Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab1a
Description: RAB1A, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: Gtbp, Rab-1, Rab1, Ypt1, mKIAA3012, ras-related protein Rab-1A, RAB1, member RAS oncogene family, YPT1-related protein, ras-related YPT1 protein
- Papadopoulos N, Nicolaides N, Liu B, Parsons R, Lengauer C, Palombo F, et al. Mutations of GTBP in genetically unstable cells. Science. 1995;268:1915-7 pubmed..Here the gene encoding a G/T mismatch-binding protein (GTBP) was localized to within 1 megabase of the related hMSH2 gene on chromosome 2 and was found to be inactivated in ..
- Antony C, Huchet M, Changeux J, Cartaud J. Developmental regulation of membrane traffic organization during synaptogenesis in mouse diaphragm muscle. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:959-68 pubmed
- Rizzo R, Parashuraman S, Mirabelli P, Puri C, Lucocq J, Luini A. The dynamics of engineered resident proteins in the mammalian Golgi complex relies on cisternal maturation. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:1027-36 pubmed publisher..Maturation models predict the progress of such polymerized residents through the stack along with cargo, but stable cisternae models do not. The results support the cisternal maturation mechanism. ..
- Chavrier P, Simons K, Zerial M. The complexity of the Rab and Rho GTP-binding protein subfamilies revealed by a PCR cloning approach. Gene. 1992;112:261-4 pubmed..These results confirm that the overall diversity of the Rab and Rho protein subfamilies account for more than thirty different members in mammalian cells. ..
- Huang W, Wu G, Wang G. Cell type-specific and light-dependent expression of Rab1 and Rab6 GTPases in mammalian retinas. Vis Neurosci. 2009;26:443-52 pubmed publisherThe Ras-like Rab1 and Rab6 GTPases modulate protein traffic along the early secretory pathway and are involved in the regulation of maturation of rhodopsin in the outer retina...
- Yamasaki A, Menon S, Yu S, Barrowman J, Meerloo T, Oorschot V, et al. mTrs130 is a component of a mammalian TRAPPII complex, a Rab1 GEF that binds to COPI-coated vesicles. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4205-15 pubmed publisherThe GTPase Rab1 regulates endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi and early Golgi traffic. The guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) or factors that activate Rab1 at these stages of the secretory pathway are currently unknown...
- Gurkan C, Lapp H, Alory C, Su A, Hogenesch J, Balch W. Large-scale profiling of Rab GTPase trafficking networks: the membrome. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3847-64 pubmed..An interactive website for exploring datasets comprising components of the Rab-regulated hubs that define the membrome of different cell and organ systems in both human and mouse is available at http://www.membrome.org/. ..
- Wedemeyer N, Schmitt John T, Evers D, Thiel C, Eberhard D, Jockusch H. Conservation of the 3'-untranslated region of the Rab1a gene in amniote vertebrates: exceptional structure in marsupials and possible role for posttranscriptional regulation. FEBS Lett. 2000;477:49-54 pubmed..Here we report that the most highly conserved nucleotide sequence of the Rab1a gene of amniote vertebrates corresponds to the 3'-untranslated region (3'-UTR) of the mRNA...
- Kelleher K, Matthaei K, Leck K, Hendry I. Developmental expression of messenger RNA levels of the alpha subunit of the GTP-binding protein, Gz, in the mouse nervous system. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1998;107:247-53 pubmed..This further strengthens the hypothesis that Gzalpha is important in the transfer of information from target tissues to the innervating nerve cells. ..
- Korthaus D, Wedemeyer N, Wiegand C, Jockusch H. The gene for cytoplasmatic malate dehydrogenase, Mor2, is closely linked to the wobbler spinal muscular atrophy gene (wr). Mamm Genome. 1996;7:250 pubmed
- Taparowsky E, Shimizu K, Goldfarb M, Wigler M. Structure and activation of the human N-ras gene. Cell. 1983;34:581-6 pubmed..From previous studies we conclude that amino acid substitutions in two distinct regions can activate the transforming potential of ras gene products. ..
- McGrath J, Capon D, Smith D, Chen E, Seeburg P, Goeddel D, et al. Structure and organization of the human Ki-ras proto-oncogene and a related processed pseudogene. Nature. 1983;304:501-6 pubmed..This suggests that the functional gene may specify either of two related polypeptides depending on the pattern of RNA splicing...
