Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Rab11a
Description: RAB11A, member RAS oncogene family
Alias: ras-related protein Rab-11A, rab-11
- Xie L, O Reilly C, Chapes S, Mora S. Adiponectin and leptin are secreted through distinct trafficking pathways in adipocytes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1782:99-108 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that leptin and adiponectin secretion involve distinct intracellular compartments and that endosomal compartments are required for adiponectin but not for leptin secretion. ..
- McClory H, Williams D, Sapp E, Gatune L, Wang P, DiFiglia M, et al. Glucose transporter 3 is a rab11-dependent trafficking cargo and its transport to the cell surface is reduced in neurons of CAG140 Huntington's disease mice. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2014;2:179 pubmed publisher..These data define Glut3 to be a rab11-dependent trafficking cargo and suggest that impaired Glut3 trafficking arising from rab11 dysfunction underlies the glucose hypometabolism observed in HD. ..
- Ying G, Gerstner C, Frederick J, Boye S, Hauswirth W, Baehr W. Small GTPases Rab8a and Rab11a Are Dispensable for Rhodopsin Transport in Mouse Photoreceptors. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0161236 pubmed publisherb>Rab11a and Rab8a are ubiquitous small GTPases shown as required for rhodopsin transport in Xenopus laevis and zebrafish photoreceptors by dominant negative (dn) disruption of function...
- Peng C, Ye J, Yan S, Kong S, Shen Y, Li C, et al. Ablation of vacuole protein sorting 18 (Vps18) gene leads to neurodegeneration and impaired neuronal migration by disrupting multiple vesicle transport pathways to lysosomes. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:32861-73 pubmed..Our results demonstrate important roles of Vps18 in neuron survival and migration, which are disrupted in multiple neural disorders. ..
- Barral D, Garg S, Casalou C, Watts G, Sandoval J, Ramalho J, et al. Arl13b regulates endocytic recycling traffic. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:21354-9 pubmed publisher..Our present results indicate a previously unidentified role for Arl13b in endocytic recycling traffic and suggest a link between Arl13b function and the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Bhartur S, Calhoun B, Woodrum J, Kurkjian J, Iyer S, Lai F, et al. Genomic structure of murine Rab11 family members. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;269:611-7 pubmedb>Rab11a, Rab11b, and Rab25 in mammals are thought to comprise a subfamily of Rab proteins, although Rab25 has two amino acid differences in its effector domain...
- Holubcová Z, Howard G, Schuh M. Vesicles modulate an actin network for asymmetric spindle positioning. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:937-47 pubmed publisher..In particular, Rab11a-positive vesicles drive the network dynamics in a myosin-Vb-dependent manner, and modulate the network density by ..
- Devenport D, Oristian D, Heller E, Fuchs E. Mitotic internalization of planar cell polarity proteins preserves tissue polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:893-902 pubmed publisher..This underscores the physiological relevance and importance of this mechanism for regulating polarity during cell division. ..
- Zhang J, Johnson J, He J, Napolitano G, Ramadass M, Rocca C, et al. Cystinosin, the small GTPase Rab11, and the Rab7 effector RILP regulate intracellular trafficking of the chaperone-mediated autophagy receptor LAMP2A. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10328-10346 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we show that LAMP2A trafficking is regulated by cystinosin, Rab11, and RILP and that CMA up-regulation is a potential clinically relevant mechanism to increase cell survival in cystinosis. ..
- Uechi Y, Bayarjargal M, Umikawa M, Oshiro M, Takei K, Yamashiro Y, et al. Rap2 function requires palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:732-7 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate the involvement of palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization in cellular functions of Rap2 proteins. ..
- Zhang Q, Nishimura D, Seo S, Vogel T, Morgan D, Searby C, et al. Bardet-Biedl syndrome 3 (Bbs3) knockout mouse model reveals common BBS-associated phenotypes and Bbs3 unique phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20678-83 pubmed publisher..Differences between BBS mouse models suggest nonoverlapping functions to individual BBS protein. ..
- Patel C, Douard V, Yu S, Tharabenjasin P, Gao N, Ferraris R. Fructose-induced increases in expression of intestinal fructolytic and gluconeogenic genes are regulated by GLUT5 and KHK. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2015;309:R499-509 pubmed publisher..KHK), as well as GLUT5 trafficking to the apical membrane via the Ras-related protein in brain 11a (Rab11a)-dependent endosomes are required for the regulation of intestinal fructolytic and gluconeogenic enzymes...
