Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pum2
Description: pumilio RNA-binding family member 2
Alias: 5730503J23Rik, Pumm2, pumilio homolog 2, pumilio 2
- Raji B, Dansault A, Leemput J, de la Houssaye G, Vieira V, Kobetz A, et al. The RNA-binding protein Musashi-1 is produced in the developing and adult mouse eye. Mol Vis. 2007;13:1412-27 pubmed
- Scott R, White Grindley E, Ruley H, Chesler E, Williams R. P2P-R expression is genetically coregulated with components of the translation machinery and with PUM2, a translational repressor that associates with the P2P-R mRNA. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:99-105 pubmed..tissues that were screened using the WebQTL database, a strong positive expression covariance between P2P-R and the Pum2 gene product also was observed...
- Marrero E, Rossi S, Darr A, Tsoulfas P, Rotundo R. Translational regulation of acetylcholinesterase by the RNA-binding protein Pumilio-2 at the neuromuscular synapse. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36492-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Pumilio-2 (PUM2), an RNA binding translational repressor, is highly localized at the neuromuscular junction where AChE mRNA ..
- White E, Moore Jarrett T, Ruley H. PUM2, a novel murine puf protein, and its consensus RNA-binding site. RNA. 2001;7:1855-66 pubmed..proteins that might regulate posttranscriptional gene expression, we have characterized a novel murine Puf protein, PUM2. Pum2 transcripts were expressed in all murine tissues examined, suggesting the gene influences processes common to ..
- Spassov D, Jurecic R. Mouse Pum1 and Pum2 genes, members of the Pumilio family of RNA-binding proteins, show differential expression in fetal and adult hematopoietic stem cells and progenitors. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2003;30:55-69 pubmed..Here we describe cloning and comparative sequence analysis of Pum1 and Pum2 genes, mouse members of the Pumilio family, and for the first time demonstrate expression of Pumilio genes in ..
- Ekdahl Y, Farahani H, Behm M, Lagergren J, Ohman M. A-to-I editing of microRNAs in the mammalian brain increases during development. Genome Res. 2012;22:1477-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results imply that RNA editing influences the miRNA repertoire during brain maturation. ..
- Moore F, Jaruzelska J, Fox M, Urano J, Firpo M, Turek P, et al. Human Pumilio-2 is expressed in embryonic stem cells and germ cells and interacts with DAZ (Deleted in AZoospermia) and DAZ-like proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:538-43 pubmed..Here, we show that PUM2, a human homolog of Pumilio, a protein required to maintain germ line stem cells in Drosophila and Caenorhabditis ..
- Zagore L, Grabinski S, Sweet T, Hannigan M, Sramkoski R, Li Q, et al. RNA Binding Protein Ptbp2 Is Essential for Male Germ Cell Development. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:4030-42 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data provide evidence for an important role for alternative splicing regulation in germ cell development and a central role for Ptbp2 in this process. ..
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Shinmyozu K, Zhou Z, Kiso M, Saga Y. Dead end1 is an essential partner of NANOS2 for selective binding of target RNAs in male germ cell development. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:37-46 pubmed publisher..We also present the first evidence that the zinc finger domain of Nanos acts as a protein-interacting domain for another RBP, providing a novel insight into Nanos-mediated germ cell development. ..
- Follwaczny P, Schieweck R, Riedemann T, Demleitner A, Straub T, Klemm A, et al. Pumilio2-deficient mice show a predisposition for epilepsy. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1333-1342 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that pumilio RNA-binding family member 2 (Pumilio2; Pum2) plays a role in the regulation of excitability in hippocampal neurons of weaned and 5-month-old male mice...
- Galarneau A, Richard S. Target RNA motif and target mRNAs of the Quaking STAR protein. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:691-8 pubmed..In addition, 24% are implicated in cell growth and/or maintenance, suggesting a role for QKI in cancer...
- Barrios F, Filipponi D, Pellegrini M, Paronetto M, Di Siena S, Geremia R, et al. Opposing effects of retinoic acid and FGF9 on Nanos2 expression and meiotic entry of mouse germ cells. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:871-80 pubmed publisher..We found that NANOS2 interacts with PUM2, and that these two proteins colocalize in the ribonucleoparticle and polysomal fractions on sucrose gradients, ..
- Campbell Z, Menichelli E, Friend K, Wu J, Kimble J, Williamson J, et al. Identification of a conserved interface between PUF and CPEB proteins. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:18854-62 pubmed publisher..The equivalent loop in human PUM2 is required for binding to human CPEB3 in vitro, although the primary sequences of the human and C...