- Ali N, Jurczyluk J, Shay G, Tnimov Z, Alexandrov K, Munoz M, et al. A highly sensitive prenylation assay reveals in vivo effects of bisphosphonate drug on the Rab prenylome of macrophages outside the skeleton. Small Gtpases. 2015;6:202-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also detected a clear effect of subcutaneous ZOL administration in vivo on the prenylation of Rab1A, Rab5B, Rab7A and Rab14 in mouse peritoneal macrophages, confirming that systemic treatment with bisphosphonate ..
- Nabavi N, Pustylnik S, Harrison R. Rab GTPase mediated procollagen trafficking in ascorbic acid stimulated osteoblasts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46265 pubmed publisher..analysis to identify the Rab GTPases that are up-regulated during a 5-day AA differentiation of OBs, namely Rab1, Rab3d, and Rab27b...
- Ishida M, Ohbayashi N, Fukuda M. Rab1A regulates anterograde melanosome transport by recruiting kinesin-1 to melanosomes through interaction with SKIP. Sci Rep. 2015;5:8238 pubmed publisher..Here we discovered that small GTPase Rab1A on melanosomes recruits SKIP/PLEKHM2 as a Rab1A-specific effector and that Rab1A, SKIP, and a kinesin-1/(Kif5b+..
- Bell A, Ward M, Blackstock W, Freeman H, Choudhary J, Lewis A, et al. Proteomics characterization of abundant Golgi membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5152-65 pubmed
- Cooper A, Gitler A, Cashikar A, Haynes C, Hill K, Bhullar B, et al. Alpha-synuclein blocks ER-Golgi traffic and Rab1 rescues neuron loss in Parkinson's models. Science. 2006;313:324-8 pubmed..Elevated expression of Rab1, the mammalian YPT1 homolog, protected against alphaSyn-induced dopaminergic neuron loss in animal models of PD...
- Fuchs S, Resch K, Thiel C, Ulbrich M, Platzer M, Jockusch H, et al. Comparative transcription map of the wobbler critical region on mouse chromosome 11 and the homologous region on human chromosome 2p13-14. BMC Genet. 2002;3:14 pubmed..5 Mb between REL/Rel and RAB1A/Rab1a...
- Lengeling A, Zimmer W, Goodman S, Ma Y, Bloom M, Bruneau G, et al. Exclusion of two candidate genes, Spnb-2 and Dcd, for the wobbler spinal muscular atrophy gene on proximal mouse chromosome 11. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:163-6 pubmed
- Capon D, Chen E, Levinson A, Seeburg P, Goeddel D. Complete nucleotide sequences of the T24 human bladder carcinoma oncogene and its normal homologue. Nature. 1983;302:33-7 pubmed
- Wichmann H, Jockusch H, Guenet J, Gallwitz D, Kaupmann K. The mouse homolog to the ras-related yeast gene YPT1 maps on chromosome 11 close to the wobbler (wr) locus. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:467-8 pubmed
- Loh E, Peter F, Subramaniam V, Hong W. Mammalian Bet3 functions as a cytosolic factor participating in transport from the ER to the Golgi apparatus. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1209-22 pubmed..We also show that Bet3 acts after COPII but before Rab1, alpha-SNAP and the EGTA-sensitive stage during ER-Golgi transport...
- Wu G, Yussman M, Barrett T, Hahn H, Osinska H, Hilliard G, et al. Increased myocardial Rab GTPase expression: a consequence and cause of cardiomyopathy. Circ Res. 2001;89:1130-7 pubmed..GTPase expression can contribute to cardiomyopathy, we transgenically overexpressed in mouse hearts prototypical Rab1a, the small G protein that regulates vesicle transport from endoplasmic reticulum to and through Golgi...
- Fawell E, Hook S, Armstrong J. Nucleotide sequence of a gene encoding a YPT1-related protein from Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:4373 pubmed
- Wichmann H, Disela C, Haubruck H, Gallwitz D. Nucleotide sequence of the mouse ypt1 gene encoding a ras-related GTP-binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:6737-8 pubmed