- Cullinane A, Straatman Iwanowska A, Zaucker A, Wakabayashi Y, Bruce C, Luo G, et al. Mutations in VIPAR cause an arthrogryposis, renal dysfunction and cholestasis syndrome phenotype with defects in epithelial polarization. Nat Genet. 2010;42:303-12 pubmed publisher..We show that VIPAR forms a functional complex with VPS33B that interacts with RAB11A. Knockdown of vipar in zebrafish resulted in biliary excretion and E-cadherin defects similar to those in ..
- Takano T, Urushibara T, Yoshioka N, Saito T, Fukuda M, Tomomura M, et al. LMTK1 regulates dendritic formation by regulating movement of Rab11A-positive endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1755-68 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that the membrane supply to axons is regulated by lemur kinase 1 (LMTK1) through Rab11A-positive endosomes. Here we investigate the role of LMTK1 in dendrite formation...
- Coumailleau F, Das V, Alcover A, Raposo G, Vandormael Pournin S, Le Bras S, et al. Over-expression of Rififylin, a new RING finger and FYVE-like domain-containing protein, inhibits recycling from the endocytic recycling compartment. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4444-56 pubmed..Rffl overexpression represents a novel means to inhibit recycling that will help to understand the mechanisms involved in recycling from the ERC to the plasma membrane. ..
- Christ A, Christa A, Kur E, Lioubinski O, Bachmann S, Willnow T, et al. LRP2 is an auxiliary SHH receptor required to condition the forebrain ventral midline for inductive signals. Dev Cell. 2012;22:268-78 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a critical role for LRP2 in SHH signaling and reveal the molecular mechanism underlying forebrain anomalies in mice and patients with Lrp2 defects. ..
- Feng Q, Bonder E, Engevik A, Zhang L, Tyska M, Goldenring J, et al. Disruption of Rab8a and Rab11a causes formation of basolateral microvilli in neonatal enteropathy. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2491-2505 pubmed publisher..Although the demonstrated binding of Myo5b to the Rab8a and Rab11a small GTPases in vitro implicates cytoskeleton-dependent membrane sorting, the mechanisms underlying the ..
- van de Graaf S, Chang Q, Mensenkamp A, Hoenderop J, Bindels R. Direct interaction with Rab11a targets the epithelial Ca2+ channels TRPV5 and TRPV6 to the plasma membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:303-12 pubmed..In this study, we demonstrated the direct and specific interaction of GDP-bound Rab11a with TRPV5 and TRPV6...
- Pylypenko O, Welz T, Tittel J, Kollmar M, Chardon F, Malherbe G, et al. Coordinated recruitment of Spir actin nucleators and myosin V motors to Rab11 vesicle membranes. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Since MyoV binds several Rab GTPases, synchronized nucleator and motor targeting could provide a common mechanism to control force generation and motility in different cellular processes. ..
- Reish N, Boitet E, Bales K, Gross A. Nucleotide bound to rab11a controls localization in rod cells but not interaction with rhodopsin. J Neurosci. 2014;34:14854-63 pubmed publisher..Here we show that such mutations disrupt the binding of rhodopsin to the small GTPase rab11a. The rhodopsin-rab11a interaction is a direct binding interaction that does not depend on the nucleotide binding ..
- Patel C, Douard V, Yu S, Gao N, Ferraris R. Transport, metabolism, and endosomal trafficking-dependent regulation of intestinal fructose absorption. FASEB J. 2015;29:4046-58 pubmed publisher..Fructose could not up-regulate GLUT5 in GLUT5-KO, KHK-KO, and intestinal epithelial cell-specific Rab11a-KO mice. The fructose-specific metabolite glyceraldehyde did not increase GLUT5 expression...
- Sobajima T, Yoshimura S, Iwano T, Kunii M, Watanabe M, Atik N, et al. Rab11a is required for apical protein localisation in the intestine. Biol Open. 2014;4:86-94 pubmed publisher..We generated conditional knockout mice deficient in Rab11a. Rab11a-deficient mice are embryonic lethal, and brain-specific Rab11a knockout mice show no overt abnormalities ..
- Beaumont K, Hamilton N, Moores M, Brown D, Ohbayashi N, Cairncross O, et al. The recycling endosome protein Rab17 regulates melanocytic filopodia formation and melanosome trafficking. Traffic. 2011;12:627-43 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal new functions for RE and Rab17 in pigmentation through a distal step in the process of melanosome release via filopodia. ..
