Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ptges3
Description: prostaglandin E synthase 3
Alias: 5730442A20Rik, Ptges, Tebp, cPGES, p23, sid3177, prostaglandin E synthase 3, cytosolic prostaglandin E2 synthase, hsp90 co-chaperone, p23 cochaperone, progesterone receptor complex p23, prostaglandin E synthase 3 (cytosolic), sid 3177, telomerase binding protein, p23
- Cullen S, Adrain C, Lüthi A, Duriez P, Martin S. Human and murine granzyme B exhibit divergent substrate preferences. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:435-44 pubmed..These data demonstrate that human and murine GzmB are distinct enzymes with different substrate preferences. Our observations also illustrate how subtle differences in enzyme structure can radically affect substrate selection. ..
- Nakatani Y, Hokonohara Y, Kakuta S, Sudo K, Iwakura Y, Kudo I. Knockout mice lacking cPGES/p23, a constitutively expressed PGE2 synthetic enzyme, are peri-natally lethal. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;362:387-92 pubmedCytosolic prostaglandin (PG) E synthase (cPGES) is constitutively expressed in various cells and regulates cyclooxygenase (COX)-1-dependent immediate PGE(2) generation...
- Ge X, Rameix Welti M, Gault E, Chase G, Dos Santos Afonso E, Picard D, et al. Influenza virus infection induces the nuclear relocalization of the Hsp90 co-chaperone p23 and inhibits the glucocorticoid receptor response. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23368 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the p23 cochaperone of Hsp90, which plays a major role in glucocorticoid receptor folding and function, associates with influenza ..
- Zelin E, Zhang Y, Toogun O, Zhong S, Freeman B. The p23 molecular chaperone and GCN5 acetylase jointly modulate protein-DNA dynamics and open chromatin status. Mol Cell. 2012;48:459-70 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the p23 molecular chaperone initiates disassembly of protein-DNA complexes and that the GCN5 acetyltransferase prolongs the ..
- Nguyen P, Wang D, Wang Y, Li Y, Uchizono J, Chan W. p23 co-chaperone protects the aryl hydrocarbon receptor from degradation in mouse and human cell lines. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:838-50 pubmed publisher..Without ligand, the AhR complex is cytoplasmic and contains p23. Our objective was to investigate whether the wild type p23 levels are important for the AhR function...
- Vogel S, Raulf N, Bregenhorn S, Biniossek M, Maurer U, Czabotar P, et al. Cytosolic Bax: does it require binding proteins to keep its pro-apoptotic activity in check?. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:9112-27 pubmed publisher..purification by gel filtration and blue native gel electrophoresis, we detected only one protein, called p23 hsp90 co-chaperone, which consistently and specifically co-purified with Bax...
- Nakatani Y, Hokonohara Y, Tajima Y, Kudo I, Hara S. Involvement of the constitutive prostaglandin E synthase cPGES/p23 in expression of an initial prostaglandin E2 inactivating enzyme, 15-PGDH. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2011;94:112-7 pubmed publisherWe previously showed that cytosolic prostaglandin (PG) E synthase (cPGES/p23) which isomerizes PGH(2) to PGE(2), is essential for fetal mouse development...
- Lee J, Kim H, Moon J, Sung Y, Baek I, Roh J, et al. Transgenic overexpression of p23 induces spontaneous hydronephrosis in mice. Int J Exp Pathol. 2011;92:251-9 pubmed publisherb>p23 is a cochaperone of heat shock protein 90 and also interacts functionally with numerous steroid receptors and kinases. However, the in vivo roles of p23 remain unclear...
- Forafonov F, Toogun O, Grad I, Suslova E, Freeman B, Picard D. p23/Sba1p protects against Hsp90 inhibitors independently of its intrinsic chaperone activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3446-56 pubmed publisher..Unlike the biochemical activities of the cochaperone p23, its in vivo functions and the structure-function relationship remain poorly understood, even in the genetically ..
- Madon Simon M, Grad I, Bayo P, Perez P, Picard D. Defective glucocorticoid receptor signaling and keratinocyte-autonomous defects contribute to skin phenotype of mouse embryos lacking the Hsp90 co-chaperone p23. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180035 pubmed publisherb>p23 is a small acidic protein with intrinsic molecular chaperone activity. It is best known as a co-chaperone of the major cytosolic molecular chaperone Hsp90...
- Baldo B, Weiss A, Parker C, Bibel M, Paganetti P, Kaupmann K. A screen for enhancers of clearance identifies huntingtin as a heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) client protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:1406-14 pubmed publisher..Hsp90 inhibition disrupted the interaction and induced clearance of Htt through the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Our data suggest that Htt is an Hsp90 client protein and that Hsp90 inhibition may provide a means to reduce mHtt in HD. ..
- Jin W, Dai J, Zhou H, Xia Q, Zou H, Zeng R. Phosphoproteome analysis of mouse liver using immobilized metal affinity purification and linear ion trap mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2004;18:2169-76 pubmed..The use of the linear ion trap considerably enabled exploitation of nanoflow-HPLC/MS/MS, and in addition MS/MS/MS has great potential in phosphoproteome research of relatively complex samples. ..
- Holt S, Aisner D, Baur J, Tesmer V, Dy M, Ouellette M, et al. Functional requirement of p23 and Hsp90 in telomerase complexes. Genes Dev. 1999;13:817-26 pubmed..We have identified the molecular chaperones p23 and Hsp90 as proteins that bind to the catalytic subunit of telomerase...