Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab38
Description: RAB38, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: 2310011F14Rik, AU043391, cht, ras-related protein Rab-38, RAB38, member of RAS oncogene family, chocolate
- Charles J, Coury F, Sulyanto R, Sitara D, Wu J, Brady N, et al. The collection of NFATc1-dependent transcripts in the osteoclast includes numerous genes non-essential to physiologic bone resorption. Bone. 2012;51:902-12 pubmed publisher..RANKL-induced, NFATc1-dependent transcripts in the osteoclast are described: Nhedc2, Rhoc, Serpind1, Adcy3 and Rab38. Despite reasonable hypotheses for the importance of these molecules in the bone resorption pathway and their ..
- Oguro K, Ito M, Tsuda H, Mutoh K, Shiraishi H, Shirasaka Y, et al. Association of NMDA receptor sites and seizures of El mice. Epilepsy Res. 1991;9:225-30 pubmed..No significant change was observed in El(-) mice after postural stimulation. These results suggest that El(+) and El(-) mice share seizure propensity and that activation of NMDA receptors is involved in the seizures of El mice. ..
- Brandl C, Ortiz O, RÃ¶ttig B, Wefers B, Wurst W, KÃ¼hn R. Creation of targeted genomic deletions using TALEN or CRISPR/Cas nuclease pairs in one-cell mouse embryos. FEBS Open Bio. 2015;5:26-35 pubmed publisher..Herein, we applied pairs of TALEN or sgRNAs and Cas9 to create deletions in the Rab38 gene. We found that the deletion of 3.2 or 9.3Â kb, but not of 30Â kb, occurs at a frequency of 6-37%...
- Meyer M, Ortiz O, Hrabe de Angelis M, Wurst W, Kühn R. Modeling disease mutations by gene targeting in one-cell mouse embryos. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9354-9 pubmed publisher..as template for homologous recombination, we introduced missense and silent mutations into the Rab38 gene, encoding a small GTPase that regulates intracellular vesicle trafficking...
- Osanai K, Oikawa R, Higuchi J, Kobayashi M, Tsuchihara K, Iguchi M, et al. A mutation in Rab38 small GTPase causes abnormal lung surfactant homeostasis and aberrant alveolar structure in mice. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1265-74 pubmed publisherThe chocolate mutation, which is associated with oculocutaneous albinism in mice, has been attributed to a G146T transversion in the conserved GTP/GDP-interacting domain of Rab38, a small GTPase that regulates intracellular vesicular ..
- Wefers B, Meyer M, Ortiz O, Hrabe de Angelis M, Hansen J, Wurst W, et al. Direct production of mouse disease models by embryo microinjection of TALENs and oligodeoxynucleotides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:3782-7 pubmed publisher..Within 2 d of embryo injection, we created and corrected chocolate missense mutations in the small GTPase RAB38; a regulator of intracellular vesicle trafficking and phenotypic ..
- Tamura K, Ohbayashi N, Maruta Y, Kanno E, Itoh T, Fukuda M. Varp is a novel Rab32/38-binding protein that regulates Tyrp1 trafficking in melanocytes. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:2900-8 pubmed publisherTwo small GTPase Rabs, Rab32 and Rab38, have recently been proposed to regulate trafficking of melanogenic enzymes to melanosomes in mammalian epidermal melanocytes; however, the exact molecular mechanism of Rab32/38-mediated transport ..
- Wang F, Zhang H, Zhang X, Wang Y, Ren F, Zhang X, et al. Varp interacts with Rab38 and functions as its potential effector. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:162-7 pubmed publisher..To further investigate the function of Varp, a yeast two-hybrid screen was performed and Rab38 was identified as a Varp-associated protein...
- Potter M, Rinchik E. Deletion mapping of the chocolate (cht) locus within the Fes-Hbb region of mouse chromosome 7. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:46-8 pubmed