rik, AI850886, ras-related protein Rab-3C, small GTP-binding protein Rab3C
- Schlüter O, Basu J, Sudhof T, Rosenmund C. Rab3 superprimes synaptic vesicles for release: implications for short-term synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1239-46 pubmed..The four closely related small GTP-binding proteins Rab3A, Rab3B, Rab3C, and Rab3D are believed to be important for these steps...
- Matsumoto M, Miki T, Shibasaki T, Kawaguchi M, Shinozaki H, Nio J, et al. Noc2 is essential in normal regulation of exocytosis in endocrine and exocrine cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8313-8 pubmed..Thus, Noc2, a critical effector of Rab3, is essential in normal regulation of exocytosis in both endocrine and exocrine cells. ..
- Schlüter O, Khvotchev M, Jahn R, Sudhof T. Localization versus function of Rab3 proteins. Evidence for a common regulatory role in controlling fusion. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:40919-29 pubmedRab3A, Rab3B, Rab3C, and Rab3D constitute a family of GTP-binding proteins that are implicated in regulated exocytosis...
- Zou L, Zhou J, Zhang J, Li J, Liu N, Chai L, et al. The GTPase Rab3b/3c-positive recycling vesicles are involved in cross-presentation in dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15801-6 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that Rab3b/3c-positive recycling vesicles are involved in and may constitute one of the recycling compartments in exogenous antigen cross-presentation. ..
- Riedel D, Antonin W, Fernandez Chacon R, Alvarez de Toledo G, Jo T, Geppert M, et al. Rab3D is not required for exocrine exocytosis but for maintenance of normally sized secretory granules. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6487-97 pubmed..We conclude that Rab3D exerts its function during granule maturation, possibly by preventing homotypic fusion of secretory granules. ..
- Schonn J, van Weering J, Mohrmann R, Schlüter O, Sudhof T, de Wit H, et al. Rab3 proteins involved in vesicle biogenesis and priming in embryonic mouse chromaffin cells. Traffic. 2010;11:1415-28 pubmed publisher..Here, we used a quadruple Rab3 knockout (KO) (rab3a, rab3b, rab3c, rab3d null, here denoted as ABCD(-/-) ) mouse line to investigate Rab3 function in embryonic mouse adrenal ..
- Pavlos N, Xu J, Papadimitriou J, Zheng M. Molecular cloning of the mouse homologue of Rab3c. J Mol Endocrinol. 2001;27:117-22 pubmed..Here we report the isolation of a cDNA clone encoding the complete Rab3c isoform from mouse embryo using a degenerative PCR-based approach...
- Schlüter O, Schmitz F, Jahn R, Rosenmund C, Sudhof T. A complete genetic analysis of neuronal Rab3 function. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6629-37 pubmedRab3A, Rab3B, Rab3C, and Rab3D are closely related GTP-binding proteins of synaptic vesicles that may function in neurotransmitter release...
- Perdigoto C, Bardot E, Valdes V, Santoriello F, Ezhkova E. Embryonic maturation of epidermal Merkel cells is controlled by a redundant transcription factor network. Development. 2014;141:4690-6 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal the presence of a robust transcriptional network required to produce functional Merkel cells that are required for tactile discrimination. ..
- El Shahawy M, Reibring C, Neben C, Hallberg K, Marangoni P, Harfe B, et al. Cell fate specification in the lingual epithelium is controlled by antagonistic activities of Sonic hedgehog and retinoic acid. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006914 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal key functions for SHH and RA in cell fate specification in the lingual epithelium and aid in deciphering the molecular mechanisms that assign cell identity. ..