- Elias S, McGuire J, Yu H, Humbert S. Huntingtin Is Required for Epithelial Polarity through RAB11A-Mediated Apical Trafficking of PAR3-aPKC. PLoS Biol. 2015;13:e1002142 pubmed publisher..During this process, polarity complexes are targeted to the apical surface by a RAB11A-dependent mechanism...
- Schindler C, Chen Y, Pu J, Guo X, Bonifacino J. EARP is a multisubunit tethering complex involved in endocytic recycling. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:639-50 pubmed publisher..Depletion of syndetin or syntaxin 6 delays recycling of internalized transferrin to the cell surface. These findings implicate EARP in canonical membrane-fusion events in the process of endocytic recycling. ..
- Yuasa K, Yamagami S, Nagahama M, Tsuji A. Trafficking of cGMP-dependent protein kinase II via interaction with Rab11. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:522-6 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Rab11b is necessary for the trafficking of cGK-II and that the cGMP/cGK-II signaling pathway is closely related to Rab11b recycling pathway. ..
- Chou S, Hsu K, Otsu W, Hsu Y, Luo Y, Yeh C, et al. CLIC4 regulates apical exocytosis and renal tube luminogenesis through retromer- and actin-mediated endocytic trafficking. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10412 pubmed publisher..CLIC4 selectively modulates retromer-mediated apical transport by negatively regulating the formation of branched actin on early endosomes. ..
- Knowles B, Weis V, Yu S, Roland J, Williams J, Alvarado G, et al. Rab11a regulates syntaxin 3 localization and microvillus assembly in enterocytes. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:1617-26 pubmed publisherb>Rab11a is a key component of the apical recycling endosome that aids in the trafficking of proteins to the luminal surface in polarized epithelial cells...
- Ouyang Q, Lizarraga S, Schmidt M, Yang U, Gong J, Ellisor D, et al. Christianson syndrome protein NHE6 modulates TrkB endosomal signaling required for neuronal circuit development. Neuron. 2013;80:97-112 pubmed publisher..Finally, exogenous BDNF rescues defects in neuronal arborization. We propose that NHE6 mutation leads to circuit defects that are in part due to impoverished neuronal arborization that may be treatable by enhanced TrkB signaling. ..
- Sugawara K, Shibasaki T, Mizoguchi A, Saito T, Seino S. Rab11 and its effector Rip11 participate in regulation of insulin granule exocytosis. Genes Cells. 2009;14:445-56 pubmed publisher..The present study shows that both Rab11 and its effector Rip11 participate in insulin granule exocytosis and that Rip11, as a substrate of PKA, regulates the potentiation of exocytosis by cAMP in pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Shin S, Vogt E, Jimenez Movilla M, Baibakov B, Dean J. Cytoplasmic cleavage of DPPA3 is required for intracellular trafficking and cleavage-stage development in mice. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1643 pubmed publisher..Thus, the N-terminus of DPPA3 has a significant role in cytoplasmic vesicular trafficking in addition to its previously reported nuclear function. ..
- Yan Z, Wang Z, Segev N, Hu S, Minshall R, Dull R, et al. Rab11a Mediates Vascular Endothelial-Cadherin Recycling and Controls Endothelial Barrier Function. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:339-49 pubmed publisher..direct interaction of VE-cadherin with family-interacting protein 2 (at aa 453-484) formed a ternary complex with Rab11a in human endothelial cells...
- Weis V, Knowles B, Choi E, Goldstein A, Williams J, Manning E, et al. Loss of MYO5B in mice recapitulates Microvillus Inclusion Disease and reveals an apical trafficking pathway distinct to neonatal duodenum. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;2:131-157 pubmed..However, the diarrheal pathology after MYO5B loss is due to deficits in transporter presentation at the apical membrane in duodenal enterocytes. ..
- Jiang C, Liu Z, Hu R, Bo L, Minshall R, Malik A, et al. Inactivation of Rab11a GTPase in Macrophages Facilitates Phagocytosis of Apoptotic Neutrophils. J Immunol. 2017;198:1660-1672 pubmed publisher..We observed that apoptotic neutrophil feeding induced a rapid loss of Rab11a activity in bone marrow-derived macrophages and found that depletion of Rab11a in macrophages by small interfering ..