Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab23
Description: RAB23, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: AW545388, opb, opb2, ras-related protein Rab-23, open brain 2, protein open brain, rab-15
- Fuller K, O Connell J, Gordon J, Mauti O, EGGENSCHWILER J. Rab23 regulates Nodal signaling in vertebrate left-right patterning independently of the Hedgehog pathway. Dev Biol. 2014;391:182-95 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the small GTPase Rab23, known for its role in Hedgehog signaling, plays a separate role in Nodal signaling and left-right patterning in ..
- Lim Y, Tang B. A role for Rab23 in the trafficking of Kif17 to the primary cilium. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:2996-3008 pubmed publisherThe small GTPase Rab23 is an antagonist of sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling during mouse development...
- Rice R, Connor E, Rice D. Expression patterns of Hedgehog signalling pathway members during mouse palate development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:206-12 pubmed..No differences were found in the expression patterns of Hh pathway members along the anterior-posterior axis of the developing palate. ..
- Spörle R, Gunther T, Struwe M, Schughart K. Severe defects in the formation of epaxial musculature in open brain (opb) mutant mouse embryos. Development. 1996;122:79-86 pubmed..Here, we describe severe phenotypic alterations in dorsal somite derivatives of homozygous open brain (opb) mutant mouse embryos which suggest crucial interactions between dorsal neural tube and dorsal somite regions...
- Ko H, Norman R, Tran J, Fuller K, Fukuda M, Eggenschwiler J. Broad-minded links cell cycle-related kinase to cilia assembly and hedgehog signal transduction. Dev Cell. 2010;18:237-47 pubmed publisher..We propose that Bromi and CCRK control the structure of the primary cilium by coordinating assembly of the axoneme and ciliary membrane, allowing Gli proteins to be properly activated in response to Shh signaling. ..
- Chavrier P, Simons K, Zerial M. The complexity of the Rab and Rho GTP-binding protein subfamilies revealed by a PCR cloning approach. Gene. 1992;112:261-4 pubmed..These results confirm that the overall diversity of the Rab and Rho protein subfamilies account for more than thirty different members in mammalian cells. ..
- Yang L, Clinton J, Blackburn M, Zhang Q, Zou J, Zielinska Kwiatkowska A, et al. Rab23 regulates differentiation of ATDC5 chondroprogenitor cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10649-57 pubmed publisher..Inverse PCR analysis of these clones revealed that the retroviral DNA was inserted into the promoter region of the Rab23 gene, resulting in increased Rab23 expression...
- Lien W, Klezovitch O, Fernandez T, Delrow J, Vasioukhin V. alphaE-catenin controls cerebral cortical size by regulating the hedgehog signaling pathway. Science. 2006;311:1609-12 pubmed..We propose that alphaE-catenin connects cell-density-dependent adherens junctions with the developmental hedgehog pathway and that this connection may provide a negative feedback loop controlling the size of developing cerebral cortex. ..
- Guo A, Wang T, Ng E, Aulia S, Chong K, Teng F, et al. Open brain gene product Rab23: expression pattern in the adult mouse brain and functional characterization. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:1118-27 pubmed..brain (opb) phenotype antagonizes sonic hedgehog-mediated signaling and encodes a small GTPase of the Rab family, Rab23. To date, the brain expression profile and exact mechanism of function of the Rab23 protein has remained unknown...
- Spörle R, Schughart K. Paradox segmentation along inter- and intrasomitic borderlines is followed by dysmorphology of the axial skeleton in the open brain (opb) mouse mutant. Dev Genet. 1998;22:359-73 pubmedIn open brain (opb) mutant embryos, developmental defects of the trunk spinal cord were spatially correlated with severe defects of the epaxial somite derivatives including sclerotomes, whereas hypaxial somite derivatives are much less ..
- Qian X, Davis A, Goderie S, Temple S. FGF2 concentration regulates the generation of neurons and glia from multipotent cortical stem cells. Neuron. 1997;18:81-93 pubmed
- Hoover A, Wynkoop A, Zeng H, Jia J, Niswander L, Liu A. C2cd3 is required for cilia formation and Hedgehog signaling in mouse. Development. 2008;135:4049-58 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the human ortholog for this gene lies in proximity to the critical regions of Meckel-Gruber syndrome 2 (MKS2) and Joubert syndrome 2 (JBTS2), making it a potential candidate for these two human genetic disorders. ..
- Patterson V, Damrau C, Paudyal A, Reeve B, Grimes D, Stewart M, et al. Mouse hitchhiker mutants have spina bifida, dorso-ventral patterning defects and polydactyly: identification of Tulp3 as a novel negative regulator of the Sonic hedgehog pathway. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:1719-39 pubmed publisher..expression or processing of Gli3, and we demonstrate that transcriptional regulation of other negative regulators (Rab23, Fkbp8, Thm1, Sufu and PKA) is not affected...
- Miletich I, Cobourne M, Abdeen M, Sharpe P. Expression of the Hedgehog antagonists Rab23 and Slimb/betaTrCP during mouse tooth development. Arch Oral Biol. 2005;50:147-51 pubmed..We have examined the expression pattern of the putative antagonists Rab23 and Slimb/betaTrCP during early murine odontogenesis and find that these molecules are expressed in the developing ..
- Leaf A, von Zastrow M. Dopamine receptors reveal an essential role of IFT-B, KIF17, and Rab23 in delivering specific receptors to primary cilia. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..This targeting mechanism critically depends on Rab23, a small guanine nucleotide binding protein that has important effects on physiological signaling from cilia but ..
- Olkkonen V, Peterson J, Dupree P, Lutcke A, Zerial M, Simons K. Isolation of a mouse cDNA encoding Rab23, a small novel GTPase expressed predominantly in the brain. Gene. 1994;138:207-11 pubmedThe full-length cDNA encoding Rab23, a novel Ras-related small GTPase, was isolated using the sequence of a previously described [Chavrier et al...